Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Ability to take a career as far as a person would like
Customer Service, PR, Ski Instructor, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vail, COApril 30, 2018
Working for Vail Resorts was one of the most supportive, energizing and growth-promoting workplaces I've experienced. I had the opportunity to both focus on a vocation I was passionate about as well as explore other jobs across different departments with complete support.
Pros
Training, self-directed work, creativity
Cons
Often outdoors in challenging weather, extremely high cost of living in the area
Fun place to work
Team Lead, Product Sales/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 28, 2018
Great company to work for. Only down side is there are few year-long, full-time positions. Most opportunities are seasonal. I recommend this company to all.
Enjoyable work environment with room for growth for those who work hard
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vail, COApril 27, 2018
Enjoyable work environment with generally enthusiastic colleagues. Corporate structure can be challenging to navigate. However, if you spend enough time working your way up the corporate ladder, those who work hard will rise to the top.
Fun workplace
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 24, 2018
Vail is a fun place to work, day in and day out. However, it's a trade-off. Their flex-time is the best benefit. You can leverage a lot of days off. But they rarely promote from within and they pay less than market.
Pros
Flex-time
Cons
Lower pay
Great Company to work for
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edwards, COApril 22, 2018
I think Vail Resorts is a great company to work for that cares about their employees and the environments that they do business in. They are focused on providing exceptional customer service.
Vail is amazing
Customer Sales & Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CO 80021April 19, 2018
Vail is a great company to work for and I am proud to say I work here. I strongly encourage anyone to apply as they have the strongest management development training on the job market! It’s hard to not work for a place that is all about creating an experience and having fun.
utah has great snow
ski patrol (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 16, 2018
clock in, suit up, boots on, ride lifts to shack, morning runs, run injured guests off mountain, eat lunch, work projects, fix ropelines, snow safety, punch out
Fun
RESERVATION AGENT (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COApril 16, 2018
If you to live and work at Ski Resort this is easy way to do it. Vail sets you with job easily and provides employee housing that gets deducted from paycheck.
fun place to work at
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 3, 2018
but it hard work up there with lots of the snow and other stuff were going on up there and some time i was fall down on ice and when then i go to store get stuff i have no car
They think a free ski pass compensates for poor pay and benefits.
Central Reservations Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 3, 2018
Terrible pay, but the CEO has a villa at Vail. Benefits take 5 months to get, and then their sub-standard. The management team is entirely incompetent. A bunch of ski bums who think they know how to sell. They mislead customers to get the sale. They say they're into ethics, but they don't walk the walk.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Terrible benefits. Don't live up to their values.
Better office view
Lift Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmot, WIApril 3, 2018
Overall Vail Resorts was a fun place to work, though you need to be at one of their larger resorts to have any type of career advancement. Free ski pass is nice
Pros
Free Ski Pass
Cons
Typical corporation mentality you are only a number
Great Place for entry level positions
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COMarch 23, 2018
Vail Resorts is a great place to grow your resume. Not the highest paying company for living in a resort town. Very seasonal work and very seasonal area to live.
Pros
Great health insurance, and epic ski pass
Cons
low pay, managemet isnt great
Great job for my school and living situation.
Children's Ski School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COMarch 19, 2018
Being a college student this job has been perfect for me. I have been able to learn so much about the industry while being able to work as much as I needed to. I have been there for 3 years and I have greatly enjoyed my instructing experience. Allows me to work with people every day in a happy environment and get the opportunity to help people improve at a great activity.
Pros
Free lunches, wide variety of discounts, opportunity to work a lot.
Great working and living in the mountains
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 14, 2018
It is just great living and working in the mountains. You will have long hours at times. Low wages for frontline staff members does create a difficult situation attaining staff as well as retainment with the high cost of living in the mountain areas.
Pros
Ski pass, food discount, retail discount.
Cons
Super fun place to work.
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Avon, COMarch 14, 2018
Excellent work culture. Paid training and free season pass to multiple ski resorts. Discounts on snow gear and other great benefits. Job security is low for it is a seasonal job.
Good seasonal job
Hostess/Food Expo (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, ColoradoMarch 12, 2018
The restaurant industry is very demanding, often there was a lack of respect amongst staff members which made working as a team rather difficult. The overall vibe with J1's was great, very friendly people. Great way to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Long hours, no time and a half on holidays such as christmas or new year, very few tips if you aren't a server.
Productive and fun company with great benefits
Regional Group Reservations Manager (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 11, 2018
I have worked on and off at Vail Resorts for almost 10 years now in many different positions. I highly recommend working for Vail if you enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and living in the mountains.
Pros
Discounts on gear, get to live and work in beautiful places
Cons
Not the best pay
Just Don't
Heavenly - Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 10, 2018
Don't work for Vail Resorts. The employees treat each other horribly, the management treats the employees horribly, and the customers treat the employees horribly. The only enjoyable part of this job is the snowboarding.
Pros
Free Season pass
Cons
They treat their employees horribly.
Fun, laid back, job for skiers.
Epic Mix Photographer (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAMarch 9, 2018
I enjoyed this job but because of the nature of the season, I find myself fighting to get adequate hours. Pay is good but again lack of hours in a "full time" position make it hard to return.
Awesome culture
Children's Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 9, 2018
If you are looking for a job that fits your culture and lifestyle, this is for you! Everyone there wants to succeed and advance to make more money. There are SO MANY opportunities. The management is really awesome about working with your schedule and health. Honestly, no real complaints.
Pros
free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight