Valley Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A work in Progress
Circulating RN, BSN, CNOR (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 16, 2018
I cannot speak for all of Valley Heath Positions, but the OR culture is in need of change. I believe it has finally started. Some steps have recently been taken, but good permeant change is a long time away from coming and being permanent.
over managed
Scheduling Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surgical ServicesOctober 14, 2018
Too much management not enough help!!!! Treat the staff that have the knowledge and experience of the positions like dirt and push them away and have to retrain retrain staff because they cant treat the staff with the knowledge of the job with respect !!! Very bad way to run health care facility.
Pros
Good location and Benefits
Productive and Progressive
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 9, 2018
We are always communicating, and working to meet and go beyond the next day's needs. Difficulties are regularly addressed, and relationships are cared for within and in between the departments. We are constantly improving the culture, tools, and procedures for our work environment.
Pros
Great supervisors/manager, healthcare, regular opportunities for raises
Cons
Too much relational separation between our department and our partner department (being addressed).
Stable employment.
RN Pre Admission Testing (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 8, 2018
They need to do more for nursing retention. They also need to offer insurance when you retire.
Managers need to be more involved with the daily operations of their units vs. meetings.

VHS provides excellent healthcare for their patients, but need to concentrate on their employees.

We need more working staff. VHS tends to be top heavy with managers.
Nice working conditions
cook (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 25, 2018
Early hours set schedule and good management are some of the things I liked most every other weekend off and some holidays busy kithchen with food being cooked for patients and retail
Pros
The people
Cons
Too far away from home
registered nurse
RN Surgical Telemetry and Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 17, 2018
The pay was low and the acuity of the patients was high. My co-workers were nice to work with. I rarely saw management or administration. Education offered was a plus..I learned alot.
Worst company to ever work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 2, 2018
They say they will send you back to school and reimburse you for going back to school. Then when you are about to go back they tell you since you work at the surgery center youre not part of valley health. My paycheck comes from valley health. Its an excuse after excuse. The turn over rate is horrible because the director doesnt know what shes doing and will be at one office for a year and leaves for another state. Valley health doesnt care about their employees at all. I had pneumonia and whooping cough and they would not allow me to be off or leave. Worst job ever.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Doesnt care about employees health
Fat Paced Work Place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 26, 2018
This is definitely a fast paced work environment. Love working as a team with everyone that I work with. I love learning new things each day and serving the patients.
Night time position and full time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 21, 2018
I worked here for a short period of time due to a family emergency and had to leave the state but it was a great place to work friendly staff and I learned basic house keeping skills.
Benefits
Cons
I enjoyed the peope and patients I worked with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 18, 2018
CNA Behavioral Health Former Employee. While I enjoyed working with my co-workers and patients the CNA's in this department are the lowest paid CNA's at WMC. It is a lock down unit and at times we (CNA) are scared to be out on the floor but are required to always be there. Nurses are behind a glass window. There is no consistancy in protocol which makes it hard to enforce rules with patients. A very high stressful job with no recognition unless you are a favorite.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Poor pay, Inconsistent in rules
Great place to start at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 14, 2018
This is my first job as a CNA. Although there are many benefits at VH, at times, I feel unsafe with the tech:patient ratio. 10-14 patients is unsafe. Especially when 75% of those patient's require 1 on 1 care. I realize we work 12 hour shifts, but with the work load we have, there is not enough time in the day to complete our required tasks The compensation we receive for what CNA's do, is not fair. I have learned that without team work and dedication, this job would not be do-able.
It's a steady paycheck and good beginning phlebotomy experience.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winchester VAAugust 11, 2018
Presently, I work with an amazing team consisting of about 5 people on a shift to service a 600 bed hospital plus a busy ER department. The high turn over rate of Phlebotomists at my facility adds undue stress to the job. We are always hiring new Phlebotomists that need training and rarely stay over a year.

At the moment, it's a job. Looking for something closer to home ( I drive 100 miles a day for work ) . The stress is high and the pay is below par with other hospitals in the area. The equipment is in disrepair. Management does little to correct these situations and it hasn't changed in the past three years that I have worked there.We now share carts in a department with over 40 people. When brought up at a meeting, it was stated that Valley Health can't afford enough carts at 1500.00 each. I'm not being negative, just stating fact.

I have learned a great deal of skills including caring for difficult patients. Drawing blood from new borne babies, trauma patients and people from all walks of life, ethnicities and religious beliefs.

It's been a great experience but it is time to move on.
Pros
Steady paycheck and rewarding patient experiences.
Cons
High turn over, busy workload.
Productive and fun work place
Dental receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed meeting new people and learning new things. I had the opportunity to learn a lot. I made new friends and had an awesome opportunity to learn the dental field.
Pros
Got to wear jeans on Fridays
Cons
Had to work one 12 hour day a week
Management needs to be more professional and not have the buddy system.
Dental Assistant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, WVAugust 7, 2018
This place at Valley Health is too much favoritism that goes on. The receptionist are always wrong and always gets the blame. The windows needs covers on them to protect the receptionist. No pay raise. Nurses needs to be more courtesy to the patients and not talk about the patients problems to other employees. Management is very poor they need more training. I feel like all the above wouldn't happen if management was trained better.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management is very poor.
Enjoyed caring for clients with compassion
RN (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 2, 2018
Good place to work. Enjoyed caring for clients with positivity and compassion. Enjoyed working as a team, learning new things every day, and assisting patients to improve their health.
I enjoyed working with the Radiologist there and had some great co-workers.
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 30, 2018
The Radiologist were very easy to work for and trusted my ablities which made me feel valued. There were many co-workers that made Valley Health enjoyable to work for.
Wonderful group of people at the Hurricane location
Front Office Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVJuly 25, 2018
The Hurricane location was an excellent place of employment. I felt that Valley could pay a bit more to the hard working employees. Benefits were good and overall an excellent place to work.
Excellent
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 22, 2018
I had amazing bosses during my time at Valley Health. I loved the organization and the people and resources I collected along the way. The schedule was always flexible and the pay was comparable for my age and skill set. The only down side was that since I was a per-diem employee I never received a raise.
Need more nurses
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAJuly 2, 2018
Staffing issues make the environment a hard place to work. Promised to go to 12hour shifts and yet to do so. Most staff are over worked and call in for days off.
Pros
Distance
Cons
Staffing
Wmc
RN Case Manager-Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 27, 2018
WMC strives to be the leader in healthcare, promoting quality patient care, continued education for staff, and cutting edge technologies for sustainability. WMC was an excellent place to work.