Valeant Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Average place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 14, 2018
Hired experienced people--too short of time period to establish goals

Good access to upper management until a problem arises

Not much of a product line
Great Leadership
Ocular Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 11, 2018
Bausch Health has a very positive leadership team. Starting from the top to direct District managers. The ability to have autonomy and still have direction from management is one of the best parts of working for Bausch. The overall culture is a positive one.
Pros
Company Car, Free B & L contact lenses, and good health care benefits
Cons
Time required to earn more vacation
Overall it’s an ok place to work but it could definitely use a lot of improvements.
Package Assembler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 24, 2018
At Valeant Pharmaceuticals the people are very nice and helpful. The pay is not bad but I think it should be increased due to the work we do. I don’t think it is a family oriented company due to the way they do somethings as far as our hours are concerned. I would love to retire from here but they have to do a lot of improvements in my department and the plant itself.
Pros
Good breaks, good supervisor, and the people are nice.
Cons
We could get paid more and they need to be more considerate of your family life.
Manufacturing Assc. is a great position to have and fast pace
Packer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 10, 2018
Its a very friendly atmosphere,the work is not hard at all..its just a lot of work where you have to stay focus.Hours are great and great time off weekends
Great compensation, Turn over very high
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC , Maryland , VirginiaSeptember 3, 2018
My day consisted of driving 150 -175 miles daily, seeing 10 clients daily. Lunches or dinners 2-3 times weekly. Allowed to work territory as my own personal company.
Pros
allow to work your territory in your own successful manner
Cons
management and visions change rapidly
Valeant
Federal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2018
The company has been good to me in terms of providing a place to work but it is not a place I can see growth.

The companies need to work more together vs separate.
A nice place to work with great employees!
Manager, Meetings & Events (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 24, 2018
- The best BOSS!
- Workplace was a comfortable and enjoyable,surrounded by wonderful people to work with!
- Training team was the BEST!
- Long hours!
- Lunch and Learn Seminars which was helpful as new employee
Bausch and Lomb
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 24, 2018
12 hour rotating shifts. Manager never see you work but still review you at the end of the year with some generic copy and paste despite how hard you work. Business is dying, and lack of management and anything even close to a business strategy is causing it to just sink further into the red. This is at bausch and lomb in Rochester, one of valeants "better" companies....
A company with a bright future, but a dark past
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 22, 2018
Valeant is a large pharma company that is working its way out of a shady past that has left a bit of a mess for current employees. The company looks to be on its way to a successful future, but its poor management and lack of company culture make it nearly impossible for employees to look forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
Compensation, Ceo, Company has a bright future
Cons
Work Life Balance, Culture, Management
Repetative and stressful workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2018
Baush and Lomb is a company who produces millions of units yearly however they lack in communication and organization skills. They need to inprove in compensating their employees.
Terrible company
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2018
This company and all levels of management use fear to motivate its salesforce. Even after I won a presidents club award the manager called the next day to complain about how I do my job. A rep can never do enough. Terrible experience left even gave up my award trip
Pros
Cons
Pressure
too focused on cost, not product development
Digital Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 4, 2018
Nice place to work. Co-workers seemed all to be on the same page and had nice team work on projects. But, the company seemed to be too focused on cost and not product development/growth. Read other postings, it seems they have been called a fake pharma in the past that is more of a hedge fund.
Slave Ship
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 26, 2018
The management here expects you to be robots. No job security. Changes every month. They show favoritism to employees that have been there longer making it very difficult for a new person starting. Not welcoming at all. Sets very high expectations without providing the resources to get the job done. Never again.
Family Affair
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 24, 2018
Nepotism was the law of the land. If you were not related to someone, you had very little chance of security. You need to make sure you know the politics of the department you are going to work for before going out on a limb and letting people get to know you.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Nepotosm
Half and Half
MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAApril 11, 2018
The company is a good match for gaining experience if you're an entry level employee looking to move up, that's it. I used it as a stepping stone and bit the bullet when it came to being paid just so I could gain manufacturing and biopharma knowledge.Expect to start off on night shift as a contractor and wait about a year before being brought on full-time.
Pros
Great pay after becoming permanent
Cons
Most likely night shift, management micro manages alot
Great
Production & Machine Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
Amaizing company and services........ Good employees , clean work areas.........
Pros
Good money... Easy work
Cons
7days a week
Very fast pace and worked with a good team
Senior Director, Quality Operations and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Valeant. We went through many acquisitions and it was hard to keep Quality systems harmonized at the different sites. Upper Management was focused on acquiring companies and increasing the stock price.
Do Not Recommend
Credit and Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 21, 2018
I worked in the Credit and AR group and it was the worst experience in my life. There was a lot of finger pointing, and back stabing. Morale was like working at a funeral home. An episode of the Walking dead has more hope then that working in this group. Senior Mgmt does not want to invest in systems so the AR close takes 3 full business days because of two archaic systems never reconciling. Reporting is all done out of Excel. Only if you are desperate to meet your rent are car payment should you accept a job in this group. Otherwise does not compare to other company's of their size.
Pros
Gym, Cafateria
Cons
Systems, leadership, Morale
Pharma Company
Sales & Marketing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 24, 2018
New CEO has made some good changes overall, but workloads are tough and there's little mentoring or support. Lots of people given more work due to firings (some sudden and without notice).
Hated to Leave
Quality Technician V / Supplier Quality Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I hated to leave and I hope to find an opening in the new state I am living at. I felt very comfortable working here. A great group of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valeant Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight