Vallen Employee Reviews

Vallen not a good place to w
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCApril 2, 2019
They don't care about there employee
They don't tell you what time your leaving
There is no kind of order organization there
They are rude
They don't train you correctly
Robotic work environment
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILApril 2, 2019
Worked at the one of the satellite site for three years.
Upper management decides to change administrative dutys and work hours. Fine, less take home pay and job becomes robotic. And bogged down with frivolous administrative tasks.
I doubt any of the upper management people can do that job for a month,
Pros
Cons
Boring work, low pay, no advancement.
Great company
Operations Specialist Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2019
Lots of Traveling to different site to help resolving issues. I had a chance to get experience to see different manufacturing sites and help the stocking become current.
An ok place to work
Quality Inventory Clerk/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 16, 2019
Its an ok place to work. It had its good and its bad just like any other place of work. Work load was steady at times but not everyday. The job was ok
A Company with Tremendous Growth Opportunity
Storeroom Manager I (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 16, 2019
Vallen has grown into an industry-leading wholesale distribution company in the industrial sector. There are many job opportunities that have arisen since the merger of Hagemeyer North America and IDG in 2014. Overall, it's a good company to work for and there are many resources to help you succeed.
a job
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 8, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Vallen. I was caught in a corporate restructure and my position was eliminated. Its just the way things are when you work
Worst place to work at
Safety (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 4, 2019
Lack of hour Management doesn’t have no idea what they are doing Dumb place to work out nobody moves up in company and all make the same amount. Sucks
Cons
Vallen is a decent company to work for
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 2, 2019
Vallen has shifted the focus from Industrial sales to solution selling. This is not what all customers are looking for or have a need for. My last manager was promoted from an Account Rep role and was trying to do both jobs, this resulted in poor management and lack of direction.
Pros
Job flexability
Cons
Poor management and focus
Management Team is building cohesion
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 12, 2019
This branch has been through a lot of turmoil in the last 3 years, but the sales and operations manager are two guys that genuinely seem to have the whole teams best interest at heart.
They have had to overcome 3 previous managers that were let go, and undo much of the damage that they had done.
Pros
Team environment-group lunches, open communication
Cons
Strict hours, work in all types of weather
Always under reorganization
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 4, 2019
This is a company that is consistently working to define itself. In that, there is often redirection and leadership changes. There is a new CEO which lends to greater direction and success.
Management is rude
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCFebruary 4, 2019
They don’t seem to care about you at Vallen, payday is great but you don’t get any respect from management there . Don’t work there if you have kids because I promise you won’t have any time with them or anything else like going to doctor appointments because you have to work all day long every day and if you have to go to important things like the doctor they will point you for it !
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Really bad management and people
Great Company
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 4, 2019
A great company to work for. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. Hard work is rewarded in sales commissions and promotions. The benefits are outstanding.
Pros
The employees
Cons
location
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 18, 2019
It is your typical warehouse, Monday thru Friday. You come to work and do your job and get to come back tomorrow and do it again. You learn new things daily.
Excellent
Outside Sales/Inside Sales/ (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 16, 2019
I loved every part about working here. I learned everything I needed to carry on with a successful career. The management was great and so were my co-employees.
Transitioning Company
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Vallen is newly formed company from the merger of IDG and Hagameyer industrial supply. It is a privately held French owned company which often dictates how it operates. While the HR VP claims to want her HRBPs to be strategic business partners, we are mired down in tactical administrative work. This is not a place for someone who wants to grow their careers.
Pros
Friendly team members
Cons
Very administrative work
Ok place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Decherd, TNJanuary 10, 2019
It’s an Ok place to start work but not a lot of opportunities for advancements without relocating . It is currently not a team work place. The house is divided.
Pros
Did not get hours cut during slow times
Cons
Not much opportunities for advancement without relocating
Interesting business model. Cutting edge technology.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2019
The company was known as Cameron & Barkley when I started then was acquired by Hagemeyer and operated as Hagemeyer USA. The company began operations in Louisville to facilitate a $100 million annual integrated supply contract with General Electric Appliance Park. It also supported a national sales contract with DuPonte.

The agreement was facilitated through the use of some cutting edge technology and processed a tremendous number of transactions very efficiently. As long as the invoice price matched the purchase order price funds were transferred from GE to Cambar every evening.

We assembled a great team and accomplished some amazing things until GE began to change the terms of the agreement and made it impossible for Cambar to remain profitable at the small gross margins negotiated in the original contract.
Pros
Cutting edge technology
Cons
Unattainable budget numbers, rapidly changing conditions.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pelham, AL 35124January 6, 2019
This was a great company and I would of loved to stay there but I was looking for an office job. I became and insurance agent and had to move on. Highly recommend.
Antiquated management practices
Fire Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2018
The work itself isn't bad. Management would often use statements along the lines of; "you should be grateful you have this job." "The vehicle we provide you is better than a raise."If you don't like it here, we can replace you.".
Management was "fix the blame not the problem" mentality. Management would promote their personal friends over the experienced personnel. CEO was fine, the management was horrible.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management and leadership
Good work environment with good Leadership
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Field, USDecember 12, 2018
Great place to work and advance within the company. Recognizes individual efforts and results. Bonus opportuities are generous based upon meeting individual and company goals.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Low pay for somer hourly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallen. Our community is ready to answer.