Valley Health
63Average

Valley Health Employee Reviews

United States299 reviews
VH offers flexibility and autonomy. Most of the clinicians and administrative personnel are quite professional. People stay here for years for a reason!
WMC has a toxic culture that will kill the spirit of the most dedicated, caring healthcare givers. VH has a monopoly on healthcare in the area and leaves you no choice but to deal with the poor treatment, uncompetitive compensation, and lack of room for advancement. Get used to doing more with less.
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership, disrepectful treatment of loyal employees, low compensation, exploitation of hard working employees, understaffed, overworked, no work/life balance, high leadership and staff turnover
GREAT work place. I loved it. People are so nice. Staff is nice. Residents are amazing. Mostly everyone Can mobile alone but other than that it’s a nice environment
I worked there 20 years ago. It was so bad, I returned to school to do something other than be an RN. Salary, differential, rotating shifts for all personnel fell far below my expectations.
Its an ok place to start at, but wouldn't recommend staying. Co workers were difficult to deal with, and management only cared about their bonuses and budgeting staff to patients. Night shift techs would sometimes have 15-30 patients to their self.
Pros
Free pizza and discounted lunches
Cons
little to no breaks, few working pieces of equipment, and no staff
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Being sole provider at VH Quick Care setting, provider and MAs collaborated well and worked as a team to provide the best quality of care to our patients.
It seems their agenda is customer satisfaction which I agree is important.but there are times where other factors play into that, where nurse capabilities are disregarded just for a good number
I would not recommend this place to work as a phlebotomist. Management is the worse and it's the truth. Our two phlebotomist bosses could care less about the workers. Lots of gossip almost feels like middle school again. The worst job I ever had and regret everyday taking this offer. I cannot wait for another job opportunity to come up.
loved most of the people i worked with. serious problems with management, many issues with administrators making bad decisions about clinical situations.
Liked my job. I used a hand held electronic scanning device to do this job. Something different every day. Meet lots of people doing this job. Did a lot of driving ,covered a large area. Valley Health provided the vehicle.
Valley Health is the WORST company to work for. Great place to be a patient but not to work for. I’ve worked fast food before and it was better than that. You’re treated poor, the benefits aren’t that great, and it’s just a toxic company. Also, so many HIPAA violations !!!
The customer is always right regardless. Employees are picked for advancement based on their relationship to management not seniority. It's like high school they have their clicks. Sometimes you fit and sometimes you feel like an outsider.
I enjoyed doing my internship here. I learned a ton of stuff in the time I spent there. I would recommend this company everytime. It has a great work environment.
They have always worked with my schedule, while I was in school, and once I became a full time and a float employee. They have over 35 offices located in WVA, and Ohio.
Winchester is a lovely community to work in. You will find a wide variety of folks to serve and work with ~ don't say anything negative about management and you will be loved.
They invest in the hospital but they don’t invest on the workers. They are always short on staff. Benefits are okey but they dont value their workers.
The Managers are a joke. All they do is “go to meetings” etc. They do not know the policies. They don’t know anything honestly. If you want help or need to find something out it’s better to go to a veteran employee. The managers have no respect for their employees and most of them don’t have any long term experience. Forget trying to get a hold of HR. That’s a joke. They never go to the source of their own employees before making changes.
Not enough staff and when appropriately staffed they are trying to send someone home. Evil eye from manager if you are sitting in workroom. One minute late and it is a half an absence...forget your badge? Full absence!! No market increase for over 7 years! Annual raise of usually 1, 2, 3% is based on middle of pay scale, not your actual base pay. You will go out first rounds with 20 treatments due in two hours! You will have to cover multiple floors including ER with two other floors each with 80 beds! Unreasonable expectations.
Overall I had a less than desirable experience with the fitness center for Valley Health as a lifeguard. The management was very poor and confusing, plus some of the male co-workers (including me and my friend) being paid significantly less for the same job done to the same standard, and we had been there for a year longer than some of these other female employees.
It was my co workers that made it all worth working there. The people you work with can make it a great day or the worst day you every worked in your life. I was lucky enough to have one of the best teams I had ever worked with, in my life there!They were my work family.
WMC is understaffed, (nurses are underpaid and overworked), makes the workplace feel unsafe. Little support from management. Too many patients per nurse, and not enough techs or nursing assistants.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9