Valero Energy Corporation
68Average

Valero Energy Corporation Employee Reviews

United States1,350 reviews
Found 1,350 reviews matching the search
Extremely unorganized place to work. You meet new workers every week because no seems to stay working there for long. No type of way to advance yourself either.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Never chance to advance
Very good place to work
Very respectful manager and coworkers. Alwas room to grow within the company. Work with me when i needed it the most! Always professional
I worked for Valero at the retail store level for 9 1/2 years. This employer taught me work ethic and experience with a fast paced and high stress environment.
Pros
Fast paced, customer service
Cons
Pay should be better for type of work
I enjoyed my work while employed with Valero. My favorite part of the job was meeting new people and becoming more familiar with my community. I also enjoyed my work as it would keep me on my feet and steadily busy.
Good place to get experience and learn more from coworkers, courses. Company tends to send Engineers to continuing education courses that are very interesting.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It’s a classic old economy cultural setup-Micro management, strict hierarchy protocols, no feedback loops and very little freedom to innovate. Not a great place to derive professional satisfaction out of your daily work.

However, the company itself is great when it comes to community services. There are a lot of opportunities to contribute. Probably the only motivation to work at this place
The location was clean and great location to grow as an individual if you’re interested in a great career choice to be a manager they train you to work there
A very fun place to work with a very limited room to grow. Management is okay, a lot of upper management drama since HQ is not located locally. Technical Support can be a pain sometimes.
Pros
Hours, Promotions, Management
Cons
Pay Scale
Valero had a very structured and process driven organization where everyone knew their roll and teams were worked together for a long time on multiple projects.
Amazing company to work for, supportive of you, your family, and gives back to the workers and the community. Great pay and benefits package. Only left the job because my wife's job relocated us.
There is no Valero, they are now circle K, but my manager was great and we had some good times. There were not so many complaints when working with my manager
It's a good experience 😊The community always works together as one big happy family we are here to support wants and needs. If you don't like standin it's not for you.
The rotating shift work allowed time off to get personal items done.
The camaraderie of my fellow co-workers make the time go by faster.

I found the work challenging and rewarding. Valero made substantial contributions to United Way of the Coastal bend.
Scam artists . Rude no way to move up been there two years never got a raise .No overtime you are penalized for using sick days if they even allow it .
I worked there for three years. It was part time employment and I enjoyed the customers. I only worked weekend's and at the time my manager was great. When new manager took over she would not honor my part time status. I left the company for that reason.
careful with the employer will find any reason to fire you even if its not legitimate. the hours are good however only until you realize its due being short-handed on staff. current staff is moderate in term of friendly work environment.
Works well with my busy college schedule. I am happy to work for this company. The management is great. I really have enjoyed working there. This job has enhanced my ability to work with money and budgeting.
My supervisor was great. Different customer everyday was interesting and enjoyed working there. understandable person and coworkers were helpful......
The manager put alot on his employees, was always gone. Did not follow osha regulations when food was being prepared. The management was not very helpful when cashiers were behind
Starting at a entry level position and moving up quickly is very possible with this company. However the reason for that is due to most of the stores are understaffed.
The best part of working at Valero was the employees that I got to work with. I'd finish tasks and then take a break at the register to just talk to my fellow employee(s) and crack jokes. There are also some real great people who come into the store that you can talk to and get all sorts of stories from. It makes the job less stressful
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valero Energy Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Valero Energy Corporation.