Valet Living
65Average

Valet Living Employee Reviews

United States242 reviews
Featured review
Valet Living selected this as a representative review
Valet Living is an extremely easy, fun, flexible, and diverse place to work. Management is very friendly, helpful and and let you work independently since it takes pretty much one day to learn how things are done.

You pretty much show up on time, take your tote and dolly and walk around the apartment buildings door to door to collect their trash if any, if you are not able to pick up a bag of trash for whatever reason then you pull your phone out, take a picture of the incident and make a report, easy as that. You basically get paid for exercising and taking pictures.

My advise will be bring plenty of water, stretch real good and to buy some good running/walking shoes because you'll be walking and climbing stairs a lot, my phone was reporting that I walked about 4-5 miles in 2 to 3 hours within the property, might not seem like a lot to some but it did to me since I was not used to walking that much daily, but after working at Valet my legs were extremely grateful to me :).
October 14, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed how rewarding, flexible and fun the part time Service Valet position can be. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
I’ll start off and say if you don’t care and just need a few bucks not bad. If your looking for a permanent job this company is terrible. The poor management that fills you with countless promises that are never fill or to where they don’t communicate with you, it’s just horrible. The working at night on top of horrible management who don’t communicate any concerns just leaves you angry after every shift.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, not reliable, no communication, glass ceiling
Wow can’t even begin to explain. This job is filled with the good old boys and girls. The services are a joke. Worked for 2 different divisions. 1 ok and 1 omg what a nightmare.
Pros
Fake it till you make it
Cons
Can’t have balance
June 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here and don't see the value we provide to our residents with our services. We wish you the best in your career.
It was a good experience for me while I was in school. Very understanding of certain situations and compromised. Very cool management, also super friendly.
June 23, 2020
Thank you for posting a review. We are happy to see you had an overall positive experience during your time working as a Service Valet and we wish you the best in your career.
Was a District mgr for valet living for about 6 months. Turnover is 200%.
Valets are under payed and District mgrs are way under payed. They first told me hrs are Sunday - Thursday. Then they added a Friday property that is 420 plus units that starts 8:00pm. Company does not realize or care that you have to cover properties if you are down guys. So you will work a min of 6 days week. Then you have to answer emails and complaints all day on top of payroll and your daily budgets,office visits and audits and constant recruiting. Company actually prides them selves on 200% turnover. 5 district Mgrs in one year for my district. You think corporate might ask whats going on lol.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Way to many
June 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Valet Living. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Our District Managers have a challenging job and it’s true that working at Valet Living isn’t for everyone. Related to your comment on pay, we consistently evaluate our compensation to ensure we remain competitive in each of the markets we serve and recently updated our District Manager bonus plan, providing a more robust opportunity to earn additional bonus based on targets established. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review. We wish you the best in your career.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
first is I log in to work( clock in). I clean my work area and get ready to start my rounds. I call and check in with my manager and make sure we are on the same page or is there something specific she needs me to do. then I make my rounds making notes to any violations as I go. when I've completed my tasks then I'll check in to see if there's any help needed on any other properties. if so I go where ever she needs me to go. then when completed I take my final pictures of the day and sign out.
Pros
i usually work by my self with little supervision. freedom
Cons
wish i could get more hours in.
June 23, 2020
Thank you for posting a review. We are happy to hear you are having an overall positive experience as a Service Valet. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
This job was a cool simple job.if I ever work this job again I would want to have better security on the scenery. The managers where co they helped with extra hours
June 9, 2020
I would recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a part time job that’s very reasonable! If you like being outdoors this job is definitely for you because they have indoor and outdoor properties !
June 9, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. We're glad to hear you are having a great experience. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
Perfect job to make some extra income, great work schedule, you still have time to work another job. Some days can be tougher than others, but overall a great company to work for. Always room for advancement with the company.
June 4, 2020
This is a place where people really care about each other. I have never had more trust for my manager and peers. We are all committed together to innovate and build a better future for everyone in the company. We can disagree with each other, but have a healthy debate and be totally committed to execute what we agree to. They say you don't leave a company, you leave a boss. I would say when your coworkers become family, you don't want to leave!
June 4, 2020
Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
I have been with this company for 1.5 years! I have great management and upper management. They are a company that truly cares about their employees. Great pay for the amount of time you work.
June 4, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
They had alot of rules and rhey made me speed up my pace while picking up trash. And They were sometimes nice. And They had laighs abs jokes. And we sometimes have pizza at meetings.
June 4, 2020
This company hires you, lets you work. Tells you how great are you doing and then says you dont pass. However they allow others with felonies to work for the same charges i had but there charges were a few years old. Mine was only a year. Total BS if you ask me. I feel like i got discriminated against after writing a statement regarding the circumstances of my conviction.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for posting a review. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. We take accusations of discrimination very seriously. Our hiring process for our part-time Service Valet's allows individuals to begin working conditionally, while we obtain the full results of a thorough background screening. We have specific guidelines for our background screening process and each individual receives confidentiality with their results. If someone does not meet our company standards, they are provided with a thorough explanation and the opportunity to provide documentation to correct any errors in the findings. Thank you again for taking the time to submit your review, we wish you all the best in your career.
Long story short. I injured my back and didn't report it until a few weeks later. I wasn't believed. Thinking that the pain would go away. They paid for the workers comp but right before the MRI they decided to deny payment. Still living with the pain with the help of ADVIL.
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
Report any injuries ASAP
May 6, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Valet Living. I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience during your time here. We take all safety measures and injuries very seriously. If you had a claim denied, you should have been provided with a detailed reason for this. If you need to follow up on this matter further, please email me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com. I hope you get better soon.
Poor example of a company. Poor management. They constantly swap complexes on you for no reason, management is a joke, the dms are lazy and untrustworthy. Stay away please
April 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Valet Living. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here, it’s true that working at Valet Living isn’t for everyone. Change is constant in our business, and we ask our associates to be incredibly nimble as we service customers in an industry that changes daily. Thank you again for taking time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.
this job is good to make some extra cash they pay well and the hours are really just until you finish so its up to you physicallly demanding but really its not that bad and can finish fairly quickly
April 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience during your time with Valet Living.
At first I enjoyed my time here. Then I’ve realized that the work culture they push was completely fake. I was discriminated against by the manager and two people on my team. When I brought up this issue, I was let go without even letting me know in advance and with no real explanation. I was walking around the office, while IT was working on taking access from me. Can you imagine, walking around the office, while everyone knows you’re about to be let go except for you. I took my laptop home and all. Just save yourself because no human being deserves to be treated the way O was. The management doesn’t know how to be there for the team in a productive way. They do not keep their word. I was othered because of my demographic. No one deserves disrespect and if you respect yourself, I can assure you that you deserve better then valet living
April 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. We take all concerns very seriously. Please email me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com if you would like to discuss your situation further.
It’s ok but with the coronavirus going around it’s upsetting. No hazardous pay. No masks. No sanitizers. Just gloves. And I’ve no health insurance. I feel like I’m being taken advantage of because I need a check. It’s not even an essential job. The residents can take their own trash to the dumpsters that they walk and/or drive past everyday. And the residents still doesn’t do what they need to do on their part which puts us more at risk. The nastiness we deal with. Just feeling unimportant. Don’t even get a sincere thank you from management.
April 1, 2020
Thank you for sharing your review. I’m sorry you aren’t having a great experience here. Our Service Valets have a challenging job and it’s true that working at Valet Living isn’t for everyone. We are all facing a very difficult time as we deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. Our leadership team has taken a proactive approach to ensure the safety for all our associates during this time. This includes changes to the collection procedures, increased safety equipment for our associates and communication to our residents. All can be found on our website: https://www.valetliving.com/safety/. As an amenity services provider, we do provide a public health service as it relates to our trash collection, which is an essential business. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review. If there is any additional feedback you would like to share with us, please send me an email to antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com
For me it’s a perfect supplemental part time gig in the evenings. Hard, dirty work but can be enjoyable. Mgt will work with you to find a good crew and property match close to your home.
April 1, 2020
Thanks for posting this review. We're glad to hear the Service Valet position is working well for you. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
Worked here for a week, spent 50 bucks on gas and made less than 70 dollars profit. My helper, who was paid less hourly, ended up with more money. The job is disgusting, and tough on your personal vehicle. About two days after I quit, I opened the tailgate on my truck and a diaper fell out of the gap in the hinges. Not worth it. As well as that, for some reason we were forced to work at an unreasonably fast pace which meant even less money for me. The Santa Claus sacks they give you also are completely worthless, and mine's bottom ripped out within five days. I asked for a new one, and I was never answered.
Pros
left alone
Cons
no breaks, fast pace that makes no sense
April 1, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Our Service Valets have a challenging job and it’s true that working at Valet Living isn’t for everyone. Related to your comment on pay, we consistently evaluate the pay rate for our part time Service Valet position to ensure we remain competitive in each of the markets we serve. We recognize the additional cost associated with using your own truck (e.g. gas) and therefore pay a higher hourly rate (up to $4 more per hour) for those associates that use their own truck for collection. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.
It is ok for what I do. Collect garbage from the tenants in apartment complex. A lot of hard walking and climbing stairs. Big complex too. Would be ok with elevators.
March 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I’m sorry you aren't having a great experience here. The Service Valet position is physically demanding and it’s true that working at Valet Living isn’t for everyone. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valet Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7