Valley Metro Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work.
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 12, 2018
I loved working there. The only reason I left is because I felt I had gone as far as the company could take me.
Great place to work. The safety manager alone is worth staying for. DORA is awesome.
No company is perfect but this one I would highly recommend.
Sean DeLoatch
Pros
Smooth paced, job security
Cons
No room for advancement
Great people working at the quasi-government job
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 3, 2018
Good mission, good people, great retirement so not the best pay. Free transit pass, nice office space. Overall good work environment and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Job security, retirement
Cons
pay akin to government pay scale
good place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 26, 2017
good place to work meet people every day and get to see different parts of the valley every day.the people I work with are friendly and help you if you have questions about anything
Critical services provided to public and both professional and dedicated staff execute daily tasks required to provide high quality of service.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2017
Valley Metro provides critical transportation services to members of the community throughout the region. With sixteen members cities, Valley Metro's organizational challenge, must balance and meet the needs of each individual member municipality, to ensure that tax payer funds are responsibly and equitably distributed by providing safe and reliable transportation to the transit users in the valley.

As the Region continues to grow, Valley Metro thoughtfully and strategically executes its mission, to meet the unique needs of members cities.

The staff at Valley Metro are highly skilled and collaborative in their approach to executing the mission of the organization.
Pros
Highly skilled, collaborative, creative and dedicated staff
Cons
Advancement oppportunities
Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2017
Managers have been promoted from line employees, refuse to listen to new ideas and keep employees with good ideas down. Managers abuse their positions and favoritism runs rampant., not based on merit but rather who gossips more to the managers.
If you like driving & live to work this is for you.
City Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 2, 2017
They provide very thorough training before you're driving routes on your own. The problem is you start on what they call an extra board meaning you are substituting for drivers that are out sick, on vacation or otherwise. The problem is they'll schedule you to come in for a standby at 5:15am and then be scheduled to drive a route from 12-9pm. So you end up burning the candle at both ends and you cannot plan anything besides work on your work days.
Pros
thorough training before you're driving routes on your own
Cons
cannot plan anything besides work on your work days
very hostile
Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2017
its not the greatest place to work, while i enjoy what i do very very much the mentality that the company has towards its employees and how we are always reminded that we are replaceable isn't the most inspiring workplace.
great
OJT-Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 10, 2017
I loved working here. I appreciate how the co workers and managers were so nice and caring to me. Everyone was always so happy and always greeted me with a smile.
Good company for work/life balance
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
New leadership is helping take Valley Metro in the direction it needs to go. Strong commitment to employees. Belief in work/life balance and new commitment to job training is a perk.
Productive employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2016
Valley Metro customer service is a very stressful job. You have management that are not always on the same page so the expectation for the job vary. The co workers are nice and friendly.
Pros
Free bus pass

Want to know more about Valley Metro?

Ask a question
awsome place to work
security (Former Employee) –  edinburg txAugust 27, 2015
Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Provides information by answering questions and requests.
Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
productive fun work place
Aids the Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phx Az 85033December 27, 2013
productive fun work place. •Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Pros
free condiments
Cons
short breaks
Lacks Unity
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2013
This is a highly stressful job, the work load is okay but the type of work is stressful. It is a high volume call center. The management staff is not always on the same page which causes division amongst the workers, there is no accountability for work performance only for attendance. Being a valued worker is not a priority only that you show up. There are no incentatives, no moral and the call center employees are often treated as bottom of the barrel. The pay rate is good and the peer groups are great.
Pros
Good rate of pay
Cons
Point system
Fun work place
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 17, 2013
I loved this job I would like to return in the future my co-workers was nice I really liked my boss he was more like an uncle than my boss and he is a very caring person he cares about you as a person not just an employee
Pros
Family members got free transpotation
Cons
Had to wait two years for a vacation
It was a nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant-Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VirginiaMay 20, 2012
As Secretary to the General Manager, my day began with a brief chat and exchange of pleasantries. Discussion of tasks need to concentrate on given the time of the month, and/or reports needing typed, or dictation of letters to be typed up. I as well, typed correspondence for the company excutives. While doing these tasks, I greeted visitors, answered question of our bus drivers, and/or refered them to the personnel officer. Answered the phone giving travel and time information to riders. Promoted to Benefits Coordinator, and was responsible for the employee benefits, relaying insurance information, maintaining employee records, while still performing the previously discussed tasks of the position.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say were the management staff I worked with. I liked my boss as he was witty and fun to work with and most of the staff had a laid-back pleasantness.
Pros
first job i got when moved to virginia, working with the transit company
Cons
i was really bored with the type of work i did, transportation, not really my field of interest.