Vacation Village Resorts Culture reviews

Competitive work environment!
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2018
Great company to work for if you're looking for weekly pay check.
Must meet weekly quota or get terminated.
At Will employee
No flexibility
Favoritism and somewhat "Clickish."
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Stressful and Competitive
Constant growth, change, and upward momentum
Administration (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeAugust 31, 2018
This is the best job in the world!

This is an employee owned company, and the employees are driven to be both successful and profitable. There is a spirit of dedication and pride unlike anywhere else. It is a pleasure to work in an environment where you learn a lot from others and which is very supportive. Senior management really takes the time to teach the company culture.

Working for here has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better.

In short, this job has changed my life in ways I could have never imagined.
fun [lace to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 6, 2018
i really enjoyed working for this company. everyday i was challenged and tought something new. also the staff and managers where very helpfull and nice
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 28, 2017
An amazing sales team that has the privilege so help you in all your travel NY weather amazing staff that'll help you get the most amazing dream vacations in the most outstanding Resorts all around the world
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive and fun work environment with rewarding games at the end of the shift if you met required sales for that day.
Call Center Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 7, 2017
Overall great and fun environment. The atmosphere was busy but yet calm. Enjoyed being on the phone with people having many personalities. Loved setting people up for the perfect vacations.
Time share
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
it was a time share so it was very competitive and I never knew how long I was going to be there for the day. You had to stay until the sales pitch was finished, and I couldn't handle that.
Vacation Village
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 1, 2017
Great atmosphere! Reaching out to referrals from owners who own time shares and inviting them to enjoy a complimentary stay! Fun environment! Enjoy the competitive nature! Manager Kevin is awesome and very rewarding if you keep your numbers high!
Pros
Part time hours full time pay, weekly pay
Cons
Short break, Tedious
Great place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 24, 2017
Great place to work, people and experience were amazing! Being able to help families be able to spend quality time together was very rewarding. I would recommend this for anybody! The staff is fun to work with, and the food is delicious.
Pros
Amazing experience with Staff!
Cons
Loved it!
Fun workplace
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2016
Real estate is a fun, competitive and fascinating industry that encompasses professionals in many subsectors, including residential and commercial real estate agents, brokers, mortgage brokers, property managers and independent investors. Many of these careers are held by independent businesspeople who have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to build a career and life on their own terms. However they also recognize that in order to succeed, they need the very best training and education to serve as a foundation on which to build their dreams.
Grandview Vegas sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVJuly 15, 2016
The culture is toxic, backstabbing, rude, wrong, corrupt. The managers are low, and will give a new meaning to a surprise awakening , just like cat and dog.. Don't go there. Greedy Mercedies , BMV driven by a class of people who have the scruples of a thief.
Pros
Cons
Bad people
Tedious Work Environment
Front Desk Clerk/PBX Agent (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 26, 2016
A job that has no opportunity for advancement, a work culture that is toxic, and finally a management team that visibly shows favoritism toward certain employees.
Pros
Discounts at company owned resorts
Cons
No consistent schedule
its alright
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 29, 2016
the managment here do not know what they are doing, always second guessing their own decisions and never communicating with eachother
Pros
great co workers
Cons
short breaks
productive
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 14, 2016
At this job I have learned a lot of patience. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. The hardest part of this job is sometimes the customers and selling .
Pros
pay grade
Cons
No set work hours, weekend shifts
Productive environment
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLOctober 11, 2015
Fast paced, on phones all day.
Learned to be a better listener.
Minimal contact.
Great team players.
Hardest part of my job, is to let a client know when there is no resolution for their problem.
Most enjoyable part of my job, my co-workers are very pleasant and helpful, always willing to help.
Cons
Short breaks.
Not your typical job
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 5, 2015
My first reaction working at Vacation Village was pretty well. Everything seemed nice, I was able to assist all guests appropriately. However there is always an issue every day you work. These issues aren't normal issues you would run into. You will always have that one unsatisfied guest that is unhappy with the accommodations, and not even the greatest Customer Service Representative or Manager would be able to alleviate that problem, and this is why:

Work Schedules: Work Schedules are pretty much the worst system I have ever seen. There is no balance. Don't even bother writing what days you prefer to work and not, as they will schedule you for the days you asked not to work. Even if you were to ask for Sundays off for religious purposes, you will still be called into work. That being said, you will never have a life outside of Vacation Village. The worst part about all of it is that your schedule will be changed more than you've ever seen. I've had to work 4pm-12 midnight, and since the auditing manager didn't show up, I'd have to work the midnight, only to come back in at 12 noon. There is never enough proper coverage, and you will always be fatigued by lack of sleep and respect for schedule. If you're looking for a set schedule, this job is not for you.

Compensation/Benefits: In reference to compensation, there really isn't much. You work extra hours as an agent, you get overtime. You work extra hours as a manager or supervisor, and you get absolutely nothing.That being said, Managers and Supervisors will be Salary but they don't even pay nearly the appropriate amount
  more... of on average in the state of South Florida. Benefits are applicable only if you want them, however prepare to pay a pretty penny.

Job Security/Advancement: Here's the cool thing about this job. You'll never get fired. You can show up late 18 times, just get talked to, maybe a write up, but they'll never fire you. Front Desk Agents are promoted to Supervisors if they are deemed fit, however that being said, they don't last for long because they end up getting over worked and find a job elsewhere. You can always advance, however don't expect to be a Front Office Manager or higher unless you've been with the company for over 10 years.

Management: Management is pretty lackluster. Supervisors are basically just glorified babysitters with a pretty title. They cannot make official decisions without being ridiculed by Upper Management. Even though Upper Management wants Supervisors to make decisions, after the decision has been made, you will have a long written email or a verbal counseling on why that Supervisor made a poor choice. Front Desk Managers are the same as Supervisors, but they get a prettier title than the others. They have maybe one or two additional tasks, and that is all. Human Resources Management cannot manage well and gives haughty looks and believes too much gossip. If they hear one thing, they will take only that side of the story and thrash about.

Job Culture: The job has good goals and motives, but fails to execute in providing accommodations. Some rooms inside the Resort still have TV's from the 1980's. Rooms are always being overbooked and guests are always being downgraded---on purpose. Management seems this is a terrific idea to keep the revenue coming in, so they overbook rooms and try to calculate no shows as if they're psychic. Goes to show that their readings are amazing, in February 2014, we were overbooked by over 100 rooms on Super Bowl Sunday. We as managers being concerned, we asked Upper Management what should we do if we were to run out of rooms. Their reply was: "Oh don't worry. We've never had to walk any of our guests for over 8 years." Guess what we did that night. We walked well over 50 guests. So much for psychic readings. The worst part about this is that we managers are forced to lie to cover for the company's failure to execute professional hospitality and lodging accommodations by lying to guests' faces and telling them that a 'pipe had burst in one of the buildings and we ran out of rooms'. When in reality, the company just overbooked the rooms like crazy for more revenue.

The job was fun before things started getting worse over time. The co-workers are nice, and everyone seems like a nice person, however everyone is always on the same page at the end of the day asking the same question: "How does this place screw up so much?"
Pros
Job Advancements, Plenty of Hours
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Execution, Poor Pay.
CUSTOMER SRVC REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day at work was always fun, i learned how to sale things, The management was alright, my co-workers brought personal life issues into work a lot of the times,hardest part of the job was trying to get people to buy timeshare, easiest part of the job was talking to people.
Pros
5 days of work
Cons
Short breaks
ICP / PART TIME Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  virginiaOctober 17, 2013
Making pizza as a cook, learned team work and to satisfy customers