VAE, Inc. Employee Reviews

Engaging & challenging!
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 20, 2017
One of my few professional regrets was not joining VAE sooner. Advanced networking and challenging migrations, along with great people. Work will vary depending upon which contract you are on, but everyone I have been on has been a very positive experience.
Pros
Networking, solid coworkers, great environment, good management
Cons
Often long hours
Not a good place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 7, 2017
1. Not engaged with employees
2. Will not provide training
3. The moment you submit a complaint you are gone the next day
4. There are no performance reviews
5. There is no performance improvement plan
6. There is no work accountability (they can say you did not work but because you have no work trail it's their word against yours)
7. Management does not know what task you are working on
8. There is no structured work plan (in other words there are no dead lines nor expectations more like finger pointing when things go wrong)
9. There are a lot of condescending attitudes and swearing

Management does not provide training but workers do share what they know. However there is an attitude of "if you don't know BGP or MPLS you should not work here". That said they refuse to teach or re-enforce any fundamental knowledge. Definitely not a CCNA friendly environment and there is a level of arrogance.

Also management will find any reason to throw you under the bus if you become a problem to them. And their definition of a problem isn't that you are not doing your job. Their definition of a problem is that you are making them do their job or making their job difficult. I had never been written up once, never received a warning and as I said earlier there had never been a performance review nor an improvement plan to help me in the entire year I worked there. That said if you have a family crisis like I did and someone you love is dying should you call in they will use that as a way to justify you not doing your job. Needless to say the following day my badge was disabled
  more... and I was not allowed to come into the building not even to sign my termination papers. VAE does not see you as a human asset. Just an expendable asset. Till this day VAE refuses to communicate with me and has made every effort to hide my reviews or justify them by calling me a lair.

Believe me I am not making these experiences up. I wish I had a performance review. I wish I had training. I wish I had some level of expectation for my performance. And I don't even mind being told that I am not a fit because my performance is behind. But that is not what happened. I was blindsided and unemployed with no notice.
Pros
Advance networking
Cons
You have to learn this on your own