Valley House Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

Featured review
Valley House Rehabilitation Center selected this as a representative review
Fast paced, focused and learning
LVN (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Valley House Rehabilitation Center is fast - paced and a busy place to work. It would have to be. The Residents in any long term care facility need to be safe. The job is constant and requires skilled staff to provide care and consistency for their Residents.
The day starts about 7:00 and if you keep busy before you know it, it's time to go home.
I have learned not everyone in life where ever you go will agree on everything, but it takes team work to make things flow well.
Management at Valley House are kind and caring people, they give almost everyone a chance to explore their future.
The hardest part of my job is to maintain the perspective of others and understand and meet their needs.
I love coming to work, I get to see the Residents and other staff they have become a part of my life.
They are flexible with hours and our needs if we have an appointment.
Pros
Staff celebrations, Holiday Celebrations, T-shirts, Soup(free)
Nice and clean facility i’ve ever seen
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 24, 2019
In valley house I learned a lot about certified nursing job , in this place I’ve learned how to deal different patient , like with dementia , alzheimer alcoholic and even with slight mental problem . All you you have to do is to understand and listen to them. Like any other place or facility , we dealing different problems but in valley house we work as a team
Pros
They serve free soup and food fr time to time
January 30, 2019

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate all your kind comments! That's great that you are learning so much, we always try and give our CNA's a variety of responsibilities and residents to work with so they can learn as much as possible. We are very happy that you feel supported and enjoy being part of a team! Thank you once again!

ok environment to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 15, 2019
heavy patient loads with a combination of critically ill and stable patients. Constantly understaffed with little supplies on hand. However, a good place to work on time management and prioritization.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no breaks
January 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback At Valley House we are always looking at ways to improve and appreciate your comments. We are trying our best to keep up with the staffing so that all our nursing staff feel supported as we do value our nurses very much. We're happy you are enjoying working on your time management and prioritization.

Current Employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I would recommend a visit to anyone new and just pay attention to your surroundings, sounds and smells. That should be enough to not work there. Apply at your own risk!
Pros
Soup
Cons
Lack of Communication
Terrible place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Terrible place to work. They don't care about the employees
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short staff always
If you want to make a difference - STAY AWAY from here!
Charge Nurse LVN (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 9, 2018
This place does not foster growth. The management is at its worst right now. you spend all of your time trying to justify the care you give . No team work, management does nothing but try and find fault with your work,
Pros
free soup
Cons
everything else
I’m not happy Going
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara County, CANovember 6, 2018
I was so excited to start this job until my first day of orientation where I got left behind luckily I was a CNA before so I knew what to do But now when I do care we don’t have enough supplies to do proper care we basically have to race in the morning for towels. Only 3-4 wash clothes are given while we have almost 40 residents per station.
Pros
Hours full time 7-3, 4 days work 2 days off
Cons
Benefits, not enough supplies/staff
nice people and kind
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 2, 2018
great volunteering and nice people and sweet workers. And nice old people but some are nice some are not but honestly, they all have a kind heart but there is more to them they treat you like one of there grandchildren.
Pros
nice citizens
Cons
breaks sometimes
CNA April 2016- Sept 2017
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 29, 2018
It might not be the most pleasant place to work and no benefits but it's a good place to experience and learn as CNA and LVN/RN. It's a 200 bed with long-term care and short-term care client and this is where I learned a lot how to deal with difficult patients--even with demanding family sometimes, stressful environment (short staff, finishing shift on time that is almost impossible) and being a nurse. One thing I love about it here as I enjoyed working with my patient, co-CNAs, and my nurses.
Pros
Free soup every lunch
great place to learn and work with elderly
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 1, 2018
I would be greeted everyday by the nicest people, prepare for the day, showing clients property, talking to very nice people and helping out elderly clients with all of their needs.
Pros
nice people
Cons
advancement, salary
Not enoth PAY
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2018
They dont do ur 90 day review, and no pay increase. If u report somthing thats wrong that some one did they dont do nothing about it no reprucushions. They dont viladate doc notes. They pay CNA that just graduated more than the ones that actually have lots of expiriens.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. We usually try and complete the reviews within 90 days.

If a disciplinary action is taken against an employee that is not discussed with other employees.

I'm sorry you felt you were not getting paid the same as our new graduate CNA's, we are always open to discussion and are trying to make sure everyone is paid fairly.

I like the managers and good location
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  991 Clyde Avenue l, Santa ClaraJuly 9, 2018
I have worked about 6 months as a CNA. I liked the signing bonus and I got a pay increase. I work over 40 hours so I can get paid overtime. I like that we had a special day to celebrate CNA’s. The new management seems to be looking out for us. Lots of improvements over the past few months.
Pros
Free lunch, easy parking, good pay
July 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We have been really trying to improve our conditions for the CNA's and all nursing staff. We are super happy our efforts are paying off! Please recommend your friends to us and remember we have an awesome referral program where you can earn up to an additional $1200!
Valley House Management

Horribly understaffed for the acuity of the patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 1, 2018
Not enough CNAs per patient and disorganized scheduling. Usually take lunch breaks very late because of patient load. It is difficult to give good care when you know there are 5 other call lights that still need to be answered. I have been there for almost 2 months and have yet to see the promised sign on bonus.
Pros
As much overtime as you want
Cons
No benefits, little staffing
March 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you are finding it difficult to give good care. We are working hard to make sure we have enough staff on all shifts.
I personally go through all the employees who have worked during the pay period to make sure they receive their signing bonus. I am truly sorry if you have slipped through the cracks. Please contact me personally at vhstaffsolutions@gmail.com and I will make sure you receive your signing bonus.

Not My Kind of Work Environment
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I found VHRC to be a very unprofessional work environment. The business office manager was very nice, but communicated by yelling rather than calling me on the phone or getting up from her desk. I don't feel I had sufficient training and there was quite a bit of eye rolling going on and not much support.
I was at the bank before work on a payday and was told there probably wasn't enough money in their account to cash my paycheck.
Pros
Some nice co-workers and residents/family members
Cons
Unprofessional environment.
revi
Professional Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 30, 2018
the valley house rehabilitation first in us my job it was hard after one year i catch up work place there was equality but, the benefit was poor i was working with my co worker team work
our patient were safe in long term and short term most they improve mental and physical get well. i care under law and nursing home procuger i do care for worker and patient
i was so responsibility for managing my duet time i finish my duet with full service and full energy.
the job culture depends the patient i make them fill home with daily life from bathing daily activity dressing grooming personal hgyen with exercise helping as care give all my responsibility.
Pros
properer working
Cons
to do necessary things as law
stressful and quick pace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 29, 2018
valley house rehab center in santa clara, ca consists of heavy workload with poor new management, high resident to staff ratio and unorganized enviroment. friendly staff.
Good environment; friendly workers
Evening and Sunday Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA 95054December 9, 2017
Patient managers who are always willing to help you learn new things. Everyone greets you with a smile very home-like environment for patients and workers
Pros
understanding manegers and coworkers
January 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We love to hear good things about our employees and work really hard to create a nice environment for everyone - staff & residents!

Do not work here!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 28, 2017
HORRIBLE PLACE!

I don't even know how they are still open. They over work the staff to the point where it cuts down on patient care levels. Call lights get left on for long periods of time. VERY dirty bugs where they shouldn't be! Do not seem to care if a coworker walks out in the middle of their shift. The try to pay you higher than most places to get you in until you start working your shift and you don't even have time to take your lunch or 15 min break.
Cons
No breaks, low staff
worst SNF
Treatment Nurse Specialist and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 30, 2017
don't work here. they are lying to pay you more because they are facing lawsuits and state is always there. theres always a catch right. PROTECT YOUR LICENSE
Productive and fun..
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 10, 2017
Its nice to work in the valley house,All the staff nice and easy to be with,and the patient are asy to taking care and to handle.its just that its a low sallary.
Pros
Free soup
Lack of Management
CNA (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 6, 2017
too many patients per one CNA, lack of management, not a lot of benefits, place is clean but its very low on CNAs. Learned a lot of things from other CNAs that were there for a long time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley House Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6