Valero Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search See all 1,139 reviews
Bad management
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 14, 2018
This project was doomed due to Valero management. Valero dictated daily what could be done or not, so planning and being prepared was difficult. Each day was a struggle.
Fun and Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
At this job you would have to be on your feet all day, no breaks, just restroom breaks. Ive learned how to deal with customers, how to assist in a fast paced way. Our manager was an awesome person, would worry and help us as much as possible. Our environment was different everyday due to new customers or frequent customers coming in. The hardest part would be the stealing and stocking heavy supplies, other then that i loved the experience and meeting new people.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
too much responsibilities for a little pay
Awesome coworkers and management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 12, 2018
Good place to work in between jobs, easy pace, responsibilities are reasonable and lots of assistance if you need. wonderful place to work for students and high school kids.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
standing on feet
Valero
stocker/cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72903November 12, 2018
I would stock when I first got in and then I would get my cashier ready for service and open the store and sell several products and talk to customers.
Pros
Whatever was in the store was free for me.
Cons
It was not enough to make a living on.
A very stressful high paced job
Manager, Assistant Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 11, 2018
The store I worked at was very stressful and long hours. The first day on job, the manager walked out and I worked over 12 hours before someone came in.
Pros
A job
Cons
Very stressful
Work History at Valero
Pipefitter & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXNovember 9, 2018
Typical day at work was getting work orders, and going out and completing the work orders. As a supervisor I oversaw a crew of 12-15 people. I was in charge of electricians, pipe fitters, carpenters and contractors. I did computer based training classes. I did reports on computers and attended daily meetings.
After 35 years there, I learned quite a lot. That is the reason they put me into a supervisory position.

The hardest part of the job was getting all the work completed by the end of the work day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all work orders on time and in a safe manner. I also enjoyed working with many of the employees and established great friendships over the years.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 8, 2018
Got too meet lots of people an learn new things about being a cashier. Helping others when they needed to find something. Learning how to refill the things
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Sunray, TXNovember 7, 2018
Great place to work, high paying salary, great benefits, opportunity's to move up, great atmosphere, rotating shift work, .....,......
.........
.....
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
shift work
valero could be a better company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2018
There are no lunch breaks, you have to eat standing up between customers, its very hard to change schedule, getting days off was hard, holidays are required
Pros
its a job
Cons
guys work graveyard, underpaid, bad raises
Fun and Energetic Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 1, 2018
I learned how to deal with customers on a daily basis. My listen skill grew stronger and I learned how to handle pressure and responsiblities. Fun environment to work.
Pros
Store Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks

Want to know more about Valero?

Ask a question
Stable work and compensation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78209October 30, 2018
Working at Valero varies from area to area. Ive worked at locations near schools, and locations near bars. Each very different in what is being asked of you as a worker. In one store, you may have enjoyable customers whom you may develop healthy relationships with. In another store you may encounter belligerent customers on substances, and may have to actively keep them from the store or from harming customers. The Benefits are incredible though. You are able to set up a 401k and there is room for advancement. It may take some time, but you are able to headway in this company.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Danger level varies from store to store
Goid
Manager velero (Former Employee) –  Blythe, CAOctober 30, 2018
Good work experienxe it was fun and very exciting working with the community and getting to know employees of all sorts definitly a great job and company
Pros
Great franchise
Cons
Yup
Great Opportunity
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2018
I love working for Valero. I come in and sit and do my job. I work with a great group of people. If I need to get up and walk around I can. Valero is a great company to work for.
goood place of business and great place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXOctober 28, 2018
was good place to work if I could go back to work there I work great pay great hours, over time if you want understanding when you need off. over all great business place
Decent Place
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Pettus, TXOctober 27, 2018
Just come and do your best. Work hard and you will be noticed. Not much benefits from company but overall decent place to work. Not too stressful. Customer based workplace.
Lots of opportunity
Crude and Feedstock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 21, 2018
I am writing this because they want 150 characters of information to send to valero even though they say that they won't share this with anyone else. I
Awesome place to work!
Event & Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2018
You learn so much but at the same time are able to apply what you already know to situations. It is a small office, so you are able to interact with everyone in the office, in which, you can learn from all of them, and everything and variety they have to offer.
Not the best place to work
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 18, 2018
This company was not the best to work for it is not consistent at all nor is it good for pay or money or discounts this company sucks the manager is not good
Pros
Discount fountain drink
Cons
Hours pay inconsistent schedule and ect
Fast paced
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2018
I worked there part time as a second job for extra income, I couldn't have done it fulltime, not enough money
You get to know your regular customers and they can be really nice people, but the amount of work you are expected to do for the money is A Lot!
Pros
Some of the customers can be fun
Cons
Low pay, management gets benefits
Great company positioned for long-term stability
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2018
Great company to work for but it has only recently begun to outline a career development program for full-time employees, especially for those who did not start as interns or co-ops.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valero. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight