Vacasa
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Vacasa Employee Reviews

United States721 reviews

housekeeperturnkeyrentallomslomhomeownerguestproperty

Overall Vacasa is a great place to work

Vacasa as stated is a great place to work for the most part. In some of the offices/ base area is poor management and lack of organization. Employees are treated with no respect and with disregard. Other than that I very much enjoyed the job and loved what I was doing.

Great management team

Worked here for three years as a side job and it's been worth it. They have a great group of people to help when needed and are always there for me. Although it is very much a physical position, you do get to have time to relax and not think about too much as you clean.

Pros

Paid sick and Holidays

Cons

long physical hours

Vacasa insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Unfair and backwards

The company itself is awesome to work for but the linen warehouse in foley alabama is not ran on work ethic, its strictly favoritism and a** kissing. If your not one of their pick and you don't stay in their face kiss a** then you aint gotta chance in making it there no matter how good of a worker you are.

Pros

Good Benifits

Cons

Nothing makes sense.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working from homeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with others in the market not doing their job, the GM being messy and a HR nightmareWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Non-existent You work from home. You do not feel important or get kudos for doing a good job. Work environment is what you make it, and those who also work in the market have no intentions of working with you. You do a lot of figuring it out on your own. Training is absolutely minimal.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Constantly on the phone, driving from unit to unit, dealing with guest issues and homeowner issues

Nothing at all

Nothing at all they run your vehicle to death and get absolutely nothing out of it and there’s to much drama and they really should keep better check on there workers because most don’t even do there jobs and just mark it down as it’s been done overall ran poorly Probably the worst job iv ever even worked they run you in the ground.

Field Sales working remotely

Don't recommend. Culture completely changed after company went public. No job security and high turn over. Constant team realignment' 7 managers in 3 years. Unrealistic sales goals were set after company went public, seniority meant nothing!

Would not recommend to anyone who wants job security.

The team I worked with was great, my leaders were amazing, but at the end of the day Vacasa only see's it's employees as a number, they don't value to work that each employee brings to the table.

What is the best part of working at the company?The team I was on. Equal to me What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Changes. All the changes I had several job changes and regions within the first 2 months of me working there and then another the following month. I learned 4 different states and was told I was valuable to be let go shortly laterWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Environment- laid back but stressful. No micromanaging which was beautiful.Culture- every culture/ belief/ religion was honored if it came up there was something said to representWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?BUSY… I wasn’t just doing my job I was doing other positions and managing meetings Sometimes 9-5 sometimes 8-7

If you like chaos and layoffs this is the place for you!

Worked here for 5 years and through 3 CEOs - nothing ever changes. Don't be fooled by their promises of a fun and healthy culture- it's a toxic and chaotic work environment with a revolving door of new employees followed by mass layoffs. They cut teams from the top to save money and don't even give proper severance. HR is a disaster constantly screwing up insurance coverages 401k contributions and paychecks. The folks running the show are clueless and out of touch so things will never improve here.Save yourself the trouble and don't waste your time or talents here.

Pros

Cons

toxic work environment, LOW pay, under 3% raise allowance per year, incompetent leadership

Housekeeper

Buen lugar para trabajar como estudiante, los salarios son buenos y el trato es cordial, se respetan los horarios de trabajo y el ambiente laboral es bueno.

What is the best part of working at the company?There isn’t one What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Employees especially LOM’s in Hawai’i are overwhelmed overworked and have terrible pay for the level of responsibility that is the nature of property management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Backstabbing and lack of support from upper management What is a typical day like for you at the company?Depressed and overwhelmed

Great place to work and the people are welcoming

I’ve been at this job a little over a year. It has been an amazing and a wonderful adventure. The people are kind well mannered and just an awesome group of people I’ve ever worked with before. Yes there have been some stressful days but at the end of the day everything was completed and not only where the guest happy the employees were happy as well.

Pros

They offer an extensive benefit package which is wonderful.

Vacasa es una compañía que brinda un servicio de calidad a los vacacionistas y propietarios.

Un dia típico:- Recepción sistemática de los trabajos asignados con la fecha de creación del pedido y con la fecha de cumplimiento y códigos.- Uso de programa de campo para reportar en detalle el trabajo diario y los recursos utilizados.- Uso de un Sistema especializado y moderno para el control y reporte periódico de gastos. - Registro y control de las relaciones individuales con la Empresa a través de otros programas específicos y mensajes privados.- Registro de los detalles del diagnóstico de cada trabajo, a través de fotos y videos.- Utilización de programas para comprar los recursos que yo determine en cada caso según las características específicas.- Absoluta independencia- Coordinación oral y escrita con el huésped para llevar a cabo la planificación y ejecución de la obra a plena satisfacción del clienteAprendí:el uso de los programas, la gestion de recursos y la satisfaccion del cliente.La direccion oficina:Fort MyersLa cultura:multiculturalLo mas difícil:Asimilar la nueva tecnologíaLo que más me gustó:El Equipo de Trabajo excepcionalEl trabajo con poca supervisión

Pros

El Equipo de Trabajo excepcional, El trabajo con poca supervisión, Pago y bonificación a tiempo, Ayuda y entrenamiento para asimilar las nuevas tecnologías y vías de desarrollo profesional.

What is the best part of working at the company?Getting along with all the workers involved there . Treated wonderfully !What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I guess the hiring inWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great & everyone is easy to get along with.What is a typical day like for you at the company?The jobs goes smooth & fast . I was linen specialist. Keep machines moving . Watchful eye on shelves.

November 16, 2022
Thank you for the review! We are so excited with your exceptional experience. We looking forward to growing with you here at Vacasa.

Awful company

I’ve worked for many companies and this is by far the worse. Management is horrible. They change rules and standard daily and blame you for not hitting numbers. I was hired to be remote and was told that I had to clean, inspect homes, and take photos due to budget cuts.

November 22, 2022
Thank you for your review. While we know that the demands of the business can be challenging, we are always open to hearing from our teams on how our leaders can better support them and provide the assistance they need

Bad leadership and culture

My experience working in Vacasa was awful, the leadership across the company doesn’t care about the employees wellbeing or the culture. Vacasa laid off 578 employees and that shows the incompetent leaders they have as a company. I wouldn’t recommend working at Vacasa.

Pros

Acceptable health insurance

Cons

Bad culture, incompetent leadership and careless management

What is the best part of working at the company?No free time. Always on 24/7 callWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Never a day off. You work 60 hours a week but you can only claim 4o. They promise to make it right and don’t.They have a lot of training but there’s never enough staffWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Well that give u properties to inspect but you end up cleaning, maintenance, shopping, pics of guest damages. Maint tickets. Guest and owners have your direct line to you.Never a day offWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Wake up look at resgrid. Check on all check InsInspect back to backs. Maintain supply closets,Fix anything broken. If not call maintenance.Make sure the vacation rentals look like the photos in picture advertising. Trash put out and place must look amaculant. Blow leavesFluff chairs, check propane pit and hot tub.Install keyless entry locks and routers. Safety Inspectiond. Maint orders, contractors, AR, Ap,Keep open communication with owners at all times

November 22, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about your experience while working at Vacasa. While we understand the challenges that can arise in the field, such as busy schedules and seasonal demands with quick turnaround times, we have specific communication channels in place to ensure our employees have a support network for any issues that arise. We take all feedback received here very seriously and will be sure to consider this in our processes going forward.

Not the most fun work, but the pay was good and I loved my coworkers

I worked in Vacasa’s laundry for over a year after I graduated high school. The job isn’t hard, but it’s tedious and repetitive. Management was really good and my coworkers were nice and funny, which made the day go by much faster!

November 7, 2022
Thank you for the review! We agree, the employees are what makes Vacasa such a great place to work!

What is the best part of working at the company?Management very understanding, helpful and friendly. Amazing company to work forWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Biweekly pay is the only thing I do not likeWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly, helpful, everyone is accepted as they areWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Go to office grab supplies and go clean houses then stop by office to drop off extras, dirty lien, and trash

November 7, 2022
Thank you for the review and for all the hard work, we appreciate you immensely!

What is the best part of working at the company?I get to visit beautiful locations and homes on the beach in sunny FloridaWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Too many bossesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Excellent, everyone has your back if you communicate and work hard.What is a typical day like for you at the company?At home on the computer planning my work day, then a morning meeting with upper management and my direct report.

November 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We agree that many of the benefits of working for our company revolve around the fantastic people here at Vacasa.

Great pay, company is always changing

Lots of flexibility in the job. You get out as much as you put in. They are always changing and innovating, but sometimes the change can blindside you.

Pros

Pay

Cons

very little transparency from middle and upper management

November 4, 2022
Thank you for your review. We appreciate this feedback, as it helps us to continue to build a better, more transparent work environment for our teams. Regarding communication at Vacasa, we continue to host regular all-company town hall meetings to ensure our employees are "in the know" about what is happening across the business. We encourage employees who have questions or are interested in learning more about what is happening across Vacasa to talk to their manager, attend our town hall meetings and participate in other business updates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Vacasa.
Powered byComparably

Compare Vacasa with

Learn about Vacasa in popular locations

• Vacasa