Vail Resorts Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 795 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Come work and play in the mountains!
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay for a career. Receive $20/hour starting wage, health & wellness benefits, and a chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development experience.
Discover (or re-discover!) a passion for the outdoors with free Epic Pass(es), free ski/snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, and more perks!
Whether it’s your first-time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
You’re seeing all 1,030 jobs at Vail Resorts because we can’t find any available jobs at Vail Resorts close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 6.6K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Vail Resorts have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
Loved my position and team but the pay was extremely unreasonable for the area. Cost of living outweighed the benefits of this position however it was a great resume builder and fun experience.
What is the best part of working at the company? Place and people, upper management has no clue What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Broomfield What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Bad, unorganized, cares nothing about employees and community What is a typical day like for you at the company? Great till Broomfield gets involved
The culture at Vail Resorts needs improvement. Front line employees often do not feel respected or heard. Communication is poor and makes tasks more difficult.
Be prepared to be taken advantage of and overworked. There are well-intentioned managers, but they have to worry about their own jobs. Not worth the free ski pass.
Another great work family. I’ve been employed at whitetail since 2016 and don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. Great second job for the benefit of free skiing. Ski training is impeccable with many Level 3 PSIA employees. Snowboarders are cooler though
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 100 questions about working at Vail Resorts. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Vail Resorts employees.
Insights from 460 Indeed users who have interviewed with Vail Resorts within the last 5 years.
Are you flexible? Will you work weekends? Will you work holidays? Are you willing to stand out in the cold for a few hours?
Prior work experience
I had to pass a ski test followed by three days of shadowing.
Vail Resorts Appoints Angela Korch as Chief Financial Officer - Vail Resorts (NYSE:MTN)(opens in a new window)Benzinga
Latest News Vail Resorts Appoints Angela Korch as Chief Financial Officer - Businessfortnight(opens in a new window)Businessfortnight
Vail Resorts Appoints Angela Korch as Chief Financial Officer | MarketScreener(opens in a new window)Market Screener
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Vail Resorts?Published on May 24, 2021
- Vail Resorts