Vacasa
53Below average

Vacasa Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Housekeeper121 reviews
United States121 reviews
A lot of people came together to make this company great. It was too bad that the "bigwigs" forgot who was actually out "in the field" doing a the manual labor.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedule
Cons
Docked pay by $3 if had 2nd job(even if no conflict in schedule)
I experienced racism from my manager and she did not give me the supplies I need to fulfill my job, I was forced to buy supplies and was reimbursed. I was put in many unfair circumstances and manager made cruel racist jokes towards me.
Pros
Independent work.
Cons
Management, pay, disrespect and will have to buy your own supplies from time to time.
Vacasa is not a tech company. They are a vacation rental management company that runs housekeepers into an early grave. During the current pandemic they are lying to customers promising special covid deep cleans but refusing to give housekeepers ample time to do any cleaning at all. Oh well, as long as vacasa corporate is making big money it’s labor force and guests can get sick and die for all they care.
Pros
Cons
The company is a total con
With this company you can not rely on anything. If you are bottom of the barrel employee you get treated like the bottom of the barrel. I was excited for the job coming in after being told about being promoted rapidly due to experience but then no one wants to let me excel. The scheduling is a joke honestly. And if you ever need a question answered you are better off not asking Vacasa cause 99% of their responses are sarcastic or robot like. I thought this could turn into a career but I’m changing that opinion already
Working for Vacasa is terrible. Upper management makes you do there work on top of your own. I was not only doing my job but would have to do maintenance jobs also. I was made to go into a home were people wouldn't leave with the covid going on and I didn't feel safe but my manager said do it. It's all about the money with this company the don't care about there eememployee's.,owners o
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
You cannot trust your supervisors, they mock you for needing to call in sick (I have screenshots of my experience after not calling in sick before). They mock you behind your back. They will talk badly about coworkers behind their backs. The GM cannot keep a promise. Will work you to death and be mad when you die. They promised us $19 an hour and then after a few weeks told us it was only a temporary increase. Will not pay you mileage, they pay you “drive time” which will not amount to anything unless you are driving for 30 minutes or more. You will not get holidays off. You will not even be allowed to request holidays off. Overall leaves you feeling very used. The supervisor will use your schedule against you if you have upset him. He will overwork you if he does not agree with something you’ve done.
Pros
Cons
The entire job is a con
You will be hear how important you are to the company and then you will be overworked, run the tires off of your car and be treated like a grunt. You will never advance unless you want a management job that in reality is 24/7. Most LOM's (local operations managers) SOB themselves to sleep for the little pay they get for the abuse they take.
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
Starting pay is all you get, NO gas reimbursement for running all over 2 counties
I mean all you really have to be as a person to work here is, be independent, have your own car and room to put supplies in it, And just put on some good music on then clean efficiently. Also don’t forget anything always grab extra pillow cases and other linens and soaps. My manager is awesome and understanding, in pacific beach. Just be on time and ready to clean and make a house presentable before 4’clock.
Pros
Chill, independent, fun, easy, active, cool houses.
Very bad company to work for the management is not very good and your not aloud to take time off! They make you clean with dirty rags that haven’t been washed and is a horrible company to work for!
Pros
Cons
Everything at the company needs to be changed
Great place to work. Team members are amazing, everyone works well together. Management actually makes you feel like you are more than an employee. I've loved my job since day 1.
I enjoyed working at vacasa for the first year and a half then new L O Ms took over and scheduling went downhill and hours and cleans were not even throughout the employees.
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
New loms were not very good at there jobs.
Working with them was a waist of time. Very limited work and if they didn’t have much they would have me doing laundry, complicated getting to units. No tips and jusT very ran down looking units. If you’re use to working at nice hotels or resort, run fast.
I learned a lot about myself strength working independently setting up Seasonal Rental Homes on a routine daily basis
VaCasa used Iphone to communicate with me . I was provided with the location along with entry access codes and the the number of guess that are leaving to clean up after and with the number of guess to prepare for all withing proper time frame to allow for new guess to arrive
The vision that Vacasa has is quite awesome however Management is terrible the management and LOM’s have no problem spreading your business across town there’s no room for advancement if the manager is in a bad mood well she’ll take it out on anybody and anyone she feels like if she does something wrong/messes up she’ll definitely turn attention to somebody and make them look like they messed up not her she’ll never admit when she’s wrong she will never be a good manager she shouldn’t even have this job
I used to live this job, management and company went downhill a couple years ago. No room for advancement, no raises, no appreciation. The company has gone corporate and now cuts many corners.
You have to have an open schedule. No time for family or to do anything. Work on Christmas, Thanksgiving and all major holidays. You never get to 40 hours. Management is not a team they are only a team of their own. You run the wheels off your vehicle, You basically don't have a trunk anymore because it is filled with their stuff. Time off is not accepted at all. I have a funeral to Attend out of state and My supervisor denied my time off request. It basically sucks working for vacasa.
Aweful place to work for. Management plays favoritism, retaliates when issues about their employee mistreatment is brought up to Human Resources. Corperate does nothing to fix issues regarding employee harassment and abuse. managers talk and call employees hateful names and start drama. work is unappriciated . worked there for a few years and had to quit and take a pay cut , and despite having to take a pay cut it was the best decision of my life.
I wouldn’t recommended my worst enemy to work for Vacasa. Horrible, horrible place. I won’t even go into detail the experience was so horrifying which led to complaints with the Department of Labor. Never again.
The starting pay is good, and I never had a shortage of hours during the summer season, but the workload is heavy
I spent most days working 10 to 12 hour days cleaning and never felt I had any support from managment. I spent 3 years as a top rated cleaner for them yet never recieved any opportunity for advancement. In the winter your lucky to get 2-5 hours per week.
If communication is important to you, you will be disappointed working for Vacasa. I have seen people who had been working there for five years have someone walk to them and tell your done. They were shocked and didn't receive a real answer for why. They do pay well and for the most part your manager is helpful at times. They are flexible with your work hours and can work with you if you have a medical condition that is acting up all of a sudden. They don't discriminate. You aren't informed when someone is unhappy unless it is a one star clean and they received several complaints. Everything you do affects you star rating. If you take to long to clean a house/unit you are doct and your score goes down, your clean rating affects it, if you have a call back, or even if the wrong person gets blamed you still get it. Not recommended.
Not all managers or employees working at Vacasa feel left out, overwhelmed, under-appreciated or overworked as some reviews here claim. I suppose it depends on which location you work, who your boss is and what your job expectations are.

In Tennessee, our managers are top-notch! They go out of their way to recognize our contribution and listen to our needs. Housekeepers are fully trained, given the tools and encouragement, they need to perform their jobs, and are highly valued and appreciated members of the team. The keyword here is "team". Yes, you are on one and everybody has their part in making the team successful. Dedication, hard work, showing up on time and doing a quality job will go along ways for all concerned. Our managers work alongside their teams and are willing to do what it takes to keep our homes in tip-top shape. We see them pitch in and "clean" just like the other employees. We feel welcomed and appreciated!

So, if you are considering a job with Vacasa in housekeeping, maintenance or another department, APPLY, INTERVIEW, AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Housekeeper
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more