Valet Living Employee Reviews

A great environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 6, 2018
Enjoyed the experience. Honestly am ready for a new full time job. Didnt expect to leave company so shortly. Overall id do it again. Never was one to say a bad thing about this company it gave me a good work ethic.
December 10, 2018

Thank you for writing this review. I am doubly impressed that you took the time as a former employee to write it. So thanks again.

Must be willing to work hard
Work Hand (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2018
You don’t matter to this company you’re just a number! You will work long hours to try and fix problems that can’t be fixed. Yes you get paid $15 an hour but when living in Denver it’s not nearly enough.
Pros
You might get a free water
Cons
Heavy lifting
December 4, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. We value our associates and their feedback and I’m sorry to hear that this opportunity did not work out for you. Our Service Valets has a difficult job and it's not for everyone. If you specific feedback that you would like to share on how we can improve, please email me your contact information at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com so I can follow up to discuss further.

Easy Job
Service Valet (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2018
You can make a few extra hundreds bucks a month just working a couples hours a night. It is more like exercise than work. You will lose weight. Easy job.
Good
Bad
December 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. Getting paid to get fit is a great advantage for our Service Valets. Thank you for all of your hard work.

good money
Valet, Part-time / Valet Living (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2018
easy and fun job but hard working at the same time collecting trash is nasty but with the right team it can be made a little easier, the management team is also very under standing of our needs and wants
Pros
work in the evenings
Cons
going up stairs
November 19, 2018

Hard work
Service Valet (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 8, 2018
We were promised $12 a hour for the main employee with the truck and $10 for the helper and we started there and it was fine for 2 month then I received a call from the manager renegotiating telling me that on Sundays he will pay $60 the day for the 2 person and on week day 45 a day for 2 persons and that is not what we were told at the beginning
$60÷4 hours is $15 for 2 person that makes it 7.5 an hour per person and in the week days is 5.62 per person that is way below the minimum wage. and that is when I decided not to work under that wage before this we where happy with this job.
Pros
Work at night have all day to do something else
Cons
Dont honor their initial agreement of 12 dollars and hour
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had issues with your managers. We take all concerns very seriously. Please email me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com to set up time for us to discuss this matter further.

Great Part Time Opportunity!
Service Valet (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2018
If you're looking to get a good workout in. Putting some extra cash in your pocket while doing so, then this a perfect job for you. It is Part time and you won't put in that many hours, however the Company really cares about their employees. Management is trained very well to provide Service Valets with proper training to get the job done. Kudos to Valet Living for providing such a great service to their clients.
Pros
Flexible night time schedule. Great work culture. Company cares for their employees.
Cons
None.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback to share please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

Excellent workplace
Service Valet (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 29, 2018
I am currently a service valet at Loray Lofts in Gastonia.. I absolutely LOVE working there the residents there are WONDERFUL!!! They make it really enjoyable to come to work...
November 12, 2018

Fun at first but that's it.
Vallet (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 19, 2018
It was fun in the beginning and the exercise is worth it if you don't have time to make it to the gym, but other than that, it's not too great of a job. For the amount of money I was making, it was not worth the stress and being in the heat. The job is great in the aspect that you really don't deal with people too much(unless there's a compliment or complaint), and you can listen to your own music while you are working. This is great as temporary pocket money, but I would not decide to make a career out of this job.

If you know someone who is in dire need of a job, then push them into doing this. If you're someone like myself, and have a great load of work experience under your belt, then don't even bother unless you need extra cash in your pockets.
Pros
Rarely deal with people, go at your own pace, great exercise
Cons
Stressful, can be dangerous and nasty, the weather is unpredictable
October 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate the time you spent with Valet Living and the work you completed while here. The Service Valet position is a challenging role that is definitely not for everyone. While there are several positive aspects such as the ones you mentioned, there are also factors that someone interested in joining should consider (working outdoors in different weather conditions and working around trash).

As the Service Valet position is part time and only 10-15 hours per week with a typically start time of 8:00pm, it can serve as a great way for someone to supplement their income without interfering with the hours of their full time day job.

Great place to work!
Operations Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
I love working for this company, I love working with my team! The atmosphere is very positive and welcoming! I love that we are all working to be better, and that all employees are appreciated:)
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes the days are long and stressful, but that is with any job
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review - we appreciate your feedback!

Don’t waste your time !!
Service Valet (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2018
Worked there for 2 about weeks as a second job for some supplemental income. Hated it and quit after 2 weeks. Managers make the job more than what it was
September 24, 2018

Thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear that this opportunity didn't work out for you. The Service Valet position can be very challenging and is definitely not for everyone. If you would like to share any specific feedback on how we can improve, please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

Grey Area
Service valet (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 13, 2018
This job is alright, but I feel could be better. I've been working here for awhile and in my surrounding area, people have been quitting just as fast they're hired, others are getting hurt by being dumb, while I'm one of the longest standing employees currently. I feel that I should be getting more hours and getting paid at least $25-$30/hr. I don't mind working hard in harsh weather (rain, sleet, snow, thunderstorms). But, I also have to deal with being attacked by waves of mosquitoes, groups of black widow, brown widow, and brown recluse spiders hanging out by every staircase, hallway, and near trash cans. Obviously I don't believe every service valet should get paid that, but my individual work ethic would reflect my reasoning. I use my own money for gas that I use for my own truck on the job site. I started working here, while working at another job, and going to school. $15/hr was catchy, but the hours aren't nearly enough to justify the pay.
Pros
The job is just alright
Cons
Not enough hours per week to justify the pay
September 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Our Service Valets have a tough job and it is definitely not for everyone. Working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions can be pretty challenging. Our Service Valets that use their own pickup truck are compensated at a higher rate per hour vs our associates without a truck. This extra compensation ($4.00/hr) is to help offset expenses associated with use of your personal vehicle. I understand you feel that you should be compensated additional for your work. We continuously assess pay across all regions to ensure we remain competitive within our industry and alike. If you would like to discuss your specific situation further with me, please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com and we can schedule time to discuss in more detail.

Great place to independently
Waste Management (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 30, 2018
Love the company, just want a day job too. I like working independently, and managing my properties. I also like managing my hours. The downside is sometimes residents at the properties can be rude at times.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hard work
September 3, 2018

Thank you for writing this review. We're happy to hear you love working here, including the independence that have in your role. We understand that there are times that residents may be unhappy, we pride ourselves on setting the standard in customer service and ensuring all of our residents are satisfied. I'm sure you are achieving this nightly. If you have any other feedback you would like to share with me, please email me: antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

I worked there for seven years without missing a day. or taking a vaction
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
I worked there never got any complaints, had several managers.got along with all of them. my biggest problem, is if you do a good job
and finish early, they think you should make less money.
Pros
good pay, few hours a day. sundays could be rough
Cons
dont work to fast, they will cut your pay
September 3, 2018

Thank you for posting a review. I'm glad to hear you didn't have any complaints while working with us. I am curious about your comment that you earn less for finishing early. This may be attributed to hourly pay and budget and hours set for the property you are servicing. I welcome any additional feedback you would like to share with me regarding your experience and how we can improve. My email is antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

A good way to get paid for doing a little cardio
Refuse Collector (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 21, 2018
I've been working here for about 3 weeks now and have no complaints. My manager is easy to work with and will give time off when needed. This is a second job for me to supplement my income. I have 2 properties and work 2 hours per night on average at $20 per property so you do the math on that. Not too bad. I get there at 7 PM and am usually done by 9 PM and home by 9:30. I get a lot of walking in so I'm getting in better shape in the process. I have had no problems with my manager, the residents, or with getting paid on time. Really good part time job in my eyes.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
Sundays can be a little rough
August 22, 2018

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear you're off to a great start with Valet Living. The fitness aspect is definitely one of the more common benefits we hear from our associates working in this role. Get paid and get fit! Thanks for all that you do to help service our residents.

Nice Temporary job
Waste Removal Pickup (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2018
Easy job, it’s very simple but the hours they offer with having 2 jobs was a little bit of a hassle. It’s at night and it’s in any weather that’s drivable in.
Pros
3 weekend days off every week.
Cons
working in every weather
No life.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2018
Worked for 3 years. No time off. Everytime I asked for a vacation was told I can as soon as I'm fully staffed. Impossible to be fully staffed, when you take on new communities faster than you can recruit. Absolutely 0 work/life balance. Unable to service 4+ properties myself nightly. Try basically climbing an 100 story building up and down carrying 100 lbs. Start at 8am off around 3am. Full of lies.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
No time off nor incentive.
August 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience. While the DM position can be challenging, our organization does provide PTO and encourage associates to take the necessary time to balance their work/life. This past year, we increased PTO for all associates, adding an additional week for Operations with 15 PTO days + 7 Holidays per year. If you would like to share more about your experience and additional feedback, please contact me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

Getting paid to work out
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 17, 2018
My district manager for the Asheville NC area is a great guy and was thorough in his explanation of the job and subsequent training I received. This is hard work, to be sure, but I feel the pay is fair and the real pro here is that it's basically like getting paid to work out. If you're OK with breaking a sweat and are looking for just part time work it's a great gig. Kudos to the company for hiring a fantastic district manager--I've had many jobs where training wasn't adequate so this experience was a welcomed surprise.
Pros
Great training, decent pay, fair wage.
Cons
Full time employment not an option.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for the review. It is great to read all of the incredible things
you have to say about your District Manager and your time with Valet Living. The Service Valet position can be challenging and I'm glad to hear you are finding the wellness aspect rewarding. Thanks for all of your hard work!

District Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95838August 16, 2018
High stress work environment, little time for family and friends, juggling, life and work on an everyday basis working for Valet Living, be ready to give up most your family time
August 20, 2018

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide a review. If there's support you need and feel you're not receiving, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com, so that we can schedule follow up with you. Here at Valet Living, we strive to put our associates in the best position to be as successful as possible and find balance with work / life.

Diengaged
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2018
Company leadership is focused more on it's corporate appearance with a minimal investment at the front end of it's business, where associates are responsible for servicing customers.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and am sorry to hear that you feel this way regarding Valet Living. Our associates are our #1 priority and providing them with the tools and resources necessary to be successful is of significant importance to us. We continue to invest heavily in this area and I would like to gather further feedback from you to better understand that challenges you are facing. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com.

Solid Management
Valet Pickup (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2018
Had a great manager and pretty decent coworkers as well in the Tampa area. Treated his workers well and was good with missing work or emergencies as long as you communicated well with him.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for the review. Although you are no longer with Valet Living, we are happy to hear you had a positive experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valet Living. Our community is ready to answer.