Valent Biosciences Employee Reviews

Productive work environment & employees willing to teach you new skills & processes
Senior Accountant, Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there as a temporary contractor for several months backing up existing processes.during a financial system conversion, performing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, 1099 processing, invoice review/approval and posting, etc.
Excellent starter job
Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILJune 8, 2018
This company is fantastic at fostering the young professional and new scientist. If you are looking to learn many scientific principals in a fast paced research environment, this is a great company for you.
Pros
Great benefits - afforadable healtcare, retirement matching, Pto, etc.
Cons
Promotion
Fast paced with broad responsibility
Compliance Manager, Libertyville Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Fast paced with broad responsibility. A company with great growth and stability focus on expansion. Great opportunity to work with a small team with global reach
Slow, steady culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Significant business development potential but current leadership and owner culture not conducive to change and development. Part of a group with 'Shared Services' - but strong BU level operational culture sustains historical independence.
Pros
Lots of potential
Cons
Leadership team
Mixed Feelings
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILNovember 17, 2017
The place has some nice perks. Your never really stressed out and they give you free breakfast once a week, but a lot of the higher scientists are what you think of when people stereotype a scientist. Just kinda rude, abrasive, hot-headed, etc. It's just ruins the experience after a while.
Pros
Free breakfast once a week, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Lotta higher ups with really abrasive personalities
Innovative, resourceful and inspiring workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Grove, ILFebruary 13, 2017
There is never a dull moment on the job. I learn something new everyday. It is a fast paced environment with data production as a high priority. This company encourages creativity, personal and professional development, and team work. People are given a lot of freedom to work independently but are also encouraged to use co-workers and peers as resources. It is definitely a great place to build a career!
Pros
Tons of training opportunities, several company luncheons per year
Cons
In research - need PhD to advance
Great Culture
Production Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Osage, IASeptember 7, 2016
The company cultured is amazing and the coworkers are so helpful and knowledgable. The company has fostered some great talent at the leadership positions that can allow any person to grow their skillset.
Fast paced research and development with variety of projects
(analytical) chemist (Current Employee) –  Long Grove, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Valent Biosciences has been a fantastic company to work for. There was always something new to learn at their facility, which is one of the most important things for me in my professional career. My bosses never failed to push what I knew and were always open to questions about theory and practice in the laboratory and out.

I had multiple managers depending on what projects I was working on, each with their own personality and way of going about their job. As I progressed within my position they opened up to let me have a better understanding of the company itself.

My coworkers were of all different backgrounds, and it was refreshing to have a mix of different people around.
A medium-sized company
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILFebruary 14, 2013
Valent is a great place to work. For the most part, the management was very supportive and collegiate.
the company was not stable at my time of employment went through many by-outs and was on a down whirl continue of doing so
Sr International Customer Service (Former Employee) –  libertyvill ILJanuary 21, 2012
Not the greatest place to work for job security
The company was a spin of from a larger company so was going through many issues when I came on board. My position was not very secure from the beginning.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
many people we released do to downsizing