Vacasa Employee Reviews

Productive fun place
Condo Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALMarch 22, 2019
People are friendly staff is phenomenal. They are very helpful and understanding. Super sweet staff and management. The pay is beyond minimum wage. The views are beautiful
Thank you, Next!
Senior Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitefish, MTMarch 8, 2019
Inconsistent communication, compassion, respect and praise for hard work being executed. You push your best employees out and leave nothing but the blind sheep to herd. I loved my job at vacasa! I LOVE CLEANING IN GENERAL! anyways, I felt depressed once I quit, but had to remember why I quit! They don’t care about my feelings so it’s a done deal, thank you, Next. And as for CEO he was very nice.
The perfect job for me.
Senior Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAMarch 6, 2019
Flexible. Great leadership. Great team. Great pay. To be able to basically be your own boss, in control of your own schedule (more or less). Fast growing company. Would love to stick around for as long as possible.
Pros
Flexibility
Great Education, Poor Management
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLFebruary 22, 2019
Top level training and tech is great. Good systems to work within, very organized data, leaders in the industry. I was a customer before I was an employee. However, they have a serious mid-management problem that is causing enormous turnover and massive amounts of attrition in the field. They are throwing spaghetti to the ceiling to see what sticks, and often times blurring the lines of legality by not having qualified personnel in key roles. I LOVED the actual work and clients, was the top performing rep in my region, yet they DO NOT have an open door policy and if you go to HR you get fired. The hardest part of the job is the constant change. My pay rate changed every single quarter. They come up with new ideas and implement them broad scale without thinking it through causing massive amounts of unrest among employees. They have such great potential, yet will never live up to it unless they get the right people in key roles and stop the bleeding. As they gear up to to public the legalities of the company are top priority so the stress level of everyone has gone through the roof. They say they are transparent, yet even the customers complain they are not since even the statements are vague.
Pros
Crm, tools and resources to do the job
Cons
Unqualified managers who are not supportive or trustworthy
They should be shut down- vermont
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTJanuary 29, 2019
I do not have words for how terrible my experience with Vacasa was. They lie, do not provide a schedule, hire friends and then let them not work, the management is 100% backwards, they kept a "maintenance" guy who intentionally kicked a door in at a property, and the management admitted that they know some employees smoke crack cocaine. They do not provide full time hours, and will ALWAYS find a flaw in your cleaning. With no feedback about how to improve. My manager was guilt tripping me over text, on my personal time. All hours morning or night she text me. All the negative reviews here are 100% true.
Pros
None!
Cons
Favoritism, lying, no schedule
Horrible Management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Warren, VTJanuary 29, 2019
The Stowe/Warren VT management is a joke. They either tell you you are doing a great job keep up the good work, or tell you you need to improve on things but when asked directly what, they twiddle their thumbs and can't give you any answer to what?? The manager schedules employee meetings then doesn't even show up. The lack of communication is ridiculous when you are trying to reach them but if you don't promptly respond to them they complain.

Completing your work to satisfaction is almost impossible because they can never keep the right amount of supplies. So if you like having to sweep carpets because they won't supply vacuums, or scrub a bathroom floor on your hands and knees, or have to wash all your laundry in order to clean a place, or like being expected to deal with electrical/plumbing/ heating, shoveling snow and other MAINTENANCE tasks, this is perfect for you.

No dumpsters so any garbage, which there is always a bunch, is expected to be taken care of by YOU.

This place is just a joke of a company and I strongly advise you look for somewhere with consistency in hours and better management. You will not be appreciated here.
Pros
High pay if they give you any hours
Cons
Just don't, you'll regret it.
Worst acquisition I’ve ever experienced
Local Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 14, 2019
Vacasa came into an industry they have no business being in. They took almost seamless business and turned it completely upside down lying the whole way. And no one listened in HR!
I worked 16-18 hour days to help this to be a seemless transition and Vacasa didn’t care. They had no intention of retaining any customers that were on the rental program before acquiring the company. So many long term employees were affected.
They are all talk!
Pros
A few good people do work for the company
Cons
Pay, no work life balance. No communication.
An incredible waste of time
Vacation Rental Re-setter/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 14, 2019
I have worked for this company twice now. I gave Vacasa a second chance because the current manager said things were different now. Yet again things were the same as before, I got less and less hours than wasn't scheduled at all for two weeks which is not a stable job at all. I was hired for full time but worked less than part time.

It was stressful and I have a feeling nothing is going to change with this company in CA if no one pays attention to the way things are actually ran. It's a favoritism type of company and they never stick to their word.

Do not work for Vacasa in Tahoe, CA!
Pros
Cleaning houses
Cons
Scheduling. MANAGERS!
Independent working enviroment.
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seaside, ORJanuary 12, 2019
Review daily emails on work schedule. Stock up supplies for the scheduled cleans. Everything must be perfect. Working independently was nice. Management was very helpful when needed. Workplace culture was fine.
Pros
Cleaning many Beautiful homes on the Oregon and Washington coasts.
Cons
No medical benefits working with this company.
Horrible Management
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 30, 2018
They pretend they have a very team work attitude. You will find out very fast that it is more like clicks. And if you don’t fit in, no matter how well you do your job you will be gone. Human Resources will not help you and makes decisions to let people go with out investigations. Vacasa is not interested in new ideas. If you have any, keep them to yourself. They refuse to pay mileage. Will have you drive 50 miles one way to take out one garbage can and not give you a dime for it.. They do not consider your time driving from job to job as working. Sometimes I would put 100 miles a day on my vehicle doing Vacasa business and would not get a dime for it. They do give you an apple se phone with one gig data on it and expect you to do a months worth of work with one gig. To put in perspective, downloading one movie takes at least 4 gig. So be prepared to use your own phone and up the data plan you currently have. Depending on your job, they ask you to be on call 24/7 but do not pay for you to be on call. The hourly pay is not bad until you figure in all of the expenses you will have just to be employed there. Management has very little training. Actually the entire time employed I don’t think my manager went to any kind of training. And don’t plan on getting any training yourself. You are put on the job and that’s it. With all of the options available these days for work I recommend trying anywhere else first. And if nothing else is available I would still not accept employment with this company. Don’t just take my word for it. Look at the many many other ratings. And by the way,  more... Vacasa asks managers to go on sites like this and score them very high so that they get better employees. As you can see from their ratings they need all the help they can get. Vacasa has some of the lowest scores out there. Good luck with your search.  less
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Too many to list
Poor Management - Communication is one sided
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 20, 2018
The job is great if you just need a job. However, plan on not being cared about. Management will say they care, but you will see for yourself they care about their jobs and making themselves look good and take all the credit for everyone's hard work. They truly don't care - you'll be inundated with managers personal lives but they truly don't care about yours.

HR will not help, many have contacted HR about upper management and nothing was done about it or changed. Bully style management continued with a lot of brown nosing by one manipulative manager and the rest of team is intentionally separated from upper management, you'll get dirty looks if talking or friendly with those in upper management - just do your work and stay away - all will be well.

Lots of grooming, manipulation and intimidation - you get the picture - you are a grunt and if you are okay with that and being treated as so - you will be happy just stay out of harms way - because if you make a mistake - communication style s yelling, put downs and no efforts to really amend the situation from happening again. It's been amazing to see how oblivious upper management has been to this problem and watching someone mastermind via manipulation - really amazing. No efforts to train or coach - just threats, put downs and be prepared to feel guilty if asking for time off. You will be told not to talk negatively or gossip - while the bully manager runs around talking negatively about everyone, will tell everyone - everyone's business whether it's personal or regarding their performance, who they like or don't
  more... like, if someone is fired you are told to not talk to them - very unprofessional and again a "bully" management style that dislikes performance reviews - will randomly write things in your performance review without being told and never met with.  less
Pros
a "job" until you find a better one
Cons
selfish, bully style management, clicks, no help from HR
Great place, have fun while you work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonDecember 16, 2018
Great place to work if you want to work.
The biggest problem is finding people that actually want to work, if you are slow at cleaning and can't take direction don't work here.
Great appreciation from management for a job well done.
Advancement opportunities.
Pros
Insurance, vacations, great managers
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORDecember 5, 2018
I very much liked my job. Pretty nice places to clean. We had until 4 pm to get the clean done and could have help if needed. Some houses required 2 people to do the clean.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Seasonal
Very easy-going work that you can do your way at your pace as long as you hit your deadline and the cleaning standards
Hand (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 10, 2018
I absolutely love this company! there is always work that needs to be done and the pay is well worth it. Also the LOM's are very fair with your scheduling needs.
Horrible Culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 2, 2018
If you want to work for a company that only hires or promotes those in the "clique" then you've come to the right place. This takes the buddy system to a whole new level!
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Everything else.
Rapidly declining place to work...proceed at your own risk
Mid-Level Employee (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 31, 2018
Vacasa started out as a relatively positive place to work. The staff was mostly distributed, people were hired and promoted within the company as it grew, and while pay was always on the low end, the other perks and flexibility mostly balanced everything out.

Now instead of continuing to promote from within, there has been a shift towards bringing in new upper-level managers, and it's been sliding steadily and quickly downhill ever since.

Most efforts now go towards growth at any cost. All of the new deals and contracts are slammed through at a permanent rush pace which leads to unbelievably sloppy and inaccurate online listings, not to mention rampant employee burn-out. EVERYTHING this company does now is about the CEO's IPO dream and a desire for the highest property count of any vacation rental company.

And when you are overwhelmed with your unreasonable workload, you are told that "change is necessary", that you need to just get everything done, get over it, and basically, if you don't like it, you can leave. That is seriously the attitude at Vacasa. I have never seen a company less concerned with having fulfilled, loyal, and supported-feeling employees.

If you're looking for a first job, Vacasa might be okay for a year or so, but beware thinking that this kind of environment is normal. Trust me, it's not.

And yeah, the CEO definitely asked employees to post positive job reviews on sites like this. In one meeting, he literally said that if we couldn't hire because of bad reviews, everyone would be more overworked in the busy season. I'm also pretty sure
  more... he thought there was nothing ethically wrong with his request.

If you're considering applying for a job here, take warning. If you already work here, I'm sorry for what you're probably dealing with on a daily basis.
Pros
There is flexibility with some positions, they pay basic healthcare 100%, some really nice and capable people work here
Cons
Everything else, but mostly low pay, unrealistic workload, unchecked nepotism, fad surfing passed off as "change management", and lack of ethical/empathetic management
Growing, Innovative Company
Senior Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNOctober 26, 2018
Pretty great place, feels like family even in a company so big.Huge and growing company, plenty of room for opportunities. 10/10 would recommend Vacasa!
Pros
growth, opportunities, compensation
Cons
nothing
Good part time job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 25, 2018
A part-time job with good pay and good work environment. Hours available but you must be able to drive a distance if you aren't living in the city. Cleaning to pristine in a timely manner every clean.
growing too quickly
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 24, 2018
The company is growing too quickly for its own good. They can not expect the employees to keep up with the workload they are putting on them. They need to hire more agents and keep their word on job titles and responsibilities.
Pros
great benefits, fair compensation
Cons
too much work, too little employees
Horrible management, hours given to family favortism all over the board
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  McHenry, MDOctober 23, 2018
I have never worked for a company that was so unorganized and unprofessional. My lom was absolutely horrible. Hours were given until you speak up about issues than he gives them to others to punish you. Would not recommend this job to anyone in Garrett county! You can speak to any employee and they will all tell you exactly how he is!
Pros
Decent pay, cell phone
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Vacasa.

Powered by Comparably