Vallen
59Below average

Vallen Employee Reviews

United States308 reviews
Very productive and the people I work with are amazing. I was able to learn so much working here and thanks for my manager she took the time and patience to teach me things I’ve learned .So much from working with her and I was so glad to have this experience now I can thrive and grow with another company
Pros
Our manager would buy us lunch from time to time which was very nice
Cons
We were allowed to take Nice breaks as long as we are responsible to come back at a reasonable time
It is a nice place to work I had started working here with no experience, Vallen and the team trained me and I learned more each day. I would not know what I do now without the help of my friends and coworkers here.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion, Friendly staff and customers, nice starting pay with good benefits such as health insurence dental, vision, 401k with company match, and vaccation time
Cons
Going up and down stairs many times a day.
The company afforded me much training and education. This company was a great starting point for me. I would still work there but I needed to move on.
Great culture, fantastic people, lot's of opportunities to advance. Management always puts effort into promoting internally, recognizing hard work, and providing all tools and resources for personal growth.
I had to do three peoples jobs by myself and was scrutinized for lack of performance when 12 hour days couldn’t do the job of three people. No help from management. I managed two large facilities on my on without the proper staffing. I was set up for failure in that I did everything that 6 people should have been hired to do. The customer was frustrated and I was too. I asked for help a thousand times
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Everyone I met who works in Vallen has been extremely kind and takes notice of hard working people. They work hard to help us have the proper knowledge to continue our job with confidence.
Very diverse culture. You need to be flexible in your availability depending on the shift. Good team culture and very good benefits. Can be demanding at timea.
Work within guidelines and expectations of the customer. Not much corporate support. Must maintain good relation with customer. Always focus on cost savings.
They more care about quantity than quality. They do not pay workers fairly. They do not hire from within, always from outside of company. They only care to pay corporate leaders with no care for the welfare of the workers.
Not worth your time. Always on edge if not in with.Management you not gonna make it no where to advance they are dishonest,and 3rd.Party contractor my advice.Stay away far away
Cons
I've been with this company for a long time. While they are making some serious improvements with the website and they're trying to improve our sales program, the communication and training is very poor. They continue to add more the workload while downsizing employees. They expect sales to grow grow grow but they keep adding more mandatory reporting tools, which then limits their time out in the field. It's completely counterproductive. m
Everyone is always so helpful and management will always help you out whenever you have questions and the people that work there will always help you out when you ask questions or if you don’t know anything
Vallen has locations in many parts of the country that allows you to relocate if interested. It also have SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that enables you to be self sufficient and work independently.
One of the worst companies that I have ever worked for in my career. My manager was the most incompetent, dishonest person that I have ever come across Sadly, this clown still works in their Metalworking department in the Southeast BEWARE!
Usually very busy, but the day went by quickly. Enjoyed working there for the most part. Learned computerized inventory, but it was not Windows based (old IBM DOS). Hardest part of the job was the JIT delivery/ inventory, which put us under great pressure. Most enjoyable part of job was being able to leave a clear desk at the end of the day, indicating that the day's work was complete. Enjoyed the people I worked with.
This company does not value its employees. There is also favoritism shown to certain employees without valuing the work experience and dedication of each and every individual. Its human resource department, continuously looking the other direction or sweeping things under the rug as one would say, every time you bring a concern to them. No encouragement in promotion or growth within the company.
Vallen was a Great Company to work for, The company had a Budget cut and My Position was eliminated. I enjoyed working there the workplace was very comfortable.
Our location went through a system migration, and as a distributor with inventory, it was not pretty. Numerous system errors led to many customer frustrations.
Management does not support with qualified knowledgeable people. You are basically on your own. Management says they support and encourage at the site level but that is a lie. The customers are your sole responsibility to build a relationship with and upper management adds no help. The internal working systems do not function well and if you ask for help it does not come. You are on you own to do the best you can. I worked hard to satisfy the customer but in the end was abandoned. Don't work here.
President communicates in a timely manner and is very transparent. Leadership are always working towards efficiency and employee happiness while maintaining customer happiness
Most people I worked with were great. I had manager support. Not consistent. Never felt secure. Favoritism. Easy commute. Flexible hours. When work day was done, didn't take it home with me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallen. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight