Vacation Tour & Travel Employee Reviews

Encouraging Workplace
TSR (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 22, 2018
Yes, it is stressful. The only stressful part is dealing with rude customers. THATS WITH ANY JOB THOUGH. BUT never in my life have I worked in an environment where they celebrate your accomplishments and sit down with you to reassure you that if you're having a bad day it's going to be okay. They coach you to better yourself.
It is a very fun work environment. We work, we dance, we cheer, we play games. It's over all great.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Rude xustomers
They don't care about you
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 4, 2017
This place will get rid of you at the slitghest hint of not performing to standards. It's a hard job and some people can do it but I would NOT recommend this job to anyone.
Of course the customers are as rude as they come. In your interview they'll tell you that the customers "signed up" for you to call them but they actually didn't.
Management thinks that if you follow the script you'll alwayse get a sale. I had this mother tell me her daughter died recently so I let her hang up. Well I sure did get written up for it.
Constantly checking stats throughout workshift. If your stats are bad you're getting sent home on the spot.
Cons
It was a very relaxing workplace.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 11, 2017
Typical day at work for me. Was Always an adventure. I learn to communicate in rebuttal more than anything. Miss Cindy was my supervisor in, she made everything very simple and easy. the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who have attitudes because they say that They have told someone to put them on the do not call list. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people in the positive energy.
Pros
We could take a break whenever. Many as we want.
Cons
No cell phones on the floor.
I loved it
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 17, 2017
This is not the place for everyone but if you can handle sitting on the phone and getting hung up on then its not bad. We would play games, listen to music, dance, and have a great time. I loved working here.
An amazing and fun place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 11, 2017
Vacation Tour and Travel is so much fun to work at! Everyday is an adventure and the management quickly became family to me. Highly recommend this work place to anyone who is very energetic and positive! They make everything so fun and rewarding for all. Games are played daily to keep motivation high! This company has my heart. I love each and everyone I work with so much.
This company is now located in Arkansas
Telephone Sales Representative/verifier (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 31, 2017
I loved working there. It was hard work. Selling vacation packages to different vacation spots to promote time share. Telemarketing is a stressful job and takes a tough personality to handle.
Pros
Bonus cash for sales
Cons
Some people are not nice to telemarketers
Fun workplace - but unrealistic sales quotas
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 13, 2017
When a customer Google VT&T the responses are, for the most part, all negative. Hard to overcome this type of negatitivety!! This being a "time share" vacation makes it almost impossible to even keep the customer on the phone long enough to explain the package.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Sales goals that are not controlable.
They will cut you loose in a heartbeat
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 15, 2016
Your 'career' consists of three days training, one week of no quotas... THEN you'd better make your quota the third week on or you're on probation. Miss your quota again, you're out the door. Just look at how often they advertise for call center reps.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
'Churn 'em and burn 'em' mentality regarxing employees.
Cool place
Tsr Agent (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 24, 2016
requires a great deal of patience but if applied strategy will work short hours make easy work day but goals make work harder
Good People
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 28, 2016
Vacation Tour and Travel has always been home to me. I hate to leave but unfortunately I don't have much of a choice. It is always a place I will look at as "home" when it comes to work. The people here are great and the management has always been the best.
Pros
Good management and good people
Cons
No room for advancement from payroll
Fun Work place
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 25, 2015
its real fun place to work, people are really nice to work with manager are wonderful. i would recommened more people work there, they would like it there.
Fun Work place
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 9, 2015
I liked working there even thought it was kind of hard to make sales. they make it exciting when people make sales..the manager are great its a fun experience to try.
Morally corrupt business
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 15, 2015
This place boarders on fraud. As a former employee I found myself questioning if my job and my morals aligned even the slightest bit and the answer was no every time. My job was basically to call and harass people on their personal phones, many of whom had requested several times previously to be placed on the do not call list, and attempt to convince them to purchase a "discounted" getaway. The reason it is so cheap is because they are staying in the worst hotel in their chosen destination. And when their package expires, it doesn't take them off the call list. They will still be called and harassed for a travel date until the end of time. Even if the customer says no multiple times. They even tell you in training that "Buyers are liars". The sole purpose of this company is to catch people off guard, make the deal sound perfect, get their credit card info, and then let reality smack the customer in the face. A tip to anyone who gets a call from this company or any like it: if it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Pros
Wicked sweet break room.
Cons
Absolutely ZERO job security.
Management steals your sales/money
travel coordinator (Former Employee) –  conway, arOctober 27, 2014
Seems great at first but then you learn managers are getting on your phones to "close" sales but they steal them and head management lets them do so after everyone else leaves. They write you up for things you don't do (I made them let me listen a couple times and in fact I didn't do what they said) so they were forced to give me my commission. If your just looking for a quick easy paycheck and short term career; this is the place though.
Full of happy people
TSR (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 2, 2014
Always a smiling face, every morning there is a pre shift pep talk and toward the end of shift it will be power hour all to keep you loose and ready to make sales.
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 27, 2013
I learned great customer service, people around me was friendly, the hardest part was to sale and keep people on the phone, its a upbeat enivronment
Pros
Living environmental
Cons
short breaks for people that smoke
A typical day at This JOB!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 26, 2013
You get to work clock in then go sit at your desk, put your head piece on and get your attitude just where you need it to be competive and then you get to calling and using your best sales pitch to try and get customers to buy of deal of the day or package.
Pros
an hr. lucnh break, the hours, and the pay of commision.
Cons
no health insurance and rude clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacation Tour & Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

Vacation Tour & Travel Reviews by Location