Valley Health

Valley Health Employee Reviews

Valley Health insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Ehh

Honestly it’s okay. I’m comfortable here but it’s not what I really like. It’s okay, pay isn’t very good. Management is not good. Benefits aren’t too bad.

Get to meet a lot people.

New hires make almost as much as the employees that have been working here for years. Severely understaffed, so don’t plan on taking off when you’re sick or injured!

Pros

Meet new people.

Cons

No incentives, under appreciated, understaffed!

Unsafe staffing.

Administration needs to do better with staffing floors. Nurses are burned out, morale low and everyday you hear about someone else leaving. Then you see new faced and you teach them but then they also leave. It's a revolving door.

Pros

Existing staff tries to make everything as comfortable as they can.

Cons

Hardly get to take breaks, they don't provide safe staffing

Healthcare

I work as an imaging tech at a small sister hospital. My personal experience has been very good, I have always been supported by management everytime I try to better myself and move up.

Pros

Good management, great team

Cons

Its healthcare! So also very tiring especially in a pandemic

Toxic

Overworked and underpaid for the area. One employee is used to fill the job of three due tounderstaffing. Express dissatisfaction you will receive sympathy and then have your grievances ignored.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Management is a dictatorship

This company refuses to listen to employees or staff its facilities appropriately. They pretend they care about the patient population but if a company doesn’t take care of its employees do they really care about the patients?

Benefits

Cons

Horrible work environment from overbearing management and corporate

Learned so much and really liked the challenge

Great place to work! Very team orientedand leadership took care of its people. Learned so much! Really miss those folks. Had to move away. So glad I got to be a part of such a great pharmacy.

Pros

Always had a heads up on changes

Cons

Insurance was kinda lacking. Ridiculous copay and deductible.

Great Co-workers and Wonderful patients.

Winchester Medical Center recruited me from a Hospital in Florida. My co-workers are great! I work overnight and we have a great flow. The Nurses are always ready to help out and everyone has fun. The best part are the patients! They are very nice and thankful for your help which is rare. Of course you may get a bad apple but the good out weight the bad. Any job is stressful but as long as you have a positive attitude and a great outlook on everything any facility can be fantastic. I have been here over 3 years. We have a great Supervisor and she would do anything to help the department.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Schedule, Mandatory Covid Vaccine Mandate

Pay /pto

Each is their own on how to handle their job. Each job is challenging. There is room for growth in the company even switching roles completely. The pros of the job out weigh the cons

Nice people, staffing issues

This company is organized well. The training was good. The pay rate was not the best, but not the worst for the area for my position. The problem was with staffing. Not enough nurses or techs to adequately perform safe patient care. This was very frustrating at a large hospital. The coworkers were great and there was a lot of support. They did close 2 units with no warning during the time I was there, which shows a real problem with communication to the employees who work the floor. They will be mandating vaccines for the new virus by this fall and they are losing many good employees due to that.

Pros

professional environment

Cons

chronically short staffed

Jobs at Valley Health

See more jobs

Overall good place to work, onboarding process needs improvement

Pros: Reasonable pay, largely hard working staff, theoretical (attempted) support from mgmt. Cons: Insufficient training and unrealistic expectations for those new to that particular clinical setting

Management projects that one is lucky to work in this organization, that VH is the best game in town, neither of which is the case.

Could be a great place to work but rests heavily on laurels, projects a greater than thou attitude though lacks in concern for employee satisfaction.

Pros

Good benefits, average pay

Cons

Perception of greatness, not so much as purported

Typical

Typical hospital culture. Work hard with no time off. Undermanned and slacker coworkers. Management doesn't care and will not discipline slackers. They will try to pin bogus assumptions on you.

Benefits

Different units to work

I really thought I’d enjoy being part of the valley hospital team while I was applying for the job before I relocated to Vegas. But after actually getting the job and becoming part of the team I felt very separate from everyone else. Not a good feeling at all

Pros

The pay was good

Cons

Coworker’s and some managers

Great place to work for

I really loved my job I wish I could come back hope they get my app and call me for a interview great people to work with can be fast paced so time flies the pay is nice

Pros

Some off lunch

Cons

Long hours sometimes working days off i loved it did not bother me much

Awful environment

I've worked in a variety of jobs jobs, including as a paramedic in Detroit, and I can say with complete certainty that this is the most miserable, stressful position I've ever found myself in. Management is condescending and will write you up for spending time in the hospital after a heart attack, they play favorites and have turned the environment into a high school cafeteria full of mean girls, and there is absolutely no appreciation for anything you do unless you're an ACP. This has been an awful experience, and I wish I had never accepted this position. Save yourself and just don't apply.

Pros

Pays fine

Cons

Terrible management, miserable mean-girl culture, favorite-playing, sky-high expectations with no accompanying respect

It Will Drain You

I originally loved working for VH , but after a couple of years the environment became toxic. There is a greater focus regardless of department about “looking good “ to the community rather than actually being good for the community. My department became toxic and I finally got to the point where I resigned and I didn’t ever want to set foot inside again.

Pros

Insurance, Pay

Cons

Toxic Culture

Great employee

Everyone works together very much like a group is suppose to. Everyone helps out. Management listen ti their employees to initiate and maintain change.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Ratio

The people I work with are amazing.

The staff are amazing, and the clinical manager is great as well. If you have a problem, none of the staff members hesitate to come help. It is a great place to learn and grow.

Pros

Support from management

Cons

Short staffed at times

I became a very skilled Phlebotomist

It was a job. Short staffed, over worked and under paid. I would look further before taking a job there as a Phlebotomist. We were pretty much "disposable people". The job was filled with 20 somethings with no sense of job responsibility. They let Phlebotomists go at the drop of a hat.

Pros

Steady work, steady paycheck

Cons

Understaffed, overworked and no consideration for a personal life.

Turnover makes inconsistent environment

If you are on the "in" group or can be a great place to work, not so if you find yourself in the "out" group. That said, leadership (both good and bad) changes every few years so you may be able to keep your head down, work hard and wait them out.

Pros

Schedule flexibility in some areas for some staff

Cons

Often called upon to do more with less, Targets move frequently so you never get to feel a real sense of accomplishment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Valley Health with