Valle Vista Health System Employee Reviews

Nursing
Registered Nurse Adolescent Psych. (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 8, 2018
Worse Place ever to work as a nurse. Management could care less about the nurses. Does not support the staff. Has it's favorites, forget the rest. Typical day work hard taking care of way too many patients, no break, and then yelled at if you work over. Not appreciated. There are cliques, backstabbing, and lies made up if you are not the select few. The most enjoyable part of the job are a few of the employees and the patients. I would not want to go there as a patient, nor send my family there. I would not refer others to work there.I worked there in 2015
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management not behind the nurses. Lots of Backstabbing, Nurse/Patient Ratio.
Awful RN job
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 3, 2018
Management a joke. Please read reviews first. Nurse/patient ratio ridiculous., no time to eat. Many Lies told, lots backstabbing. Eat too long shifts,
Pros
Free meals if u have time
Cons
RN/patient ratio, Lies, Manag.not behind nurses, paperwork, prehistoric: no computer charting
If you value your nursing license DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 31, 2018
(I do realize there are spelling errors in this review, but for whatever reason the page is not letting me scroll down to correct them. So I apologize in advance. )

Staff are CONSTANTLY OVERWHELMED with patients. You may get 15 discharged AND 15 admissions all on day shift as people run out of insurance days and management hoards the next batch of victims in. The unit stays full with 40 patients for two nurses and 4 MHTs. These

As a nurse I never had quality time to spend with my patients because we were always focused on the next patient once we got you in the door. I felt like a lot of patients just wandered around the unit for 5 days until they got discharged, they didn't receive any quality treatment.

And they put psych and detoxing patients in the same rooms together. Needless to say there were a lot of fights that the nurses and MHTs had to break yo. I never felt safe working there.

Valle Vista also calls itself a hospital,, let's not kid ourselves. They don't even have wheelchairs. There are no IVs. If an actual emergency happened we shipped patients to St. Francis, a real hospital. Yet, the admission staff had the audacity to accept patients who actuially needed a real hospital or rehab due to multiple medical conditions. Then the nursing staff were just sipposed to "figure it out" in terms of caring for these medically unstable patients.
Pros
"Hospital", so you can apply at a real hospital after working there for 6 months or so
Cons
Sherry CEO is HORRID, Pay, Quality of Care
Will not be what you expect
MHT (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 10, 2018
If you love a HS atmosphere, are apart of the in crowd, passive, love being lied to, over worked, having no guidance, constantly want to be in fear of loosing your job and having uneducated nursing staff....THEN THIS IS THE PLACE! These people do not care about you at all. You have an incompetent HR Department that does exactly what management tells them to do and looses paperwork. I can't tell you how many times I had to re submit paperwork. I could never find my manager on site and I'm still trying to figure out what she does. Payroll and HR run you around instead of addressing the issue. Then they blame it on each other - no team work at this job at all. As an MHT, they either work you to death or dont give you any hours.

Do yourself a favor and Keep looking!
Pros
Free lunches in the unclean kitchen
Cons
Their entire existence
awful place to work
Registered Nurse Psychiatric Unit (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 8, 2018
This was the worst place as a nurse that I worked at. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I would not work at this place if it where the last place on earth..
Just dont
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
I was lied to about the starting wage. During orientation staff members told us about patients being violated and the facility covering it up, they have no EMR which makes it easier to cover up the abuse. Dangerously short staffed. Donโ€™t work here and donโ€™t take your loved one here.
Pros
Non existent
Cons
Don't do unless you have no other chioce
Intensive Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 4, 2018
Poor management..
Money driven.
Dirty.
Low success rates.
People only stay because of the money.
They don't have an EMR.
They don't treat patients well.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Everything.
Omg not never
Candidate (Former Employee) –  United States Indeed Potential CandidateJune 19, 2018
After reading these current & former employees comments I'd be a FOOL๐Ÿคช to ever want to work here! It sounds as if this is a last resort for employment for the less fortunate, educated. Or those with a background that is very shady! To those that do apply ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜”"I wish ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ YOU ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ the best that can be expected" ๐Ÿ˜
Pros
Those who speak good about the employer
Cons
The employees who've experienced the employer's experience as an employee
chaotic workplace with a negative atmosphere
MHT (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 21, 2018
Very unorganized, turn over rate is higher than expected and working conditions are horrid. Many of the staff are over worked trying to cover shifts that are understaffed.
Pros
Free parking and free lunches
Cons
Negative attitudes of those that work there, management is not making changes fast
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2018
Helps kids and adults with mental disorders. If you enjoy this type of environment this is the place for you. It can be very rewarding. Good place to work.
Enjoy working with all of the wonderful hard working people
MHT (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work with hard working people. Enjoy working with this population. Leadership is supportive and always willing to be apart of the solution.
Good if in need of work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 21, 2018
Depending on which supervisor you were under you may or may not like the job. More often than not was a pretty stressful environment and always seem to be short staff.
Poor work enviornment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 8, 2018
Management here contributes to the poor work culture and unrealistically high job expectations. No supervision is conducted, no training is provided, positions, wages, and job advancement is based on upper management favoritism.
Pros
Experience in a fast-paced setting
Cons
Management, job expectations, ethics
Save yourself- do not apply to work here
NA (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 25, 2018
This company lacks the leadership needed to run a hospital fluidly. The upper management is verbally abusive to staff, deny vacation time, and disorganized. There are multiple OSHA and HIPAA violations occurring here that are covered up when Joint Commission comes around each year. There is no hot water for washing hands in restrooms, ceiling tiles falling in and mold. When attempting to report these issues, staff is told it is not their concern.
The workload continues to increase with no raises or bonus in place to compensate for hard work. During my employment of 3 years I received a generic raise each year of just cost of living increase.
Save yourself the headache, and do not apply here. They will literally hire anyone- whether or not they have credentialling or experience in selected field.
It is a toxic work environment for regular employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, terrible pay, disorganized
no Direction
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 13, 2017
during the time that I was employed there, there were 4 corporate owners, 5 health plans that were progressively worse each time, low pay for what was expected of you.
Management poor and racist team members
Mental Health Technician (MHT) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 27, 2017
Was a mental health tech st valle vista. Management was never there for employees. Patients aggressive towards staff. Life was in danger everyday. Had been hit, bit, kicked everything by patients. Certain employees do not talk to the staff who is white and goes against them. People who have worked there over a year feel they are entitled and can boss everyone around. Management is never around and doesnโ€™t do anything to help the morale of environment. Also very low staff so usually short handed.
Pros
Free meal
stressful but kept you busy with little down time (positive)
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 5, 2017
A typical work day included watching patients and making sure no one is doing drugs in the lobby or having any kind of panic attack. This place is a great place to go for addicts who need help and cannot control their lifestyles any longer. Seeing someone change their life for the better is definitely the best part of this job. Watching a patient overdose is the worst part of the job.
N/a
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 3, 2017
Valle Vista is a place to start a career in nursing and therapy. As being a technician, there's a lot of changes that are debatable to the work culture
Pros
Employees
Poor Compensation for the Workload
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 13, 2017
Poor communication between leadership & staff. Low moral due to continuing, unresolved issues with computer systems & billing practices. Leadership is unwilling to listen and/or consider any suggestion as to how to improve. NO electronic medical records; All patient charts are paper.
Extremely high paced enviroment. Working extended hours.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 3, 2017
Job duties and description were not consistent with what was provided at interview. Short nursing staff and seemingly difficult to keep nursing staff. Top administration not medical and after medical staff provide information for improvement, nothing is implemented. No opportunity to follow outcomes. Does have great benefits and pay but for a personal price.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valle Vista Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5