If you are salary it is unlimited (if you can get it approved), if you're hourly, you accrue PTO.
Vacation was never approved because the manager did not want to have to reschedule around your needs
I was only seasonal so not sure?
For full time staff there is the dangling carrot of "unlimited vacation". This sounds great until you realize that if you take advantage of it you will likely be the next person cut. The real reason is so that when they fire you or have sucked the life out of you and you quit? No requirement to pay out for unused vacation. Win / Win!
Unlimited PTO however it doesn't happen, as your phone rings contiously and there is no back up, so when you leave you come back to twice the work. There is no work life balance at all for field staff. Those that work on hourly basis are the only ones with work life balance. Salaried employees are worked to death and expected to take on more and more without additional compensation.
No vacation because they won't schedule you enough to earn one
PTO was earned with every hour work. I believe the max hours per year was 100 with no carry over to the next.
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Vacasa a better place to work?21 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Vacasa?15 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Vacasa about how to improve it?14 people answered
- What is the best part of working at Vacasa?9 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Vacasa?7 people answered
- How often do raises occur at Vacasa?7 people answered
- How flexible are your working hours at Vacasa?6 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Vacasa?6 people answered
- What is a typical day like for you at Vacasa?5 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Vacasa?5 people answered