Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2019
Worst Company I’ve ever worked for! Management fraternize outside of work hours, so do not count on being treated fairly. Lunch breaks are only 30 minutes and seniority staff get away with 1 hour lunches. Staff and management are full of drama! Rumors spread like wildfires and stuff is always coming up missing! Expected to be on your feet for the whole 12 hours. Us nurses are required to do tech work and work with only 3 staff on a unit. Nurses may have to tech due to turnover rates being sooo high. Save yourself the headache do not work here!
Introduction to the US healthcare system!
Staff RN-Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2019
Although the work and staff were what I expected, the culture of leadership at the time was not as supportive as they could have been. I enjoyed the work in spite of the long hours.
Pros
Good way to get a Green Card
Cons
Management at the time
I didn't work here
Laboratory Technologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 10, 2019
This is placeholder text, this is not the place that I worked, yet indeed won't let me change it to where I did. So I have to write this just to get through their nonsense.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 3, 2019
Great place to work. People are friendly and willing to help and train you on things you don’t know. The environment can be up and down as far as busyness.
Benefits
Great peers; management unbalanced and unstable
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2019
typical 9 pt load; more if there were call offs which was frequent. If mistakes were made, people were punished rather than shown how to improve. Blatant favoritism.
Management watches everything staff does by camera.
Social Services director given free rein over nursing staff!! It's true,
Pros
Peers, BHT's
Cons
It was a banner day if there was adequate staffing, some BHT's were allowed to hide and play on phone and management was aware.
Productive workplace.
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2019
Very busy with a lot of codes and emergencies. Patience. Management was consistent and there if you needed help with anything. Work culture was good everyone there was striving for the same goal. Managing unruly people. When everything comes together for the greater good.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Short lunch period.
Wonderful
Full time RN Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 22, 2019
Great work environment and a wonderful experience. I would recommend people to apply here because the staff is amazing and they do live by there mission. It is also a magnet hospital!
Pros
Salary, staff, management, resources
Cons
Barely any breaks, work life balance is not great.
Great Job
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Jackson, LAApril 30, 2019
Love what I was doing as a line server it’s a very good job if you never work like myself just do your part of working valley health is very good work place
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
very slow
Visitor Admission Staff Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2019
I was only a volunteer her, but it was a good learning experience. Management could have been a little better- there were times when patients would get upset and confront my desk. Overall, it was pretty slow paced.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
slow environment
I am a patient care technician at Valley hospital I love it here
Patient Care Technician II(CARDAIC UNIT) (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMarch 23, 2019
It’s a great work environment , nurse are the best very helpful and respectful , I I’m blessed to ya e a job there and hope for longviity with this company
Pros
A great learning enivonment
Cons
You have to wait 12 months to transfer to another unit
Work environment
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2019
Typical nursing responsibilities but management highly favored their favorites. Management did not help when overloaded with patients. Fellow peers were great and supportive in most instances.
Pros
Decent benefits and ability for OT
Cons
Poor management
Valley Hospital
Director of Dietary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2019
Ok place to work. Some people would not let me do the job I was hired for. Would always but in to my affairs in my job. Some guidelines were not followed in my department because other staff would change the rules.
Pros
free meal
Cons
Healthcare
You haveto know someone
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2019
good luck getting a job here if you don't know someone. management doesn't care about you. the hospital is disgusting. the staff is really lazy about being sanitary.
Racist and unsafe environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2019
Very racist. When the unit manager comes in the morning and hugs and greets all the nurses of his race and does not even acknowledge anyone else is unprofessional and discriminatory. No support of nursing staff and their critical decisions for the safety of the patients and staff. Screamed at by a night supervisor who needs a psychological evaluation and treatment. Let patients sleep in the lobby until beds opened up. Totally went against EMTALA obligations. Patients brought in just to fill the beds, not really actively psychotic and/or suicidal. Management is incompetent and more worried about finances versus the care of the patients. Staff alleged to be drinking on the job, no consequences. She had the right color skin.
Excellent Hospital to work at
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2019
Over all a great hospital to work at:
1. Competitive salaries, sign on bonus
2. Flexible hours
3. Great training
4. Retention bonus
5. Great Staff
6. Always a leaning opportunity
run away
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2018
The chief medical officer dresses like a used car salesman and when he speak to you it feels like you need to take a shower in order to wash the slime off of you. He is all about money!
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Seen patients leave Valley Hospital more high than they arrived
Toxic environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2018
This is an organization that has ten core staff that bully all of the new hires, This is the main reason their turn over is so great. Management is fully aware of what goes on - does nothing to resolve it. Tremendous work loads dumped on new staff while core people who outrank them take the lighter loads. Everything here is punitive. Nurses who have never in their careers have been written up - are written up here. The cameras are not only for patient care - you're being watched. Extreme bullying environment, which includes upper management. Beware.
Pros
Salary
Productive and Rewarding
Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2018
I had enjoyed my time a t Valley hospital. Working with a great staff and patients around the hospital, I got to learn a lot. Wanting more it had encouraged me to return to college.
Due to new management and changes the unit had taken a decreased to had been laid off.
At times great place to work
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Valley is a great tool to advance ones career. If you are there to improve your skills or finish school, it’s a great place to work! Don’t go in looking to befriend everyone
Pros
Great friends
Awesome place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
-Valley has a great work environment
-Awesome opportunities to advance your career
- Great benefits package
-Multicultural workplace
-Great cafeteria that offers healthy meals
Benefits
Cons
Does not hire LPN

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.