Vaco Employee Reviews

Great temp company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 6, 2018
Vaco's staff members are easy to work with. The staff member I was working with had great follow up skills. They align you with your skills and really listen to what you want in a job.
Vaco
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2018
Vaco is a great place to work for my only regret is that they didn't have a permanent position to offer me. The supervisors were friendly and yet firm, while demonstrating absolute professionalism. I was brought in as a temp given and given an opportunity to work my way up into a leadership role in just weeks. Thank you vaco.
Not an internal employee
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2018
I'm a Consultant through Vaco therefore most of the questions did not pertain to me. All of the perks written above are directed toward employees that are internal
Pros
Healthcare, sick days
Bad management does not make VACO great
Content Analyst/Point of Contact (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 19, 2018
I really liked to work for VACO in the beginning because there was vision and communication. After some managers left and the vision of the project got lost I did not like to work for VACO anymore. It seems like VACO only wants new projects and forgets to 'take care' of it's people in older projects.
Cons
management, salary, commute
Contractor
Help Desk/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2018
I did not really work FOR Vaco. I worked for a company that paid Vaco to pay me.
I have had to repeatedly contact Vaco to talk to someone about pay being done correctly and on time.
I have had to contact them numerous times to get them to try and find a next placement for me.
They seem like nice people but also seem that they don't want bothered with me.
Great company.
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2018
It was temp assignments; always good pay, sent out on assignments that matched my job skills. I enjoyed working for VACO.and would love to work with them again.
Pros
Good pay, good jobs.
Cons
Excellent place to work and supportive recruiters
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Excellent place to work and supportive recruiters. They helped me find very good temporary jobs. I got the chance to perform multiple times for the same companies.
provides good work-life balance and flexibility, but lack career growth and stability
Accounting/Finance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
The Vaco team I was working with are great professionals. There is no specific concern about Vaco as a company. My experience was more on the nature of consulting work, which was new to me.
Consulting is great for those who seek work-life balance and flexibility. It is not if you are looking for career growth and stability.
Pros
Flexible hours; work-life balance
Cons
lack career growth; instability
Freedom to service the client as I saw fit.
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 27, 2018
As a consultant, my only contact with Vaco was their consultant rep, which changed 3 times in my 18 months, so continuity was lacking. I worked with a very easy going client, who gave me much flexibility in work schedule. And let me explore different areas as I found the needs for evaluation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, and self determined work hours.
Cons
Limited work hours due to nature of contract
It's fine.
YouTube Technology Solutions Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2018
A typical day depends on the team you work for. The goals are pretty straight forward and the management is incredibly supportive. If you feel like you can't get what you need out of the team you work for, they will help you find something else that might work better for you to achieve your goals.
Recruiting company does well at placement
Help Desk Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy my time with Vaco. I am here to work, and they make sure that I have work to go to. They are interested in my advancement, and in placing me in an environment where I fit in.
Pros
Benefits, job security.
Cons
Contracts end.
The job from you know where!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 26, 2018
the two times I was hired by Vaco to work for contract companies I was either paid less then what I was promised or I wasn't paid at all. The first company I worked for had me work 2 full 40 hour weeks and then told me at the end of the 2nd week they didn't need help anymore & I wasn't paid. Vaco said it was because the person they had the contract with did not pay them. Then Vaco sent me to another company over an hour from my house and I worked there for almost 6 months for a $1.50 under what they told me I was going to make an hour. I was also told I would be compensated for travel time & wear and tear on my vehicle and Never received anything from that either. I would not recommend anyone let this company take advantage of them like I did.
Pros
You have a job to go to
Cons
you end up paying more out of pocket to make them money then you will ever get back.
Great Place To Work
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 21, 2018
One of the best places I've ever worked at. Good culture, good team and great work life balance. Management is great. Hands off and let you do what you need to do to get the job done.
It sucked!
Application Programmer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2018
I always hated working as a contract employee. But the house note must be paid. So, High Ho, High ho, it's off to work I go! The pay is lousy but I am making friends at the work site.
Pros
Pay Check
It started as a 6 month contract, and ran to 18 months.
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OhMarch 9, 2018
Vaco supported me with easy time reporting, support by regular contact and interaction with the sales team and managers. The work was mostly unsupervised, and I received all the support needed from the client CFO.
Pros
Timely paychecks, and let me to on challenges
Cons
contract expired.
Excellent Recruitment Firm
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMarch 9, 2018
Recruitment firm placing finance and accounting professionals at clients requiring specific expertise. Freedom to work projects of your choice in various industries.
Pros
Interesting Projects
Cons
Downtime between projects
I learned about a different industry
Audit Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2018
I had the experience of working for Big CPA firm, where I learned about accounting treatment of agriculture industry in a very challenging client of that firm.
not a bad place to work
IT Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 5, 2018
Obviously, when it comes to an IT staffing agency, where you end up being placed is obviously in direct correlation with the experience you have. That said, Vaco is a good company to work for. I have done a few contracts with them over the years and never had a bad experience. Pay always seemed pretty spot-on for what I was doing too...
Pros
Fair pay, Good culture, accommodating staff
Cons
none that I can think of..
Vaco is a good place to get started
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Vaco is a big company that does a wide variety of work, which varies from region to region.
In the SF bay area, I can say that Vaco is a good company to work for if you are a recent college graduate struggling to find work and aren't too picky about what your first job is.

Vaco does not incentivize its employees to stay at the company, and does not provide particularly good pay rates, benefits, or advancement opportunities.

However, thanks to the tireless efforts of the the upper management, there are always new contracts popping up and lot of jobs available that don't require a lot of specialized experience, just basic communication skills and a willingness to figure things out.

Even if a contract is cancelled (as mine was), the recruiters did a great job of finding other positions for those affected by the ending contract. I have never known anyone at Vaco to have been fired or laid off.

Working at Vaco gave me some much-needed work experience and interpersonal skills that I wouldn't have learned through through any sort of class or training course.
Pros
Free lunches (as a perk of the particular contract I was on), Flexible hours
Cons
Low compensation, Poor lower/midlevel management
Progressive contracting firm
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN 37027February 27, 2018
one of few contracting firms who offer paid vacations. No contact from management until the end of my contract. Offered benefits but did not use them as I had my own.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
No follow up after taking contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vaco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight