Valassis Direct Mail Employee Reviews

Productively is awesome
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I totally enjoy work at this location and would go back any day. The work environment is safe and clean. Totally an indoor working environment for every one.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Productive and professional work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 27, 2018
I highly recommend Valassis as a great place to work. If you love hands on fast paced work it is a very work friendly place and the workers are great people to be around and they show you step by step what you suppose to do and help you if you get backed up at anytime.I enjoyed working for this company and it also helps you grow more in the ware house field.
Pros
great lunch area
Cons
short breaks
Fast- Paced if you're doing your work correctly.
Technician 2 Operator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 22, 2018
Good people, OK place to work.
Wouldn't recommend to a friend.
Hard to balance life and work for the amount of money being paid, not worth it unless you are a young kid looking for a foothold and a work reference. If you stay too long you'll stay forever.
you can build a career here
Administrator- Contract Monitoring Team (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 2, 2018
many opportunities for growth and lateral moves
workplace culture tries hard to give a work/home life balance, including offering flex time opportunities
Pros
culture, knowledge building
Cons
industry changes
Tough place for someone new
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2018
Difficult setting for a new supervisor, as long-term employees dictate action and there is no support from HR or site management. Also difficult for new line employees, who had to face condescension and a training environment of ridicule.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Poor management
Thankful for my time there if anything
Tech 1 Feeder/Bander (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2018
There could be many ways to describe my time at Valassis. If anything, I'm thankful for my time there. I met some good people there and also had some good times
the best place for work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2017
I understand the expectations from the company and the branch.I engage and motivate in my team and all aspects in order to achieve the goals.
I have been a proactive participant in improving the quality for my work.I used the time very efficiently,setting priorities,focusing on the main issues and minimizing interruptions.
Pros
Constant motivation and recognition for everything that has been done.
Great Place To Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 25, 2017
Great people and great leadership.
Busy fast-paced work depending on which department you're in.
Room for advancement if you're willing to work hard and relocate.
Pros
Great atmosphere
good place to work
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2017
At work the place is safe, good environnement, good management, they always organize activities we have fun people respect each other. The hardest part of the job is when they are slow day.
n/a
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed the people I work with but the workload is way to heavy for the pay. There is also a nice Cafe downstairs but their prices also are not too fair.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 28, 2017
Everyday i would come to work my supervisors would provide coffee and breakfast for all the employees. Throughout the day the work environment was very busy and extremely productive.
Productive and fun place with mutual respect and family atmosphere
Electro Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
I have been with this company for 9 years and it is been very good to me. In this time I also have transfer from Newark, California to Orlando, Florida. The Orlando branch is closing down since they company is downsizing and relocating. I like to stay in Orlando close to my family hence I am looking for a job in Orlando instead of relocating with the company.
Good place to work for.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Florence kyJanuary 11, 2017
We worked 12hr shifts had 2 15minute breaks and 30minutes for lunch. We worked inside and sometimes it was very hot. People that worked there were very friendly.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Very hot in summer
I watched the moral of associates slowly deteriorate over years.
Senior Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 19, 2015
When I started with the company it was the best place I ever worked. After the economy tanked ADVO, Inc was purchased by Valassis Inc. As the economy remained bad and due to company re-alignments and management changes the atmosphere and moral became very low.
Company purchased causing many positions to be eliminated
Sr. Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 29, 2015
Good company to work. Management sometimes supportive when good ideas brought to them regarding a simpler way to achieve certain goals.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working directly with the clients to achieve their goals and also the goals for the company.
The hardest part of my job was telling clients that their advertising was not being released for reasons beyond my control. But, always willing to work with them to resolve.
New and worthwhile things learned every day.
horrible
Shipping tech (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 20, 2015
this is the worst company I ever worked for. was promised raises and advancement that never came about. management only cares about them selves and not the employees
No job security, tough to move up, lacks compensation
Account Management (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 4, 2015
Very tough to move up in any department, although they like to see internal applicants for positions. Compensation is lack thereof, you really don't get paid for the work you perform. The goals they put forth on the reviews are set high because "it would be too easy if anyone could achieve them"- just another way for them not to give you a raise.
Pros
work/life balance
I'm a hard worker and I deserve better.
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 9, 2014
The labor of the job is fine no big deal and the benefits were pretty cool, but the management or lack there of was horrible. Hard work goes unappreciated if you're not gossiping with management. It would be easier to resolve of problem with a fellow associate, but when it's people in higher positions it makes it a lot harder to remain productive when they do things to you just out of spite. Let's just say when I quit I felt bad for those who were still there under the supervision of those awful people.
Pros
labor and healthcare
Cons
higher positions holders lack work ethics.
Cross training is a major part of the groups activities
Transportation Planner and Statement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 13, 2013
Employees are a great group and always willing to help you out.
I enjoyed working for Valassis but it was time to move on.
Invoice Services Rep - Accounting (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 17, 2013
I worked for the company for nine years creating contracts for direct mail advertizers. I also worked in Invoice Services for six of those years reconciling client accounts and correcting invoices.

My co-workers were wonderful, management was great, the hardest part of the job was leaving to move to North Carolins.