Valero Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 247 reviews matching the search See all 1,240 reviews
Very fun place over all !
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2019
Loved the customers ! Got to meet a lot of people ! Learned how to drop money work the safe stock up on stuff they showed me a lot ! The workers were great
Cons
No breaks
Productive and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, TXApril 10, 2019
This was my first job in customer service/retail and it really taught me a lot. I was hired in the middle of an oil boom so we were busy all day everyday. The management at the time I was hired was horrible due to some scandals but we eventually ended up with a wonderful manager. There was nothing too hard about the job other then dealing with difficult customers. I loved everyone I worked with, it too was almost like a family.
Pros
Lunch breaks, discounts
Cons
No benefits, no overtime, no pto
cashier
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2019
Store responsibilities vary from shifts Often during peak hours maintaining store appearance and preventing thefts were common duties. The surrounding community will affect your employment experience.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 28, 2019
very relaxed and fun environment, good pay and excellent benefits. The management was exceptional. all over total experience at the job site was satisfactory
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2019
Excellent enviorment i loved the staff the management and its great having a team... 711 most the work is usually put on one person at valero they actually care about thier staff and help you when its needed.
Great coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roans Prairie, TXMarch 13, 2019
Great job , close to home .but can barely pay Bill's after over ten years employment. I HAVE ONLY MOVED UP IN PAY THREE DOLLARS . I can't hardly pay my electric bill and keep food on the table.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks
Cool work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Customers were very rude but overall all our co-workers and management got along very well. We deal with a lot of stuff that's not dealing with our job
Cons
Not very good pay for an adult
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2019
I worked at a gas station and I had a good group of people to work with. The store I was at was a fast paced store. There was a large amount of traffic going through there. There was also a Subway so it was always busy. My main job was the register. I had to keep my money straight and make sure everything stayed organized. When it wasn't busy I was stocking the shelves, cleaning the floors and bathrooms and making sure the pumps were clean and stocked. It was a fun place to work but I knew I needed something better than this job. I needed a higher paying job and something that challenges me. I think the hardest part of the job was just the amount of people that were going through there at any given time.
Pros
Easy job, fast paced, nice people
Cons
Always cleaning, low pay
How good this job is depends greatly on who your boss is
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 14, 2019
I was paid minimum wage even after working there for ten years because my managers never did their jobs correctly. Too many times I saw people get management position and let the power go to their head and begin mistreating people and abusing their power over others. Generally seemed like a hostile work environment. The customers usually treat you poorly despite the best service possible.
Pros
Great chance to meet people.
Cons
There's almost always a coworker who makes everything harder than it has to be.
fun
customer service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2018
the people i worked with was very nice and treated me with professional assistance. they made sure everything ran smoothly with customers. when i was there the locals loved to chat with employees.
Excellent establishment for displaying customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 6, 2018
Being flexible as a retail associate is what I had to learn in order to excel on the job because a typical day may require you to stock items, check inventory, checkout customers, maintain store appearance inside and outside of the client transcation area. If you can manage your time to these varying requirements you'll learn to maximize profits for the company by keeping retailers satisfied. The hardest part of the job that I experienced when retailing is the upselling aspect. I enjoyed informing customers of deals that they could benefit;so whenever a new offer came along that, I was reluctant to share because of the last offers success. You'll come to enjoy the hard part of sales because this is also the most enjoyable.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fun and Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
At this job you would have to be on your feet all day, no breaks, just restroom breaks. Ive learned how to deal with customers, how to assist in a fast paced way. Our manager was an awesome person, would worry and help us as much as possible. Our environment was different everyday due to new customers or frequent customers coming in. The hardest part would be the stealing and stocking heavy supplies, other then that i loved the experience and meeting new people.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
too much responsibilities for a little pay
Awesome coworkers and management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 12, 2018
Good place to work in between jobs, easy pace, responsibilities are reasonable and lots of assistance if you need. wonderful place to work for students and high school kids.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
standing on feet
Stable work and compensation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78209October 30, 2018
Working at Valero varies from area to area. Ive worked at locations near schools, and locations near bars. Each very different in what is being asked of you as a worker. In one store, you may have enjoyable customers whom you may develop healthy relationships with. In another store you may encounter belligerent customers on substances, and may have to actively keep them from the store or from harming customers. The Benefits are incredible though. You are able to set up a 401k and there is room for advancement. It may take some time, but you are able to headway in this company.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Danger level varies from store to store
Fast paced
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2018
I worked there part time as a second job for extra income, I couldn't have done it fulltime, not enough money
You get to know your regular customers and they can be really nice people, but the amount of work you are expected to do for the money is A Lot!
Pros
Some of the customers can be fun
Cons
Low pay, management gets benefits
Fast-paced and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 11, 2018
It is fun to work here sadly sometimes management cut a lot of hours. It is mostly consists of cleaning, stocking and sales. sometimes is challenging to prevent people from stealing depending on how busy the store is and if your coworkers are team players.
Na
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Socorro, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I worked here because I needed a job I lasted because it was an adequate job at the time I was working there and I made good hours. It’s a really fast pace environment.
Was able to learn different things
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed the money it was great for the time that I was there. It allowed me to be able to put gas in my car and pay for insurance which was a great deal to me since I had no other real responsibilities.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No benefits
Csr
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
The expectations for new hires was unrealistic. every day I was criticized for not doing something right. Management was strict and overbearing. Don't work for Valero.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Cleaning everything
Valero is a Valer-no
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Waverly, TXJune 12, 2018
I was tossed around between two locations before i relocated and i rarely knew who my actual boss was. One was kind but stern the other i rarely saw but was so mean. I felt that there was zero job security, and i rarely felt safe. all we had to protect us was a camera.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
pay was awful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valero. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight