Valet Park of America Employee Reviews

Mostly enjoyed passengers, not so much fellow drivers.
Shuttle Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2018
My duties were basically driving in a large, continuous circle of approximately 3 miles, picking up and dropping off employees to various offices of large medical center.
Improvement in individual and team skills
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAAugust 22, 2018
Working at VPA has taught me great time management skills, as well as how to work better and more efficiently with others. The constant movement makes the shift go by fairly quickly.
November 14, 2018

I'm glad that your time here has developed your leadership skills. That's something we take great pride in!

Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 10, 2018
You had to run up and down everyday to get customers vehicles and had to get it to them on time so they wouldn’t have to wait outside in the cold for long
Productive and fast paced
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYJuly 10, 2018
I learned about every type of car when working here. There is always some down time and you can throw around a football with the other employees if it’s slow or sit in the shed and communicate with the others. The supervisors treat you like a friend and everyone is always joking around.
Good
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, NYApril 28, 2018
Great employees working with. Pay could be better. Guests are great and tip good. Managers are great also. Sometimes they can be more understanding but its okay.
Poor management. Not employee friendly
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Verona, NYMarch 26, 2018
Poor management. No management skills. They put their friends in charge. Horrible pay to live on. No benefits. They hire druggies and thieves and pay the bare minimum
Pros
Free exercise
Cons
Management. Pay.
April 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. I would appreciate it if you could contact me with some specifics so that we can investigate your concerns. All of our promotions come from within whenever possible, to promote growth. We train our leadership with both internal and external training, and I am surprised to read your comments. We background check our staff, and we offer a competitive benefits package for the Hospitality Industry. Again, I appreciate your review and would like to hear more - please contact me at 413-827-8916 or tduval@valetparkofamerica.com - Tim Duval, HR Director

Best job I had so far
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 26, 2018
For everyone complaining about having this job I don’t get it. This is the most fast paced organized job I had. I’m mostly stationed at the busiest locations in the Albany ny area, and let me tell you what. It is nothing but friendly staff. Managers. And customers. People complaining about pay? You get what you work for. If you work harder and managers see that. You get a raise. In the Albany area. The management is the best they help you with anything you need. The HR department will go out of his way to make sure you get your check and to accommodate your hours according to your own life schedule. I couldn’t ask for a better job and a great big group of friends and family to work with.
Pros
Easy going job. Friendly staff. The pay.
April 2, 2018

Glad you had a positive experience! We couldn't agree more. What you outline here is exactly what we strive for with our staff. Thanks, Tim Duval - HR Director.

great for a college student
ambassador valet (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 25, 2018
this was a really good job for me, its a good job to keep you active! good tips and good people! the down side is you are often running around in bad weather conditions
Valet
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 18, 2017
Its a valet service. You run back and forth parking and returning vehicles. youll get tips most of the time and thats how you getyour money. it was a cool job meanwhile.
Fun Work place
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 30, 2017
The hardest part of the Job was during the winter when the snow melts and the road turns into ice the other part was when is really busy and the customers cant wait any more and I will leave my post and run back and get them their car.
Pros
great pay and keeps you in shape
Challenging
AMBASSADOR|TRAFFIC DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 4, 2017
Very fast paced environment but a great place to expand. Everyone is friendly and everyone is treated fairly and accordingly. Great managers as well..
good
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 2, 2017
valet park of america is very good place to work, also if you really loves cars there inst a better job. i have gotten a lot of exotic cars from a tesla to a g wagon.
Pros
hahsasa
Cons
dsdfsfsd
Only work here to make money temporarily
PARKING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 2, 2017
If you need a job badly and can run a lot and work a lot of hours to make ends meet, then this is a starting point. This is not really a career path or a place you want to be working for a long period of time. Not easy to get time off, always struggle for hours as they are either too little or too much. Pay is minimum wage and tips are collected by management and dispersed at an hourly rate.
Pros
Quick, easy money
Cons
Horrible management, hours are difficult, lots of running, no paid anything.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 23, 2017
the management sucks but the job itself is fun. you get to drive nice cars and some places tip very well. managers are also allowed retrievals at many locations and they are already making higher rate then you so it makes it unfair to the valets.
Pros
good tips
Cons
terrible managment, bad schedule
Productive or very unproductive, slow or busy
Valet Attendant, Valet Captain (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 2, 2017
I open at 4:45am , count my cash and set up my cameras andpodium. After, I wait for people to pull up to be valet, people to cash out because I am a ashier until 10am, or valets to give cars to.
Pros
out at 1 or whatever time your scheduled, tips, fun job
Cons
early shift, and weekedends
Fun and flexible
Valet Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 17, 2017
Amazing company that is flexible with availability and is a fun environment to work in. Discipline and working hard within this company will provide availability to advance within the company.
Abusive hours, awful management, hostile environment
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2017
This company is a joke, if you are looking to have a part time job while balancing an outside life, then this is the last place you want to work. Make sure you read between the lines while reviewing the paper work, because you will soon find out that the management will abuse your requested hours because they don't know how to do their own job. For a company that wants its employees to demonstrate any type of professionalism and integrity, they sure know how to create a very hostile atmosphere for themselves. There is no respect for the employees, and the company seems to think that employees grow on trees outside of UMASS Campus. Fake professionalism is an understatement, value is a clash between employees, customers, and management, regards for outside lives is nonexistent, and "fakeness" is something that you will encounter the second you meet the HR Dept. if you are looking to make a career out of parking cars, or to aspire to be power hungry then I would recommend this job, although you may find yourself taking your anger out on college students who's dreams require a bit more than a background check.
Pros
Cars and friends
Cons
Abusive hours, bad management, bad atmosphere, high fire/discipline rate
May 17, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I would love to hear specifics about exactly what happened so we can address your concerns. We try to be as accommodating with scheduling as possible, but in the hospitality business the needs of our clients can change on a weekly, even daily basis.

Please contact me at 413-827-8916 or tduval@valetparkofamerica.com - Tim Duval, HR Director.

Would not recommend to a friend unless they just wanted some extra cash
Valet Captain (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYApril 4, 2017
Valet Park of America has to be the worst company I've ever worked for as far as accommodating to their employees. They only see to do what helps their company strive, I understand they have a business to run but, the fact they don't drug test people whom are trusted to drive customers vehicles.
May 17, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this. We try to be as accommodating with scheduling as possible, but in the hospitality business the needs of our clients can change on a weekly, even daily basis. This is especially true at a casino location with events and large fluctuations in customer volume. We do conduct random drug tests per our policy. If you have specifics that we can look into, I would like to hear from you so we can research.

Productive and fun place to work
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 25, 2017
It a fast paced job. I learned many new things about cars especially because you are put in many different scenarios and help all kinds of customers. Its a rewarded and fun job.
Great workplace
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 5, 2017
Help people in and out of cars, survey cars, hold onto keys, interact with customers, help putting things in cars, smile, keep friendly and always have a positive attitude
Pros
Tips
Cons
Short breaks and long shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valet Park of America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about