Valassis, Inc Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 13, 2018
This is a warehouse with very old machines that break down a lot. There’s no AC, so imagine working there in the heat of the summer. They’re only advice to you is to stay hydrated. You’re on your feet in the gear for about 10 1/2 of the 12 hour shifts.
Focus on socially getting family and friends too work together. Instead of correcting problems with in the company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
Racist environment if your not Spanish speaking.
Like to hire family and friends
Family members and friends hold key positions with out being qualified. A lot of key managements position are held by Spanish speaking members that will look out for their people
Long days for lower staff members
Upper management gets their 2 to 3 days off per work.
Good pay if not salary
Pros
Pay
Cons
No steady days off
Excellent place to work for
Procurement Assistant (Contractor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 24, 2018
Management was very helpful for my commitment to help during my temporary assignment. The provided group lunches and I was to know my fellow employees more intimately.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Too short.
Challenging and Crazy at times
Field Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
I was supporting several sales reps and tons of accounts. One of the sales reps was extremely disorganized which made my job hard. The other sales reps were on the golf course or goofing off most of the time and I did all the work running their clients' ad campaigns. I worked from home quite a lot which I enjoyed but also very long hours. They changed their policy and started to require account coordinators to go into the office which seemed like a huge waste of time for me when I could be at home working in my shorts instead of commuting. I never got a raise in the time I worked there.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lazy Sales Reps
work schedule
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 8, 2018
no set off days due to you work with the mail so you must finish getting the packages out no matter the time. but the will try and get a day off it just my be a off day, so no set off days ever.
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2018
Nice to work there great environment great persons. You get a bunch of overtime . your feel welcome your co-workers will help. Fun environment...
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
Work weekends
Work with great people;
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 1, 2018
We had a great group in accounting. Managers and staff genuinely cared for one another. Managers treated staff with respect and in returned earned their trust and dedication. Workload depended on closing or non-closing timeframes. Closing deadlines were tight with longer hours while non-closing hours were somewhat regular. Workload was distributed by associate with new assignments added as proficiency and knowledge grew.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Volume of growth initiatives and non supporting systems
Casual, friendly environment - Management lacking
Leader, Reporting/Analysis/AR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 1, 2018
Valassis was once a great place to work. Recent business decisions have led to headcount reductions, forcing remaining employees to do more with less. The business is suffering because of it and revenues are drastically lower than expected/normal.
Great company
Strategic Team Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 30, 2018
Great company to work for. This company will align itself with partners to continually to grow in order to stay in front of the newest tech. Always the leader in print marketing, Valassis is well known
Pros
Publically traded company
Cons
Valassis isn't as known as its marketing (redplum)
Miss this place
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 29, 2018
Best job I ever had. I wish I never left. Would love to go back. Still know people that work there, I made some good friends working there. Work there almost a decade. Fell short due to personal/medical issues and left the company.
Good company to work for.
Several Positions (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 25, 2018
Valassis, a Harland Clarke Holding Company is a good company to work for. They have competitive pay. They have a great benefits package. I would go back there if I could.
Maintenance Tech
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2018
Move and repair,production insert machinery. Work in a production atmosphere to keep production down time to a min.Able to communicate with machine operators to diagnose machine failures. Order , receive,and stock parts. Look at blueprints to repair machines. Run electric,plumbing,and communication cables .Do building mantenance, plumbing, hvac,and safety checks.
Pros
11 Countries Represented
Cons
Fast pace
Quick paced and flexible
bagger (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2018
Can work whenever as long as you get it done not stressful very flexible and easy to do. its a great part time job i like working with the public.i really like it but there is no advancement
Pros
can work whenever and hours are flexible
Cons
time consuming
Stodgy old print company struggling to adopt a meaningful digital strat
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 3, 2018
Valassis offered some good learnings in audience data and targeting at the household level. I worked with great people and learned about large enterprise sales. Where Valassis struggled for some tine, was to find a solid digital solution outside the CPG coupon redemption model. Digital consumer data was dumbed-down to the household level to mirror legacy direct response newspaper and direct mail platforms.
Pros
Large company infrastucture
Cons
Slow to adopt
Good work, nice management
Senior Telecom Tech (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 29, 2018
Ive had great management and alot of learning. been able to have a great work life balance. Communication from parent co down is lacking, and comp and benefits aren't great.
Pros
nice leaders, management
Cons
comp, benefits
I learned a lot
Client Services Account Management (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 27, 2018
Many opportunities for growth and I learned so much here from client relationship marketing to project management, to group projects and opportunities to become a SME on different products.
N/a
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2018
Do not work here. RUN! No room for advancement. There is always unnecessary change, management is horrible and doesn’t have clear direction. They want to give you a smaller job title so they can pay you less than you deserve.
Keeps you busy
Client Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 22, 2018
The work is entertaining to say the least. There is opportunity to learn and improve your skills unfortunately there is nowhere to go with your improved skills. They pay was definitely fair in a good way.
Fast pace
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 21, 2018
Locate pallets with correct codes and take pallets to the correct machine so the operator can load machine .Havw to use sheets of paper ro sind location pf pallet2.
Pros
Free lunxhes
Cons
Extra hours work
Valassis is in a state of tranistion; as a result of Harland Clarke acquiring the company.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 19, 2018
Valassis has a great consumer focus, for external clients. As a result of acquisitions; the Company is going through a reorganization and eliminating the positions of many long-term associates in CT & MI. Jobs are being moved to TX and employees are being hired at at lower pay grade with fewer accrued benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valassis, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight