Vacasa Employee Reviews

It's a productive place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sunriver, ORJune 16, 2018
Vacasa is a good place for employment great pay paid vacation time paid sick time they do offer benefits discounts I would recommend vacasa to people for employment
Pros
Benefits great pay
It's alright...
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2018
Vacasa can be a cool place to work, depending on what you're looking for. If you want a high salary job, this isn't the place. If you want flexibility, this is the place. Take your pick...
Overlooked great talent to hire younger employees
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2018
Constant Management Changes, Multiple Superviors, Unmanaged growth and Vision.

Culture intended for youngest labor force. Inflexible approach lead to stagnation.

Operational nightmare
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Meeting wonderful Clients
Cons
Constant Management Change, No Career Path Growth, People are dismissed without cause, Operations Managers are overworked and underpaid.
some good quality but needs better managers and team leaders
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seaside, ORMay 10, 2018
I had a 4.5 star rating out of 5 . I was the only one carrying the team and was moved team from team then I was told I was no longer needed and could try to get unemployment and never do
Pros
afternoon hours and nights
Cons
have to drive everywhere and they do not pay for the drive
Review
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Rockaway Beach, ORApril 26, 2018
good paying job. Not to hard to learn the job and pretty easy to do. Only bad thing is they over work their employees and get mad when someone wants a day off or try to make someone work on their scheduled day off!!
Pros
pays good
Cons
you'll have no life. you'll be stuck at work all day, everyday!
decent place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  South Fork, COApril 2, 2018
Wish the company would have offered more consistency as far hours. I find it difficult to make a living based on sporatic hours. The hourly pay was great but what was the point when the hours were cut short.
Pros
provided a cell phone
Cons
wasn't able to make enough hours to qualify for health insurance
Every negative you see in these reviews is true.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Groveland, CAMarch 29, 2018
I wrote a more comprehensive review of working for these people over in glass door, but I'll summarize here. Everything negative people say about this place is true; I've never before (or since) encountered a job that was so perfectly predicted by the online community. From management problems to supply issues to the general attitude problem of the company. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Not a good working environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDMarch 14, 2018
The company is not responsible for anything. The LOM are terrible. The company will tell you that you are full time until September, then oh you were only seasonal.
Not Bad If You Just Need Some Extra Pocket Money
Freelance Catalog Writer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2018
The low pay, lack of opportunities for growth, and task repetition (I've written hundreds of articles that are all frustratingly similar with little room for creativity) make this a pretty dull job. Fine if you need a few extra bucks or if you're just starting out.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Terrible pay
Local Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern UtahFebruary 17, 2018
Work hard, do more than you're asked and you will have a future with Vacasa. Management has been very helpful with different situations that I have encountered.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
On call most of the time, but it hasn't been too demanding
Vacasa is all-star
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitefish, MTFebruary 13, 2018
This is an all-star career. They were very understanding of my life and situations and we're willing to work around as much as they could. Very professional
Good group of people
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed my work and the people I worked with. They were good people and it was a team environment. I was able to work at my own pace and very rarely was pressured to do things that I was not qualified to do. I would recommend Vacasa to others.
Pros
work at own pace
Cons
Unnecessary call outs
Nice job but only in summer
Full Time Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Northwest FloridaFebruary 7, 2018
No hours in winter 14 hours for the month and im full time employee. Summer is good hours. Company iphone . called back to fix contractor mistakes all the time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No hours in off season Sept-Feb
Up and coming company
Operations Manager, Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJanuary 11, 2018
The management was young and inexperienced. They liked to hire friends that needed a job and didn't mind getting rid of people if a friend or family member needed a job..
Pros
worked on your own
Cons
worked 24/7 on call 24/7
Not good
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 11, 2018
This is not a good place to work they go through employees like used tissue. They expect too many cleans in too short of time, there is horrible communication between management and cleaners, and they don't provide a schedule you get to know if you are working the day of.
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
Too many houses not enough time
Good management team
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2018
The management team was really helpful during my employment , it was fun being the fact that you only worked for a few hours a day. The guest were friendly as well.
Hectic
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Vacasa is an interesting company, and when everything is working it was an enjoyable place to work. Unfortunately, the company has an incredibly high turnover rate. As a startup ones role is constantly changing , and the high turnover rate led to me having 5 different managers over the course of a little more than a year. Each manager required different things, and caused the entire job to change based on what that manager was emphasizing. Also, working on a salary with "unlimited time off" means that you never get a full day off. Instead they count any down time during your business day as your vacation time.
Unorganized
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  I’d rather not sayDecember 23, 2017
The app required to log in/ training messes up on a regular basis.
Management “adjusts” your hours (taking away hours worked so that they qualify for their bonuses). So if you don’t like being paid for all hours worked than you shouldn’t work here.
Schedule changes daily and sometimes at the last minute. I found out at 7:00 am what my schedule was for that day. Schedules sometimes changed without notice at anytime during the day. Was on call everyday (with no compensation for availability). They think they can assign you something anytime without notice even on your day off. Sometimes they have you drive across town to do a 20 minute job in the middle of the day and nothing else scheduled all day.
Hours are inconsistent so if you need a job with a consistent paycheck than do not be a housekeeper here.
Pros
Iphone
Cons
Inconsistent hours/ poor management
Growing to fast!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote LocationDecember 11, 2017
Don't work for this company. They change direction at the worst time. During busy summer or ski season.

Upper management is all about numbers and not about people. I worked very hard for the company and was given the opportunity to advance and was not given any guidance. When I heard that another manager went for training and I ask why I was not given the opportunity to go to training. They had no answer and was shrugged off for even asking.
Pros
Working Schedule
Cons
Bad upper management
Need stability in the workplace.
Business Development Representative-Vermont (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 7, 2017
Roles were not defined and in continuous flux. Had to always pick up the slack for other departments. Overall nice people at the company. Lots of travel in the territory, and weekend and nights are always in play.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight