Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
muy bueno
Atención en primera línea a los "guest" (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJuly 19, 2018
Vail resorts, es una empresa grande en los USA , por lo cual está en el rubro de turismo especialmente en la zona de las Montañas, en este trabajo me permitió conocer acerca de la cultura de la personas norteamericana en las montañas.
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral.
Cons
Días de descanso no fines de semana.
They hate their emplyees
Bilingual Vacation coordinator (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJuly 16, 2018
They do not make it easy for the employees especially the ones who live farther away, like I did, They are not understanding when life happens and are fast too try and fire people.
Very fun place to work
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJuly 13, 2018
If you enjoy snowboarding a lot and have a passion for the winter then this job is for you. The holidays can get super busy and get chaotic at times, however you just need to remind yourself where your at and breathe.
Pros
Free Snowboarding
Cons
Poor Management
Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Golden PeakJuly 2, 2018
I worked in the kitchen but then I got to interact with ski instructors as they are placing their order inside the kitchen. I learned some of the basic things done in the kitchen. It was fun and tiring as well especially during busy hours.
Pros
Employee discounts on partner companies, have an employee housing, discounts in getting bus passes
Cons
Short hours of work
Great Environment
Senior Coordinator Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Avon, COJune 29, 2018
I love Customer Service, I like to greet and help out any person that comes in through our office. I answer phones, file,sign leasing license s,general office work. I enjoy interacting with students from all over the world, and learn and adapt to their cultures.Hardest part of the job is to evict a tenant.The most enjoyable part of job is being able to accomplish a couple of things during the day and helping our tenants or clients on what they need.
Pros
We get ski pass for the year
Cons
I wish they would include zip lines for free for vail resort employee day.
Fun Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2018
If you love skiing this is the company to work for.
Vail Resorts is the leading ski company in the industry.
Most people with the company have passion about the outdoor industry.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Moderate wages
Vail Resorts
Food & Beverage Director / Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJune 26, 2018
Great company to work for. Focus on employee development. Pay for hourly and salaried management is on the low end for the expectations of the job. team members is great
Fun Seasonal Job
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJune 26, 2018
Fun environment. Great hours. Able to ski on my days off. Met a lot of people from all around the world.

Provided a nice winter wardrobe for work. Managers were very laid back.
Pros
free ski lift tickets
Unique workplace
Grooming Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAJune 18, 2018
Working for vail resorts really depends on your boss. Some resorts have tons of fun and awesome staff. Others have horrible bosses that are no fun (at least in the corporate world). You get a ski pass and if you have a cool boss you get to ski whenever. But if your boss sucks then good luck trying to get out to ski.
Productive workplace
Mountain Ops (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJune 18, 2018
I love working for Vail Resorts. I have great managers that care about my success in the workplace. I hope to continue working for them in the future.

Want to know more about Vail Resorts?

Ask a question
Great to be able to enjoy the mountains but not worth it in the end
Technician (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 17, 2018
I worked full time with a super specialized skillset in an entry level job. It was a great job for what it was, only problem is that I was led to believe I could turn it into something more. After conversations with my manager, turns out they were making promises to me so I wouldn't leave. And, in fact I had no future there over base pay. If you have good skills, I'd caution you invest them elsewhere, because management would rather replace you than value you. And that's the higher up mentality and it trickles down to the mid level management and so on. Think of it as a good starting out job in Colorado, with benefits and a ski pass, but just watch out for yourself and use it how they've designed it. A stepping stone to move on quickly.
Pros
Good atmosphere with relatively relaxed environment, access to nature, benefits
Cons
Management, Pay, Cost of living in the area where jobs are concentrated
Good Starting Point
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 14, 2018
If you're fresh out of college looking to gain some experience in the work place, Vail Resorts is a good starting point. If you're looking to move up within the company or are already established in your career, this isn't the place for you.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor Management and hard to move up in the company
Fun Place great for new grads and Colorado Transplants
Legal and Public Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 13, 2018
It delivers a great place to learn what being a profssional in colorado is all about. Work hard play harder. Enjoyed most of working for Vail, but like everything- it could be done better.
Beautiful place to work
Customer Service at Beano's Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 12, 2018
I worked at a restaurant on the mountain and it was beautiful, the compensation was low but it was pretty fun, hard work but fun. The free ski pass made it worthwhile.
Productive training and work site
Route Bus driver, CDL (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJune 11, 2018
Vail Resorts allowed me to work well with plenty of time off to do other things in life. Vail resorts were organized and were able to allow staff to trade scheduled hours.
Pros
Good lunch break, friendly team, work well, play well.
Cons
season ends
Great place to work if you want to be broke and stoned
Operator (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJune 9, 2018
The pay is sub par, and refered to as the "vail scale", expect to make half of what a job is worth. Most skilled people leave due to low pay and frustration of working with idiots. The turn over is very high and most people don't have the experience to know what they are doing
Pros
Skiing, relaxed
Cons
Low pay, very frustrating
Vail Resorts in general is a very poor place to work. This corportion takes advantage of young people. Expect the world for very little in return.
Administrative Assistant - (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAJune 9, 2018
Management is disrespectful to staff. The working conditions a very poor. The buildings are old and unsafe. Vail Resorts is only interested in the share holders. The take advantage of young people who have no where else to work in communities that are usually resort areas.
Pros
no pros
Cons
only two paid holidays per year. Stressfull accross the entire company
Wonderful organization, awesome culture
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 6, 2018
Vail Resorts was an awesome company to work for. Although I only spent 2 months there as a summer intern, I learned a ton while also being treated as a member of the team. If you like an exciting, challenging, team oriented workplace, Vail Resorts is the place for you!
Mountain town living
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 6, 2018
I worked for Vail over twenty years ago so I am sure the culture has changed quite a bit. I cannot comment on them now as it has been to long since my employment there.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Working for a huge corperation that does not value the low level employee
Enjoyed learning my job
Busboy/dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Avon, COJune 3, 2018
People were professional and friendly. It was a good work environment, good work ethic and expectations. We worked individually and as a team very well, to give the customers the best service.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Seasonal