Valley Care Clinics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and a on the job learning experience.
Medical Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX 78503June 7, 2018
I shadowed a Medical Assistant, who work for a Nurse practitioner. I would call in patients and obtain information about the patient for the Nurse Practitioner. I would assist with cleaning up the examination rooms and conduct test like influenza and strep throat cultures. During my time with the Medical Assistant, when she had nothing to do but online work, I would shadow another Medical Assistant who work with the head Doctor of the facility at that time. When work was done and the Doctor had free time, he would take it upon himself to call me into his office and help trained me to better myself as a Medical Assistant. The Doctor taught me the best way to conduct a strep throat culture swab and minimize the dangers of a patient choking on their vomit, if they would feel the need to vomit while the procedure would be conducted. The Doctor also showed me how to do an EKG and would ask me to conduct the procedure on himself, he would ask his Medical Assistant to assist if needed. Overall my time at the clinic was productive and very informative.
Pros
Acquiring learning experience from the Doctor.
Very Stressful and lack of management
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsOctober 17, 2017
This place is under staffed and the current employees are over worked with little acknowledgment as to all the daily duties and task that they endure. I really hope they find a solution to help out their employees.
Pros
Drug reps and lunches
Cons
No lunches, ALOT of overtime and can not accomadate PTO due to lack of staff.
Good
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 19, 2017
Working with VCC clinic and the staff is great.
Almost all employees are very helpful and hard working staff.
Dr.'s are willing to help staff members as well with any questions and concerns.
Very interesting working there
RMA (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 27, 2017
Management needs more training on how to handle stress from providers and have better understanding with the staff that work alongside the providers. No job stability there what is so ever.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Care Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.

Valley Care Clinics Reviews by Location