Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Las Vegas - ED Tech II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work. The advancement potential is only limited by how much you want to do. The management was very supportive and my coworkers made going to work not feel like work.
Supportive management; opportunity for growth
Utilization Management/Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2018
Wonderful working environment; Professional and supportive managers. Caring management style both with patients and staff. I have been given opportunities to grow and have learned a new skill set as a discharge planner and in utilization review. The most enjoyable part of my job includes working with my peers and making a difference in my patient's lives.
Pros
Management is supportive and available
Cons
Fast paced working environment which can be extremely detail oriented
Great Culture
Acute Care Clinic Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2018
I thought the staff were professional, and really cared about what they were doing! Administration staff cared about employees, and the patients. At times there did seem to be a significant understaffing.
Hospital
Imaging Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 5, 2018
If you've worked at a hospital before you know what to expect. If you haven't expect a fast paced environment. Things will change from day to day. Rules that apply the day before may not the next and there will be a constant flow. However, you will get accustomed and do just fine.
Nice team
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 16, 2018
Lab has a nice team to work with. However, the pay rate for the tech assistants which are unionized positions is very low. These positions are understaffed which creates lots of stress and pressure. If not unionized the market would drive the pay rate higher, and people would stay put and be happy. The management is very nice and considerate.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Low pay rate
Fullfilling for me.
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 21, 2018
It was very refreshing to work with people. Its what I like to do. To be of Service & help people is what I love. To be essential to my co-workers. Help guide the lost to their destinations. Provided a very outlook and encouraged a good outlook no matter what.
Benefits
Cons
:-{ Bad Personnell
Employee evaluations were fulfilling work.
RN Employee Health Queen (Former Employee) –  Napa, CA 94558May 18, 2018
Employee Health Services was a great place to work. I performed:
Chart reviews for vaccination compliance, job safety evaluation
& Follow-ups with employees.
Excellent management for new employees, held employees to the highest possible standards.
The hardest part of the job was workplace culture.
Interaction with employees and having successful compliance was very fulfilling.
poor staffing
Med-Surge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
Always very busy, poor staffing, back to back admission from emergency room. No team work. Poor management, not able to take a lunch time on time.Not enough medical equipment.
Pros
Short distance at home.
Cons
poor staffing
Great Volunteering Place
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 5, 2018
This hospital is a great place to volunteer, but they don't offer too many volunteer positions. I expressed a concern that I didn't like my position, and they didn't change anything.
workplace invironment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 4, 2018
I enjoy my autonomous practice and excellent collaboration between MD's, RNs, Social Workers, Case Managers and other support services. Our L&D unit has a great team. We consider ourselves a family.
Pros
education support
Cons
health benefits and salary
eh
Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 3, 2018
it is slow and the doctors think they are amazing and they are not even close. the people that come up can be emotional if their loved one is in the hospital so a comforting personality is needed
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
bad management
Delivering and picking up meal trays
Dinning Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJApril 11, 2018
Delivering and picking up meal trays. Taking meal orders , stocking an restocking nourishment area, wrapping silverware, Looking after patient diets No down time on my feet for 10 hours.
Fun environment
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2018
Great place to work everyone is friendly and helpful. No stress is out on employees and if overwhelmed they work as a team to get the job done in a timely manner .
Pros
Great coworkers, no stress
Cons
Sometimes lonely
Team Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2018
I had fun working at Valley. We worked as a team to make sure all the patients were taken care of within a timely manner. The managers were all nice but about business. There was a little favoritism with the night crew but overall this is a great place to work.
Cons
kitchen makes more $ than a cert phlebotomist who had to go to school for the certification
Very enjoyable place to work.
Medical Assistant / Administration (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMarch 14, 2018
My time there was only temporary but it was a very nice hospital setting. The grounds were nice and the Christmas season only made it more appealing. Loved my time there.
Application Development Supervisor/Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMarch 6, 2018
Extremely friendly and collaborative atmosphere. Management is very easy to work with and very approachable. There is an open door policy and management tries to be as transparent as possible.

People tend to stay here for 15+ years.
present employee with Valley
Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) (Current Employee) –  3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2018
Good day with no incident or crisis and stressful day with crisis or incident due to patients detox and rehab programming. Some patients has history of violence or criminal behavior and homelessness.
Pros
long break, free meal sometime
Cons
N/a
Very poorly managed..Discrimination practices.
Behavior Health RN,Adult Psych/Chemical Dependency (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2018
Very poorly managed. Employees discriminated against on a regular basis. Workplace culture often hostile. Pertinent information not included in orientation.
Working with Babies is the Best
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJFebruary 16, 2018
When a premature baby comes through the doors everything know their part. The focus of the Doctors, Nurses, Respiratory Therapist are all do their part to sustain life in this little miracle and they do.
Pros
Like a Family
Cons
It is not easy to sick baby.
Typical Day
E V S Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2018
A typlcal day is trying to complete my task given, You cant please everyone trying to get your job done, management is fine and their is diversity in the workplace.
Pros
Plenty of supplies
Cons
comunication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.