Valley Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Laid back most of the time but it can get busy
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 4, 2018
Typical workday is nice and smooth, patients are nnice and freindly and easy to get along with and so is the other staff members. Supervisors are laid back as well as long as your work is done you won't have to woory about them harrassing you about anything.
Fulfilling job in which you interact with people in the community
V-ACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 24, 2017
I worked at Valley for 3 years, throughout that time, my department went through 3 managers. Everyone in my department liked to talk about each other behind the others back, making it seem hostile at times. The worst part abt Valley was the upper management and their lack of communication with anyone else. However, my department had the pleasure of going in the home of clients with mental health problems and assisting them with maintaining an independent life. Interacting with the clients was absolutely the best part.
Pros
Pto and benefits, Fair hourly pay
Cons
Poor management
Productive and good working place
AGENCY RN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2017
ICU is busy most of the time but we help one another. we always adjust to all cultures. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your colleagues anticipate your needs when you are busy.
Not a desirable place to work
Dental staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 24, 2017
Not a patient centered clinic. Poorly managed, with the main priority being patient head count and government funding via grants. No appreciation for dedicated employees.
Pros
Some benefits (as long as things such as insurance premiums are paid)
Cons
Poor management, poor compensation, lack of appreciation
For new beginners, good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 2, 2017
A typical day is productive and be able to move fast. Start to work on time and be ready to roll. Fast moving, doctors sees 18 to 22 patients per day
Cons
Benefits are good
Busy work enviroment
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 29, 2017
I love what I do. This job may not be for everyone but change is what I enjoy and these hospitals are constantly changing for the good. Looking forward to the new ownership and new beginnings.
Better care for better quality of life.. Ha
Support services (Former Employee) –  Support staffFebruary 2, 2017
This is hands down the absolute worst company to work for. Nepotism around every corner and insurance fraud committed regularly. You will be asked to take on way more responsibilities that originally assigned, without any recognition let alone compensation. They are always short staffed and the staff to client ratio is insane creating poor client care. There is also entirely too much micromanaging and each office has its own set of "mean girls".
Pros
Free drug rep lunches
Cons
Nepotism, micromanagement
Management has poor attitudes and staff is underappreciated
Outpatient Therapist/Supervised Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at work is jam-packed and it is frowned upon to even speak with co-workers on work-related matters, let alone use the restroom. I learned that a little gratitude would go a long way in retaining staff and this fact seems to escape those brilliant individuals elected to serve in management positions.
many different occupational oppurtunities
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WV 26554May 22, 2016
worked for valley healthcare for a few years, good people to work with. Good chances for people to go to school and continue to work, this company has good chances for people to excel also.
What a joke.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mon countyFebruary 17, 2016
Day to day operations poorly managed. Short staffed. Company vehicles in poor condition V-act program is especially poorly ran. No chain of command. Management is unfair and out of touch with reality. Encourages hourly employees to WOC. Low level employees are to manage employees with higher job skill sets. Overall a poorly ran operation.
Pros
Off by 6
Cons
Management, operations, pay, respect, and care about employees and clients are all poor.
Oh what a joke!
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 4, 2016
Have worked with the company since July and did in home respite care for a while. I now work in a group home and oh what a change it is. I've seen some interesting things go on such as a supervisor napping in a consumer's bed, a supervisor accepting gifts from subordinates and a nurse not give a consumer her meds and document that they did. So, my advice is to not ever apply for this company because it's not what it's cracked up to be. Very very cliquey and family members working together and family members supervising other family members
Pros
Cons
low pay, cliquey
Clients are wonderful....
staff (Former Employee) –  morgntown wvMarch 21, 2015
This company expects your life to revolve around their needs. For example if there is a call off and you tell them you can't come in they will be mostly polite while on the phone with them, then once you are off the phone they will put you down for not coming in. Also there a lot of family and friends employed at this company so be careful who you talk to and trust(you'd be better off not trusting anybody...and I mean anybody..including higher up management.)They are only concerned for themselves and how to keep themselves safe. The staff take very good care of the clients however, higher up management are only concerned with the bottom line. Resulting in low client to staff ratio which in turn cause low staff morale,and overworked.
Pros
Easy to get a job there they DON'T drug test which amazes me, and will hire anybody.
Cons
overworked, low pay, no respect, or appreciation, lack of equipment, unless it's time for a state inspection to which they are warned when they are coming to be audited.
Great Company
I/DD Waiver Service Coordinator Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 15, 2014
Each day at this company varies depending on clients individual needs. I have learned too many things to explain on this site. This job has taught me valuable time management skills and has built my work-related backbone. My co-workers were fantastic for the most part. Usually everyone works as a team to ensure that their client's are receiving support and assistance with their needs. The hardest part of the job is balancing your work passion and leaving work at work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients and families that we serve!
Pros
Making a difference, helping others
It's an experience
Therapeutic Consultant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 28, 2014
Good work experience. Wonderful clients. Builds creative thinking and problem solving skills.
Productive and Patient care oriented
Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 28, 2014
A typical work consists of Pharmaceutical care, updating inventory, checking out patients on the cash register, answering phone calls
I learned that I need to set my focus on patients and their needs and to multi-task
Management proved to be challenging
Co-workers were pleasant to work with
The hardest part of the job was coming in when sick due to no back-up for both pharmacist and technician. Also, working very long hours with no compensation
The most enjoyable part of the job are interaction with patients and the satisfaction that they have been taken care of
Pros
Patient Interaction
Cons
Long hours, no sick time, and poor management
very productive fast paced
Receptionist/Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  columbus,gaApril 24, 2014
Valley healthcare system is a very fast paced productive job.Its a job thats deals witha variety of people form different cultures and back grounds.
Pros
Drug reps supply a lot of free lunches on fridays
Cons
Scanning medical records, insuring release forms are signed and emailed physician about reminders for their signatures.
Electronic Health Records Extern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work was receiving medical information from emergency facilities, Attorney's with patients, entering any medical information into the patients records, provided client documentation to physicians for appropriate signatures. The hardest part of the job was leaving after the internship was over.
Cons
It was only a internship.