Valet Living

Valet Living Employee Reviews

United States369 reviews

trashpropertystairapartmentdmnighttruckliving

Featured review

Valet Living selected this as a representative review
I really enjoy working here in the evenings. I'm a stay at home husband with two young kids. So I'm not very active when it comes to exercise and weight loss but I'll tell you what you will definitely get a work out and you don't even have to pay for it. They pay you to work out pretty much. Plus you meet alot of new people and I couldn't tell you how many times the residents have told me thank you for all I do. And at the end of the night I feel so much better about myself and for a job well done and for a job very well appreciated.

Pros

Free workout and you get to meet new people

Cons

No phone reimbursement; no vehicle allowance for maintenence

Official response from Valet Living

December 15, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.

Alright

Just started a few months ago, everything seems alright so dar. We will see where it takes us. Seems like the managers have to much power over things and dont want to compensate.

Valet Living insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Good for extra cash but not much else

It pays decent for a side hustle but unless you want to climb the ladder into corporate there isn't much else available for you. Lots of physical labor

Physically Demanding

It's physically demanding. For some people, it may not be worth the amount of money they'll make. A lot of employees think this job is very, very tough.

Horrible job

I was going to do this job while I was in college, on my first day I was just told to just go do things with no information. Horrible place to work. No PPE

Great place to learn and grow with great management

I enjoyed my time at valet living worked there for over a year . Would’ve been longer but management refused to give a raise after working several different properties not to mention one of the larger properties in my area. Saved a couple of contracts a few times at different properties !

Pros

Work alone under your own supervision

Cons

Pay was not in line with the other competitors!

Great work place

The years I was with them were excellent. Sadly my own health would have changed my role and since I loved was being in the field and did not want to relocate back to Florida at the time due to my health issues. I had to leave but the doors were left open. I miss working with them.

A company that still operates as a moms and pops company

Company takes no responsibility for they hardships we deal with as DM’s. Everything is turned around on what we can do better not how the company can help us succeed. We work ridiculous hours and very seldom have time for family and or friends. They squeeze every bit of work they can out of you while being under salary. First company I’ve been ashamed to say I work for.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Management not on the same page. SOP’s revamped almost every month.

Stressful job

Not able to take PTO, long hours, no raises, more work if you’re doing a great job, so much stress, dealing with call outs, required to attend distributions early in the mornings, so many meetings, no consequences for managers that slack off and if you’re a manager that gets it done right expect more work but no raise

Pros

Flexible schedule at times & quarterly bonus

Cons

Stress eventually gets to you, long hours, not able to cash out or take PTO, many call outs, have to attend many distributions, stress wears you out more than anything

I like the fact that I cowith my community and use my hands to help people.

This job was a very good focal point for learning different skills that could help me n the near future. I was able to incorporate task into daily work, focus on repairs and maintenance, use sound judgement and apply my knowledge,l also learned to communicate and interact effectively.

Promise one thing then tell you another.

They are clear that this job isn't for everyone. I worked for 3 weeks and in that time I was told one price for a complex that has 11 bldgs, 3 floors each with 2-3 stairwells that holds 4 apartments each stairwell. It was heavy work with sometimes multiple heavy bags down 3 flights. Meanwhile using my own truck to load and bring things to the compactor. I would try to do it 2-3 hours but on Sundays it was 4-5 hours. I stuck with it because I felt the pay was going to be worth it...pay day came and I was about $200 shorter than promised. For the amount of work I was doing at this complex, I felt I was grossly being underpaid. When I told management about it...the response I received was "you must have misheard". This was very disappointing. I at least expected a "let's see what we can do for the work you have been doing"...or "would you like to try a different complex". After putting in sweat, roaches, some cuts, dealing with bags of trash coming apart and having to clean out my truck bed nightly. This was not worth the compensation. Especially since I was promised one thing and given another. If you do decide to try it out I suggest you get everything in WRITING before starting to work at any site. Good Luck!

Challenge tasks and walk through building

I like this job because it challenging and walk all of Apartments for trash collected and dumped into my truck to dumpster. I really enjoy it! I definitely want to come back again

Was decent until…..

VL has a culture of overwhelming valets and not compensating for it. The potential is there but, it’s not worth what you’ll go thru. Depending upon the area you’re living in, the upper management can be lacking. Management structure There’s an RDO & ADO. Then depending on the area, managers to oversee the valet team and properties. ValetsThese are the people that you will hire and since the pay structure and difficulty of the nature of work, you’ll constantly need to hire or be prepared to handle the trash yourself.Corporate support Simply put, in my area, there is none. It depends on your area. If you need HR assistance, my advice is to NEVER speak to them, request everything in writing. Without it, anything you’re told never happened.Properties Be prepared to be screamed at constantly, have no resident follow any collection guidelines and, your upper management never stand with you.

The work was obviously difficult at times but management was always flexible with my schedule. I was able to work at my own pace and management always made sure I had what I needed.

It sux

It sux low pay for to much work bosses and clients are rude poor enviroment to work in dmt waste ur time here at all thankssss this place us one of the worst jobs u can have

Hard physical work for little pay

It's a great workout, but you're sent to unsafe 'hood' apartments, you're not allowed any sort of self defense deterents, you work physically hard for mediocre pay, there aren't any raises, and no benefits. Management kind of cares, but really they care more about paying their employees as low as they can, so they can get bigger bonuses.

Pros

Cons

No benefits, no safety, no raises.

Not micromanaged side job

I'll start with the negative, you are going door to door and collecting residents trash to place in dumpster for trash day. Obviously trash is gross and and sometimes heavy so that part isn't for everyone. But it's a job where management is a mere phone call and up to 15 minutes away should you need something. So nobody is breathing down your neck, very physical walking entire complex and going up and downstairs multiple times, do you save on gym membership, residents are always very nice and friendly. $16 an hours is nice compensation, but it is only 1-2 hours a night for 5 day a week. So more hours would be cool, but they are very upfront about this not being a main job but more of a supplement income. So you know what you're signing up for before accepting a position

Easy part time job with great pay for what you’re doing

Great part time job for a little extra cash. Super worth working get ends management definitely cares about you. Only problem is that there’s almost no opportunity for advancement.

Great company

Good place to work and very good for a part time job. No micromanaging and you can listen to your music while you work. Only con is the pay can be a little more

Pros

No micromanage

Cons

Pay

Hard work and overly high expectations.

Hard work, night labor. Was unable to continue because company wanted keep Washington regional manager even though he has been a terrible leader and refuses to make a plan until 2 hours after the shift starts leaving everyone confused and irritated. lack of communication and lack of help from higher ups. was expected to always get done faster, but never rewarded to do so. Asked to get over 20 hours of pto paid out when I left but was denied because "Washington has no law saying we have to." I was forced to collect over 700 units alone in a night multiple times (taking well over the expected 3-4 hours). Expected to pick up other areas callouts, but you need a few more hours to make ends meet you're out of luck. If you want a few bucks, go for it, just don't plan on staying.

Pros

good rate (19+ for drivers) good exercise

Cons

management, the faster you work the less you make, not easily done as a second job, if you dont own a truck you can carry garbage in, its really not worth it.

Terrible place to work

The company is only concerned with profit. No benefits for valets. District managers are stretched thin and work well over 60 hours a week. They do not adhere to the schedule they give and expect you to work/be available during off times. They try to get you to do multiple roles while being paid for one position. Upper mangers(regional) DO NOT CARE about operations and are only concerned with budget. They take on properties without adequate staffing to collect the properties.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valet Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Valet Living with

• Valet Living
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?