Vacasa
54Below average

Vacasa Employee Reviews

United States262 reviews
Ok place but no room for advancement
It was a great company -- fast paced -- lot's of potential and then the COVID virus hit and baam -- company came to grinding halt. Hated to see this.
Bad looking units
Working with them was a waist of time. Very limited work and if they didn’t have much they would have me doing laundry, complicated getting to units. No tips and jusT very ran down looking units. If you’re use to working at nice hotels or resort, run fast.
Great Region
I worked in the mountains which was a challenging region. After coming under new management, it really improved. Unfortunately, Covid-19 cost many of us our positions. There was no way to prevent this. Vacasa was a great opportunity for the ural and unique market I was in. It is hard to find such a great opportunity up here. They are flexible. As long as you work comparatively with others and. do your job diligently, everything runs smooth.

Vacasa offered generous benefits packages with visual and dental. PPO , personal and sick pay, bonuses discounts and even birthday credit.

If you are a procrastinator, lack initiative, motivation, or communication skills this may not be a good fit for you. This job requires dedicated work.If you thrive as a "go-getter" you'll fit in just fine.
Everything will be difficult
Worst management ever. They were all hired from failing hotel chains. They know nothing about vacation homes. You will always be blamed and reprimanded for every choice you make. You will never have any time off. The expectations are so unrealistic that it borders on bizarre.
Fast-Paced, modern, collaborative, hard-working company!
Open work environment allowing for collaboration and engagement. The company focuses on not just customers but employees as well! Took the time to train me and wanted input on how they could improve for the next person.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Don’t do it
Horrible company. Cancel reservations and then refuse to refund and make the customer service agents be the bad guys and take all the abuse from the customer. They think because they pay you $15 an hour you are their slave and should worship them. Management is a joke as well. No one is on the same page and the rules change depending on who you ask on a daily basis
Pros
Cons
The company had a good start up
I learned a lot about myself strength working independently setting up Seasonal Rental Homes on a routine daily basis
VaCasa used Iphone to communicate with me . I was provided with the location along with entry access codes and the the number of guess that are leaving to clean up after and with the number of guess to prepare for all withing proper time frame to allow for new guess to arrive
The vision that Vacasa has is quite awesome however
The vision that Vacasa has is quite awesome however Management is terrible the management and LOM’s have no problem spreading your business across town there’s no room for advancement if the manager is in a bad mood well she’ll take it out on anybody and anyone she feels like if she does something wrong/messes up she’ll definitely turn attention to somebody and make them look like they messed up not her she’ll never admit when she’s wrong she will never be a good manager she shouldn’t even have this job
Productive and fun workplace with snacks and foosball
I loved working at Vacasa. It was the best job I ever had, and I would still be working there if it weren't for Covid-19. The people were supportive and friendly, the environment was inclusive and chill, and the work was challenging and rewarding.
I loved working with Vacasa!
I thought this was a great company to work for--so many opportunities for advancement! Our Hilton Head Island team worked very well together and had just acquired the Wyndham office.
Went corporate and went downhill
I used to live this job, management and company went downhill a couple years ago. No room for advancement, no raises, no appreciation. The company has gone corporate and now cuts many corners.
Work from home was beneficial and more productive than office setting
I tended to log on early and log off late by choice. Enjoyed the role and building relationships with owners and creating accounts.
Worked closely with Operations team to implement solutions and increase revenues.
Hip Portland tech company that's possibly growing too fast
If you value change, you will move teams often and sometimes without notice. Every team uses a different tech stack, which can make sudden team transitions challenging if you are unfamiliar with the new environment.

The managers all have different styles and personalities, so sometimes you will get someone who champions you and supports your growth, but also there are some who will ignore you until your quarterly review. Also, the quarterly performance reviews can be nerve-wracking and you are expected to over-achieve each quarter or could possibly be reprimanded. Feedback during reviews is often vague or not based on measurable incidents, and often you can do exactly what you did in a successful quarter and have it come out unsuccessful the next, with no in-depth feedback provided as to why.

Some employees tend to not respect the facilities and will leave dirty dishes everywhere, or leave food and debris all over counters (even in conference rooms). Turn-over is high (most people leave within a year), and there was, unfortunately, a sub-culture of male employees being purposely tough on female employees. Despite this, the company as a whole tries to promote how much they stand behind diversity and gender equality, and they genuinely seem to champion this cause, but some individual employees do not appear to follow this policy (despite mandatory culture and diversity training).

The most enjoyable part of the job was that there are extremely talented people working here with wonderful personalities, in general, and since you are working with so many different tech stacks
 - more...
Layoffs
My experience at Vacasa was good. I was excited to have new leadership taking over to drive the organization's future. Unfortunately, the spread of Coronavirus in the USA caused the industry to plunge.
Great job, but everyone is paid on a dynamic level. Meaning people who do less work than you can make way more than you. Pay does not seem to be based on work ethic and more so seniority and likability.
Vacasa is the worst employer I've encountered in my 40 years of employment.
Vacasa is the worst employer I've encountered in my 40 years of employment. The Corporate and the local Mammoth Lakes management is hostile to hard working folks. The GM at Mammoth is unaware and wouldn't know what verbal abuse is even if it slapped him in the face. The House Keeping Manager is excessively condescending - likely a sociopath - and enjoys finding fault with those that try hard to be pleasant and do a good job. Yet the corporate management does nothing. If you want to be stalked outside of work hours and feed into Vacasa's corporate need to blame and abuse you, then this is your place to work
Vacasa has bad apples
The company I thought was awesome.
With any large company there are a few managers who abuse their power. That’s what happened with me. The company as of yet have not appeared to be following their own core values. I have detail notes and facts to prove the discrimination against me, which I have shared with the company. I only received an email saying they are looking into it. If Vacasa doesn’t go bankrupt don’t work for them if you want a fair chance at a career.
It's good
Good place to work. Let's great. Management is good, you gotta use your own vehicle and gas and you don't get reimbursed so that's a little annoying but that's about the worst part.
Great culture and growth opportunities
Vacasa has a culture that cares about everyone. Working in the corporate office I always kept the focus on the employees in the field. The housekeepers, maintenance staff, and local operations managers. I loved getting to work with them and learn about how to improve their tools or processes. The worst part about Vacasa is the foosball table. If you're on the phone and any near the table the person on the other end will ask if you're at a shooting range.
The people at Vacasa are the smartest, humblest, warmest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Vacasa has gone thru a lot of change inthe last 2 years. It is a great place to work, and tho i was laid off in the most recent round of lay-offs, I would go back in a heartbeat.
waste of time
they use you to their benefit then dispose of when no longer needed. also, completely unappreciative. there’s plenty more to say but would exceed the word characters.
Pros
working near the beach and great pay
Cons
everything except the 2 pros
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.5
2.6
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight