Valiant Integrated Services

United States86 reviews

Valiant Integrated Services insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great Company

Good Company. Good leaders. Strong ethics. Only CON is that the healthcare benefits and options are not competitive. Also sometimes leaders don't do a good enough job of bringing the different teams together.Overall, good place to work.

Nice place to work

Nice place to work. I love how much they help you to succeed . The coworkers are great, a nice family environment. Pay could be a little better for the skill trades. The insurance is expensive with very high deductibles but the government helps compensate with a health and welfare stipend added to the paycheck.

Good job while it lasted

I didn't work there long. The job description was different than what I was hired for, I was sort of just thrown into the job without knowing much about what I was suppose to do. I was promised new computers, software, training and new equipment. I got none of it but I did the best with what they had on hand. I ended up really enjoying the job and the people I worked with. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. Valiant lost the contract and a new company came in. I was pushed out with no real reason why. Upper management seemed like they didn't even try to keep me on. So that was the end of that job.

Pros

Relaxed and stress free. Worked with some good people. Good pay and compensation.

Cons

Questionable upper management. Too many "maybes"

Ok place to work if you don't like money

I have never seen so many offers rejected in my life. They lowball you and get mad when you don't accept. Worked as a contractor briefly due to me finding a job that almost pays double what Valiant was.

Pros

No stress

Cons

Pay and benefits

Always learning something new....

I enjoy my job because I enjoy learning new things, and with software upgrades, console program updates, and changes with training requirements... I learn something new almost every day.There is flexibility with my schedule and my on-site management is great. The downside would be that there is little opportunity for career progression unless someone does get promoted leaving a vacancy or leaves the company outright.

Pros

Flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement for technology based classes

Cons

Lack of promotion opportunities, hours aren't always stable

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Good pay

Finding their way. What else can I say... it's a defense industry acquisition... they can be messy and gaining clear lanes and support for winning business is a challenge... but the job pays well as long as you have a contract to work.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

No Biz Development Support

Its ok but no room for promotions

I do not work for the headquarters office but as a contractor for the company. Results will vary depending on your work location. Everything is driven by the contract. That means that X positions must be filled and they get X salary. Have not received Cost of Living raises in 4 years because it was not in the contract (This is frustrating with rent going up everywhere). The management at my location is great and they do what they can to take care of their employees. In most cases there is no room for promotions but more lateral movement. Bonuses were only received once out of a multi-year contract so far. The company is also accommodating for family life and will work with you to ensure you can take care of what is needed. Overall my experience has not been terrible here but more frustrating with lack of compensation/raises to me and the people that work here.

Pros

Decent life balance, site lead is decent, great team at my site

Cons

Healthcare can be bad sometimes, no raises or CoL

Salaries are paid on time.

Lousy place to work as some managers are self-centered, narcissistic, passive-aggressive, drug-addict bullies. I wouldn’t recommend Valiant under any circumstances.

Pros

Paid on time.

Cons

Bullying managers.

To this company your only numbers

This is by far the worse company I've worked for, benefits are terrible. Corporate doesn't care about anybody working below them. Also they make rules that themselves don't even follow. Don't trust this company at all. One day your working there, the next they're giving you laid off papers saying they have "reduced their efforts" in such short notice, that I lost my hard earned PTO.

Pros

Easy job

Professional and supportive atmosphere

In most of my positions I was the leader and it was my responsibility to monitor and motivate my workers. In that role I was supported by my superiors even though they were located a continent away. It was a great job.

Good place for consistent pay and consistent hours.

Excellent place to work provided that you are outgoing and willing to get to know your fellow co-workers. Work loads can be stressfull from time to time due to the location not having enough people, so that everyone has to cover down on everyone else.

Pros

Pay, Consistent hours

Cons

30 mins from nearest town.

Wonderful job requirements

I was blessed to work as a Graphic Artist at Fort Polk. The job and the people that I worked directly with were wonderful. Wish I could work remote!

Pros

Loved my job!

Cons

Leaving to relocate.

No major complaints

Worked as a contractor. Good income but it was shift work which varied from 0800 to 2400. Although pay was good the company gains and looses contracts often and as such would loose good employees. It’s just the way it goes with companies who provide government services.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Government Contracts come and go

Leadership that will put your interests first

I can't speak for other locations/departments, but my department has open lines of communication and managers that won't throw you under the bus. You get honest feedback from them and will be defended from random people coming up to you and asking for things.

Great learning experience with good compensation

good work environment with plenty new to learn about every day, especially if your not extremely familiar with mechanical equipment. opportunities to move up. pay is good.

Nice place to work

It was nice because I was the only one working on second shift. My manager was a great boss. Helped me out on many projects. It was great working Monday thru Friday.

Unsupportive work environment with no upward mobility

There is a lot of talk from management and HR but no action to support associates' aspirations or concerns. I did not fully recognize how toxic of a work environment the office had become until I left. Job descriptions are re-written at will and by colleagues (not supervisors) to meet varying agendas. Quality of work has dramatically declined since Valiant bought Cubic as talent is leaving; multiple talented candidates have refused offers based on poor benefits and declining work environment. Long-term outlook bleak as contracts are being lost due to diminishing qualifications of associates.

Pros

Work/life balance was supported

Cons

HR and management do NOT care about its employees

Supporting the mission

I loved my time with Valiant. I was a field Cameraman it was always exciting! Only reason I left the job was because lf military PCS. You work hand in hand to support the Mission at JRTC. Its awesome

Management Could Care Less about Employees.

You are nothing but a # with this company. You will have zero advancement. Any opportunity that comes up is given to buddies. You are treated like a child.

Pros

Time off from work

Cons

Going to work

Not bad

Government management company who was awarded contract from Cubic. I don’t know much about this east coast company and couldn’t tell you much about upper management.

Great Company Culture

Valiant is an awesome company to belong to. Great managerial skills and administrative personnel. The company takes care ofbthe employee from Orientation to the last day.

Common questions about Valiant Integrated Services

Answered by current and former employees at Valiant Integrated Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valiant Integrated Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9