Valencia College Employee Reviews

fast paced, student oriented
Staff Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 6, 2018
A typical day centered around routing students to the proper personnel providing clerical support for the Advisors. The fast paced environment can sometimes make it difficult and hectic but assisting the collegiate population in achieving their goals is extremely rewarding.  Support departmental clerical activities for college campus of over 11,000 students, managing appointments for about 20 staff members Interpret and explain policies and procedures to inquiring students Maintain data and student personal information in accordance with college policy and federal law Minimize wait time for students by screening questions, communicating with advisors, and managing queue software Ensure productive operation of the front desk and maintain a clean, safe, and positive environment conducive to student success
Pros
School Calandar work schedule
Cons
not a lot of room for growth
Great Place to Work
Full-Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
Wonderful Environment with Exceptional curriculum. Students were engaged in class and i enjoyed our interpersonal teacher/student relationships that were honed every semester.
Casual Part Time
Learning Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
Daily Interaction with Students. Casual part time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily interactions with professors and students. Management is improving. Focusing more on helping students rather than appearances.
Great academic environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 26, 2018
This is the second time I have worked for Valencia. It is an excellent college, and I am very glad to have an administrative support position here. Staff are treated well and recognized for their accomplishments.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
None.
Productive workplace
Fl. - Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2018
Great place for employment while in school. You met a lot of great people! However, don't count on making enough pay to support all bills in a normal independent lifestyle.
Excellent organization!
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
Great work culture. Great staff. Management that is involved with processes and goals. Great support from colleagues and staff! Great faculty development programs, workshops.
Workplace Culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2018
Nepotism is a very common practice College wide. All job descriptions include "Other duties as assigned".
Stressful place.
Curriculum Assistant/Math Tutor/Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 14, 2018
No advancement in workplace.
Low hours, not enough pay.
Hardest part was having to work with rude people.
Management did not listen to you.
Only cared about those with seniority.
Great Work Environment
CAMPUS TECHNICIAN SUPPORT SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2018
Working at Valencia allowed me to gain experience in the IT field, both as a Field Technician and Remote Support. Technology is an ever growing field and people will need help; learning the new the technology and how it is used, or simply troubleshooting the tech that isn't working.

I thoroughly enjoyed working as technician at Valencia because I was able to further develop my own critical thinking on how to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. The managers of Valencia East Campus are wonderful people and will work with you on hours and scheduling. The managers are easy to talk to about problems regarding any issues in the workspace/environment. They are always ready to help, along with the full time staff of ITs.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Limited Hours
Sometimes very stressful work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2018
A typical day at Valencia College consisted of a 6am - 2pm shift, controlling building access, while giving great customer service to a diverse population.
Underpay employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
Worked there for years. The environment was quite toxic. People who did good work were not encouraged and deans were usually not accommodating to professors.
Excellent Aspen Award Winning College
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2018
Valencia is a wonderful place to work with many opportunities and student centered. I am also a student here, working on my Bachelor degree in Business. I would recommend Valencia College for bother education AND employment!
I have worked at four the the six campuses of Valencia College and have found them all to promote a collegial environment in which to work.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2018
I typically teach three classes in the classroom and one or two online. I enjoy my face-to-face classes because the allow me a more personal interaction with individual students. Some have even claimed to have a good time in the process of learning about history and culture.
I have been fortunate to have had good supervisors and deans who have been supportive of my success as an adjunct instructor and who have fostered a congenial and collegial work-environment.
work place culture
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
I will say that, for the most part the people that work at Valencia are there to help the employees succeed in the world called life.You have some there like in every place, that are there to do a job and just go home, but overall it is a great to work there!
Overall it is a great place to work!!!
Data entry / keying in all new hire paper-work (Former Employee) –  District officeMay 20, 2018
I would say, that working in Valencia, you need to have a love for people since you are truly in the business of helping people succeed!! And Customer service should be a number one priority!!!
Valencia College Tutor
MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2018
Great place to work, management does need improvement. Recommend to use your resources provided by the front desk administrators. Community environment feels safe and relaxing.
Pros
free meals occassionally
Cons
low pay
Humanities
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2018
I teach classes in the humanities and enjoy to doing so. The students are great and make the classroom experience enjoyable. Summer is a great time for me as I can travel and research the areas that I take about in class.
Extremely LOW PAY and NO benefits
TESOL Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2018
While I have enjoyed the program I am teaching, the expectations of a Masters degree and extensive experience do not equate to the low pay from Valencia. Very poor.
Pros
Great program
Cons
Low pay and no benefits
Very top heavy
Program Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2018
Unfortunately you will not grow within this organization unless you have a connection. Good and bad managers like everywhere. Very difficult to move up.
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
very top heave
Flexible schedule not organized
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2018
Schedule is great for those with kids. They are growing too fast with not enough staffing. Most are overworked and under compensated in their positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valencia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight