Vaco Employee Reviews

I worked as an account manager and recruiter for Vaco.
SENIOR RECRUITER/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2018
Vaco has a very laid back work environment. The culture is very friendly and competitive. I learned how to recruit for accounting, HR, finance, and administrative positions which was my favorite part of the job.
Great people make for a great working experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 17, 2018
I worked as a consultant for about five months. My first contract was a local site, but once it was completed, I was invited to continue with the company on similar contracts elsewhere. Every weekend, I would fly to the job site, or drive if it was close enough. I hadn't gotten to travel much before working for Vaco, so I was happy to visit areas of the country that I had not seen before. Reimbursement for travel and parking fees was fast and accurate. Pay was similarly correct and punctual. My coworkers were generally easygoing and seemed to enjoy their work.
Supervisors worked right alongside the regular employees, and recognized workers that performed well. I very much enjoyed my time working there, and consider it my favorite job out of those I've held.
Pros
Travel if you enjoy it, great supervisors and coworkers, enjoyable work
Cons
Medical benefits are minimal, travel if you dislike flying
Great place to work for
Senior Accountant/Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
The greatest personal and fast paste agents, I always recommend to my friends and coworkers.
Was looking for a place that works for me and and fine jobs fast and good names.
Pros
Great Agents
Cons
Different industries
Fun place to work
Resource Talent Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
Vaco is a great company with an awesome work culture. However, there was no real structure and new management for my team was not the right fit which made work stressful.
They could do better
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2018
Not an ideal place to work, unless you're just starting out... Then, maybe it's for you, if you like contracts. They rush you through the entire process because they're SO concerned about numbers, money, and figures, but they don't care.
Pros
Na
Work culture
SYSTEMS ANALYST, BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 7, 2018
I worked for client ALLY bank which was outstanding in all areas. My employer was VACO which I had no interaction with until 3 months prior to my contract ending. (VACO was in Detroit and I was in Dayton so did not have chance to have much involvement due to distance between locations.)
Pros
Great client
Cons
did not get to interact much with VACO team, just client team
I like the temp agency
AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 30, 2018
The company I worked for Capital One was not a great company to work for my training was two days and the work environment was highly stressed and the material you are given to follow as guidelines are missing pieces and its like being stranded on an island with no map or water.
Pros
Nice building, cafes, parking garage
Cons
not enough training, too many computer hiccups, poor management
Vaco is a professional and dynamic company that cares about its consultants.
Senior Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Vaco is a professional and dynamic company that cares about its consultants.

Recruiters concerned about employees and pro-active finding employment.
Cut-Throat Company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
Look to use their workers, do not pay the national average. Management is the worse and refuse to fix problems, Im still fighting the company for back and loss pay. Do not work there
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor management
Position available immediately
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 18, 2018
Lack of communication, persistant but a disrespectful persistent. 23 text msgs, 5 emails and phone calls in one day. Then strongly suggests wearing a suit on an interview. Who owns a suit in swfl in 100° weather.
Pros
Immediate piston availability
Cons
Controlling

Want to know more about Vaco?

Ask a question
A Great Contracting Experience
Learning & Development Specialist- Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2018
My experience with Vaco has shown me that their employees are very professional and they truly care about the happiness of their Contractors. This has been my first experience as a contractor and I loved it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Regular Change
Cons
Contract work is not the most stable
Controller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2018
The position was great. Had lots of benefits. Culture was great and very relaxed. The owners were very generous we often went out to lunch. It was a family orientated business.
Great temp company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 6, 2018
Vaco's staff members are easy to work with. The staff member I was working with had great follow up skills. They align you with your skills and really listen to what you want in a job.
Vaco
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2018
Vaco is a great place to work for my only regret is that they didn't have a permanent position to offer me. The supervisors were friendly and yet firm, while demonstrating absolute professionalism. I was brought in as a temp given and given an opportunity to work my way up into a leadership role in just weeks. Thank you vaco.
customer service rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATA ENTRY- WELLCARE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2018
working for Vaco was interesting. although it is a temporary agency they have quality clients which I was able to be exposed to. I had a variety of companies that I was open to work for. the recruiters were friendly and very helpful.
Pros
temp agency
Cons
not too many clients in my field
Not an internal employee
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2018
I'm a Consultant through Vaco therefore most of the questions did not pertain to me. All of the perks written above are directed toward employees that are internal
Pros
Healthcare, sick days
Bad management does not make VACO great
Content Analyst/Point of Contact (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 19, 2018
I really liked to work for VACO in the beginning because there was vision and communication. After some managers left and the vision of the project got lost I did not like to work for VACO anymore. It seems like VACO only wants new projects and forgets to 'take care' of it's people in older projects.
Cons
management, salary, commute
Contractor
Help Desk/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2018
I did not really work FOR Vaco. I worked for a company that paid Vaco to pay me.
I have had to repeatedly contact Vaco to talk to someone about pay being done correctly and on time.
I have had to contact them numerous times to get them to try and find a next placement for me.
They seem like nice people but also seem that they don't want bothered with me.
Great company.
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2018
It was temp assignments; always good pay, sent out on assignments that matched my job skills. I enjoyed working for VACO.and would love to work with them again.
Pros
Good pay, good jobs.
Cons
Excellent place to work and supportive recruiters
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Excellent place to work and supportive recruiters. They helped me find very good temporary jobs. I got the chance to perform multiple times for the same companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vaco. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight