Valley Health Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Tech (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 24, 2018
Our department has gone through numerous managers in the years I have been there. Current management has no clue what they are doing and one has even admitted it. Experienced employees with tenure are NOT valued as an asset, we all feel that we are expendable. It has become a somewhat negative work environment.
Terrible Environment
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 23, 2018
Kept in a filthy tiny room with loud broken speakers
Bullies are treated as victims
Call outs and tardiness are tolerated and hardly dealt with
Poor salary for the work. Other area hospitals pay $4+ more to monitor fewer patients
Sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't while smokers get away with taking multiple breaks
Patients and Co-workers made working for this healthcare system more pleasant.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 29, 2018
Upper management did not seem to care about the staffs concerns when it came to compensation. They knew they were paying the staff a salary that would well under the standard rate and yet they did nothing about it.
Cons
They know they under pay their employees and they do nothing about it.
not bad for the position
REHABILITATION AIDE (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 26, 2018
I worked there as a rehab aide, it was my first job, and I learned valuable skills, and met some awesome people. I recommend the facility for surgeries etc but you aren't treated right behind the scenes most of the time
A fun place to work!
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 22, 2018
I really loved working in the emergency department of Winchester Medical Center. It was very busy at times, but it was a blast to work with the ER team. Everyone worked together.
Love my coworkers
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 6, 2018
The registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, and physicians that I work with are great. My coworkers have become like a second family to me, whom I value and cherish in the workplace and out in the world. The management, however, leaves a lot to be desired. They don't make themselves available to their staff, often fail to show appreciation for the work that is done, and seemingly lack empathy and understanding when it comes to dealing with their staff.
Cna
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 5, 2018
very fast pace
a little help for the CNA by the Rn would be a plus
a better Aide to patient ratio
information on the company and classes about your job to keep employees informed was very educational
Mangement
Cash Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 2, 2018
I don't think that the management in my department is far. They single one person out and just keep riding on them until they quit.
There is no equal to the employees under the management and they don't stand up for the employee.
Nice place to work for
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 26, 2018
Sometimes I feel overworked but the pay and benefits work. My management could be a lot better. It would be better as well with more days off then 1 or 1 1/2 days off a week.
Not a happy environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 24, 2018
Not a very encouraging environment. Our pay was decreased 3 times while I was there. The managers does not support their employees. People are over worked, under paid, and lash out at each other.
Love Valley Health
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 2, 2018
Valley Health is a good place to work. More of personal thing for me it is hard to work every other weekend due to the fact my husband works long weird shifts so it is a little hard to have a sitter. Other than that I really can't complain about anything. I really enjoy my co-workers.
Pros
20 percent off starbucks in hopital.
Cons
Working every other weekend.
a good,stable place to work
Distribution clerk (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 27, 2018
I have worked at Valley Health going on 18 yrs,and it is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I enjoy my job,co-workers,and other employees who work there.
Pros
job stability
Cons
insurance, advancement
very hard to work in environment
PACU nurse (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 23, 2018
No one was helpful , very stressful , very short staffed and low pay for the amount of work, No team work, nurses were constantly put in poor situations and jeopardizing license
Unfair/Stressful/Poor management
Laboratory (Former Employee) –  WMCFebruary 17, 2018
Depending on the department you work in, depends on how you are treated as a person. As for the laboratory, the management is unfair, and could care less for the staff. You are a warm body. Over worked, and basically told to deal with it. Many staff can do no wrong. But, others are treated unfairly. It was difficult to watch. The phlebotomist working out of the laboratory are under paid, and under managed. The phlebotomist that are good workers are not appreciated. They are taken for granted. The ones that miss work often, are late often, and just poor employees are treated like best friends. Management needs to be overhauled.
Pros
work
Cons
management
Poor Company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Luray, VAFebruary 10, 2018
I feel that this company does not care about senior nurses. Unfair management and long working hours with lots of overtime. Hard work and stressful work
Positive environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 9, 2018
I have had a very positive experience with Valley Health. Lots of room for growth and professional development, tuition assistance and a family oriented atmosphere. My team was encouraging while I completed my education and has been receptive to new ideas and feedback. Would absolutely recommend.
Very Intense
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 8, 2018
With administration and the board in disagreement, the environment is hostile at best. There were employees of over 20 years walked out without cause by security.
Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 8, 2018
The job is easier than most but the setting is stressful. Working as a team is lacking. Management is not up to par. Easy to get burnt out. Low staff.
Stressful work environment with high turnover
Operating Room RN (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 7, 2018
Management changes in past year have changed work environment. Mass exodus of nursing staff. Just a number or warm body. Love most of my coworkers but looking for a change.
Great place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 31, 2018
Great place to work when you are fully staffed. Everyone works together as a team. You meet some great patients. Hours worked are great and the days worked per work are great also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.