Valley Fine Foods Employee Reviews

boring place to work at no advancement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAMarch 27, 2019
your standing in the same place for 10 hours a day. its a terrible place to work at, it's boring and everyone is staring at the clock all day from how bored they are.
Pros
no pros
Cons
10 minute breaks
Employees are great, Upper Management not so much
Senior Production Supervisor Forest City, NC (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCOctober 4, 2018
Plant Management definitely works super hard at filling orders while trying to please the hourly employees.
Upper Management (Senior Leadership Team) in Corporate, wants plausible deniability where they manage to cram 15 hours worth of work into a 10 hour day and expects the employees to be out of the plant in 12 hours.
Forest City Management and employees beg for help from corporate offices with little to no return.
There definitely isn't any balance between work/home. They demand entirely too much from its employees with very little to show for it.
Cons
Long hours, No support from corporate offices
Productive & Organized Enviroment
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 30, 2018
My typical day at work was fast paced a lil stressful at times but i learned something new everyday....My favorite part of the job was being on the forklift
poor management
Warehouse Lead/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCMay 15, 2018
poor management within the company I believe it can be a great place to work once they fix the structure of the company and start taking care for the workers needs more so than they were doing
Pros
good benifits
Cons
poor managment
Overall a good job to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCMay 1, 2018
I worked in Shipping/Receiving . It was a good job but it was so easy to make a mistake. The manager was very critical once the smallest things happened. The pay was decent. I only left because I pointed out due to my child being sick.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
short breaks
Hope to work tbere again,now tbat my kids are fulltime at school
Costudian (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAMarch 23, 2018
I was so excited to work there,I have a very nice supervisor,good people to work with,and it's different experience from all I work seems I started working here in USA.and I would like to work there again if they are looking for employee,and I would like to work there as a packaging etc.
poor communcation
mealline (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCJanuary 26, 2018
no one hardly communicates,, to me its important to know things about the schedule change.
when a new product in coming and what to expect
make sure all departments have all the items and products they need
for that day.
make sure warehouse does there part in the on hand count of inventory.. and don't always rely on computer,
Fun place to work an relaxed
Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCJanuary 24, 2018
This place is great for learning new things but the pay is not the best ... The job can get to be very dirty at the start of the process but it does also get very cold in the packing part of the job but is still interesting an will keep u going
Plant
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Work day was to just set up the line. in my area we made ravioli than we package them to be shipped out to places like costos and sam's club on a daily
Very professional people...
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJanuary 1, 2018
I loved this company and they treat you like a family..if they offer me another chance and I will do it for the sake of my kids.and one thing I like here is closer to home and people are nice
Pros
1 free meal every Monday
Cons
N/a
Very Stressful
Packing Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CADecember 12, 2017
Working there caused me to have high blood pressure, not the ideal place to work. Some of the people that work there are great people, it is the company its self that is the problem.
horrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 22, 2017
the management was horrible my lead would clock in before he got to work also would leave early. A friend who got me hired informed the management team of this they fired her and just took me off of the schedule after a few days after firing her. I was never late and I never called in.
Feels like home!
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJuly 14, 2017
I loved my time at Valley Fine Foods and often miss my former co-workers. The environment is excellent and everyone, including upper management, is supportive. Everyone is on board to support the success of the company.
Pros
great people, food, good job growth
Fun place and good management
Machine Operator/Filling operator (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJune 16, 2017
Very good place to work but last year they shutdown their production and laid off people including me. Pay rate isπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œand promotion also,I got promoted 2 times in 1 year.
Great Job!
Meal Line Prep & Raviolli Line (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCMarch 21, 2017
Great job. I loved the meal line there but I worked various positions there. It is a cool environment but I adjusted to it. I went through a lay off while I was employed there and called back in to work different shift
Pros
Great job
Cons
Cold environment
Hard work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAMarch 13, 2017
Start the shift by making rounds checking food waste trash. Change all food trash cans that are full. Put all food trash on to push cart to throw out. Then check all cardboard can for recycle.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCJanuary 24, 2017
I have moved up an up at this job I started out as a line meal assembly now I am a machine operator. I also like the the hours it is full time with optional over time.
Great Place to work but to many added on responsibility-no compensation
Research Development (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAApril 3, 2016
Work is pretty steady and I learned a lot of different areas in a food manufacturing company. Management is great when things are moving and my co-workers are awesome to work with. Hardest part of the job is the turn around of product. The most enjoyable part are the people I work with.
Pros
Co-workers make it worth wild to work here.
Cons
To many add-on responsibilitys with no compensation.
Underpaid and overworked period.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Company is highly unorganized, the office workers are treated better, get more PTO and sick days and the warehouse workers get less. Office workers get more parties and perks and treated like people. Their break room is more plush and they act like snobs. The warehouse workers get bottom of the barrel, no at work parties and a rare lunch compared to the office. Office workers get more parties treatment, kitchen perks and utensil, and liquid flavored creamer all the flavors faithfully. Warehouse workers get the can plain flavor. They smile in your face and treat you nice but treat you as inferior workers. The hardest part of the job is probably is putting up with the stress and knowing your underpaid and your salary cap is what you should be starting at and not ending. Most enjoyable part is that they give you a lot of chances before firing you, probably cause they cant hardly find people to replace a low salary worker for fast pace work.
Pros
Christmas party with raffle prizes
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, treated unfairly compared to office workers
Great place to work...Valley Fine Day's Of Our Lives.
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCSeptember 17, 2015
I loved working @ VFF and hope I have a chance to become a permanent employee someday. Advancement opportunities with the company is amazing. Also the CEO and family's involvement in the Forest CityNC location and the rest of the VFF companies all over the US is also truely amazing and commended by the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Valley Fine Foods Reviews by Location