Valley Health Employee Reviews

Productive and Progressive
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 9, 2018
We are always communicating, and working to meet and go beyond the next day's needs. Difficulties are regularly addressed, and relationships are cared for within and in between the departments. We are constantly improving the culture, tools, and procedures for our work environment.
Pros
Great supervisors/manager, healthcare, regular opportunities for raises
Cons
Too much relational separation between our department and our partner department (being addressed).
Management needs to be more professional and not have the buddy system.
Dental Assistant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, WVAugust 7, 2018
This place at Valley Health is too much favoritism that goes on. The receptionist are always wrong and always gets the blame. The windows needs covers on them to protect the receptionist. No pay raise. Nurses needs to be more courtesy to the patients and not talk about the patients problems to other employees. Management is very poor they need more training. I feel like all the above wouldn't happen if management was trained better.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management is very poor.
over managed
Scheduling Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surgical ServicesOctober 14, 2018
Too much management not enough help!!!! Treat the staff that have the knowledge and experience of the positions like dirt and push them away and have to retrain retrain staff because they cant treat the staff with the knowledge of the job with respect !!! Very bad way to run health care facility.
Pros
Good location and Benefits
Great place to start at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 14, 2018
This is my first job as a CNA. Although there are many benefits at VH, at times, I feel unsafe with the tech:patient ratio. 10-14 patients is unsafe. Especially when 75% of those patient's require 1 on 1 care. I realize we work 12 hour shifts, but with the work load we have, there is not enough time in the day to complete our required tasks The compensation we receive for what CNA's do, is not fair. I have learned that without team work and dedication, this job would not be do-able.
Excellent
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 22, 2018
I had amazing bosses during my time at Valley Health. I loved the organization and the people and resources I collected along the way. The schedule was always flexible and the pay was comparable for my age and skill set. The only down side was that since I was a per-diem employee I never received a raise.
Highly professional and skilled hospital with compassionate and knowledgable staff.
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 4, 2018
I have greatly enjoyed my career at Valley Health. Starting as a patient transporter and then moving on to become an EKG tech has given me wonderful experience. Valley Health has helped me with tuition costs when I went to school and obtained my CNA license. With both of the job titles I have had so far, the management and coworkers have all been kind, and the workplace environment is fun and productive. It is a great atmosphere to work in and such a joy to be able to help the patients.
Night time position and full time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 21, 2018
I worked here for a short period of time due to a family emergency and had to leave the state but it was a great place to work friendly staff and I learned basic house keeping skills.
Benefits
Cons
Wonderful group of people at the Hurricane location
Front Office Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVJuly 25, 2018
The Hurricane location was an excellent place of employment. I felt that Valley could pay a bit more to the hard working employees. Benefits were good and overall an excellent place to work.
Terrible Environment
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 23, 2018
Kept in a filthy tiny room with loud broken speakers
Bullies are treated as victims
Call outs and tardiness are tolerated and hardly dealt with
Poor salary for the work. Other area hospitals pay $4+ more to monitor fewer patients
Sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't while smokers get away with taking multiple breaks
Patients and Co-workers made working for this healthcare system more pleasant.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 29, 2018
Upper management did not seem to care about the staffs concerns when it came to compensation. They knew they were paying the staff a salary that would well under the standard rate and yet they did nothing about it.
Cons
They know they under pay their employees and they do nothing about it.
Over all an okay place to work
associate/Floor crew (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 30, 2017
Working at WMC at least in the EVS department doing housekeeping is pretty easy and fun. The only problems I've had are management and problems with time off. Management is very unprofessional and if they don't like you, they will find ways to get you fired or make your job miserable until you want to quit. Also, If you need a sick day or if you miss a lot of time from being sick, its counted against you either way. They don't accept doctors notes and after a certain amount of missed days, you get a write up and if you're late or miss any more days for 6 months after your first write up, then they will write you up again for one occurrence. Then, after your third write up, they will fire you.
Pros
Benefits, PTO if you accrue enough, and a good job if you go in and mind your business.
Cons
Management, time off with out repercussions, and hours.
My day at Winchester Medical Center
Chemistry Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 28, 2018
Winchester medical center is one of the hospitals that make up valley Health Systems. my work day usually starts at 6:30 in the morning and ends around 2:30. During that time I check the instruments/work the bench/do any administrative work that needs doing, and try to fit a time to eat lunch.
The people in the Chemistry Department on the three shifts total close to thirty if you take in the shift supervisors and per-diem people.

it's a nice place to work. I love the folks in my department and it shows being we are the most efficient department.
Pros
I like the people
Cons
Lots of work andat times stress
Valley Health is a growing health system with lots of learning opportunities.
CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 13, 2018
Challenging yet rewarding.
I learned a great deal at Valley Health.
I worked for Valley Health many years and learned a great deal in each department that I worked.
Management has room for improvement in many areas, but overall is a nice place to work.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Winchester, vaOctober 17, 2018
I enjoy being back and would like to continue a career in respiratory therapy. I enjoy doing what I do at the moment my job. I've learned a lot being away from valley health for two years and I've grown from it and I really want to broaden my career choices
Pros
With my friends again, good hours, part well
Cons
Part time position would like full time but only 3- 12 hour shifts
Dont work here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 13, 2019
worst to work for. From recruitment to the employee s to management. The onbiarding process was awful. No one knew what they were doing. The managers are friends with the employees. The work like balance sucks. No paid holidays and no sick days.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No sick time
Nice place to work for
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 26, 2018
Sometimes I feel overworked but the pay and benefits work. My management could be a lot better. It would be better as well with more days off then 1 or 1 1/2 days off a week.
Worst professional job ever!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 13, 2018
Worst job experience ever. Never had an issue at other hospitals. Rude abusive co workers, bad management that did nothing... you name it. Getting harassed by co-workers. No one did a thing. Oh and did I mention constant shortness of staff?? Always getting yelled at for not enough staff. Management engages in gossip. Very negative environment.
Pros
None.
Cons
No work life balance, negative, stressful, demeaning and low pay
Nurse focused
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22601February 28, 2018
Excellent environment for nursing staff, like many facilities, if you have a nursing degree there are many opportunities to your skill set, not only within different departments but also through education opportunities. Excellent education opportunities for both nursing and non nursing.
Pros
Education benefits
Cons
Pay
Worst company to ever work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 2, 2018
They say they will send you back to school and reimburse you for going back to school. Then when you are about to go back they tell you since you work at the surgery center youre not part of valley health. My paycheck comes from valley health. Its an excuse after excuse. The turn over rate is horrible because the director doesnt know what shes doing and will be at one office for a year and leaves for another state. Valley health doesnt care about their employees at all. I had pneumonia and whooping cough and they would not allow me to be off or leave. Worst job ever.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Doesnt care about employees health
It's a steady paycheck and good beginning phlebotomy experience.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winchester VAAugust 11, 2018
Presently, I work with an amazing team consisting of about 5 people on a shift to service a 600 bed hospital plus a busy ER department. The high turn over rate of Phlebotomists at my facility adds undue stress to the job. We are always hiring new Phlebotomists that need training and rarely stay over a year.

At the moment, it's a job. Looking for something closer to home ( I drive 100 miles a day for work ) . The stress is high and the pay is below par with other hospitals in the area. The equipment is in disrepair. Management does little to correct these situations and it hasn't changed in the past three years that I have worked there.We now share carts in a department with over 40 people. When brought up at a meeting, it was stated that Valley Health can't afford enough carts at 1500.00 each. I'm not being negative, just stating fact.

I have learned a great deal of skills including caring for difficult patients. Drawing blood from new borne babies, trauma patients and people from all walks of life, ethnicities and religious beliefs.

It's been a great experience but it is time to move on.
Pros
Steady paycheck and rewarding patient experiences.
Cons
High turn over, busy workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.