Vacation Village at Parkway Employee Reviews

Fun and productive
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 28, 2018
A typical day in vacation village was clock in at 4pm count inventory in a good atmosphere work place do inventory reports and clock out at 1am the management was very helpful whit the employees and they always help us to reach our goals.
Pros
good pay, they are so organize and flexibility in the hours
Secured positions
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34747August 22, 2018
Upper management was very kind and understanding to personal matters. Was flexible with tardiness, absences, family emergencies, etc. The work environment was fun and lenient but when you have a very lenient space it makes it difficult to discipline the staff. The argumentative and disrespectful employees were not disciplined fairly and thus created a running joke within the company that any position was a secured one as there are no real consequences to your actions even against management. You do move up in the company and upper management continuously tried to showcase their gratitude to the staff by having pot locks, free lunches and holiday bonuses. Overall nice place to work if you can keep to yourself or deal with personalities that aren't so pleasant.
Pros
Empathetic management, promotions, secured positions
Cons
Lack of discipline, no structure, disrespectful employees
Good job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 2, 2018
I loved it because of the work experience, it helped me become stronger in my work Erich areas, also taught me how to work with people and alone and allowed to me to learn things.
Work Experience
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work would be slow paced not a lot of people showed up to the activities center. I learned how to interact with everyone. I got engaged with everyone.
Pros
play with guests
Cons
no team work unorganized
Manager of Maintenance / Front Desk Agent
Manager of Maintenance / Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 12, 2014
A typical day can consist of several things, anywhere from assigning maintenance issues to the maintenance technicians to checking in guest, or helping a guest with any and all issues. all while keeping close contact with the housekeeping department to keep on top of rooms that are ready or need to be attended to.
Pros
Great place to work for, great people to work with
Cons
Need a full time position with benefits.
This place is a joke. Management will abuse you till you resign:(
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 25, 2013
I worked for this company for 3 1/2 years and the only things i have to show for it was a very bad case of bed bugs, Horrible Management witch will fill your head with B/S. For Example Growth/Promotions in Company is the biggest with them you will be left with more work for the same lame as $9.00 Per hour. They expecting Blood & Sweat from you so that management gets the perks and bonuses. If that is what you Consider a Future apply I wish you well.
Pros
Cons
They Suck I DO NOT REGRET RESIGNING :)
Fun place to work, productive and busy
Child Care Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 31, 2012
Help the the Timeshare representatives get started, get my girls and room ready to receive children.
I have learned how to manage a group of girls and I learned how to be an aggressive seller.
Management was pretty good.
There really was nothing hard about the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be playing with the children and interacting with them.
Pros
working with children, great environment and great co-workers
Cons
no cons
Productive,Face paced and fun work place
FRONT DESK NIGHT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 8, 2012
very team orientated, i enjoy coming in and meeting the different types of people that check in from all over the world, and i enjoy the everyday challenges my position brings. and i enjoy going above and beyond my duties as a manager and i also enjoy helping my team go above and beyond also.
Pros
management, staff, hotel discounts.
Cons
healthcare