Valet Park of America Employee Reviews

Best job I had so far
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 26, 2018
For everyone complaining about having this job I don’t get it. This is the most fast paced organized job I had. I’m mostly stationed at the busiest locations in the Albany ny area, and let me tell you what. It is nothing but friendly staff. Managers. And customers. People complaining about pay? You get what you work for. If you work harder and managers see that. You get a raise. In the Albany area. The management is the best they help you with anything you need. The HR department will go out of his way to make sure you get your check and to accommodate your hours according to your own life schedule. I couldn’t ask for a better job and a great big group of friends and family to work with.
Pros
Easy going job. Friendly staff. The pay.
April 2, 2018

Glad you had a positive experience! We couldn't agree more. What you outline here is exactly what we strive for with our staff. Thanks, Tim Duval - HR Director.

I don't really wanna write this review.
Valet Captain (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 16, 2018
Working here really went downhill when the company spread itself too thin in my area and put too much pressure on the regional managers and they then put pressure on all their best employees. They also hire anyone. which sounds cool at first but is not cool when you are working with literal mental cases. stressful days come from situations like these. plus the pay was extremely low for the amount of work you'd be expected to do at the hospitals.
Pros
It's a job and you'll get paid.
Cons
Co-workers, Salary, people and having to bare the weather no mater what its like outside.
November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I agree that we did see some recent growth in that area, which gave employees the opportunity to grow with us. We do our best to promote from within, and try to grow leaders internally. I'm surprised about the comment regarding low pay, as the rates in that area were increased this year. I'm sorry that you did not have an overall positive experience - if you would like to discuss further, please contact me. Tim Duval tduval@valetparkofamerica.com

Great place to work as a young adult
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Valet Park is a great place to work. I loved it when I was in college back home for the summers. You have the ability to earn more money working more hours and overtime. You work with a Valet team and make great friendships. The hardest part was working in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part was interacting with all the different customers and driving nice cars. You have the opportunity to drive some vehicles you would normally never get the chance to as an average person.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Short breaks
Improvement in individual and team skills
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAAugust 22, 2018
Working at VPA has taught me great time management skills, as well as how to work better and more efficiently with others. The constant movement makes the shift go by fairly quickly.
November 14, 2018

I'm glad that your time here has developed your leadership skills. That's something we take great pride in!

Poor management. Not employee friendly
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYMarch 26, 2018
Poor management. No management skills. They put their friends in charge. Horrible pay to live on. No benefits. They hire druggies and thieves and pay the bare minimum
Pros
Free exercise
Cons
Management. Pay.
April 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. I would appreciate it if you could contact me with some specifics so that we can investigate your concerns. All of our promotions come from within whenever possible, to promote growth. We train our leadership with both internal and external training, and I am surprised to read your comments. We background check our staff, and we offer a competitive benefits package for the Hospitality Industry. Again, I appreciate your review and would like to hear more - please contact me at 413-827-8916 or tduval@valetparkofamerica.com - Tim Duval, HR Director

Mostly enjoyed passengers, not so much fellow drivers.
Shuttle Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2018
My duties were basically driving in a large, continuous circle of approximately 3 miles, picking up and dropping off employees to various offices of large medical center.
Great job for college students and more
Shift Supervisor, Driver (Former Employee) –  Eastern MA/ Western MA/March 7, 2013
I worked this job during my college years and I couldn't have had a better job. Flexible work schedule allows you to work whenever you can. The money can be really good if you work hard. Staying at accounts and not leaving early. On slow nights and days you get comp pay, so you are making money. If you are a good worker advancement was easy. Was promoted to a manager in less than a year. Upper-Management is completely understanding of family issues that may come up as long as one doesn't abuse this power. Plenty of opportunities to travel around the New England area to make better money at some of the summer accounts. I had so much fun working here.
Pros
great hours, good exercise, upper management.
Cons
slow nights can be boring, they work in any weather. i have had some miserable nights.
Only work here to make money temporarily
PARKING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 2, 2017
If you need a job badly and can run a lot and work a lot of hours to make ends meet, then this is a starting point. This is not really a career path or a place you want to be working for a long period of time. Not easy to get time off, always struggle for hours as they are either too little or too much. Pay is minimum wage and tips are collected by management and dispersed at an hourly rate.
Pros
Quick, easy money
Cons
Horrible management, hours are difficult, lots of running, no paid anything.
Productive and fast paced
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 10, 2018
I learned about every type of car when working here. There is always some down time and you can throw around a football with the other employees if it’s slow or sit in the shed and communicate with the others. The supervisors treat you like a friend and everyone is always joking around.
Perfect temporary/college job
Valet Attendant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  CTFebruary 15, 2016
Great company. Management actually cares about their employees. Very family oriented. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

Biggest pro: Coworkers. Most days don't even feel like work, just hanging out with friends.

Biggest con: Payroll not always on top of things. Missing pay/compensation is typical.

Also extreme hot/cold conditions may not be suitable for everyone, but that should be a given.

Overall I would definitely recommend.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Payroll discrepancies
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 10, 2018
You had to run up and down everyday to get customers vehicles and had to get it to them on time so they wouldn’t have to wait outside in the cold for long
VPA rocks!
parker (Former Employee) –  MADecember 26, 2012
True - if you are parking cars the pay is not great (but tips can be awesome some days). However - these guys are great to work for. Laid back management, but plenty of help when you need it. Worked at a couple of sites for them (hospitals, restaurants, events) and it's all good. Only stayed with them for a year so I didn't have much advancement, but I did get raises and the guys who did stay are managers now.
Opportunities @ VPA - You Get Out What You Put In
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 30, 2013
I started with this company as a part-time valet as a freshman in college. I now oversee over 100 employees as an HR Manager. Being with this company for 6 years has helped me tremendously in my career, and I am absolutely dedicated to grow with this company. Valets/shuttle drivers/front line staff enjoy flexible scheduling, awesome opportunities to work at locations such as Nantucket, VT Ski Resorts and vacation destinations. You will build your customer service/interpersonal skills as you may interact with customers from ALL WALKS of life (celebrities, sports professionals to people down on their luck). The company has in house leadership training that allows selected candidates to take on more responsibility and be promoted. Many high level executives started out on the front-line level. If you are looking for an exciting new career in the customer service field, give VPA a shot. It is a great time to grow with VPA!
Pros
flexibility, $ and tips, growth opportunities, company parties and trips
Cons
Working outside is not for everyone
Abusive hours, awful management, hostile environment
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2017
This company is a joke, if you are looking to have a part time job while balancing an outside life, then this is the last place you want to work. Make sure you read between the lines while reviewing the paper work, because you will soon find out that the management will abuse your requested hours because they don't know how to do their own job. For a company that wants its employees to demonstrate any type of professionalism and integrity, they sure know how to create a very hostile atmosphere for themselves. There is no respect for the employees, and the company seems to think that employees grow on trees outside of UMASS Campus. Fake professionalism is an understatement, value is a clash between employees, customers, and management, regards for outside lives is nonexistent, and "fakeness" is something that you will encounter the second you meet the HR Dept. if you are looking to make a career out of parking cars, or to aspire to be power hungry then I would recommend this job, although you may find yourself taking your anger out on college students who's dreams require a bit more than a background check.
Pros
Cars and friends
Cons
Abusive hours, bad management, bad atmosphere, high fire/discipline rate
May 17, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I would love to hear specifics about exactly what happened so we can address your concerns. We try to be as accommodating with scheduling as possible, but in the hospitality business the needs of our clients can change on a weekly, even daily basis.

Please contact me at 413-827-8916 or tduval@valetparkofamerica.com - Tim Duval, HR Director.

A job that could have something different everyday
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Depending on how busy the hospital is, we will park on average about 400 cars a day. The management is always good about leading by example. My co-workers are usually pretty good about helping out with switching shifts and doing each other favors in that area.
Cons
Poor work environment, working in all sorts of weather, no real chance for advancement
Good
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, NYApril 28, 2018
Great employees working with. Pay could be better. Guests are great and tip good. Managers are great also. Sometimes they can be more understanding but its okay.
Great place to advance
valet captain (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 26, 2013
Been working here for a while and it's been a great experience. The company seems to keep growing so if you put in hard work and show initiative you have some great opportunities to move up. It's great exercise and the benefits and compensation seem to be head and shoulders over other valet companies I've researched. I've learned a lot with different leadership/training courses that they offer.
Manager's are pretty cool if you do your do job and don't slack off. If you do slack off they will let you know about it. I've always tried to do what was asked and I feel appreciated.
I guess the only cons I can think of would be the fact that we're outside when it's raining or really cold but I've gotten used to it. Also, sometimes you work some really long days. I guess that's better than only working some short days though.
Intense environment
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day at work would be standing outside waiting for patients to pull in to need parking assistance in the parking lot. I learned that most patients are going to come in with a attitude and that even if I feel uncomfortable with the tone they are using against me, I still need to give respect and show respect to the company and myself on the job. The management is not a problem and is there whenever you need them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients settle inside and giving them any assistance they need.
Pros
discounts on lunch in cafeteria.
Cons
short breaks, uniform deduction each check.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 23, 2017
the management sucks but the job itself is fun. you get to drive nice cars and some places tip very well. managers are also allowed retrievals at many locations and they are already making higher rate then you so it makes it unfair to the valets.
Pros
good tips
Cons
terrible managment, bad schedule
Shorted on paychecks
Valet (Current Employee) –  NorwalkFebruary 19, 2013
Been working here for one month and it is becoming more and more of a pain to deal with this company. The biggest problem is that upper management hasn't done ANYTHING to help out with issues, most importantly the fact that i and a few other employees (one who just left because of this) have been/are being shorted on our paychecks. The job itself isn't bad but the constant inconsiderate treatment of myself and fellow employees isn't motivating in any way.
Pros
easy. tips on busy days are ok
Cons
management doesn't do their job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valet Park of America. Our community is ready to answer.