Vail Health

United States36 reviews
Dedicated to their mission
Provided great communication

Provided detailed instructions

Great on the job support

Flexible staffing

Great Leadership
Pay is good but high cost of living. Benefits are ok. Not a big organization so scope for advancement is limited. Nursing is well represented and supported.
I worked in Material Management and as an Anesthesia Tech. Like many other reviews, I found management poor and downright disrespectful. My Coworkers were great, but the management was not. The reason I left was that the job didn't pay what it was worth. Considering the stress and responsibilities of the job, the wage was just not worth it. I felt I was being taken advantage of so I found a better paying job in retail.
A fun place to work with great people. Team work is a priority with everyone will to help each other. Management looks for ways to bring fun into the mix by bringing everyone together outside of work for get togethers and fun times.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Top notch doctors and a great staff makes working here a joy. This hospital is growing and showing no signs of stopping. They are dedicated to being the best and helping the most.
Good company to work for. Great benefits and secure job. I would recommend working for this company. I would love to get closer to home if possible. Management and Coworkers are great
Vail Health administrators are the Mob.

This is a non-profit organization that had an excess of $100 million in profits last year. It’s the dark side of Capitalism. Greed begets greed. Procedures are double what you would pay in neighboring Denver.

It’s corrupt. Administrators get kick backs and frequently ignore safety concerns. Bullying and intimidation are commonplace in some departments. If you voice concerns and resign there will he attempts to blackball you from future employment elsewhere.

Staff are generally very pleasant at face value. The staff that excel here are ones who are there for the outdoor draw and don’t ask questions.

Be incredibly careful if you accept a position here. This is a place for sheep. If you’re a wolf, seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Pockets of kind people
Cons
Administration Corruption
Vail Health was a great opportunity for me, I enjoyed working there, for most part was an enjoyable experience. and I should opportunity arise I would work for them again.
Pros
Great Othopedic Services/Great HR personals
Cons
Unstable senior management, lacking vision and true leadership
Great position as a seasonal employee. Housing was included and within walking distance. PACU was a great place to work, call coverage was required but there was plenty of time to still enjoy skiing, hiking and mtn biking.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vail Health?
Fun, create and enjoyable work environment. All the employees empowered themselves and each other. Working together and getting it done was top priority as well as doing it right.
They would rather find a way to push you out then let longtime employees retire. If you are in the Click or favorite group then you can get away with anything. Disagree with upper management and you will find your way out. Many who spoke up in Town meets were let go shortly after the meetings. Only those in the elite group's ideas are considered and all others are shot down.
Would rather bring in travelers than groom and work with those already within.

The area is expensive.

The area is fun to be in and play in.

Self-scheduling is great.

They do offer shuttle services from down valley and summit county.

The shuttle is employee driven.
Be very careful when considering a position at Vail Health formally Vail Valley Medical Center. They use many many travelers and seasonal employees due to high cost of living and the culture of the hospital and area. When you come in the employees seem kind but if you have experience and they feel threatened you may as well pack your bags. They talk about root cause analysis and Just Culture but if you don’t see things eye to eye the Just Culture and RCA is ignored and you will find yourself in front of an HR representative with your walking papers. They provide housing for seasonal and travelers which sounds great but the real reason is it is necessary in order meet staffing needs of the hospital secondary to the horrible culture and high cost of living. As an example of the kind of culture that exist at Vail Health-Never take a vebal order here as it puts you at major risk- if the physician doesn’t like you or the other nurses get word of even a near miss the under current takes hold and your in front of HR. If the physician says give a Hydro 5/325 and writes Norco 5/325 or says give a Oxy 5 but writes for Percocet prepare yourself to be in front of HR....You will here from one of your other nurses your working with- “that’s not what he said”. Within 5 minutes you will suddenly start seeing managers, HR reps, witness private conversations and whispering around corners and their not talking about RCA or Just Culture. Beware of this place. You have to consider that Vail is one of the most expensive places to live in the US and world and this population is can be - more...
Pros
Expensive skiing and snowboarding
Cons
Uptight people and culture, very very expensive, town is isolated in mind body and soul.
Meet many people and learned a lot about medical. Was able to learn a lot about knees and hips were people all around the world came to get repaired and get therapy
I would work there again but the area is very expensive to live in. I could barely pay my bills while I made pretty good money. Transportation and parking is ridiculously expensive and hard to find. Which makes it really hard to get to work on time and even find parking. Bus routes dont run on a hospital workers schedules either. Not reliable enough
The Vail Valley system provided great support and up-beat working conditions. The tools necessary for success were readily available and offered enthusiastically.
Nice place to work. It was a small 2 doctor satellite office for the hospital and we took walk-ins in addition to regularly scheduled appointments. Dealt with emergencies as well but loved the challenges it could present.
Pros
It was walking distance from home.
Work can be stressful but for the most part a good place to work. Pay should be more for the amount it costs to stay in the area. Workplace culture is good with a great workstaff.
Pros
Great people and a small bonus once a yr. Free buss pass
Great people to work with - all peers very collegial; work was fun; location was fantastic; services for a mountain hospital were unexpected; leadership needs work do not have confidence of workers.
day consisted or 12 hours shifts, dealing with security and safety concerns of the Hospital and out lying clinics and buildings. Employees friendly and caring
Pros
Employees
Cons
Treatment by upper management
Management is not truthful no one there is happy. Horrific place to work. Good luck finding housing at a decent price! I would never ever work there again. The skiing is good, best thing about this so-called hospital . More like payton place lol
Pros
Some staff are knowledgeable
Cons
this place is exactly how you would expect it to be. good OR, good ED, and 1 acute care ward. 80% of pts are surgical and 80% of those pts are orthopedic. no surprises here.