Valle Vista Health System Employee Reviews

Short staff all the time
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2019
This facility does not put patients first. It is for profit first and foremost. Need to find a way to retain staff instead of driving them away. Need to focus more on patient safety and hiring staff with more experience (give MHT more pay for more experience).
If you have any self-respect, don't work here.
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 23, 2019
This company is for-profit and that is literally all they care about. There is no concern for high quality patient care. Unethical practices abound here. If you value your license, don't sign on with this company. They will falsify assessments when patients don't meet criteria for admission in order to get insurance to pay. There is MOLD in the fountain machine in the cafeteria that patients have no choice but to drink from every day for every meal. If you became a nurse to sit back and say nothing while patients are put at unnecessary risk, then by all means, work here and you'll do just fine. But if quality care and safety of your patients is important to you, this is not the place. It's time for the state and JCAHO to come in here and shut this place down.
Pros
Some great staff members that truly care.
Cons
Upper management and financial motivation.
For profit business with very high employee turn around
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2019
Valle Vista is a for profit business. This means there is no time to connect with patients or serve their needs as the company culture is more worried about piling on admissions. The turn around for nurses is like nothing I have ever seen.
Cons
Nurse patient ratio, management
High School Setting
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, IndianaFebruary 8, 2019
Working at Valle Vista was like going to classes at a high school. Alot of he say she say amongst the staff. Management , Milieu specialist, 1st and 2nd shift supervisors, and human resources department are unprofessional. The nurses are GREAT AND UNDERPAID!!! JCO need to do a surprise visit. The MHTS AND MILIEU talk to the patients like they're trash. I wouldn't recommend anybody to work here or seek treatment at Valle Vista Dog House.
Pros
Nurses
Cons
Valle Vista
Life at Valle
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 15, 2019
I have been with Valle Vista for a little over six months now and I greatly enjoy it. While working here I have been able to learn more about mental health and addictions., A typical day at work consist of dealing with patients, parents of patients and other family members. some days are rougher then others people who call in can be very angry because they are scared for their loved ones and it comes out as anger. The hardest part of my job is watching the brokenness in children as they come in to be seen. Watching the sadness in their eyes as they don't know how to express what is going on inside. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to watch the girls in residential grow and learn how to cope and deal. I love seeing people successfully complete the program and have a positive out look as they are being discharged. I also love all of the people that I work with, the fellow employees here help makes the days better. I know that if something needs to be taken care of I can bring it to the operate person and it will be handled quickly.
Pros
Free lunch, work with great people
Nursing
Registered Nurse Adolescent Psych. (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 8, 2018
Worse Place ever to work as a nurse. Management could care less about the nurses. Does not support the staff. Has it's favorites, forget the rest. Typical day work hard taking care of way too many patients, no break, and then yelled at if you work over. Not appreciated. There are cliques, backstabbing, and lies made up if you are not the select few. The most enjoyable part of the job are a few of the employees and the patients. I would not want to go there as a patient, nor send my family there. I would not refer others to work there.I worked there in 2015
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management not behind the nurses. Lots of Backstabbing, Nurse/Patient Ratio.
Awful RN job
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 3, 2018
Management a joke. Please read reviews first. Nurse/patient ratio ridiculous., no time to eat. Many Lies told, lots backstabbing. Eat too long shifts,
Pros
Free meals if u have time
Cons
RN/patient ratio, Lies, Manag.not behind nurses, paperwork, prehistoric: no computer charting
If you value your nursing license DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 31, 2018
(I do realize there are spelling errors in this review, but for whatever reason the page is not letting me scroll down to correct them. So I apologize in advance. )

Staff are CONSTANTLY OVERWHELMED with patients. You may get 15 discharged AND 15 admissions all on day shift as people run out of insurance days and management hoards the next batch of victims in. The unit stays full with 40 patients for two nurses and 4 MHTs. These

As a nurse I never had quality time to spend with my patients because we were always focused on the next patient once we got you in the door. I felt like a lot of patients just wandered around the unit for 5 days until they got discharged, they didn't receive any quality treatment.

And they put psych and detoxing patients in the same rooms together. Needless to say there were a lot of fights that the nurses and MHTs had to break yo. I never felt safe working there.

Valle Vista also calls itself a hospital,, let's not kid ourselves. They don't even have wheelchairs. There are no IVs. If an actual emergency happened we shipped patients to St. Francis, a real hospital. Yet, the admission staff had the audacity to accept patients who actuially needed a real hospital or rehab due to multiple medical conditions. Then the nursing staff were just sipposed to "figure it out" in terms of caring for these medically unstable patients.
Pros
"Hospital", so you can apply at a real hospital after working there for 6 months or so
Cons
Sherry CEO is HORRID, Pay, Quality of Care
Will not be what you expect
MHT (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 10, 2018
If you love a HS atmosphere, are apart of the in crowd, passive, love being lied to, over worked, having no guidance, constantly want to be in fear of loosing your job and having uneducated nursing staff....THEN THIS IS THE PLACE! These people do not care about you at all. You have an incompetent HR Department that does exactly what management tells them to do and looses paperwork. I can't tell you how many times I had to re submit paperwork. I could never find my manager on site and I'm still trying to figure out what she does. Payroll and HR run you around instead of addressing the issue. Then they blame it on each other - no team work at this job at all. As an MHT, they either work you to death or dont give you any hours.

Do yourself a favor and Keep looking!
Pros
Free lunches in the unclean kitchen
Cons
Their entire existence
awful place to work
Registered Nurse Psychiatric Unit (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 8, 2018
This was the worst place as a nurse that I worked at. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I would not work at this place if it where the last place on earth..

Want to know more about Valle Vista Health System?

Ask a question
Ok workplace to gain experience
Receptionist/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 19, 2018
Pay is not great. You will work very hard with little support from colleagues or management. Management is not often on the same page. You are often forced to do other's work, and it then becomes expected of you. Patients and families are usually a pleasure to serve.
Pros
Good opportunity to gain experience in mental health; job descriptions end up overlapping, so you are able to learn several aspects of hospital operations.
Cons
Very underpaid for the work and results that are expected. Management could be more supportive.
Just dont
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
I was lied to about the starting wage. During orientation staff members told us about patients being violated and the facility covering it up, they have no EMR which makes it easier to cover up the abuse. Dangerously short staffed. Don’t work here and don’t take your loved one here.
Pros
Non existent
Cons
Don't do unless you have no other chioce
Intensive Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 4, 2018
Poor management..
Money driven.
Dirty.
Low success rates.
People only stay because of the money.
They don't have an EMR.
They don't treat patients well.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Everything.
Omg not never
Candidate (Former Employee) –  United States Indeed Potential CandidateJune 19, 2018
After reading these current & former employees comments I'd be a FOOLπŸ€ͺ to ever want to work here! It sounds as if this is a last resort for employment for the less fortunate, educated. Or those with a background that is very shady! To those that do apply πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜―πŸ˜”"I wish πŸ™πŸΎ YOU πŸ™ŒπŸΎ the best that can be expected" 😏
Pros
Those who speak good about the employer
Cons
The employees who've experienced the employer's experience as an employee
chaotic workplace with a negative atmosphere
MHT (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 21, 2018
Very unorganized, turn over rate is higher than expected and working conditions are horrid. Many of the staff are over worked trying to cover shifts that are understaffed.
Pros
Free parking and free lunches
Cons
Negative attitudes of those that work there, management is not making changes fast
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2018
Helps kids and adults with mental disorders. If you enjoy this type of environment this is the place for you. It can be very rewarding. Good place to work.
Enjoy working with all of the wonderful hard working people
MHT (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work with hard working people. Enjoy working with this population. Leadership is supportive and always willing to be apart of the solution.
Good if in need of work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 21, 2018
Depending on which supervisor you were under you may or may not like the job. More often than not was a pretty stressful environment and always seem to be short staff.
Poor work enviornment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 8, 2018
Management here contributes to the poor work culture and unrealistically high job expectations. No supervision is conducted, no training is provided, positions, wages, and job advancement is based on upper management favoritism.
Pros
Experience in a fast-paced setting
Cons
Management, job expectations, ethics
Save yourself- do not apply to work here
NA (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 25, 2018
This company lacks the leadership needed to run a hospital fluidly. The upper management is verbally abusive to staff, deny vacation time, and disorganized. There are multiple OSHA and HIPAA violations occurring here that are covered up when Joint Commission comes around each year. There is no hot water for washing hands in restrooms, ceiling tiles falling in and mold. When attempting to report these issues, staff is told it is not their concern.
The workload continues to increase with no raises or bonus in place to compensate for hard work. During my employment of 3 years I received a generic raise each year of just cost of living increase.
Save yourself the headache, and do not apply here. They will literally hire anyone- whether or not they have credentialling or experience in selected field.
It is a toxic work environment for regular employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, terrible pay, disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valle Vista Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5