Valley Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Low Pay
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 4, 2019
The pay was incredibly low. I had to work overtime each week to make ends meet. The likelihood for advancement was dismal. The current application process feels like you are signing away your life. You have to promise not to sue them in the application process.
Pros
I learned a lot about the insurance industry
Cons
Low pay
Good learning hospital.
Crcst- sit (Current Employee) –  Van nuys, CAFebruary 2, 2019
90% of employees are up to par when it comes to the work load. Great learning hospital, workers are eager to teach. The only con is a few lazy people that we have to pull their weight for.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere. Great people.
Cons
Some workers that are there to fool around instead of work.
productive
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Typical day at work, learned a lot, management was good along with workplace culture. nothing was hard about the job and i enjoyed everything for the most part.
I was a Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day while volunteering was getting there and logging in then i went to my unit and reported to the nurses and asked what i could do for them. There are many people who are very friendly but then there is people who get angry for no apparent reason and should not be working in an environment where costumer service is very important
I was so young when I worked here.
Computed Tomographer, X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 19, 2018
When I worked here the manager was a laid back guy. He seemed understanding and tried to cater to my needs for knowledge. By training his employees he let us become better as a whole. Overall working here wasn't a bad experience.
Productive and fun
Customer Service in Gift Shop (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CADecember 2, 2018
Working as a a volunteer was instructional. I learned quite a bit and it was a very valuable experience for me. I learned how to answer phones and work as a cashier.
Pros
Free lunches
great work environment
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 17, 2018
great energy, the staff is always willing to help one another, great teamwork, great communication skills throughout the surgical staff
fun work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 24, 2018
this job was exclint to help me grow. it was fun working for the hospital setting they were good to me and help me learn a lot about phlebotomy, and I loved working in the er department
Lack of structured processes
ICU Clinical Supervisor- pm shift (Former Employee) –  ICUOctober 3, 2018
Employees are nice and welcoming. Its not known for transformational leadership. More like a dictatorship from the CNO, in my experience. My director was very flexible, approachable and collaborative. Unfortunately she was "pushed out" of her position.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Poor senior leadership
fun workplace
Wound & Amputation Center/Dispatch Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 17, 2018
all employees are helpful, and caring and provide needed information.
Easy to work with employees and and have many opportunities to work in many different areas of the hospital.
Pros
free lunches for volunteers
Cons
no cons
A Great Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 9, 2018
It is a great experience to do if you don't have experience in any other type of work. I had a blast in the work field because my coworkers were amazing and the work itself is really easy.
Productive and Interesting Workplace
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 3, 2018
Valley Presbyterian Hospital helped me learn a lot about the hospital setting and my ability to do work that was assigned to me. I worked in distribution delivering medical equipment to the appropriate department.
no team work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 7, 2018
At VPH no one cares for anyone else. There is no teamwork. Your opinion is not welcomed, no one cares what you think and your suggestions are never validated. As a newcomer, you are on your own and if anything goes wrong all the fingers are pointed at you. No one appreciates your effort, however, if you do any mistake you are the talk of the day. The administration does not respect your cultural and religious beliefs and they fire you for practicing your religious beliefs.
Pros
Cons
culturally intolerant
Valley Presbyterian Hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 18, 2018
This was my very first transcription position and I was hired as a paid trainee based on my testing results. They normally did not pay trainees, but they saw my potential.
Pros
good work environment
avarage work place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 16, 2018
Valley Press is a good hospital, the hospital has nurse retention problems. Supervisors are at times don't reports problems to quality control which creates an unsafe working environment.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long term employees have their click and don't take to new employees well
Diamond in the rough (neighborhood).
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 11, 2018
Nothing spectacular here. People doing the best they can with what resources they have. Serving an underprivileged area and doing it well. Not much room for career advancement.
Pros
Taking care of the down and out.
Cons
Management turnover seems high.
I was PD at Valley
Administrative House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 2, 2018
My typical day was maintaining hospital operations. Such as house staffing and monitoring. I monitored and supervised the entire hospital.

I only worked PD.
Excellent teamwork
Staff RN, Labor and Delivery Unit (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 25, 2018
All staff nurses worked as a team. A day could be overwhelming at times but with the support received from co-workers, the load becomes lighter and faster to accomplish.
sociable environment , happy staff !
Volenteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 15, 2018
I was only a volunteer at Valley Presbyterain Hospital, it was important for us to always have a positive attitude. The doctors, nurses, and all the staff in the hospital were so out-going. i really enjoyed working there, a member in my family had surgery there and the way they treated her was amazing & her recovery took only a few days! Only reason I stopping volunteering is because I finished my hours yet, went over board. I recommend everyone to choose this lovely environment!
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers under $6
Cons
Not a lot to do in escort office
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 2, 2018
I volunteered 120 hours. Great experience and amazing staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I had a good experience volunteering my time and would recommend to others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Presbyterian. Our community is ready to answer.