Valhalla Place - Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Productive work. Nice environment
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2019
Typical Day at my work would be, Verifying insurance and meeting with Patient to tell them benefits. Hardest part of my job would be telling patients that they have to pay.
Great
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 26, 2018
Working with clients facing a substance abuse disorder and helping them gain the knowledge and skills to go down a road of recovery and success away from drugs or alcohol.
Most Stressful place ever
LADC Methadone Maintenance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 10, 2018
These people will work you to death. Way too much work and cannot be completed within the time frame. Management is unreasonable and demands are very high. Meridian Behavioral Health took over this company which made it even worse.

They hire friends, whether they have experience or not. They look for employee friendships and will find alternative positions for people who break the rules but let go of ones they dont like without a justifiable reason.
Pros
I loved working with the clients
Cons
Management does not appreciate how hard you work, makes excuses to keep from giving you a raise, unfair
Lpn
LPN Addiction & Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 19, 2018
Employer was nice to work for. Good benefits, flexible scheduling, and pay was good. It was an enjoyable work environment and the staff was nice to work with.
Fast Paced
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 10, 2017
Typical 40hr work week in an MAT setting. Large patient case load, must be able to be highly organized and keep track of many data sets. Many policy changes and strong computer skills are a must.
Pros
generous amount of PTO
Cons
micromanagement
Interned here
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 17, 2017
I was not an employee but an unpaid intern. I loved working with my supervisor and was able to gain valuable knowledge that helped me obtain my Masters Degree.
Job Review
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 12, 2017
The company is experiencing growing pains. May not be appropriate for me any longer due to my personal career goals, however it is a great site for experience with MAT and crisis management services.
Worst employer ever
worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 9, 2017
This is just a controlled substance business, no ethics in their practice, patients are so frustrated, management is the worst. I would never recommend this employer to anyone.
Valhalla Place
LPN/RN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 8, 2016
This was an excellent learning experience. I learned a lot about addiction and medically assisted recovery. The days start early (5:15 AM) but are rewarding. Management is great and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the early mornings but the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing what a difference I was making in peoples lives!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Schedule
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 9, 2016
Great work environment. Co-workers are really supportive and helpful. Heavy work load but genuinely fun place to work.
Pros
4 weeks PTO to start
Cons
Comparatively low salary
Created a peaceful and safe environment for ages 11+
Superintendent/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NCFebruary 4, 2016
The hardest part of the job is the cleanup involved after the children. In my management position my typical work day includes overseeing websites visited and time spent is to be productive for those under 18 years of age. I've learned that this is a very enjoyable line of work.
Pros
Internet all day. Gaming on PC/all consoles as much as I want.
Cons
Parents ruin it for a lot of the 11-18 age group.
Used to be great
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 9, 2015
Valhalla Place used to be a fantastic place to work. Now the only good benefit is the generous PTO but you are questioned if you choose to use it. Poor communication, lack of leadership and little to no training makes working here chaotic and more stressful than necessary. They used to care about their staff.
Pros
Great clients that you can work with long term
Cons
No communication
No place better!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 9, 2015
Unbelievable work environment. Everyone is professional and you're treated as a professional. I've heard horror stories about other places, Valhalla IS NOT one of those place. A++
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, patients.
Cons
Starting super early.
Very strong therapeutic environment
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 19, 2013
On a typical day I would have 3 to 5 clients come in for therapy. I would attend staffing and supervision meetings as well as consult with Addiction counselors.
The hardest part of interning at Valhalla was having clients relapse. My co-workers were supportive of my learning and provided a strong ethical work environment in which to practice. At Valhalla Place I learned how to conduct diagnostic assessments, create treatment plans and utilize a variety of therapeutic techniques with my clients. The most enjoyable part of internship was working with the clients. Watching depression lift, anxiety dissipate and behaviors change was very rewarding
Pros
great staff, clients and co-workers
Cons
clients missing appointments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valhalla Place - Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Valhalla Place - Meridian Behavioral Health Reviews by Location