Valbin Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very Fun!
CRP Casualty Role Player (Former Employee) –  Butlerville, INJuly 4, 2018
Loved working for Valbin Corporation as a CRP. Triage was nicely conducted, set up for decontamination was nice and kept CRP warm while it was cold out.
Pros
Water was provided through shift
Always Pay Problems
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  DC Capital regionApril 4, 2018
The only way I was able to get paid properly is when I threatened to walk off a job in the middle of the project jeopardizing their contract. I know of others who struggled to get their proper compensation. If you are in the DC, MD or VA area avoid this company. They may operate differently with contracts outside the DC area, but avoid if you are in the Capital region.
Pros
Honeymoon period is great...they promise you the moon
Cons
Ineffective management
Worst company to work for
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 23, 2018
Worst company and management. The owner is one greedy person and she shouldn't be given our tax money to this company. Think twice before working here
Bad
great place to work
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Ft. Knox, KYNovember 18, 2017
Lane lead made the difference He let role players play their roles as long as they stayed in side their script.I had fun while still knowing I helped the students achieve the training they needed .I will go back with Valbin if they call me.
Pros
great place to role play
nice place to work
Translator, Roll player (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 13, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at makepositive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
stressful, low comp, management bad, don't work here
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 13, 2017
I have never experienced anything like I have at Valbin. It has been extremely stressful to continuously work for someone who berates you does not value her employees. I don't understand how someone can be in business as long as she While reading other reviews, the common issue is the management. You would think after reading all nasty reviews about the management style something would change..no wrong. I have been working for company for 3 years ( I am probably one of their oldest employees FYI). You will not see any familiar faces because CEO knows how to push good ones out. Instead she brings incompetent people in just like her corporate staff. They all demeaning and give you false promises/hope. for years we have begged for raises..other companies give out raises quarterly/annually. here, you wait 3 years to get pennies increased on your check. Corporate staff get treated much better then us. we are like bottom feeders to her. Instead of giving corporate staff all the extra bonuses spare some for the people who actually do the work that get you paid. what is wrong with you?
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything is terrible here
Pay Problems
Role Player (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 4, 2017
Every pay day, there were problems with getting my check due to mailing to the wrong address (which was allegedly corrected after the first mismailing but still repeated). It became so frustrating that I simply resigned after only about two months. The gig is easy to do, but the handling of our payment is not too great.
Pros
easy job
Cons
not so easy getting paid
Relaxing Place to work
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Summit Point, WVJuly 27, 2017
This was a great part time job. It was relaxing, but fun. The people that I worked with were great and all got along really well. I only wish it was a full time opportunity.
Pros
Relaxing, good pay
Cons
Part-time
Great management team
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Butlerville, INJuly 21, 2017
Very professional Company. Field work is just one problem after another, but this company overcame all with flying colors. Management was right on top of things. Administrative problems at the start, but....the company quickly took care of that. I was impressed by the team spirit, and as an individual that had not worked with them before, I never felt like an outsider but one of the team.
Foreign Language Specialst
Foreign Languages Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 14, 2017
I worked at Valbin Corporation as a Senior Cultural Adviser and as a Foreign Languages Specialist. Valbin Corporation is the best corporation. They have excellent management, professional colleagues, well educated trainers and Instructors.
On time payment.
No comments
Linguist/Role Player (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2016
No comments regarding this company. It was a short contract with very few interaction with the company representatives, but the company adhered to the contract all the time.
No Work/Life Balance, inflexible, terrible management, don't apply
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  BethesdaJuly 26, 2016
The management style is not like any other federal contractor. They milk the government for money and use it to their advantage. They don't provides raises for outstanding work. Expect you to do everything for less than a penny.They treat you terribly and always criticize you for what they think is "not doing your job". You cannot simply get off by doing your basic job descriptions, they always require you to do more. The managers are tyrants and are terrible at communicating with one another. Than they turn back at you and yell at you for their miscommunication. There is always high turnover here, a total of 18 people have left since I've started. Specifically because the program director puts so much pressure on you that you explode.

When you're sick, you cannot even recover. The stress from the job makes it hard.

Unrealistic and high stress environment. Would not recommend for anyone.
Pros
decent lunch places (always have to call your order ahead)
Cons
no work/life, terrible management
Terrible Work Conditions
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 23, 2016
The owners of this company are unethical and do not care about their employees. The owners come in at 3 pm and keep the employees at the office late. They will call in the morning at 9 am to make sure everyone is at their desk. Meanwhile the female owner is shopping for expensive outfits and getting her hair done in the morning and her husband is clueless and comes in with his lunch and watches soccer on his big screen tv in the conference room. He also has his family and friends in his office during work hours and is very loud and obnoxious. It is a sweat shop mentaility and they rip off the government as a sport. These people should be put out of business. If you like working in a small crowded office and treated like a slave, this is the job for you.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, no work life balance and stressful conditions
The worst and cheapest owner and managers I have ever worked with
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 1, 2016
The worst and cheapest owner and managers I have ever worked with; they should not be in this type of business as they treat their employees with no respect or value. The owner is dime and nickle cheap piece of dirt counting pennies on employees paying no annual raise ever. Health insurance is way more expensive than buying your own from the market.
No pay
Role Player (Current Employee) –  Charles Town, WVMay 7, 2016
Got hired to role play. Took 7 weeks to get one days pay. Haven't seen a penny since. I just don't go anymore. On printing this, my review wasn't long enough but, there really isn't anything more to say. I've had to resubmit info several times and got no answer or response. When I take a job I do the job and I want the pay promised, not more promises.
Pros
They offer good money.
Cons
You don't get paid.
Inefficient and unfriendly working environment
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 13, 2015
The Valbin Corporation is a poorly managed, inhospitable, and unsustainable business. The CEO is a hostile unrelenting tyrant who conducts them-self in a very disrespectful and unprofessional manner. The business often violates legal standards for compensation and benefits. Upon arriving to the company you receive no training and are personally attacked and chastised in group settings for the mismanagement of the company. Valbin's Corporate office houses 8 employee. Within the last 12 months Valbin has seen 14 employees resign their position due to the conduct and disrespect of the CEO and the hostile work environment. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Fun easy job, but horrible planning
Cob (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 22, 2015
Worked a COB for 2.5 weeks. The job was fun as a role player yet management hardly knew any information about the objectives. Made the job extremely hard to do effectively. Also it's been over a month since it has ended and have yet to get a single penny for it. Everyone I've contacted about it at say they are sorry I haven't received my pay yet or that it was sent out last week so I should. They clearly do not care about their temp employees.
Pros
Outdoors, fun, new people
Cons
Management, very slow to pay....hope I get paid.
Army Base translator
Foreign Language Specialist (FLS) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 30, 2015
Translated arabic to english for American soldiers. Helped conducted language classes and interpretations. The best part of the job was meeting new people and learning the way the Army works.
Valbin
Force Protection Analyst- Culture Advisor linguist (Current Employee) –  Leggett, CAMarch 31, 2015
Great company to work for. Great management. Nice and hard worker co-workers to work with. Working condition can be harsh in the field. Even though it can be hard being away from home, it is still enjoyable with a great team to accomplish the goals.
Worked as a Spanish Interpreter
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Camp Bullis, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Worked as a Spanish Interpreter helping in a military Field Training Exercise in Camp Bullis, TX.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valbin Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.