Valero Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,044 reviews matching the search See all 1,074 reviews
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
Manager was great. Loved my coworkers. Friendly town I worked in. Hours were reasonable but pay could be better. Nice part time job. Great starter type job.
It is a very good job for a student not if you’re wanting to start a career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 12, 2018
Can be very challenging at time but daily customers can make your days a lot better by just sharing a smile or a thank you with you very time you conversate
Relaxed
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ellijay, GAAugust 12, 2018
Sometimes very slow paced. A lot of cleaning when slow. Weekends are very busy and you still have to clean on those days as well. Not as easy as expected out of a gas station. Still not hard though.
Pros
Not much. Free coffee and fountain drinks.
Cons
Customers can be very rude.
poor invirment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mexico, NYAugust 9, 2018
They changed my work schedule about 3 times a week before they got the right one. they do not give you a lot of hours. I was hired on full time and was only getting 12 hours a week.
impossible to keep up deal with every duty working alone
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHAugust 7, 2018
Rude customers
Old equipment.
Management needs overhaul.
Good employees
Work hard for very little no notice.
No excused call offs.
Delivery ordering system outrageous mess
Cons
no breaks ever
The Cairo store was better
Krispy Krunch Chicken (Former Employee) –  Cairo, GAAugust 7, 2018
Working at Valero had learned at great deal about food service. I learned a bunch of lessons.I would have loved to still be there but management wasnt good.But no regrets.Learn from all situations.6
Pros
Food!
Cons
Coworkers
First Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2018
I had grown working at Valeros and it has taught me many achievement. It was a great opportunity working there, however, I wanted more experience from it
fun workplace great customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at work is relaxed not too busy. The management was great I had a great manager. The hardest part of the job was doing propane. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting amazing new people and the environment.
Pros
discounts, great management
Cons
short breaks
Always staying busy, and keeping everything clean.
Cook (Current Employee) –  New Kent, VAJuly 31, 2018
At times it can get a little stressful, being I am the only one working my shift, but it keeps my mind occupied, and I love to keep moving. Also, it’s fun to interact with new faces and make them feel welcome and ensure that their food is safe to were, and delicious.
Pros
Nice people, weekly pay.
Cons
Low income, demanding hours.
Withheld (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
Great company to work for. Excellent compensation and benefits package. Great management systems for operating high performing refineries with a strong culture for Safety and Environmental performance and Operational Reliability.
It was okay if you absolutely had no other options.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2018
My manager was rude. I didn't get proper training. I was made to do the managers work because he refused to help. The company tried to not pay me because I refuses to sign a write up I didn't agree with.
Pros
Nice customers/employees.
Cons
Terrible management.
Was able to learn different things
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed the money it was great for the time that I was there. It allowed me to be able to put gas in my car and pay for insurance which was a great deal to me since I had no other real responsibilities.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No benefits
Csr
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
The expectations for new hires was unrealistic. every day I was criticized for not doing something right. Management was strict and overbearing. Don't work for Valero.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Cleaning everything
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2018
Just because i'm always prepared I've never had a typical day at work, I kind of learned new things that I've never known before that's how it supposed to be, no? the management is great, basically, I don't really know the place culture if it does have on I know it's a nice one. There is never an hardest part on a job, sometimes is just the way you talk to people and the way they answer you, maybe you just work some different time of way that make you sure there is an hardest part on a job that you're not familiar or you don't like too. Just know it always going to be people or yourself. I have always enjoying work.
Pros
No free lunches
Administrative Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hartley, IAJuly 11, 2018
I loved my job here! The employees were amazing! They were all very community driven and helped support each other at work and off work. The environment was very laid back and friendly!
Pros
very community driven
Stressful environment with bad management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  The Plains, OHJuly 10, 2018
The workplace is very quick paced with customers which isn't bad however the management is very poor, lack of communication, harsh, and cruel at times. Overall I like my staff at valero however we are usually understaffed and expected to work the register, have presence in the store, and be in the back at the same time.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Bad management, no room to move up, inconsistent hours
Recognized for Superior Customer Service and Repeat Business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2018
I was a convenience store and gas service manager. the hours are terribly long and there is work that needs to be performed daily...days off are rare. Quality and loss are critical areas that need constant vigilance. Unfortunately, high paced convenience has a terrible attrition rate and it is hard to retain quality trained workers given less than full-time hours and minimum wages.
Pros
Your personal attention to costumer service provides repeat business
Cons
long hours, short staffing, every day work
great place to work
Degree and Certified Process Technology Operator (Current Employee) –  Pocahontas, IAJuly 9, 2018
great place to work. May be hard to balance home life and work if you have children. pay is competitive for this area. Fast-paced in certain situations.
Fast paced and friendly
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2018
Loved everyone that I worked with. Work hard and show commitment to your team and to the store and you'll advance. Flexible hours that can work with your lifestyle.
Pros
Flexible hours
Benefits
Easy and fast
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 3, 2018
Easy place to work and your day goes by fast. Always busy. Before you know it your shift is over . always has tasks that take up time and never find yourself bored woth nothing to do.