Vacasa

Vacasa Employee Reviews for Locality Manager

Locality Manager13 reviews
United States13 reviews
Vacasa outlines a set of core values that serve to empower most any audience. Please be aware that the utopia depicted in the employee handbook & through media only applies to central office employees (Boise/Portland desk jobs). Field operations, specifically “LOMs”, are not only held to a different standard but a dangerous culture is imposed. I was verbally & physically assaulted by a direct report repeatedly (I documented everything). My supervisor lied as to the corrective action plan & HR defended the violent insubordinate behavior. Upon mention of securing the facility I managed & our supplies by means of a surveillance monitor (by which I was willing to absorb the cost of), I was terminated. I went almost 3 months without a day off & endured daily abuse by a drunken direct report in addition to 100% accountability for pre-existing efficiency deficits to meet an employment end in direct violation of federal ADA & Vacasa’s own written policy. Beware
Manager is rude. Coworkers are unfriendly and back stabbing. No team work. And very little communication. No time for a family life. On call 24/7. Owners where great and I enjoyed taking care of their properties.
I managed a region in which we assumed ourselves with a 4 Housekeepers and eventually 1 Maintenance Technician. Prior management failed in the region causing turmoil among Owner and Region relation. I was lucky to be asked to try being a Property Caretaker as my first role/position after a grueling 4 month hiring process. Within less than two weeks in this position, I was promoted to Local Operations Manager. I was told this position could take 6 months to 1 year to figure out, and to be able to be able to perform comfortably without having to ask for help along the way.
I was hired as an LOM in February during prime snow seasons to the beginning of March; county code enforcement complaints and snow removal were high priority at this time leaving little time for the in between turnarounds or other high priority tasks. As a manager hired into the middle of a season while snow removal vendors were scant, I was shoveling snow a majority of my time as my team somewhat refused to do it unless they were receiving more than hourly pay. This made it tricky to prioritize tasks and prep for further season.

Summer progressed and our team stood stronger; a Lead Housekeeper took medical leave and I was told by my Regional Director I could assume both positions with no trouble for the next 14 weeks. Since beginning work at Vacasa in January 2019, time with my family especially including my newborn that I perform this job for, has been scarce, days off have not existed. I was told by my General Manager, because I am salary I am required to take phone calls and help on my cross
 - more...
Pros
Coworkers I worked directly with everyday., Salary, Health Coverage, Owners buy you lots of cool stuff cause they appreciate you. Owner gave me a Costco card in my name.
Cons
Hierarchy, Management, Learning Systems, Home Owner Support, Accountability, Regional Directors
I had 8 different managers over me in my time at Vacasa. Company growing pains was hard to deal with. Had good staff that worked with me. You had to have phone with you 24/7 as an LOM. Not good.
Pros
The staff that worked with me
Cons
24/7 with phone owners calling you at all times of day and night
just never have a day off, to much pressure from homeowner for things I have no control over. Company does not give support or much training before you have to do it on your own.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Vacasa came into an industry they have no business being in. They took almost seamless business and turned it completely upside down lying the whole way. And no one listened in HR!
I worked 16-18 hour days to help this to be a seemless transition and Vacasa didn’t care. They had no intention of retaining any customers that were on the rental program before acquiring the company. So many long term employees were affected.

They are all talk!
Pros
A few good people do work for the company
Cons
Pay, no work life balance. No communication.
The higher ups do not respect the local managers. The local managers and their bosses do understand the challenges at the local level. During "peak" season you work you tail off. I needed more help and was challenged with wanting that. Like work balance is NOT there during the "peak" season!
Pros
pay was good
Cons
not enough help at the local level
The expectations are unrealistic. For all (employees, owners, and guest). The majority of the properties I’m in charge of, are 110 miles away. Yet Vacasa boost of “24 hour Service”.
In just 3months I’ve driven my Truck over 3000 miles for this company. And for what they are asking for, the pay isn’t even close!!

If the property you manage is close to you, then it could be a great job for someone young (with no other responsibility). But that’s the only ones who would be a fit for this job. (Someone who has nothing to do but run for the company. A LOT OF RUNNING!!!).
Pros
Work from home (about 35% of the time).
Cons
If you’re salary, expect to be on call 24hours a day.
I have enjoyed working for Vacasa, with the goal of advancement in sight. However, I have been working 60-80 hours every week, with little support from upper management. It has been shown that unless you are directly related to the current upper management, there is no opportunity for growth in the company. That I will be continually expected to perform above and beyond 24/7 with the exact same compensation plan as someone who has half the properties and does not share in the team duties. I have reached out continually to have the issues fallen on deaf ears. Only to have to continue to take the constant guest and owner complaints, and to have no days off. Even when on PTO the phone won't quit ringing and I'm expected to answer and respond within 15 minutes.
Pros
I enjoyed the actual job
Cons
No work/life balance and complete lack of follow through from upper management.
A difficult place to work, no local support. Not current with the San Diego market and vacation rentals. I was on call 24/7 and would not recommend this company.
Work hard, do more than you're asked and you will have a future with Vacasa. Management has been very helpful with different situations that I have encountered.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
On call most of the time, but it hasn't been too demanding
The typical day of work in this position is 24/7/365 with little or no support. The company will promise support and training, but that training method is information posted on a 'learning center' and most did not apply to my region.

The pay is good, but you have to be prepared to sacrifice a GREAT DEAL of you family time and life in general to be successful.
Cons
Lack of management support.
Vacasa is a growing west coast vacation rental company that is quickly expanding across the country and I have been lucky enough to get on board on the ground floor in Florida. They have a vision and a plan and are working that plan with great success. We are securing properties in Texas, Florida, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine and are also booking in Panama, Honduras and other countries in South America. Our footprint will be across the pond before the end of the year I'm sure. I'm very excited to have joined this team on the ground floor here in Florida.
Pros
Excellent wages. Excellent benefits. Great work culture. Excellent corporate vision.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Career recommendations for Locality Manager
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Locality Manager in US