Valet Living Employee Reviews

Job is easy to understand and perform and the hours are great.
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle WAMarch 20, 2019
Working here is great. If you are self-motivated, have good work ethics, are professional and friendly with customers and co-workers, are drug free and love to drive to work when there is hardly any traffic. Then I highly recommend this job.
Not to mention that my management team are on top of things. Both my district manager, and supervisor have been very reliable and helpful with any of my questions.
Pros
Plenty of exercise
Cons
Your shoes will get dirty and will have to be replaced about every four months. $120.
I liked it
Trash Collection (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 13, 2019
Working here was great, Dean the manager for my area was awesome I just wasn’t able to work the hours he needed me anymore. The main thing you must understand is that your truck will get dirty and you will get in shape!!! lol there is a LOT of walking and carrying heavy stinky garbage bags. However the work is easy and you can go at your own pace for the most part
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Your truck will get dirty!!!
March 18, 2019

We appreciate your time in posting your work experience at Valet Living and are glad to hear you had a positive experience!

Workplace ok
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 9, 2019
Management was hard to get ahold of. The pay was ok, and got basically paid to exercise. The company is pretty fair and fun to work for all and all. I only left because I moved out of cali.
Pros
Worked alone at own pace
Cons
Had to work outside in bad weather
March 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoying your experience here. We have operations across 40 states so if you are interested in rejoining, please check out the opportunities in your area by visiting our career site or emailing me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

Management doesn’t really care about the safety
Helper (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 8, 2019
Customer first attitude x10 that ignores the safety of its employees. Poor management. Schedules made no sense and were very sporadic. Management doesn’t make sure properties fully hold up their end of responsibilities. Dangers of job not worth the little pay.
Pros
Small check to pay bills
Cons
Poor management
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had issues with your manager. We take all concerns very seriously, including safety which is our #1 priority for all associates. Please email me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com as I would like to learn more about your situation and ways we can improve.

Beware
District Manager (Current Employee) –  TXMarch 5, 2019
Very low pay for the comparable industry. Overly micromanaged from senior management to even IT. Very scary to learn what IT knows about you. Company is very quick to let good employees go and is encouraged by senior management. Was much better run as Valet Waste, it’s horrendous now. Avoid!!
March 11, 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide a review. We value our associates and their feedback and I’m sorry to hear that you have many concerns. Over the past several years years, we have drastically improved our benefits plan, including a more robust healthcare benefit plan at a lower cost, increased PTO and 401k match, as well as a new recognition and rewards platform. We also continue to benchmark our compensation plans within industry and alike to ensure we remain competitive in total compensation offering. We’d love learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com.

No more than 15 hours per week
Service Valet (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 2, 2019
It’s an easy job just really low hours. The MOST you could make in 2 weeks is about $300. Other than that it’s a good side job for people who need a little extra income. Shifts usually last 2 hours 3 max.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Low hours
March 4, 2019

Thank you for providing a review. Our part time, evening Service Valet positions do offer, on average, 10-15 hours per week. There may be instances in some markets where additional hours could be obtained and hourly rate does depend on whether you own and are using your own pickup truck or not. If you have any further feedback to share please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

Great Company!!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 15, 2019
Executive Management puts forth great effort to create a culture that works for all. Pay and benefits are decent and the job is demanding but easily managed if you are self motivated and good at working independently.

The company prides itself about promoting from within and I have witnessed many associates becoming promoted.

The workload is manageable if you have self-discipline and the ability to work independently. The company provides many training opportunities to better one-self. There are times, just like any business, where it can become stressful, but overall I am happy with my decision to work for this company and my personal goal is to advance in my new career!
Pros
Company Vehicle for Work, Remote Work, Meeting New People, Decent Pay and Benefits. Knowledgeable (Down to Earth) Management
Cons
Stressful Conditions (at times). Some Corporate Bureaucracy to Navigate.
March 4, 2019

We are very gracious for the excellent review! It is great to read all of the incredible things you have to say about your time with Valet Living. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Bad company
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNFebruary 14, 2019
The day I was supposed to receive my first paycheck from working I didn't get anything it took them three weeks to give me my first paycheck and then at that point in time I should have received my second paycheck it took me another week to get that paycheck so it took me threatening to go over my managers head to get my Pay fixed and I had to fight with him the whole stinking time to get my pay fixed. He ignored me until I said that I was going above his head to get this matter resolved and when I messaged him today saying that I felt the pay was incorrect that I received he got angry with me and said that I was threatening him when all I said was that I was going to go above his head if I had to get this matter resolved. This company does not really give a hoot about their employees they just want them for the bodies and so that they can earn themselves money. I met 1 really cool manager and then I got stuck with a jerk. I was doing this job to earn a little bit of extra money because I'm a disabled veteran and I don't feel that this company really cares about their employees. I haven't even been able to drive my truck because my tags are now expired and the money I was supposed to make was supposed to go to get my truck registered and now I can't even do that because I wasn't even paid near what I was supposed to have been paid in my opinion. Not only that but they had us in a very ghetto area that was not very safe for me or for my wife and we were told to carry a weapon on us while we worked at that location. We work two locations and only got 450 a week split between me  more... and my spouse.  less
Cons
Bad management
March 4, 2019

Thank you for providing a review. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience regarding your pay checks. Depending on the hire date, there may be a three week period before the first paycheck is issued do to our payroll cutoff schedule. We have heard feedback from our associates and are in progress of transitioning into a weekly pay structure. I see that you noted that you're a former associate, however if you have additional questions regarding your paychecks, you can email me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com and I will be sure to provide that information to our HR department to follow up on.

No work life balance
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2019
You will work all of the time.The duties placed upon you never end. Daytime and night time work, 6.5 days per week. No commission or bonus for retaining clients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours, no support from management
February 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience as a District Manager. You note that one of the Pro's is flexibility but also make mention that the position requires long hours. I am interested in learning more about your experience and collecting additional feedback that can help us improve. We recognize that the District Manager position can be demanding and at times can be difficult to manage the split schedule. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com to set up time to discuss further.

Ok place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 25, 2019
Great company to work for you will meet great people as far as residents and upper management. My only issue with this job was my manager, favoritism was shown. You may have a co-worker with the same experience as you that gets paid more than you. They guaranteed me 40hrs a week I only worked 40hrs my first 2 weeks and never worked 40hrs again. A lot of driving and it’s hard to manage bills, gas, and other necessities needed for life.
Pros
Healthcare, meeting great residents
Cons
Favoritism, slow paced
February 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share a review and feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your concerns and that you didn't have a positive experience. I am interested in learning more about your experience. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com to coordinate time for us to discuss further.

Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJanuary 23, 2019
thank you for giving the opportunity to work within the company. my experience with VALET Living has giving me additional skills. I've learned the importance of working well with my fellow or co-workers. Hospitality is very important to have when around both clients and associates. Again, thanks to Valet Living...I have gotten better with this skill.
February 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience and gained some additional skills.

Good p/t job.
Trash Collector (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Not a bad job if you have good manager. 1-2 hours a night, ok pay, and you don't have to deal with people. Just grab their trash and go dump it. It is a good way to get some cardio.

We do work in all types of weather so prepare to be hot, cold, or wet.
Pros
I don't have to deal with people
Cons
All weather work.
February 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and a 5 star rating! We're happy to hear that you are having a positive experience.

Great place
service valet (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work for extra money, solo work, great way to stay in shape, great way to meet people, great way to maintain a high work ethic, wish it was cooler out
Pros
night
Cons
hot in AZ
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share a review and 5 star rating! We're happy to hear that you are having a positive experience. You mention so many great things about working as a Service Valet - we wish we could control the weather for our associates too!!!

Very productive work environment and a lot of fun coworkers
Assistant District Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 7, 2019
The job is very enjoyable, but can be tough. There is a lot of heavy weight lifting. The pay is really good and most days, I get done early. They could compensate more for mileage, but that is a small thing.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the work you do. If you have any further feedback to share, please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

Do not recommend working here
Valet (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 28, 2018
I worked with this company a year and half, had 3 different managers. I worked one property when I first started and then began working another one on the weekends. Eventually I switched to working the weekend property Sunday-Thursday and gave up the other one. It was an okay job at times I would take on extra property if the price was right. I had a couple of times my truck would break down which was not an issue until a few months ago when I became sick with a really bad cold and my belt on my truck broke on the way home. I informed the manager of my situation which i had done before just not with this particular one. Received a couple of text of when I would return to work I let them know the date.They said I hired a permanent backup for that property ok . I return to work ask for the schedule to be loaded and clock in.
Next day same thing Im working and a random couple pulls up asking me if Im working the property. I reply yes. They say ok and leave. Next day again can u load the schedule I receive a text can you work another property I have the back up couple working that one. I say no Im not going back to work that property again(terrible property trash everywhere plus 3 flights of stairs and it didnt pay enough money) In my head Im thinking they are back up so why would you take me off the property I always take care of unless you hired them to replace me. I simply texted back and so no that was my last night working for them. So I came to the conclusion I was replaced and not informed. This company has a very high turnover, managers always trying to pay the people
  more... that actually do the job as little as possible while keeping more money in there pocket.  less
Pros
No one to bother you
Cons
Working in all types of weather
January 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I'm sorry to hear that you are no longer with us after 1 1/2 years of service. I'm interested in learning more about your situation. If you would like to schedule a time to talk, please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com.

Full of empty promise
Valet (Current Employee) –  TxDecember 21, 2018
Dnt work for this company. There full of empty promise for the last 2 months and makes stuff up why he can’t train you. they won’t move you up. They will tell you they will and stuff. But when you apply to move up they will tell you stuff why they wont. They clam there big on safety but yet they make you work in the rain. They managers are lazy and dnt help when there short handed. They dnt know how to schedule you at night. . They make you use your own gas and they dnt pay for the gas and they make you drive far from we’re you live. This company is a joke. And it’s a really stressful place to work cuz there always short handed and they burn you out fast and they dnt care. And some of the apartments are unsafe and they dnt care they still make you go there. Oh and they tell you no when wanna quit.
Pros
Cons
A joke
January 2, 2019

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working as a Service Valet with us. Working in inclement weather conditions is challenging and we do have safety measures in place to ensure our associates do not put themselves in unsafe work conditions. For our associates that use their own vehicle, we offer an increased hourly rate that offsets the fuel consumption. If you would like to discuss your concerns or how you fee we can improve further, please email me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com to set up some time to talk.

Horrendous
Service Valet (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 18, 2018
Take my advice: STAY AWAY.
Why?
They’ll use and abuse you like you’re nothing to them. I worked for the company for 6+ months and saw numerous positions and staff leave, and for good reason it would seem. They might have you out late, like past 1am, and there’s no time differential for that work. It’s physical abuse on your body with the loads you have to tote and throw— they say there’s a 25 pound limit and to violate for it, but you’ll get chewed out for not doing them in the end. Not to mention working out in the cold and heat. It’s an absolutely horrible job when it comes to communicating with any higher up, you’ll be lucky to get a response honestly. When they do respond it hours later. It takes the company weeks to give you any of your equipment. Totes will rip on you and you’ll have to go weeks with a big tear in it, getting nasty fluids all over you and your clothes. They do give you a vest and shirt eventually, though. They’re horrible people when it comes to their workers. I assure you there are companies doing the same things and they probably have more common decencies than Valet Living does. And, don’t forget about the wear and tee of your own personal vehicle. They give their management staff their own trucks and equipment but won’t give you a second thought down there on the ground level of the totem pole. The management will take everything out on you as that low feeding person whenever they’re having problems with a property, even if they’ve been know to be a raunchy property since before you’re placed there. They’ll take everything out in you when they
  more... aren’t communicating with the property management and have to go in to clean up all of your infractions because they can’t get the property to deal with tenants.. I could go on, but please just take my advice. Stay away. Go for something else. You’ll regret putting any effort or time in with these people.  less
Pros
Let me know when you find one
Cons
It’s a con job
December 18, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide a review. We value our associates and their feedback and I’m sorry to hear that you have many concerns. The experience you outlined is not the standard across our organization. I would really like the opportunity to discuss your experience and feedback in more detail. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com so we can coordinate time to discuss further.

Hard Job
Driver/Laborer and recycle pickup (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2018
Hard job nothing fun. No bonus a little money no consideration. no promotion nothing only work hard. Is good for temporary job.No benefic nothing only you pay.
December 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. You noted a lack of promotion opportunities and this is something I would be interested in discussing further with you. As a growing company, we are focused on ensuring our associates have the opportunity to further their career. This year alone, we have filled nearly half of our full time positions with our own associates through promotion.

I am interested in learning more about your experience and how you feel we can improve. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com to set up some time to talk.

A great environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 6, 2018
Enjoyed the experience. Honestly am ready for a new full time job. Didnt expect to leave company so shortly. Overall id do it again. Never was one to say a bad thing about this company it gave me a good work ethic.
December 10, 2018

Thank you for writing this review. I am doubly impressed that you took the time as a former employee to write it. So thanks again.

Must be willing to work hard
Work Hand (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2018
You don’t matter to this company you’re just a number! You will work long hours to try and fix problems that can’t be fixed. Yes you get paid $15 an hour but when living in Denver it’s not nearly enough.
Pros
You might get a free water
Cons
Heavy lifting
December 4, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. We value our associates and their feedback and I’m sorry to hear that this opportunity did not work out for you. Our Service Valets has a difficult job and it's not for everyone. If you specific feedback that you would like to share on how we can improve, please email me your contact information at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com so I can follow up to discuss further.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valet Living. Our community is ready to answer.