Valley Memorial Homes Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for.
Floater (Current Employee) –  GrandforksApril 17, 2019
Manager&Dept supervisor Do not do anything about a problem employee(some milk the time clock&nothing's done about i),I'm told to ignore it,No!I shouldn't have to ignore any problem at work, supervisors&manager should take of problems right away. Alot of favoritism.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Favoritism
Dont Waste Your Time
Charge/Treatment RN (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 1, 2019
This company is strictly for starting out. There is no hope for advancement as a strong nature of favoritism applies to everything. There isnt a day you dont work short and management could care less about employee concerns.
Excellant place
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 17, 2019
Valley Eldercare was a great place to work. I felt a part of the team and listened to. I could go to my manager with an issue and knew it would be addressed. Nurses and CNAs worked together for the care of the residents in their care.
Pros
Great management, excellent benefits
Cons
No coverage for call-in staffing making for staff shortage
Best place ever
Cna (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 22, 2018
I loved working for valley. I worked on several neighboodhoods and it is a wonderful place to work. Working in a long term care facility you get very attached to your residents and very close with co workers.
April 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We are very proud of how our residents and staff make up one, big family, and I'm so happy to read that you knew you were a part of it!

Take care and best wishes on your future endeavors!

Valley Memorial Homes

Fast paced but easy work
Dietary Aide/Server (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 28, 2017
I have worked at Valley Memorial Homes for almost 5 years now. I have never had a job that I've liked more. They are very flexible and have great pay.
March 9, 2018

How awesome to hear! Thank you for the great review!

cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 1, 2017
My experience was horrible. If you ask around my guess your questions will be answered on what care is at Valley. Valley 4000 is glamed to help with the ratings. Find out on your own you will last or you won't.
March 9, 2018

I'm so sorry to read that you had a horrible experience. We would certainly like to learn from situations like this, so if you are willing, I'd be happy to discuss what happened. Please call any time.

701.787.7545

Very good benefits, fun and fast paced
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 22, 2017
I really enjoyed the 7 years I worked here. I always felt appreciated, got rewarded with yearly pay raises with good evaluations. I moved up positions quickly and never got bored.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Competetive staff
March 9, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! We are so happy your experience working here was wonderful. We wish you well in your future endeavors!

Not Happy
Dining/custodian (Current Employee) –  Grandforks,ndMay 9, 2017
This is the worse company I have worked for,management does nothing about problem employees,(some get by with so much).I work two depts,&theres a lot of favoritism.&I work for this company for a long long time& I work hard&I feel so unappreciated,(husband wants me to quit)&find something else.I never been so unhappy at a job.&pay isn't that great for the work I have to do.
Pros
Some weekends off
Cons
Poor management.
March 9, 2018

I'm sorry that you're having a bad experience with us. Normally, I would suggest you have a meeting with your supervisor to discuss your concerns, but it appears the supervisor may be part of the issue. If that's the case, please reach out to me so we can meet. I'd be happy to hear what you have to say and to help get things back on track.

Wonderful Residents
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 12, 2016
Valley Memorial homes was a good place to work. The staff there do a wonderful job of working together and making sure there was a wonderful living environment for the residents to live in.
March 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! Teamwork and Trust are two of our core values, so I'm so happy to read that you experienced both while working here. It's all for our residents - they are the BEST! Good luck to you!

Experience on my work.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 6, 2016
1. To give personal care, team work, answer call.
2. I learn about our life.
3. I am able to manage my good personality, like to be patience, tolerance etc.
4. My co-workers are nice, helpful, always encourage me and love me.
5. I feel hard, when my resident pass away infornt of me.
6. I really feel joy when my resident love me, and share their life's experience.
Pros
have to work in cultural diversities environment with good people, Good salary, bonus, Pto
Cons
seeing people dying.
March 9, 2018

Sorry for taking so long to reply - we just "claimed" this page, so we are now able to comment....

Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy to hear you had a great working experience with us. Yes, the hardest part is when our residents pass away - they become family!

Take good care and good luck!

Cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 26, 2014
a typical day at work would start with us answering residents lights if they needed anything with assistance with the bathroom or water, then most of them would be napping after lunch and we would help with them to get ready for the next meal which was supper time. then once supper came we handed out their food to them or helped assist with feeding if they couldn't. we gave baths or showers afterwards and helped them get ready for bed. at the end of the shift we did all the charting on all the residents that we took care of.
Pros
great benefits< and loved the residents
Cons
Bad manegment
Management skills
CNA/ Assistant Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 2, 2013
I learned how to care for patients and interact with patients who have dementia. I learned time management and how to care for several patients at one time.
compassion for the elderly
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks,NDDecember 23, 2012
This is a good place to work, however, the management a lot of times does not see eye to eye with employees. We take great care of caring for our elderly and wish and hope that we would be listened to more often with our suggestions.
Pros
non-rotatine shifts
Cons
12 hr shifts and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Memorial Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Valley Memorial Homes Reviews by Location