Vacasa

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place with free benefits

Vacasa is a great place to work. The only thing is you have to work holidays if your normal work day falls on a holiday. Other than everything else is fine.

Pros

Free benefits, great atmosphere

Cons

No holidays off

Terrible company to work for!

The team at the Davenport,Florida location was terrible. No communication, part of the employees were rude and used of profanity language towards other employees. Even the managers talk bad about the company and others managers. What a shame!

Local management in Perdido Key is terrible

A very unprofessional atmosphere. Very disorganized local management. Constant disarray in office and very bad moral amongst employees due to bad local management.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Local management

Easy going

Great job for people who are self motivated and independent workers. Great compensation, benefits and fair management. Hardly any issues with this company.

Awesome Job

I loved working with Vacasa! The only reason I had to quit was because there isn’t much location flexibility and I couldn’t make it up the snowy canyon without all-wheel drive. The job was great, cleaning was fun, people were nice, and the pay was pretty good.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Best Company

Working at vacasa has been the best job i have had so far ever. The team in destin florida is the best team around they are loving and caring and they want nothing more then to help anyone and evreyone. im so sad that i had to leave due to personal reasons. i would come back if i could.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Innovative Company

Turnkey remains an innovative company. They seek to bring the vacation rentals into an easy vacation experience. The company encourages a work life balance.

Pros

Cons

Interdepartmental Relations

Very productive company. Clean vacation rooms. Home away from home feeling

Love my role i play here. Team players. Housekeeping is a big role in this company. Its a must be here everyday scheduled. Over all i see a goid future for me here at Vacasa

Pros

Health insurance dental vision. Incentives

Cons

All benefits

Unprofessional

Management for the most part was not very good. Not professional when it came to conflicts. Talks about other employees negatively. Good luck trying to get time off. Very inconsistent hours, they schedule you depending on your performance, even if you are new. So if you are not at their highest standards right away you won’t get hours.

Cons

No time to have a lunch

Not a bad job, but pay wasn't enough

Answering calls all day and emails occasionally during down time. Favorite part was the 2 weeks of training. It can be scary taking calls at first, but you ease into it really quickly. Had the option to take an hour lunch break but they would add 30 mins at the end of your schedule to make up for it. Left because I felt like the amount of pay was low for the amount of work and knowledge you needed to have. Management was super chill.

Pros

Wfh, Optional 1 hour lunch break

Cons

Pay

Fun team, satisfying work

Days can vary by the types of interactions you have with clients, guests, etc. Change and uncertainty happens a lot but managers recognize that as well. The employees are great to work withPTO is good, but you feel guilty using it. Meetings and other company projects are just busy work

Pros

Travel benefits, the people

Cons

Never-ending change and employee turnover

Home care Supervisor

Was greatLearned a lotDecent benefits and flexible scheduleHappiness truly depends on your local team and manager. I enjoyed my time there.

Best job Ive ever had...

That is saying ALOT!! Vacasa is the best job I've ever had, I've been in the housing industry for over 20 years now, and feel so lucky to work here. I get that the "commute" isn't the greatest but its very worth it! The sense of a family atmosphere & great people to work with can't be beat!They pay excellent & the benefits are the best out there, the 401K & life insurance are a good perk that they offer! I highly recommend looking into what Vacasa offers!! Come join our team!!

Pros

Cons

Only one is the commute

Terrible place to work

Save yourself the turmoil and run from this job as fast as you can. Vacasa does not care about housekeepers well being in any way. MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid, No concerns for safety, lied to about benefits and pay that you'll actually recieve

Great company to work for just wish they would have been a little bit more thorough with their training and app based procedures and protocols

I honestly enjoy working with Vacasa and love my job their app could be a little faster or a little more airstream for Practical use out in the field.

Pros

Work Independently without being micromanaged

Cons

Wear and tear on my vehicle with little compensation for gas

Environment and culture was great

My team was like a family, that sounds cliche, but we all had each others backs. I could go to multiple people with any sort of question or problem I had. Managers were easily available if needed for anything. Not a ton of flexibility. For me it was pretty much strictly 9-5. Although the days worked changed each week. However, my manager was easy to work with if I needed to move my days off around.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Not a ton of flexibility

Great workplace and job

TurnKey is a great company to work for and it's generally a fun environment, with plenty of opportunities for growth. The people are really kind and willing to help you succeed in your job. Management was also pretty flexible with hours.

Not too bad

Place is chill and relaxed for the most part, friendly people to work with, my manager was awesome. Guests can be annoying, but nice balance between emails and phones

Pros

environment

Cons

Guests can be annoying

Disorganized

I have the schedule I want which is great but the company itself is very disorganized. Or at least the region I work in. There management lacks structure so there constant miscommunication. The work is not evenly distributed and they’ll work you into the ground if you allow it.

Flaws in the Structure

When I started working for Vacasa, things were great. It was only me and a manager in the area for almost a year, and the small time was fine. Even then, you could tell that the LOM/RM structure was a strain on the middle management. My supervisor was always on call, always busy, and frequently unable to get through all necessary tasks.Because of what I call 'the management bottleneck' that was how a lot of things were for years. Necessary things would get sidelined by emergencies and forgotten. Adding more staff didn't help. By the time anything was done to distribute the load more evenly, it was much too late to fix the problems on the ground (upset homeowners, inconsistency of direction to the team, lack of field leadership, broken promises) it was already too late. I was backed into a very one sided PIP by a new RM after repeatedly expressing concerns about the LOM that were never addressed. I resigned, and do not regret the considerable decrease in stress.

Pros

_The schedule was flexible and allowed for a lot of self management_

Cons

_The management is not and (probably) never will be structured properly_

Cleaning rental homes for the privelliged

I was fortunate to have worked with knowledgeable people, who cared about doing quality work. I learned many helpful things, that improved my quality and efficiency.

Pros

Excellent co-workers

Cons

Poor monetary compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight