Valle del Sol, Inc. logo
Valle del Sol, Inc.

Valle del Sol, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Inclusive and diverse

This is the first organization I worked in with a fully recognized integrated healthcare model. They fully embraced community, family, convenience and wellness.

Horrible place

Can’t ever get a hold of the supervisor floor LPN is selfish and makes the schedule to her needs and could care less about anyone else she barley knows what she is doing as a nurse and has been with the company for 25 years she’s mean and rude and will yell at you in front of patients. Patients where great only thing that had me go back didn’t last a few months before I left because of the nurses and how bad they were dangerous place to work !!

Bad experience

Don't do it bad,,90 days overworked lots of driving, eating at your desk, nasty emails from boss all about the units of billing .....Do not do it ...Its not worth it. People are quitting within the 90 days

Pros

Cons

overwork

Awesome Team

Awesome team, early working hours as a counselor in Methadone Clinic, I was never in traffic going to work or coming back home. Plus amazing supervisor!!

Fun workplace

Everyone makes you feel very welcomed. Liked how I learned about vaccines and on a daily basis tasks that I now perform on a daily at my new job. Management could have been more better as in explaining the requirements of job listings.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Otp lpn

I loved working with the patients and counselors. The patients were the only reason that got me in the door each day. You can never get ahold of hour direct supervisor and the floor nurse has no idea what she was doing every decision was for her own benefit and not her teams. Schedule changes without any notice. You don’t get a break. You are left alone for hours serving over 150 patients. The over all company is good but the medical team is not a good environment to be in .

I enjoyed working with the clinical team and working with SMI adults.

As a case manager, I worked with the clinical team to ensure we communicated client's needs. I learned members need services and need our help to live independently. Hardest part of the job was trying to assist members in finding housing due to the long wait list for housing. I enjoyed working with the clinical team as far as helping each other if another case manager was busy with another client.

Most enjoyable part of my job

The most enjoyable part of my job is /was helping kids and families . I often worked alone . I did not feel a sense of belonging at my position . I also did not feel a sense of fairness at my position

Great Learning Opportunities

As a LAC I was able to gain a lot of experience at VDS. I had support from immediate management and good clinical supervision. The distance was far but enjoyed the work environment.

productive work place

a lot of work to be done, got to meet new people, help people nice employees and managers helped people in need of services and...………………………………………………..

Jobs at Valle del Sol, Inc.

See more jobs

Again too much to mention

Alway getting threatened to get written up or fired. Over worked and unpaid for what company expects. You could choose not to take a lunch and work right through if you wanted too. So really they could care less if you eat or not.

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

No room for growtg

There is no room for growth. Staff is not allowed to be an individual or have their own ideas. The pay is horrible and there is no opportunity for growth

Great place

Valle del sol is a great placw to work. They have great team work and collaboration wirh othwr teams. They care about the well- being of their clients.

Continually add unrealistic expectations

I was really excited to work for the OTP program. After I started they expected the nurses to start billing the same amount of units as counselors even though we could bill for maybe 4 things. We were unable to bill for intakes because the doctor did and they brought in more money. Management told us if we didn’t bill the required units we would get written up. The nursing staff is caddy and impossible to get along with. The nursing supervisor doesn’t do anything to stop the attitudes from the nurses.

Good for a little while

It was a good short term job. However, my manager was very unprepared and often went to my own coworkers for answers to questions she should have known given her role.

Pros

Work from home options

Cons

Bad management

SMI Peer Support Specialist

My supervisor at the Red Mountain clinic was amazing. Due to the many miles I put on my car (80/day for commute alone) as well as driving for clinic related activities I put over 4000 miles on my car per month. Co-workers were very supportive, kind,andjovial. I was always supported, included, and felt as I was an integral part of the team.

Pros

Awesome supervisor, generous time off, compassionate co-workers, very relaxed atmosphere, very strong collaboration between all disciplines in an integrated model of care

Cons

Excessive commute, Wear and tear on vehicle, high production standards and thresholds, Clients can be emotionally draining, burnout

Great work environment.

I was lucky to secure a position for a school internship with Valle Del Sol. I worked out of two schools and believe the information I learned from shadowing and conducting my own groups will be very beneficial to me in my future. My supervisor was great, we had reflective supervision every week and I was able to voice any concerns I had.

Community Mental Health

At Valle del sol, Inc. I have been fulfilling the responsibilities of child psychiatrist treating children and families with a team of clinicians from multiple disciplines.

Not a place to work at; management was very poor.

Stressful and unrelaxed office atmosphere. Management didn't understand children and what proper healthcare was suppose to be. Children were diagnosed improper at times.

Pros

Cons

Little health care

Very poor management

The two week training they give is a general training they don’t focus on the specific job that you’re going for position very poor supervisors managing

Love this place

Great place to work for. Recommend to other NP's. I think they do a good job helping the less fortunate. They are a good organization and are a FQHC which means they can do things that other organizations cannot.

Pros

Student Loan Repayment.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valle del Sol, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Valle del Sol, Inc.