Vacation Myrtle Beach Employee Reviews

Anywhere but VMB
Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 22, 2019
It used to be a great company to work for years ago. Now it's a circus. The founders of this company are rolling over in their graves watching their kids destroy what they worked so hard to build. It's a shame. They need to spend less time on Tony Robbins videos and more time paying attention to what their guests and employees are saying. The best thing that could happen is that someone buys the company and immediately fires every salaried manager and start from scratch.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Terrible management to the point of bordering blatant criminal behavior
Reservation Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 6, 2019
Absolute terrible place to work, and hands down some of the worst managers I've ever seen.This is an extremely toxic work environment, and honestly the pay isn't even worth it when you compare it to anywhere else in Myrtle Beach.

Don't bother wasting your time here, it's a joke - there's a reason their turn-over rate is as high as it is, which is horrendous. If you're not one of the many people who take one look at the inside of the place and decide they'd rather literally do anything else, it's very likely you'll get fired for something very little.

It's also actually a gross environment (bugs crawling everywhere, dead bugs and even lizards in the light fixtures, people are always bringing dogs into the office where people actively joke about the fact that several of those dogs have urinated directly on the carpets.

People are always coming to work sick, because they feel they have to, because even though you can call out you're also likely to get written up, or even fired, for doing so - going back to the joke worthy management (who doesn't even try to consistently approach the issues of cleanliness and basic hygiene in the office.)

On the bright side my immune system is probably much better for enduring that place for as long as I did - it's good to enjoy a challenge every now and then.

The most enjoyable part of the job, easily, everyday, was getting off. The job wasn't hard in the least, it's the lady (the financial director whose office is on the call-floor) in charge, and the environment she fosters. Maybe the coaches, they're pretty laughable in their
  more... attempts at doing anything worthwhile.

I learned several things while working here, I learned that 14 of the largest resorts up and down the Grand Strand are handled by complete incompetence when it comes to who is in charge of their reservation department, and for a company that brings in as much tourist dollars as they do - it's honestly really sad. They can easily do better than what they're putting out.

Only reason I gave them 1 star is because giving them 0 stars wasn't an option, they deserve to be shut down, and their financial director needs to be investigated for probably criminal activity.

Will be watching this company going into the future eagerly awaiting the day I get to see their doors shuttered for the good of the public.

10/10 stars if you're looking to kill some time, it's a circus in there, 0/5, 0/10, 0/1000 stars if you're actually looking for a place of meaningful and enjoyable employment. There's so many other places you could work in the area.
Terrible Managers
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 4, 2019
They kept people in the same place too long. Nepotism is throughout the whole company. at vmb you dont actually have to do a good job, you just have to talk about how good you do to get ahead.
Dont do it
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  SeawatchDecember 19, 2018
If you like a company that has favorites that cant do their job properly and management that will go above and beyond to demote or fire good workers, then go for it. People dont stay with the company the only ones you will find there are the comfortable people that dont need to work hard and never have. There are a few good people but they get drowned out by the filth that the company keeps.
stressful
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 15, 2018
good place for advancement but very high turn over rate. Very sressful and hard company to work for. Some goals set for management team are very unrealistic.
Don’t bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 29, 2018
The management of Crown Reef resort (AGM and GM) are clueless and out of touch about how to delegate and run several different departments that is a part of their positions.

Instead, they promote on nepotism, create positions that overlap other positions/responsibilities, and do not prepare and communicate enough ahead (or at all) with the responsible staff which creates drama and chaos with staff and guests.

Save your tine and some drama unless you’re looking for a quick summer job.
Cons
fun, always something new, and multitasking necessary
Group Sales Coordinator for 14 Oceanfront Resorts (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 19, 2018
I absolutely love my job, my coworkers and thee fast paced atmosphere. They try to work with various staff positions for any accommodations they might need. Departments do work with each other to accomplish the best gust experience possible.
Pros
Excellent and fair Boss
Cons
low pay and benefits
Its a job
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 12, 2018
If you are looking for a job that is going to be just that and have no desire to move up and want to sit there and make reservations it is perfect for you.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
upper management very "friend" oriented
Not bad for the time being
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 6, 2017
As a company that offers insurance it is not the worst place you could work but the constant shuffling of employees to different properties makes the chain of command as well as possibilities for promotions confusing.
Pros
full time benefits and nice coworkers
Cons
hard to receive advancement
It all depends on which property you work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 12, 2017
You can definitely climb the ladder at any property, if you know the right people! The pay depends on the position per property. Some pay to keep good help while others (Landmark) won't spend a nickel on good staff. I know someone there who has worked and had blackouts and heart issues and has asked for help over the years to get lied to and empty promises. But yet still works 70 plus hours a week. Good people are treated poorly over all there. Lowest paying property with NO INCENTIVES!
Pros
PTO/Holiday for full time
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff or support from GM
The company is OK! But it could be a lot better.
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 15, 2017
This company has been through so many managers and should really do a reality check of upper management. While there are a lot of awesome workers in this company they are often put down, overlooked, and treated poorly.
Pros
Great family bond with coworkers within the resort.
Cons
Upper management (corporate level) needs to evaluate processes and way they treat employees
Just dont!
Agent (Former Employee) –  SCJune 22, 2017
each day they tell you where to sit and 1 manager spends most of her day day smoking on the back porch on a laptop.
There is no culture and if you want to work 40 hours a week they just schedule for 40 and then cut your hours to like 15 hours..
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Managers and supervisors tell you different things and are on break all day
Just another sweat shop call center
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 16, 2017
40 people were hired to start when I did. When I left 60 days later, there may have been a dozen left. They constantly tell you what a great job you're doing, then surprise you one day by letting you go. Training classes in this place are constant as turnover is so high. You might make it, but I wouldn't recommend getting comfortable here.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No job security
Great Company to learn from
Assistant Food & Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 29, 2015
The hardest part of my job is we have no company wide training because I live in a transient town so the turnover is very significant. The best part is the company provides a great learning experience and offers wonderful opportunities for growth.
Pros
Living at the beach
Cons
No training
Great casual fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 23, 2014
Work with great laid back people. Casual dress environment. Very busy days and at times you have to deal with difficult people on the phone, but they provide great training. I learned many new skills.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service/Reservations (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach SCJuly 19, 2013
One of if not the best call centers I have ever worked in. The supervisors are very attentive and I get smiles right up the ladder. The work is tedious but the team makes up for it.
Good Pay
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 13, 2013
The only good thing about working in the reservations dep. in Myrtle beach they lie to you about the bounses saying you can earn up to 700 dollars when really you only get .1% at the end of the month if only you meet the converson rate and email rate and call scoring rate which only ends up from 90,000.00 to being a bonus of 90 dollars. We don't get high fives nor do we get prizes. Our manger won't talk to us we have to email her then she only replys when she wants to.
Pros
10 a hour paid weekly
Cons
no bonuses as promised lie like dogs