Vaco Employee Reviews

Excelent
install tech and team lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2018
Working with pm and admin are wonderful they get your point they also give you alot to deal with ds';akf'afk'lfcc;lmpwfcpajfpwejgfpofjvpojfpfpjspfopspgosg
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The travel
I like the temp agency
AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 30, 2018
The company I worked for Capital One was not a great company to work for my training was two days and the work environment was highly stressed and the material you are given to follow as guidelines are missing pieces and its like being stranded on an island with no map or water.
Pros
Nice building, cafes, parking garage
Cons
not enough training, too many computer hiccups, poor management
Vaco is a professional and dynamic company that cares about its consultants.
Senior Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Vaco is a professional and dynamic company that cares about its consultants.

Recruiters concerned about employees and pro-active finding employment.
Cut-Throat Company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
Look to use their workers, do not pay the national average. Management is the worse and refuse to fix problems, Im still fighting the company for back and loss pay. Do not work there
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor management
Position available immediately
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 18, 2018
Lack of communication, persistant but a disrespectful persistent. 23 text msgs, 5 emails and phone calls in one day. Then strongly suggests wearing a suit on an interview. Who owns a suit in swfl in 100° weather.
Pros
Immediate piston availability
Cons
Controlling
A Great Contracting Experience
Learning & Development Specialist- Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2018
My experience with Vaco has shown me that their employees are very professional and they truly care about the happiness of their Contractors. This has been my first experience as a contractor and I loved it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Regular Change
Cons
Contract work is not the most stable
Controller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2018
The position was great. Had lots of benefits. Culture was great and very relaxed. The owners were very generous we often went out to lunch. It was a family orientated business.
Great temp company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 6, 2018
Vaco's staff members are easy to work with. The staff member I was working with had great follow up skills. They align you with your skills and really listen to what you want in a job.
Vaco
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2018
Vaco is a great place to work for my only regret is that they didn't have a permanent position to offer me. The supervisors were friendly and yet firm, while demonstrating absolute professionalism. I was brought in as a temp given and given an opportunity to work my way up into a leadership role in just weeks. Thank you vaco.
customer service rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATA ENTRY- WELLCARE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2018
working for Vaco was interesting. although it is a temporary agency they have quality clients which I was able to be exposed to. I had a variety of companies that I was open to work for. the recruiters were friendly and very helpful.
Pros
temp agency
Cons
not too many clients in my field
Not an internal employee
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2018
I'm a Consultant through Vaco therefore most of the questions did not pertain to me. All of the perks written above are directed toward employees that are internal
Pros
Healthcare, sick days
Bad management does not make VACO great
Content Analyst/Point of Contact (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 19, 2018
I really liked to work for VACO in the beginning because there was vision and communication. After some managers left and the vision of the project got lost I did not like to work for VACO anymore. It seems like VACO only wants new projects and forgets to 'take care' of it's people in older projects.
Cons
management, salary, commute
Contractor
Help Desk/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2018
I did not really work FOR Vaco. I worked for a company that paid Vaco to pay me.
I have had to repeatedly contact Vaco to talk to someone about pay being done correctly and on time.
I have had to contact them numerous times to get them to try and find a next placement for me.
They seem like nice people but also seem that they don't want bothered with me.
Great company.
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2018
It was temp assignments; always good pay, sent out on assignments that matched my job skills. I enjoyed working for VACO.and would love to work with them again.
Pros
Good pay, good jobs.
Cons
Excellent place to work and supportive recruiters
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Excellent place to work and supportive recruiters. They helped me find very good temporary jobs. I got the chance to perform multiple times for the same companies.
provides good work-life balance and flexibility, but lack career growth and stability
Accounting/Finance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
The Vaco team I was working with are great professionals. There is no specific concern about Vaco as a company. My experience was more on the nature of consulting work, which was new to me.
Consulting is great for those who seek work-life balance and flexibility. It is not if you are looking for career growth and stability.
Pros
Flexible hours; work-life balance
Cons
lack career growth; instability
Freedom to service the client as I saw fit.
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 27, 2018
As a consultant, my only contact with Vaco was their consultant rep, which changed 3 times in my 18 months, so continuity was lacking. I worked with a very easy going client, who gave me much flexibility in work schedule. And let me explore different areas as I found the needs for evaluation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, and self determined work hours.
Cons
Limited work hours due to nature of contract
It's fine.
YouTube Technology Solutions Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2018
A typical day depends on the team you work for. The goals are pretty straight forward and the management is incredibly supportive. If you feel like you can't get what you need out of the team you work for, they will help you find something else that might work better for you to achieve your goals.
Recruiting company does well at placement
Help Desk Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy my time with Vaco. I am here to work, and they make sure that I have work to go to. They are interested in my advancement, and in placing me in an environment where I fit in.
Pros
Benefits, job security.
Cons
Contracts end.
The job from you know where!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 26, 2018
the two times I was hired by Vaco to work for contract companies I was either paid less then what I was promised or I wasn't paid at all. The first company I worked for had me work 2 full 40 hour weeks and then told me at the end of the 2nd week they didn't need help anymore & I wasn't paid. Vaco said it was because the person they had the contract with did not pay them. Then Vaco sent me to another company over an hour from my house and I worked there for almost 6 months for a $1.50 under what they told me I was going to make an hour. I was also told I would be compensated for travel time & wear and tear on my vehicle and Never received anything from that either. I would not recommend anyone let this company take advantage of them like I did.
Pros
You have a job to go to
Cons
you end up paying more out of pocket to make them money then you will ever get back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vaco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight