Valassis, Inc Employee Reviews

Steady place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2019
Working here was a very nice change of pace from working in the restaurant business. It was a very calm relaxed place to work. They had a well organized management team.
Valassis - a great place to work
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 2, 2019
Valassis is a great place to work, good team work and collaboration. Work hard to receive great rewards. Freedom to excel in your own way - good leadership.
Pros
salary
Cons
work from home
Productive family oriented company
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIMay 28, 2019
Good work place and environment 10 hr schedule good people and the company actually cares abt their people. Fast paced job working on a machine you have to keep up with production
Great Beginning and Sad Ending
Client Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2019
When I began at Valassis, the perks were great and the culture was awesome. It was fun to work there and great people too. Through poor management it went down pretty quickly. When I left, the culture had greatly diminished and most people just came in to pay the bills.
Pros
Good work/life balance and great people
Cons
Poor management and poor compensation
Productive and well paced place to work.
Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 17, 2019
It was a wonderful job that i neglect leaving. They treat their employees with respect. The managers went above and beyond. Their enployees were well trained.
very slow paced
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, MIMay 17, 2019
Valassis is an assembly job where you are going to be on your feet all day. You get two breaks. The job itself is fast paste as the machines are always going but the hours drag.
Fast paced heavy lifting job working with grouos of 3 to 8 people
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 10, 2019
Fast paced heavy lifting job but it was an easy job (in my opinion. I really liked the job and got along well and respected my managers. We worked in groups b in machine assembly lines and got the job done fast.
Pros
Great lunch room, food items, pay and benefits
Cons
Manditory saturdays
Valassis Auburn (TECHNICIAN)
Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 23, 2019
This is the worst job i've ever had, it's a joke. I worked for a week before it was enough for me. The lady they had train me was very rude, we are literally putting ads in a row on a machine, this is the most depressing work place with no culture. Old bitter women and men who take pride in putting pieces of paper on a machine for ten hours a day. Management walking around like they own you not saying a word. A JOKE! I work an office position now and couldnt be more happy to get out of this stupid company.
Cons
Terrible management, people, culture, environment all of the above
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2019
This company is going through a lot of layoffs. It was a nice place to work while I was there but after 8 years, it didn't feel very stable or like a safe place to be.
Fed employees on holidays, was able to take time off, and during the summer basketball was available to employees
Production Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 15, 2019
The Valassis Company was not a difficult place to work at, if your a person who like to move around on a day to day basis; If your lazy Valassis will not be a good fit for you; I didn't like how the schedule intervened with my life at times because A lot of weeks I would work less than needed and then suddenly another week the workload would pick up; Co workers were friendly and bosses were pretty cool about working with the employees on time off except for busy work weeks; Overall I believe Valassis is a descent place for employment;
Pros
Free lunch on holidays, Play basketball on summer breaks, Ability for time off
Cons
Work 40+ hours 1 week, Work 20-30 hours the next week, no room for advancement
Houston Office will evenutally close
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  HoustonApril 1, 2019
There are some really amazing people in the Houston office-with exception of the upper management.
There is an 'inner circle' and if you are not part of this inner circle, you can forget about promotions, raises, opportunities on special projects, etc. The inner circle is not chosen due to their excellence in job performance- it's all about the buddy system. They do not even attempt to hide it, it is blatant and has destroyed morale.
Company lay-offs happen quarterly, and there have been 3 CEO's in a year.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
low morale and favortism
Constantly in flux
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 26, 2019
This company re-orgs more times than you and I change underwear. Constantly being sold. OK pay, but you work hard for it and aren't appreciated. Zero loyalty.
Was great two years ago , no day by day we almost hit our hours 38 or 36 a week
Uber & Lyft driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 24, 2019
I was feel Valassis its like my home , but three years i still suffering,,, pay poor every two weeks ... people there are friendly and nice ..... I improved my skills and they training me as well
Don’t do it!!
Client Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
The title is “customer service”, however you are doing an account managers job and not getting properly compensated. Headquarters in Livonia and that’s where all the jobs are. There is no advancement in the Houston area. Although the company continues to acquire other companies, there has been a consistent pattern of layoffs over the last year and new and more task are added to the role. There’s no money in the budget to keep employees, however there is to have a director fly back and forth monthly, sometimes biweekly. The lack of direction in the Houston location and possibly others should keep employees on their toes and looking for other opportunities. Most managers/supervisors manage with fear, however they should know, their jobs are not guaranteed secure as they’ve seen with 2 supervisors last year. BEWARE!
Pros
Casual dress, pto
Cons
Overload of work, no real work life balance, workplace politics
Very productive
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 19, 2019
Started on the assembly line as a stacker then promoted on the forklift. I operated battery forklifts as well as the pallet jack lift and the reach truck. Loaded the pallets on a shrink wrap machine and weighed each pallet for the 18 wheeler purposes.
Alright work environment but no upward mobility
Associate Targeting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day at Valassis includes normally at least 3 meetings that range in terms of productivity. There are a lot of meetings for people to just get an idea what other projects are being worked on. Besides work you are normally just on the grind creating reports for needy sales people.
I learned a lot about data base analysis and using different marketing approaches to identify key consumers.
The workplace culture is not great here. They expect a lot out of their workers without little advancement and don't try to give many perks in return.
The hardest part of the job is that upper management expects a lot of over time out of its workers without knowing what they do and then not providing any way for upward mobility. More of a stepping stone job.
If you like data analysis and big data it can be interesting to see geographic trends.
Pros
Work from home one day a week, can choose start time and length of lunch
Cons
No upward mobility, promotions, or significant raises once hired in
Great benefits but the culture needs to change
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 6, 2019
Great benefits with a lot of time off. No work life balance. Is all about numbers and they dont care for the employees. Company dont want to invest money in replacing out dated equipment but yet they want to see results.
Fast paced
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2019
It was an ok place to work, but on some things they tell you one thing and make it a different thing . I enjoyed working with the people that were there.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Short breaks
fun place to work
National Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2018
Company is trying to move from a print Advertising company to a Digital and have no idea what they're doing. Upper management makes bad decisions on everything. Training is very poor.
Pros
Great compensation packages
Cons
They had upper management people that were unqualified
Horrible Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 21, 2018
I worked for the Clipper division , and the management was unprofessional , unqualified, lazy and greedy that were basically promoted into management years ago because they were friends with original owners and OR did unethical practices such as many in upper management and they all cover up for each other so its a circle of protection including HR dept that does nothing about obvious unethical practices going on ... Remember if majority have reported same exact issues and unethical practices - Stop covering and claiming disgruntled employees and brush under the rug... You will never be treated fairly nor will your concerns be addressed it will just be covered up for upper management to get promotions and you will be left in the dust
Pros
has a good product
Cons
bullying management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valassis, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss