Valicor Environmental Services Employee Reviews

Not a real lab
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2019
The pull behind trailer that the Stl location calls a lab is a joke. It lacks several key safety features a real lab has. If you’ve worked in a decent lab before, you don’t want to work in this one. Dealing with the HR person from Ohio was less than ideal. Glad I got out.
Nothing but a place to work your life away.
Operator (Former Employee) –  MiddletownApril 21, 2019
Poor communication. Extremely heavy work loads. Long hours. Poor management. Poor raises. Don't expect to have a life if you work here. They will work you to death. No time for family, no time for anything else besides work. Constantly bothered about work by management while off the clock. It follows you everywhere. Zero professionalism. They'll promise you whatever you want hear to get you to agree with working or moving positions. Dont ever expect an "Atta Boy" because nothing is ever good enough, it's always more more more.
Pros
Pays bills
Cons
Everything. Literally nothing is worth being trapped here.
Summer time job before going to college
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJanuary 30, 2019
Valicor was a very well managed environmental service company. I worked with others to recycle liquid soaps and other products. It had a very good culture and management did a great job.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Not an intellectual job
Great Place to Work!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHJanuary 24, 2019
My workload on a day to day is very productive. Time always fly and I feel like I'm making a difference at Valicor. It always great to be part of a growing team. If you are looking for an opportunity grow and display your skills and talents Valicor is the place for you. The environment is always changing and that's great because it will help you grew quicker.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No Break Room for Office Staff
Awesome career choice. Great company. Life-long job.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 24, 2019
I have worked for Valicor for over 2 years now. I love the company. I came into the industry knowing very little and have since been thriving. My coworkers are my teammates and I plan on being with the company for as long as they’ll have me. For my specific position, I am able to make my own schedule, travel, am not micromanaged, have bonus & raise opportunities, and great benefits. I can say for all of the facilities that I have visited thus far, the company moral and team spirits remain relatively the same. You’ll find that many of our employees have been with the company for years with no plans of leaving any time soon. Valicor is a great company to work for if you are a team player, hard worker and dedicated employee!
Pros
Flexible hours, possible remote work, team oriented, mileage reimbursement
Competitive place to work.
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2019
A fast pace environment with numerous things going on at one time.
Everyday is different with challenging tasks for multitasking jobs.
Its great to know at the end of a challenging day that your accomplishments were completed.
Pros
Having a great team to assist with any challenges.
Cons
Not enough time to complete all tasks in a day.
Excellent Company to work for!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 23, 2019
Great atmosphere and leadership! Valicor truly cares about all their employees and makes you feel like part of the team. The company is growing and lots of opportunity for growth! The pay and benefits are very competitive.
Overall a good company that is growing fast
Driver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHJanuary 23, 2019
Fast paced and challenging. Valicor is growing fast adding new facilities throughout the country. Be willing to work hard. Valicor is a leader in the waste water business. The management gives you the opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
Pros
Good benefits and 401K
Cons
Very busy
Good people, Good job, Good for the environment.
OIl Manager (Current Employee) –  Cin Day RdJanuary 23, 2019
Valicor is a environmental company that pushes everyone to do what is right, do it well and do it always. The pace can be fast at times but you are rewarded with good compensation and benefits. The company culture is one that stresses best practices and the entire team strives to work together. There are days that are not easy, but as a whole it is a good work environment.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Good benefits, People are good to work with, If you work hard and take ownership in your work you can advance. 401K match
Cons
Some days are stressful and usually fast paced, We are so busy that it often seems we need more time and people to do all the tasks, especially drivers.
Great Place to work, Nice People, Good Compensation and Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 17, 2019
I wasn't sure what to expect coming to an environmental services company. Its a really interesting industry and its been a great place to work. People are very collaborative, helpful and fun. They do things right at my plant and I appreciate that.
Pros
The People, Respectful, nice benefits
Cons
Have to hold your nose sometimes because of the smell.
Growing Company, Great managers and co-workers
Sales Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Valicor is a great place to work if you're comfortable with a fast-paced environment at a place that is growing rapidly. I work with wonderful people who are really respectful and appreciative of my skills. I enjoy coming to work each day. So many people who work here are long-time employees and I think that says a lot! I'm newer, but with the changes that have taken place as the company has grown, I can understand why they would stay. Good benefits, super 401K program. A nice environment except for the plant smell that is sometimes stinky.
Pros
Great people, excellent market to be in with good growth potential.
Cons
Sometimes it just smells in the plant.
Over all good
Lead plant operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2018
They over work and under pay expect u to do the job of a manager and not give u manager wages expectations exceed past reasonable unorganized was good job until facility manager got fired and it was never replaced
Pros
Some people go out of thier way to help
Cons
Poor managment long laborous days little home time
Productive and enjoyable work space amongst co workers yet stressful on competetives terms and poor management.less
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 12, 2018
At the time I worked for Valicor it was exciting and an actual enjoyable job. Decent pay with oppertunities to advance financially. it came with good benefits and actual on the job training for other departments. Yet, some of the management were very poor in attitude and behavior. The key players/Bosses were cool by the book well behaved and professional men. Needlees to name names, Valicor would had been the perferect job to establish long term goals had it not been for some dicrimenating childish leaders. the company as a whole gets my recommendation for employment.
Pros
decent starting pay, benefits, on the job training, some what of a family feel
Cons
not so healthy work invironment, unfairness do to favortism.
Good
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHMay 29, 2018
Valicor is a very good job to have. The people you work with are mostly friendly, and the pay at Valicor is awesome. There are so many opportunities at valicor.
Pros
Friendly enviorment
Skip it if possible
Designer (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MIApril 25, 2018
With the exception of a few the atmosphere was cold for a small company. I found they would get rid of anyone at a drop of a hat instead of valuing the employees. The only interaction to create a team environment was going for drinks daily. If you aren't a drinker you are on the outs. Their processes are non existance and if you point anything out you are a problem to the company. The pay is not the best but OK.
Pros
Cons
not enough holidays, cold atmosphere, no real design just cut a paste.
Cut throat environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 25, 2018
Tell you anything to hire then treat you as if they own you. This place sold and it's every man for himself.no team or management support. No assigned equipment, you must beg for work and a truck and trailer most of the time. No one assumes response ability to manage work load. They like to play drivers against one another.
Pros
Hrs
Cons
Atmosphere
Could be a good job if you dont question the hours you are given or not given.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 24, 2018
Promised 50 to 55 hours then hours were cut to be given to drivers willing to work all weekends. Life quality is important to me and working occasional weekends was fine. To work every weekend was not acceptable. The manager was into drama and talking to other drivers that promoted hostility in the workplace. It was a great job until this came into a daily issue. The employee that worked all the weekends walked out without notice. I gave a 2 week and 2 day notice and my pay last personal time off day was taken away because I left 1 day early from the notice. That scheduled run for that last day would have been about 4 or 5 hours.
Just the facts, you decide.
Pros
Decent pay with overtime if you can get it, and good equipment
Cons
Various starting times each day, poor management
Great place before it sold
driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 12, 2018
They cant expect employees to be all chipper and do there job on a timely manner when upper mgmt. does not do anything on time. The first thing you get at any other company is a fuel card and we have several guys that's been here almost 6 months that still dont have one. The list goes on, if it has to come from the main office your F*$#&d.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
upper mgmt
good company
Assisted the facilities manager (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 14, 2017
good company to work for, lot of changes coming in the future with the sale of the company. Company use to be an ESOP company before the sale. Offers decent benefits package
Not a fun place to work
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILNovember 7, 2017
This company was a temporary work place for me. I just started working there because I was laid off from my other job .. there was no advancement at this company
Pros
It’s a jobs
Cons
The managers were very rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valicor Environmental Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Valicor Environmental Services Reviews by Location