Vaco
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

Vaco Employee Reviews

United States313 reviews

Fun workplace

Great team environment, leadership and communication. Always felt supported by management and are extremely flexible. Work life balance is there if you’re ok with making your base salary.

Good job to start professional career, but should be treated as stepping stone.

This job is great for anyone out of college or looking for a lateral move into a more corporate career. The job itself requires you to learn the Fortune 100 company's proprietary software and applications, but if you're tech-savvy then it's pretty straight-forward and an easy job. Pros:-Typically friendly coworkers (hardly any issues)-Strict work/life balance (you can expect to work 40 hours, no more no less) plus one mandatory meeting during or outside of your shift (depending on your schedule). Easy to forecast and ask for time off if you plan ahead.-Easy to stand-out (do your work, pick up the slack, go above and beyond).-Easy job overall to do: job itself was more of a reactionary job rather than proactive.Cons:-Hard to move upwards: team itself has 3 lead positions and 2 management positions above that. The highest employee is the project manager and after that you would have to seek employment elsewhere (if those positions ever open up).-Schedule: Expect to work weekends/holidays/nights depending on your schedule. Can only switch schedules after about a year of working there + availability.-Compensation: I often told people this job was like making corporate minimum wage. You will be making more than most retail positions, but given the current economy + HCOL, this job will not be enough to support yourself without a second income. -Management: Overall, I had a positive experience, but there was some vague issues running in the background where certain employees enjoyed favoritism and management wasn't keen on helping/advocating on employees' behalf for better -

Pros

Work-life balance, Pto

Cons

Minimal benefits, not enough room for advancement, nature of job

Vaco insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive Fun Environment

I love working with Vaco. The recruiters are great. Communication is on point. Pay is great for me as I have no kids. I love working from home. Management cares

Good company to learn

Work here if you want to learn and grow. Management great and supportive. Not easy but a rewarding job if you work hard. Give your best, learn a lot.

Low stress and high reward

Vaco is an expert in the industry of hiring and talented workers, whether internally or as consultants. I am an internal employee and this job has been hands down the best work experience I have had. I feel everyone is rooting for me!

Pros

Flexible schedule for family, great compensation and benefits.

Cons

Absolutely cannot think of any, its a hard market for hiring but they still manage to keep us motivated.

Unorganized, Unprofessional & no one knows what they are doing.

I have worked for this company for almost a year at this point. I have reached my 6 months probation a while ago and I have not received a review on my performance (which comes with a raise). I have not heard one word about anyone getting performance reviews at all. I have been switched around different workflows 4-5 times. Managers will be very last minute and tell you that you're being moved a day before, very unexpected. All of the team leads have no idea what is going on. You ask them questions and they give you the run around and can't give you an answer. There was multiple times where our job security was questioned and it raised a lot of concern for months due to inconsistent workflows. There are team leads that make me uncomfortable to work with because of their rude and standoffish behavior. Good luck trying to get promoted at this job... your interest will be turned down and in most cases just ignored by higher-ups. This company does not pay their employees fairly for the amount of work they are putting in, especially giving the kind of content we have to deal with. There is definitely team leads at this company that are on power-trips and look down on regular employes. This is extremely toxic behavior on their part and they know who they are. Overall, this won't be a long term job for anyone trying to be in the tech industry but it can teach you a few things if you're willing to put up with their nonsense.

Pros

Remote

Cons

No communication, Lack of consistent work, Low pay, Toxic managers/team leads, no opportunity for advancement.

Great

Great place to work. reliable and works with you to find the perfect place for you to work. I was matched very quickly and loved the placement. It was great.

Assess your fit to a company well

Vaco is a placement agency so you will work for another company. They are fantastic as assessing your skills and a good fit for YOU. If you can do contract work, they are a great place to work. Try it and I think it will be a good career move!

Pros

Always great staff to work with

Cons

It's not a perm job

Not all that glitter is gold.

I was let go due to a chronic medical condition. I wish this company could have been more understanding. Some of the people you will work with are nice, but other higher-ups are brutal.

Pros

Work from home.

Cons

Lack of empathy.

Great Work/life balance but it depends on your management and the projects you are on. Great organization cultures and challenging projects.

Overall everything is great. My managers are nice, professional, and supportive. We have learning support (online courses) that company pays for each year. We believe in work/life balance and working as a team.

Pros

work/life balance, great team work, awesome culture and flexible working hours.

Cons

not always organized, lack management skills, and HR is not responsive.

Fantastic place to work

I highly enjoy working at Vaco. It is not hard to be successful here if you are a self-motivated person. Great benefits, great people, great work environent.

review

Pro: good cultureflexible, full benefits and compensation.Cons: management needs structure, training could be better, wish there was more communication overall

Go for it

It is a great experience. You will learn that critical and self assertive thinking will get you far. Don't hesitate to show your potential, there are many opportunities to grow.

Solid Remote Job

The people are kind, and supportive. It's not difficult work as long as you learn the guidelines. Flexible hours - within reason and work life balance is very favorable. My only thing with it is that you have to work a year before you get PTO and holiday pay.

Pros

Good people, flexible hours, no mandatory OT

Cons

Have to work a year before you get holiday pay or paid days off

Working here has been rewarding!

This staffing firm is not like other ones I've experienced - the people are real, they communicate well, and they are not super competitive. No one is looking over your shoulder to make sure you're making enough phone calls, or meeting quotas, etc. It is nice to be able to be trusted and treated like an adult.

No room for much advancement

Not much room for advancement and depending on shift hired on you might have to work overnight. People are friendly but the work is boring and non rewarding.

Training is provided. Projects not clearly defined.

Miscommunication of job description and hours required. Lack of structure and guidance. Low pay, high hours. Unrealistic deadlines and immense hurdles and obstacles. Tedious and time consuming project management administration tasks

Pros

Training

Cons

No work life balance. Low pay. High demands. Poor management. High stress

Love it

Very supportive company. Support and incentives are available. Management is great. Opportunities for advancement are available. Fully remote at this time

Horriblr Recruiting firm.

They will place in job and collect their cuts but no support when you need them. Apparently they are just a basic recruitment firm. very small and no benefits.

Pros

Cons

No employee support whatsoever.

I was lied to about the contract type and end date I signed up for. Vaco offers no benefits beyond a diy styled 401k program, so if you have health problems work elsewhere and dropped the ball after “offering” to assist with future endeavors.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

See my review

Great work environment and not being micro managed

Great company to work for. Great pay and assignments are always available. Recruiters are very friendly and open about the details of each assignment. Never had any issues with pay or taking time off.

Pros

Not micromanaged

Cons

Not permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vaco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Vaco with

• Vaco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?