Valley Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Have to kiss the bosses butt.
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2019
You cant get anywhere unless you follow the boss around, complimenting her. The fresh start boss and her assistant. They are both cruel to clients and coworkers below them.
Great company, poor management
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2019
Valley is an amazing company and most of the people who work here are great. My management was not among those. it was a very sneaky environment where you did not receive feedback for months and then get in trouble for things you DID NOT know you should have been doing.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
unsupportive management
Fun enjoyable place with many team building activities
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2019
A typical day would be that of meeting and also client care. ive learned many new skills at VBH including supervisor skills and also time management. The upper management at VBH has always been very supportive.I feel that the hardest part of my job is not thinking about the clients when i come home. The most enjoyable part for me is the clients
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
Wage
Disorganized mess from the top down.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2019
The company has many different programs. The owner had never heard of the program I worked for and we served over 100 clients. There is little follow through or communication between all levels of the company, which ends up in the company failing the clientele. Could be a great company, unfortunately they aren't making sure their current programs are stable before starting more programs, keeping the structure in a lost state.
Pros
Depening on what program youre in your job description is flexible, allowing you to make your own schedule.
Cons
Terrible mgmt skills, ataff are not trained well, and follow through/consistency for clients is non existent.
management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2019
The upper level management of Valley Behavioral Health is the worst run company I have ever seen and I cannot believe that the board of directors has not cleaned house.
Great clients, terrible management
Adult Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2019
VBH is a great example of how not to run an agency. The pay is incredibly low, clients have very little access to resource, management does not take care of their employees.
Pros
Wonderful clients. Great experience for those just entering the MH field.
Cons
everything else
Great Mission
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 11, 2019
Valley Behavioral Health is a place that really has a great mission and really changes peoples lives. The work isn't easy but it is rewarding. Expect to work hard but also know that you are doing an important job.
February 21, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review with us. We are passionate and dedicated to helping make our community grow stronger, and are happy that you share that same passion. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Thank you.

Awful place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2019
You’ll never get a raise, they are not educated in mental health as much as they should. They treat clients like a number and not a person. Employees will always be thought of last. Very judgemental and coorporate. They have immature, inexperienced, and incompetent leaders. Very stuck up.
Pros
A job
Cons
Too many to type
February 7, 2019

It sounds like your experience with Valley was not what you hoped. We strive to ensure everyone has a great employee experience but know there is always room to improve. We will continue to evaluate and change as we receive constructive feedback.

Silos
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2019
This is a hard review to write because the mission of Valley is great, but the culture and compensation are not. Valley has programs throughout SLC, Park City, Tooele, and up north. These programs are completely mismanaged. None of the employees talk to the managers, managers aren’t conveying that in councils, or councils just simply don’t get it. Everyone is in their own personal silo and cannot see the larger picture, which results in no work/life balance. Everyone expects the person they message to answer immediately regardless of the hour, even if it can wait until the next day. There is a lack of communication between departments, which means timelines are often unrealistic unless you are willing to sacrifice everything you have.

The only people getting regular pay raises are the ones with CHIEF in front of their title. Everyone else gets nothing or minimal pay per performance because it isn’t in the budget.

Honestly, no one has any idea what each chief does. I don’t even think they could describe it to you if you asked.

Suggestion- how about getting people who actually understand business to be a chief.
Pros
Immediate team
Cons
Lack of pay, poor life and work balance, no real communication.
Independance
Clinical Mental Health Counselor- intern (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTDecember 27, 2018
Days can be full of clients or not as the independent contractor desires because you set your own schedule. The down side to setting the schedule is that inconsistency does not sit well with patients who like to have their therapist on call at their whims.
Pros
Variety of clientele
Cons
Variety of clientele
January 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review with us. We will use your feedback and others to help improve the experience of all of our employees. If there is anything more we can do, please let us know. Thank you!

A Career with Culture
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 23, 2018
Valley seeks hard working people who are dedicated to the work. Valley thrives on culture that showcases helping people in the community who struggle with Mental illness and substance abuse.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
Stressful/High demanding
January 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review with us. We are dedicated to providing the best work experience for all of our employees. If there is anything else that we can do to help improve please let us know. Thanks again!

If you would like experience being mind plucked, this is the place!
Prescriber (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityNovember 18, 2018
The clients are more mentally sane than the “O” people, as in CEO, CNO, CMO. The clients also are more human and capable of distinguishing right from wrong much more effectively than the “O”s. The office politics will leave you bleeding. You should just go ahead and wear a bullseye on the back of your apparel, because you’re going to get stabbed in the back. Program directors also enjoy participating in this form of behavior, after all, it is the only form of comeraderie and recreation that exists and is not only encouraged by senior administrators, they exemplify it in the most expert fashion possible. After saying good-bye to your personal life and relationships, you can also kiss your mental health and self-esteem away as only one thing is for certain: you are certain to get a soul beating work over. When you’ve been completely been had by the whole lot of this crüe, your spirit will have been sucked out of you and vomited at your feet. If the career consisted of grappling with the difficult problems of the mentally ill, addicted and homeless, in comparison it would be quite the stroll in the park. However your true calling will be enduring being jacked around by the evil “O”s and their minions whose lips are tightly affixed to their nether haunches.
Pros
None that’s worth it
Cons
Abusive staff and administration
January 4, 2019

It sounds like your experience with Valley was not what you hoped. We strive to ensure everyone has a great employee experience but know there is always room to improve. We continue to evaluate and change as we receive constructive feedback.

Favoritism
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 16, 2018
What I learned if your not one of there favorites but you, sure now. Also found out that I was the lowest one with the pay and the new girl that hasn't been there more than a week gets paid more than you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay, favoritism
January 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving your review with us. We will use your review and others to improve and help to provide the best experience for all employees. Thank you.

Good company to gain experience within social and help people within the community first hand
Admin (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 26, 2018
If you really want a taste of hard and honest-to-god meaningful work (especially with those who are homeless, facing court-issues and children experiencing issues relating to autism) this is a good place to start! Non-profit work is no joke and I commend anyone who works, or even thinks of embarking in this field. I enjoyed the relationships I built with co-workers, clients and feeling like I made a difference in humanity.

Although the company has challenges (sometimes the people), areas in need of improvement and isn't a "perfect place" (where is though?!!), it is filled with employees (also a plus!) who care about others and put action behind words. Also, the benefits, work-life balance, opportunity to transition to different programs and people make this an opportunity worth pursuing
Pros
People, mission, work-life balance
Cons
Sometimes too fast paced in certain areas
January 4, 2019

Thank you for your kind words! We are always looking for ways to improve so if there is anything that we can do to help better the work experience of our employees please let us know. Thanks again!

Corrupt, dishonest, toxic, morbidly obese.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  UtahOctober 6, 2018
Retention, or lack thereof, is simply a symptom of the big, fat issues this organization suffers from at its sloppy, mushy core. They made some higher-up personnel changes that seemed to promise positivity moving forward, but all hope was crushed. If Vader was the exec ousted, Jabba was the truly slimy replacement we never knew we hated.

Retention continues to be an issue, and instability within the organization makes this simply an unacceptable work environment. In a non-profit meant to bring support and healing to people, it’s all about appearance and getting ahead, making the most money for yourself, and shoving aside anyone who questions you or just might have better thoughts or dietary discipline than you.

At the executive level, narcissism, insecurity, and dishonesty dominate their interactions with lower-level employees. If you’re there to play their game and suck up to them, they love you. If you’re there to do your job and maybe try to grow in a career, fat chance. It’s time for a new CEO.

Long story short, steer clear.
Pros
Paychecks get out on time.
Cons
Executives.
January 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving your review with us. We will use your review and others to improve and help to provide the best experience for all employees. If there is anything else that we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Difficult
Certified Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2018
Valley struggles with many things. The pay is not good, the benefits should be a lot better. The training is minimal and the jobs can be dangerous at times.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else
Summary
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2018
I have worked for the company for 14 years and I have seen a lot of changes within the company and with upper management. I like the benefits and flexibility mostly.

Productive work place
ADULT MENTAL HEALTH CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTAugust 22, 2018
Loved helping the community. Enjoyed putting together projects for the shelter. Truly enjoyed being a victim advocate. Pay was not commiserate with my education. Benefits were not offered for part time people at the time. Managers were easy to get along with awesome co-workers, and mangement was approachable to new ideas.
Pros
Mangement was approachable, provided a community service
Cons
pay was low, no benefits for part time employees, pay was not equatable for the education
January 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving your review with us. We will use your review and others to improve and help to provide the best work experience for all employees. Thank you.

Vbh
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2018
Good job when you need something fast. Very low pay compared to industry, high turnover. There can be some flexibility depending upon the manager and type of job you work within.

Overall, no major issues with mgmt. they are always interested in promoting from within. The work is with high risk individuals with high level of risk for sickness and/or bodily injury.

Company does not take safety protocols too seriously. Low interest in employee safety.

Pay not equal to potential risk.
Pros
Some Flexibility, Easy to get job
Cons
very low pay
January 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving your review with us. If there is anything we can do further to help better the work experience with all of our employees please let us know.

Autism Aide (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2018
My experience with Valley Behavioral Health was a great one. The staff at the Pingree Center where I worked were fantastic and always were willing to help me out. It really felt like a family and everyone is there to help you do your job to the best of your ability.
January 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving your review with us! We are always open to feedback and will use your review and others to help improve the work experience of all of our employees. Thank you again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight