Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Great experience to learn how big businesses operate
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 13, 2019
I learned so much working here. I feel as if there's room for advancement if you're willing to stand out and reach for it- as with any job. Compensation needs improvement for sure. Overall, culture is nice, pretty professional place. Met some awesome people worldwide. Management might sometimes treat you as if you don't matter as much as you'd like, some things can be chaotic, especially during ram-up. Expect to work a boat load during ramp-up and ramp-down.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Nice view from work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 12, 2019
I enjoy working at vail Resorts. I meet people from all over the countries. Socializing with some employees to see how their day is going. Stay hydrated and able to eat breakfast.
Pros
Free lunches/ ski pass
A good work environment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 12, 2019
The work is often fast paced and occasionally overwhelming. However, there is a distinct impression that everyone is part of one team trying to provide the best experience for guests.
Pros
Good benefits, good work environment
Cons
Inconsistent workload.
Productive and fun workplace with the mountain as my backyard
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 6, 2019
Keystone was a very fun company to work for. It had great benefits to offer since your working for a resort which includes free ski pass and half priced food from the cafes/restaurants. Also gave a very good opportunity to work and help guest in the fact of getting there lost belongings and children back
Ski for free--if you have a trust fund
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 5, 2019
Well you will have lots of people working with you that are in the same circumstances. Ski towns are expensive, expect to have two jobs just to pay rent. That is if you can find a place to live.

How do they expect to find good help at$11 an hour ?
Pros
Ski for free
Cons
you are a drone
Only a good job for ski bums who dont care about how a buisnes runs or treats it employees
Vacation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COFebruary 4, 2019
Overall Vail can be a good place to work at but the amount of incompetence on the managerial side causes a lot confusion and disarray. They have employee housing which can be best summed up as a college dorm with no supervision and excessive amounts of people being forced into very small rooms.
Pros
Free ski pass and mountain perks
Cons
Having to work under a tyrannical ceo
Too Corporate
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 4, 2019
The idea of ski and family culture is long gone in this capitalistic corporate giant. It's all about the money and a lot less about the employee. Forget trying to live anywhere near work for a reasonable price bases on starting pay rates.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Impossible to survive on what they pay
A company who does not care about their long term employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 1, 2019
I spent over a decade at Keystone Resort. At no time was I properly compensated for my skill set or work level. Their idea of compensation is a free ski pass. I have a bad back and never learned to ski, so it was a completely useless compensation method for individuals such as myself. The only way to improve those things is to put yourself out on a limb by "complaining" about these things. All that does is single you out, while they "listen" to your complaints and then do nothing about it.
great
Truck Driver/ Loader/ Warehouse Acociate (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJanuary 30, 2019
was an awesome place to work and I loved it glad I had the experience I had working there I hope that one day I travel back and maybe work there once again
Educational Retail
SKI & SNOWBOARD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJanuary 30, 2019
Working with coworkers with all sorts of stories, making good money. Getting to know how Park City really is, becoming a technician on Skis and Snowboards is an amazing experience.
Pros
The cold
Fun environment great training
Gate Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COJanuary 29, 2019
Vail resorts management company is dispersed world wide and known for being a great work environment. They offer great training to employees. 5% pay increase yearly upon good review.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay - relative to the location
Gran experiencia
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado, USAJanuary 22, 2019
Llegué a trabajar para esta empresa gracias al programa Work & Travel. Vail Resorts se encuentra en Colorado, USA. Viví y trabajé durante 4 meses allá. Fue una gran experiencia, ¡me encantaría regresar!
Great company
Airport Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2019
Overall, a good place to work. Advancement opportunities are limited.Work/life balance is good. Employee input is recognized and valued as is individual accomplishment.
Pros
Good work/personal life balance
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Very well run company - low pay
Staff 2 Accountant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 21, 2019
I left for a sales job. It was a fun company to work for but accounting was never really my goal in life and they paid on the lower end of what accountants make.
Good position
TICKET AND PASS SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  KeystoneJanuary 11, 2019
If the resort is not crowded they will send you home early.
Fun work environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJanuary 7, 2019
Vail offers employee housing and access to all Vail Resorts and recreational activities via the Epic ski lift pass. Employee housing is affordable but limited to two years for non-management employees.
Fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 5, 2019
Easy job
Easy to learn very low pay good hours the guest are a little rough but other than that it is a nice place to work a great experience and very good staff
Free snowboarding with this job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 3, 2019
Employee housing available but you live and work at the same place so your never away from work. It's cold if you don't snowboard it's not worth it. Customer service
Pros
Discount lunch, ski pass, low rent
Cons
Bad management, too much work, dirty
Fun for winters
Advanced Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Telluride, CODecember 27, 2018
Typical day involves opening the store, catering to customer needs, selling, selling, selling, and renting gear. I learned a lot about customer relations and management. Workplace culture really depends on what shop you are located at. Some shops have great employees and everyone is always having fun, other shops have really boring atmospheres. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers and trying to figure out where you will work during the summers and off-seasons.. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are placed with a great team and everyone has each others backs.
Pros
Ski breaks, friendly people, positive culture, benefits
Cons
Competitive employees can get nasty
fun to work for
Product Sales and Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Keystone, CODecember 19, 2018
I loved working for vail, great benefits, fun and relaxed, awesome company! We got ride breaks, and everyone is relaxed and enjoys working there. They take great care of their employees.
Pros
ride breaks
Cons
required overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight