Valley Medical Group Employee Reviews

a rewarding place to work
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Easthampton, MAMay 20, 2018
Great place to work. Great Benefits, pto time, Our christmas bonus is amazing. Merit raises are given, we also have a yearly recognition dinner and awards. The mgt in our EHC office is great, Our team lead is very helpful,knowledgeable and participates on the floor helping .She list
ens to all our concerns and shows no favortism. The providers are very knowledgeable and caring of their patients. They also treat us thur out the yr with treats.We are a faced paced office which I like. I'm always learning and I do like to see some of my special patients. per the reviews written above by current staff or former Co workers , Each office does have its up and down, I feel ours is staff that doesn't get their way write bad reviews or former Newly Mas or Lpn straight out of school feel they know it all. Yes we do have meetings quite often for learning, or to improve better patient care and also a monthly luncheon with the CEO of the company who always ask our opinions/ concerns and yes, whenever
We have meeting , they are paid and when meeting with the CEO, lunch is also provided. to all future students or any others looking for a great place to work. Give Valley Medical Group a try.
Cardiac Device Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 1, 2018
Good place to work. A Lot of enthusiastic people. Strict hours. Amazing patient care by the team. Their 401 K plan and health insurance are very good.
Great place to work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Family PracticeApril 30, 2018
Since I've been at VMG I've learned so much and feel like I am part of a family. My co-workers and the management here make it a great place to work! My manager is very knowledgeable and supportive. Sometimes it can get very busy and overwhelming but everyone is great about pitching in and helping out! The holiday bonus was extremely appreciated!
Pros
Friendly working environment, great co-workers and manager, great new leadership
Cons
Busy environment
Rough Place to work at
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easthampton, MAApril 27, 2018
work place environment is very hostel and anything you do will end up being turned against you Your boss doesn't truly care about her employees at all
Pros
providers you work with
Cons
poor work environment
ok place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMarch 20, 2018
job is good verypoor manger never wants to hear what you want to say.

people you work with are very nice
doctors are great
clean office
good location
Pros
nice people
Cons
manger
A solid job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAMarch 14, 2018
I currently work here as a medical assistant. It can be busy at times but i enjoy the work. The management is great. I really love the patients and my coworkers. I feel like I am contributing to part of a team and I really like that.
Pros
holidays off, snow days, chirstmas bonus
Valley Medical Group is dedicated to providing health care to patients in Western MA.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Valley Medical Group. It was the first stepping stone for me as a Phlebotomist in the medical field, for which, I am grateful for. I enjoyed working there and I learned all aspects of out patient phlebotomy services. It is a great place to start as a new phlebotomist and I recommend starting at Valley Medical Group as a stepping stone for advancement to other health systems.
Family environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Easthampton, MAFebruary 6, 2018
I love my job at Valley Medical Group. I never feel like my time is being wasted. I feel important in my role because I am valued. I show up everyday and I give my coworkers and our patients the best version of me. I work hard and it doesn't go unnoticed. Working at Valley Medical Group truly does feel, to me, like home away from home. In the best sense of the term.
Pros
Pay is not terrible, 401K, annual raises, paid holidays, opportunities to make extra money, family environment, 1 hour lunch break
Cons
The stress that comes with working in the medical field.
Not a good working environment
Medical Coding/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Typical day at work was sitting at a computer and inputting data. Management was not available when needed. Workplace was not a friendly atmosphere.
Fast paced, educational environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAJanuary 15, 2018
High volume place to work. Most managers have their own style which is beneficial for a broad environment. There is a slight sacrifice of pay for working 5 days a week with no call or holidays. Overall this is a company that tries to take care of their employees the best they can in a turbulent healthcare environment.
Pros
No holidays, no call, friendly people
Cons
See above.
No large corporation nonsense.
RN (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 15, 2018
Valley Medical Group is a pioneer in healthcare. They are constantly seeking new and innovative ways to provide high-quality care to patients. The job truly allows us to make a difference in people’s lives. There is a great team feeling with coworkers and the President meets routinely with employees. This is the only place I’ve worked for where it seems as though my opinion matters! Highly recommend. The organization has changed so much since these older reviews.
Pros
Holiday bonus every year! Great co-workers.
Terrible place to work if you try to do your best
Non-MD medical staff (Former Employee) –  Hampshire CountyDecember 19, 2017
Terrible place to work if you want to be with other hard-working, motivated coworkers - they are few are far between anywhere in this company. If you are the kind of person that wants to show up each day and work hard or do your best you, will be in the minority.

Seems like 50% of the staff is currently claiming some sort of permanent or temporary disability which basically means they can call in sick, come in late or leave early whenever they feel like it - all with never having to worry about getting fired; that's fine, if VMG wants to make it the kind of place where the lazy can collect a paycheck, that's their decision - but who do you think carries the burden of everyone else who refuses to show up? Management refuses to backfill the staff when there lots of people out.The few of us that did show up without fail, and try to do our best - never recognized, never rewarded, poor pay and benefits is what you get for trying.

Hard work is not rewarded at this place - you can get paid a lot more for similar work in the general area - people leave all the time (the good people that is), and walked into 20-30-40% raises for doing similar jobs.

Why do you think this company has so many open positions, at ALL of their locations? Think about it.
Pros
Some nice coworkers and helping patients
Cons
working short-staffed constantly
a mess
Staff LPN (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MADecember 11, 2017
Worked there for 14 months. Incompetent mgmt, inadequate wages, and unsafe staffing resulting in constantly increasing workload. Patient care is mediocre at best.
Pros
a job
Stressful and busy with lack of training
Controlled Substance Refill Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MADecember 5, 2017
A busy environment with little downtime.Multiple responsibilities with inadequate training in all systems. Upper management does not understand jobs and will not accept suggestions on how to make it work smoother.
Cons
working 8.5 hrs day with no adjustment in starting time., No recognition of stressful interaction with providers who disagree with other providers.
quality first
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 4, 2017
There was no work/life balance, very difficult when you have a terminal illness in the family. Patient oriented which is very important, everyday was a learning experience.
Productive and fast pace work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJNovember 26, 2017
Performed vitals on patients, venipuncture, pulled charts, lab work, assisted doctors in minor surgeries, front desk. The hardest part of the job was assisting 2 doctors together. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patient's and building patient relationships.
too much work, too little pay
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Easthampton, MANovember 17, 2017
LOVE most of the providers and staff....great relationships with a lot of patients......ok place to start out & gain experience....NOT a forever job! Management ALWAYS down your throat to do more.....always about what you don't do instead of what you actually do. Never good enough.
Pros
gave me experience
Cons
high stress, low pay, poor management
Worse place I’ve ever worked
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, MANovember 17, 2017
Where to begin. This medical office has got to be the most unprofessional office I have ever been to. The management has favorites, they are bullies, they say horrible mean things to their employees. They do everything for the providers and nothing for the medical assistants or other staff. They talk about employees behind their backs to other employees. They act like they are above their employees. Working there has honestly ruined any chance of me continuing in the medical field.

I absolutely do not recommend anyone to work here. Benefits suck and the pay is even worse
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
Bullies
Clinical Licensed Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MANovember 13, 2017
Bad behavior was the norm and never admonished. Bullying was overlooked by management and HR. The work was steady, and although providers continuously ran behind, it was not overwhelming or stressful. Patient care was the priority.
Great stepping stone, not great for long term
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, MANovember 12, 2017
Low pay and poor management. Always short staffed as the turn over rate is extremely high. The departments are divided; cliquey and feels like high school most days.
Pros
Benefits / hour lunch
Cons
Low pay, poor management skills, staffing issues, “cliques” — departments feel divided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.