Vaco Employee Reviews

No respect for workers
Content Creator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 9, 2019
There is no respect for workers except for there own pockets. Just disgusting! Nothing is possible and there is no room for conversation. Very unfairly treated!!
Pros
lunches from Google
Cons
they have no respect for the contracters and no fair salary system. Other co-workers make more
Great working experience
Consultant, HR Project Manager, Contract (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Great experience working as an consultant. Company morale is above average. I enjoyed my time supporting the project. I enjoyed having flexible hours.
Cons
Needed more billable hours
Mission of Company was often a blur
Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Focus more on numbers than quality. Mission was blurred and didn't seem to resignate throughout. One plus with the company was continual knowledge. Remeber customer and employee seeks satisfaction.
Chill job but unorganized
Content Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 18, 2018
Coworkers and environment was a good experience. However it was very micromanaged and some of the management was not the best with dealing with certain situations.
Good placements
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2018
Vaco offers good placements for its consultants that provide opportunities for extended learning. I enjoyed my last assignment and the company I worked at.
Franchise Model is location dependent
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2018
All depends on your local owner. If you are in a good city then you get a good boss and the role can rock. The opportunities to make a ton of money are there.
Okay Vendor Company for Early Career
Business Analyst II at Google (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 26, 2018
Don't expect to make a career at Vaco. The jobs are typically entry level jobs. They can be a great entry to places like Google but you will likely have to work there more than 2 years to see any advancement or opportunity and in the meantime, you're not paid very well and the raises were minimal at best. My managers regularly were unaware of my job, what I did, and even my actual title. There was high turnover at every level so not a lot of expertise.
They remain in contact while you are working at their customer
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 20, 2018
The few individuals that I have spoken with have all been very helpful and easy to work with. My biggest issue is that I need full time permanent work. I am a single mother with no health insurance. They do provide packages you can choose from, they are not good at all and the cost is outrageous.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Contract work
Be Careful and Stay Away
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2018
This company run for just sending people to their clients with low pay rate and no medical benefits.
Their one time 401K is from your own pocket, no matching contribution. They just use your money to transfer to finance company in the next 2-3 weeks until they get paid from their clients to pay your salary.
They can terminate you anytime without reason and leave you in jeopardy with unemployment by telling them that you discharge
Job seeker, please find other recruiters and consulting company.
For the sake of your career and life, stay away !!
Bad Experience
YouTube TV Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 12, 2018
I was being paid $4 less to do the exact same job as my co-workers who were with another contract agency. I spoke with my recruiter about it and they confirmed that I would receive the difference in pay but I had to wait 90 days. I had an issue with being paid the correct amount for working grave yard and I couldn't seem to get anyone to help me in a timely manner and it affected my financial situation. Overall it was a very negative environment with no possibility for growth.
Temp service steady work
On-boarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 5, 2018
Temp service, steady work , the placement of the assignments was decent. The regular employees were helpful. Mama game tonight needs to improve communication.
I worked as an account manager and recruiter for Vaco.
SENIOR RECRUITER/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2018
Vaco has a very laid back work environment. The culture is very friendly and competitive. I learned how to recruit for accounting, HR, finance, and administrative positions which was my favorite part of the job.
Great people make for a great working experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 17, 2018
I worked as a consultant for about five months. My first contract was a local site, but once it was completed, I was invited to continue with the company on similar contracts elsewhere. Every weekend, I would fly to the job site, or drive if it was close enough. I hadn't gotten to travel much before working for Vaco, so I was happy to visit areas of the country that I had not seen before. Reimbursement for travel and parking fees was fast and accurate. Pay was similarly correct and punctual. My coworkers were generally easygoing and seemed to enjoy their work.
Supervisors worked right alongside the regular employees, and recognized workers that performed well. I very much enjoyed my time working there, and consider it my favorite job out of those I've held.
Pros
Travel if you enjoy it, great supervisors and coworkers, enjoyable work
Cons
Medical benefits are minimal, travel if you dislike flying
Great place to work for
Senior Accountant/Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
The greatest personal and fast paste agents, I always recommend to my friends and coworkers.
Was looking for a place that works for me and and fine jobs fast and good names.
Pros
Great Agents
Cons
Different industries
Fun place to work
Resource Talent Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
Vaco is a great company with an awesome work culture. However, there was no real structure and new management for my team was not the right fit which made work stressful.
They could do better
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2018
Not an ideal place to work, unless you're just starting out... Then, maybe it's for you, if you like contracts. They rush you through the entire process because they're SO concerned about numbers, money, and figures, but they don't care.
Pros
Na
Work culture
SYSTEMS ANALYST, BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 7, 2018
I worked for client ALLY bank which was outstanding in all areas. My employer was VACO which I had no interaction with until 3 months prior to my contract ending. (VACO was in Detroit and I was in Dayton so did not have chance to have much involvement due to distance between locations.)
Pros
Great client
Cons
did not get to interact much with VACO team, just client team
I like the temp agency
AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 30, 2018
The company I worked for Capital One was not a great company to work for my training was two days and the work environment was highly stressed and the material you are given to follow as guidelines are missing pieces and its like being stranded on an island with no map or water.
Pros
Nice building, cafes, parking garage
Cons
not enough training, too many computer hiccups, poor management
Vaco is a professional and dynamic company that cares about its consultants.
Senior Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Vaco is a professional and dynamic company that cares about its consultants.

Recruiters concerned about employees and pro-active finding employment.
Cut-Throat Company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
Look to use their workers, do not pay the national average. Management is the worse and refuse to fix problems, Im still fighting the company for back and loss pay. Do not work there
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vaco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight