Valley Farm Market Employee Reviews

fast paced
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 19, 2019
need more people that can do the work and work fast paced doing their jobs.we only had to wear certain things as a uniform.i wish they would of gave insurance like medical,dental,and vision.
2 Years at a Family-Owned Grocery Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAMay 2, 2018
The atmosphere of Valley Farms Market is laid back and easy going, with a large number of local, regular customers who come in on a frequent basis. There were only four registers in the entire store and, including myself, only four cashiers that worked on alternating days. This was the first job I had where I learned and was trained to work on the cash register and handling money.
The store, at the time, was family owned with the second and third generation running the business with several non-family members working in the other departments (cashiers, produce, meat, supervisors, etc.) and majority of the family were wonderful to work with and work for.
The most enjoyable part of my job were my coworkers and my regular customers who I saw almost every single day!
Pros
Hour-long lunch breaks
Cons
No benefits when part-time employee, no paid vacation time
productive workplace
Produce Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 13, 2018
A typical day at work is standing at the cashier patiently waiting for a customer so I can ring up their grocery. Some days are slower then others. You don't really learn anything new besides the code of the produce or other foods. The management is pretty decent very flexible and understandable. The hardest part of the job is learning how to deal with the different type of customers you get in your line. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Friendly place
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed working there and working with the people and meeting new customers all the time. I was always friendly to my co workers and the customers. I would work when I was scheduled and when I was asked to fill in for others
Excellent service and customer building relationship
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAJanuary 28, 2018
long time employee that was treated fairly and worked to help make the store a great place to shop while helping increase customers and sales

learned about inventory and merchandising while keeping the store profitable

maintained shelves, inventory managed and trained employees
ok
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 14, 2017
It was good working here.The customers always were nice and were constant shoppers.They came back every week.The staff were nice.I couldn't complain with this job.
Slow on some days insanely fast on others, and abusive management.
Hot Foods Employee (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 5, 2017
This isn't a job anyone should look to take for any long period of time, management is allowed to do and say what they want and they abuse their power as much as possible. Constant verbal harassment and racial slurs on top of being forced to do unnecessary things out of spite. Hours are usually good and the customers and coworkers are enjoyable for the most part.
Not so bad place work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 16, 2017
I worked cashier, and customer service desk. I did some bagging. Employees at the time were not the greatest to work with, but I can't say that all of them were unpleasant
Stressful work place
Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 25, 2016
Valley Farm Market was ok, but the upper management needed a lot of work. I was not compensated for my title the way I was promised. They expected too much without giving back. I did enjoy myself little, mostly do to the fact I had freedom to run my department the way I saw fit.
Pros
Freedom with how i wanted to run my department
Cons
Not so good upper management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weedville, PAMarch 4, 2015
Working at Valley Farm Market was great. It was a part-time position and at the time I was looking for full time. The owner's were great to work for. The customer's made the day fly by. The other employees were great to work with.
Productive and enjoyable work enviroment
DELI CLERK (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 18, 2014
A typical day would involve helping with customers, making deli trays, and handling phone calls and orders. The management is understanding and reasonable. My co-workers and pleasant to work with and make the day enjoyable. The hardest part to the job is trying to help with a difficult costumer to make the understand your point of view to something. The most enjoyable part to the job is helping someone.
Horrible to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 20, 2014
Come into work and help customers from 8-430 with a half hour lunch, The management to me was horrible. They are careless about their employees and could care less about the customers!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Careless Managers
No longer open
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 19, 2014
This store is out of business, nothing to say. It was fun while it was open.
horrible
Seafood Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 1, 2013
Horrible job. people worked there 30+ years getting minimum wage. management is very judgemental to say the least
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Friendly envirement but too slow paced for my taste
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2013
As a cashier my job was fairly simple at Valley Farm Market. We had to memorize a lot of codes for fruits and vegetables and know where everything was placed in the store to better help our customers. We rang in customers orders, scanned and assisted them as well. Baggers worked there but I perfered bagging my orders to provide the quickest service possible for the customers. There were many friendly customers I enjoyed as mostly regulars and some cleaning, stocking and item returning as well. Sadly there was no room to grow here and it was time to move on.
Country Butcher Shop style meat department in grocery store.
Part-Time Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 19, 2013
Starts off setting up both the service and self-serve cases with freshly cut meats, and completion of special orders. Learned to cut beef, pork, veal and poultry from several seasoned professional butchers. Co-workers are a lot of fun, but can sometimes overstep the boundaries of professionalism. Hardest part of the job is knowing that there is little to be done about advancement in wages and positioning. The hours are very flexible though and are the best part about working there if you are attending any educational institution full or part-time.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
benefits, advancement possibilities