Vaco
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100

Vaco Employee Reviews

The team and managers are great. We're like a family which isn't something I ever thought I would have in a job. The managers encourage you to take off work when you need to and always listen to issues.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
N/a
Working for back was a good experience. Management was easy going, and easy to speak with when ever a problem occured. Even though they are a company that assist in job placement, they have an awesome team working there. I truly miss my interactions with the company. ( With vaco)
I'm glad to be placed back at my old job. I enjoy working back here and it's a great placement. Makinsey is a great recruiter. I have learned so much more since being back here and the dynamics in the office are safe and meet my needs.
Pros
Pay has increased due to demand
Cons
No paid holidays
Good company to work for! Very knowledgeable people. Everyone is doing the same thing. Help is always there if its needed. 8am to 5 pm.. 2 breaks and a lunch break cant beat that when working from home. And equipment is provided
Recruitment really helped with job placement and communicating back and forth. Placed me at a very nice facility. would have stayed longer if it wasn’t for personal circumstances.
Pros
great contract positions
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
VACO is a wonderful company. I've been here my entire career. I'm able to network and help my local community by placing candidates in great roles in my given market. You're pushed to succeed and encouraged to grow.
Pros
Great culture and they take on an entrepreneurial spirit.
Cons
None that I can think of
Less than professional, over qualified being in management for over 35 years, job and staff horrible. I would have fired them. I wish that I never entertained the contract, the work space was the size of a toilet in a public restroom.
Pros
None found
Cons
Not found
I left Vaco once and was lucky enough to come back in a recruiting role. Since then, have held several positions and been able to contribute to the growth of the firm. The leaders are the best in class, transparent, and supportive. I’m so glad I returned.
Pros
Flexible, fun, great compensation plans
Cons
Flat, unstructured
The pay was underwhelming and the lack of holiday pay wasn't appreciated. The job itself was rewarding and the people were pleasant. I would gladly come back in order to work directly for the company and not as a temp.
A great team environment with support from corporate office. Local office was not always given everything they needed to be successful. Support from corporate office also varied by location with some offices allowed to hire more staff and other offices were not. Overall I was very happy with my time there.
Pros
Culture, flexibility, training
Cons
Corporate Management was not consistent
Great place to work! Wonderful work life balance and ample support from teammates. There are clear expectations and goals for each person and they are attainable. Management was great and would highly recommend working here
Generally the Account Manager and Vendor Manager were easy to reach and communicate with. However, the majority of the time I expected a higher level of professionalism when it came to dealing with my concerns with the client. The main office is located in EST and so reaching the HR and Payroll departments and other concerns were hard to address.
Pros
Complete portfolio of benefits (once you qualify), Decent pay rate
Cons
Mediocre Health Care, most benefits for vendor staff is 6 months from start, hands off approach to contract management
Ok company at the beginning finding you a job but before contract ends they wont help you get another one. Also pay so little, might as well work at Amazon and still get paid better.
Cons
No contact with you
There is more good than anything with this company. I can honestly say I cannot say there is anything bad to report. The benefits are expensive, but at least they are offered. And like any contract company, the job could end abruptly without notice. The pay is right on point. But most of all, the people that I worked with on my team were awesome! We all learned from each other. If there was an issue we worked together to figure it out. I have never in my life worked for a company or with people like this before. This was a great experience and I hate it's time for the contract to end. Working from home, the flexibility in hours was great. Awesome communication over the web. Great place to work!
Pros
Pay and people
Cons
Benefits was a little expensive and contact could end quicker than thought
Would work there again. Nice place to work. I enjoyed the experience Great time. Growing company I would love to see great things forThe future. Good luck
Pros
Growth temp to perm
Cons
Pay
If you are looking for a first job this would be a place to start. the company management is cool and the building activities are well managed. benefits aren't that good though.
Fast hiring process, great people, remote and decent pay. Benefits are on the expensive side so I opted out. The recruiter kept in touch throughout the hiring process and even after which made the transition smooth.
Pros
The managers are understanding
Cons
Have to clock out for 15 min breaks
They are a temp agency but the recruiters are honestly lazy and won't help you find a job. I was called for job then told nevermind I keep looking weeks past nothing.
Multiple attempts (at least 10-15) over the last 10 years to obtain an assignment with this company but have yet to be sent on an interview, for either a temp or perm position.
Pros
No comment as I have not had an assignment.
Cons
Have been zero help in obtaining a position.
Job security and advancementContract opportunity - not told how long it’ll lastOverallBest job ever. It’s not stressful other than not knowing when/if the job will be ending since it is a contract opportunity. Very easy and simple job to do. Zero stress
Work-life balanceGreat the management was very helpful when it came to work/life balancePay & benefitsThe pay and benefits were adequate for a staffing companyJob security and advancementVaco is a staffing company so unless you're hired full time it all depends on the needs of the clientManagementThe management was, friendly and very helpful
  1. Employee Reviews