Valet Living
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Valet Living Employee Reviews

You could wind up working with decent people, psychos, or anything in between. You’re there to work not make friends. Never know who you’re meeting with at random properties to service.
terrible job wouldnt recommend. no loyalty or benefits .. managers expect you to lift 60lb bags consistently without no health insurance or benefits even after being there for years, also no raise. You will be carrying heavy stinky trash in all elements of weather 5 days a week and barely making $300-400 every 2 weeks its insane and no wonder turnover rate is so high. Terrible job absolutely not worth the toll you will be putting on your body.
Just run, don’t walk from this nightmare. DM’s are simply glorified trash runners. Crazy low pay. You’ll spend your days non stop recruiting then spend your nights collecting trash. Mornings are usually hours on the phone with complaining property managers . Zero work life balance.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance, very low pay, threatening regional managers
It's fast past and most of management is cool however I wish that HR would do a better job of honoring time off, because I have a few incidents where it was an emergency with having to take my roommate in for eye surgery and if she would have missed the surgery then she would have risked permanent blindness because of a microscopic hole in the eye that was getting worse the longer surgery was put off. HR needs to develop more empathy and compassion when it comes to employees because without it there will be higher turnover and realize that sometimes life has emergency take place and realize that sometimes medical leave because of a family member can sometimes mean life or death and or decreased quality of life.
Pros
Some times extra buildings and make extra because of shortage
Cons
Need a better HR person who has more empathy when it comes to employees
I did Service Valet for a little over a year. The pay seems pretty good until you factor in gas and vehicle maintenance, then it's just okay. You have a district manager (DM) but you're mostly left alone as long as the job gets done properly (that was my experience anyway).
Pros
Low stress, good exercise, peoole are nice
Cons
Sunday nights are heavy trash nights so not so fun, no reimbursement for fuel or vehicle maintenance
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
You are on your own. Have alot of freedom and get to work outdoors. My supervisor was awesome. Great guy. Lucky to have been given the chance to work here.
Pros
Work outdoors, exercise
Cons
Heavy Labor
June 7, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work.
Management cares about the employees, in my experience. They will work with you as long as you put forth the effort at work. Not meant to be a job to live off of, having said that, they could pay the employees a bit more for the amount of physical labor they do. Overall good company and good work environment.
Pros
Not a dead set schedule. Room for leniency.
Cons
Pay could be a bit better
June 7, 2021
I picked up this job for part time work to supplement my income and that's exactly what it's worked well for. Lot of steps and stair cases to climb, but it's simple, repetitive work that's sometimes challenging when it's a heavier day. Would definitely recommend to anybody who needs extra income outside regular business hours.
Pros
Decent pay, flexibility, good managers.
Cons
Can be hard you're not in good to above average shape.
June 7, 2021
They are very nice, helps you succeed in all aspects of the job. They're flexible to work with you on job/life balance. Great benefits.Management is there for anything you might need. They provide the cleaning supplies. You do use your own vehicle to travel to all properties. They treat you very well and always acknowledge your well done cleans.
Benefits
Cons
Using your own vehicle
May 25, 2021
Thank you for posting a review. We're happy to hear that you had such a positive experience during your time with us and wish you all the best in your career.
As a former DM ….. it’s not worth it. The recruiting team and HR are not helpful enough. They have no sense of urgency and are understaffed. They don’t screen leads before sending them. Management is self serving.
May 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience as a District Manager. In regards to your comment on not screening candidates prior to sending them to the District Manager, this is something we have been working diligently on and have secured additional resources for the recruiting team to help manage this process going forward. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.
They lie to you in the payment, they want you to finish the work of others for a rate but you will never see that money and when you ask for the money no one is responsible but they have already left well with the property and I without my promised money, something happens to your truck and they are not responsible for the damages for the misery of the payment they give you, they have a bad reputation with all the properties in the area
Pros
Cons
Poor management
May 25, 2021
Thank you for posting a review. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your time as a Valet with us. We take all concerns with compensation seriously as our pay structure is either hourly or flat rate by apartment community. If there is any additional feedback you would like to share with us, you can contact me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com
Terrible management with terrible pay. You're constantly filling in because people always quit. You're always traveling long distances and you don't get any compensation for the gas and maintenance. You don't know when you'll be done. Sometimes you travel an hour for half an hour of work and that's right, you only get paid for half an hour. Did I say terrible management? I actually enjoyed the workout you got with the job but management is absurd. I wanted to move up in management but I guess I wasn't white enough.
Pros
Good workout
May 20, 2021
We appreciate you for taking the time to post a review and share your experience. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your time as a Service Valet. What you shared is definitely not a reflection on how we operate on a national basis and is not in line with our standards. We wish you all the best in your career. If there is any additional feedback you would like to share with us, you can contact me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com
This company doesn't value their employees and rather only value their contracts. They do not support their DM's or valets. They pay valets very little which causes high turnover. The problem with VERY high turn over is that as DM, you are constantly picking anywhere between 2-25 buildings a night full of trash. The valets quit fast when they realize the pay is so low. Nope, never would reccomend.
May 6, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Valet Living. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Our District Managers have a challenging job and it’s true that working at Valet Living isn’t for everyone. While it is true that our District Manager's may need to collect, this is only necessary when staffing levels are not maintained and no other coverage is available. This is not our goal as an organization and we are working hard to support our District Managers by investing further in all recruiting and retention measures (increased pay rates, sign-on/retention bonuses, etc). Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.
Like most the pay is low management non existent never fall for day shift pay straight scam they want you to do all the extras they give little to nothing and lastly you use your vehicle your gas whats in it for the workers
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Lots of stair climbing low pay greedy management
April 18, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry you aren't having a great experience during your time here. We take all concerns very seriously. Please email me directly at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com if you would like to discuss your situation further.
This is a great part time job for retirees looking to make some extra money. Great job if you like working alone and outdoors. Most nights depending on the property 2.5-3 hours. Great way to get your steps in for the day and get payed doing it.
Pros
Great starting pay for part time gig. Great way to get exercise.
Cons
Some days can be heavy trash days.
April 18, 2021
Thank you for the review! We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work.
Door to door trash pickup is a great idea if you do it right and pay well. If they made a golf cart and trailer available at every location so you weren't driving your own vehicle on the properties for a few hours, and if they focused intense effort in hiring from within the communities that served, they'd be more likely to get good help. My boss was the best, overall management was typical corporate stuff, so Id say check with them and if you're living very close to where the work is, go ahead and apply
Pros
Flexible, favor employees in disputes
Cons
Using your own vehicle without adequate compensation
April 18, 2021
Thank you for sharing a review! We are happy to see you had an overall positive experience during your time working as a Service Valet. Your idea regarding the golf cart is something we are researching further and hope to have a solution in the future. We appreciate you and wish you the best in your career.
Underpaid and expected to move mountains, ompany doesn't care about their employees, understaffed and forced to work outside in all sorts of weather.
April 5, 2021
We appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review. We're sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience. Since this position involves collection and disposal of trash at apartment communities, working outdoors in various weather conditions is unfortunately something that our associates must work through. We always ensure that safety is our top priority so if the weather conditions create a dangerous environment, we would not expect the service to be complete. We have also demonstrated through this pandemic that our associate safety is our #1 goal through the actions we have taken to protect our associates with PPE, training and collection practices. We wish you all the best in your career.
After the three months, people got fired or quit, we were shorthanded, change of management , added new rules and roles almost every week. It was a disaster
April 5, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. It's always challenging to work through changes in management and/or processes and we hope that your experience isn't something that others will face in the future. We wish you all the best in your career.
This is a part-time job that runs from 8:00 pm until about midnight. You may be done sooner if you only have one property. Pay is ok for what it is but should be more. It is very labor-intensive, and you will carry several bags of trash up and down flights of stairs all night.
Pros
pay
Cons
The nature of the work
April 5, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our Service Valet position is physically demanding, so we appreciate you highlighting that. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.
Constantly on your feet working from 8-11 for 5 days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Sunday the pay is fine depending on how many hours you work however the hours aren’t great
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Bad hours
February 25, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. It's true that our Service Valet position is a physically demanding job and not for everyone. We appreciate everything you did for us while working here and wish you all the best in your career.
Managers are terrible, we're given conflicting guidance on things, there's no purpose to the job. The saving grace is the people. I'd quit if I could, but I go to school full time too.
February 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry you aren't having a great experience during your time here. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email me at antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com
  1. Employee Reviews