Valley Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
no team work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 7, 2018
At VPH no one cares for anyone else. There is no teamwork. Your opinion is not welcomed, no one cares what you think and your suggestions are never validated. As a newcomer, you are on your own and if anything goes wrong all the fingers are pointed at you. No one appreciates your effort, however, if you do any mistake you are the talk of the day. The administration does not respect your cultural and religious beliefs and they fire you for practicing your religious beliefs.
Pros
Cons
culturally intolerant
avarage work place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 16, 2018
Valley Press is a good hospital, the hospital has nurse retention problems. Supervisors are at times don't reports problems to quality control which creates an unsafe working environment.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long term employees have their click and don't take to new employees well
Diamond in the rough (neighborhood).
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 11, 2018
Nothing spectacular here. People doing the best they can with what resources they have. Serving an underprivileged area and doing it well. Not much room for career advancement.
Pros
Taking care of the down and out.
Cons
Management turnover seems high.
I was PD at Valley
Administrative House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 2, 2018
My typical day was maintaining hospital operations. Such as house staffing and monitoring. I monitored and supervised the entire hospital.

I only worked PD.
Excellent teamwork
Staff RN, Labor and Delivery Unit (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 25, 2018
All staff nurses worked as a team. A day could be overwhelming at times but with the support received from co-workers, the load becomes lighter and faster to accomplish.
sociable environment , happy staff !
Volenteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 15, 2018
I was only a volunteer at Valley Presbyterain Hospital, it was important for us to always have a positive attitude. The doctors, nurses, and all the staff in the hospital were so out-going. i really enjoyed working there, a member in my family had surgery there and the way they treated her was amazing & her recovery took only a few days! Only reason I stopping volunteering is because I finished my hours yet, went over board. I recommend everyone to choose this lovely environment!
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers under $6
Cons
Not a lot to do in escort office
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 2, 2018
I volunteered 120 hours. Great experience and amazing staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I had a good experience volunteering my time and would recommend to others.
workplace culture
Clinical RN II Med-Surg (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 1, 2018
enjoyable part of my job is when you see your patient improve, and most of the time thats the most fulfilling part of it. the chief doctor of our unit is very caring and hardworking.
Fun and Educational Work Place
Distribution/Dispatch Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 30, 2018
There is much you can learn from volunteering at Valley Presbyterian Hospital, most importantly work experience which you can use for later jobs and a more successful future.
Pros
free lunches, work experience
Cons
not paid
There is no specialty in this ICU, it was exciting to have a wide range of body systems to learn about
Staff Nurse, Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 23, 2018
I am a very highly motivated person and I enjoyed my new experience as a new nurse.

It has been a long time since I worked at this location it would not be fair to give my opinion
Pros
lived 15 minutes of walking away
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 11, 2018
Working at Valley Pres was a challenge. My hrs where fulltime but it seems like there was always something to do even when I left for the day. I wanted to do my very best so I stayed after hrs even though I was not payed extra which that was not a concern for me. I work for my clients and have to give the best of quality care.
Enjoyable
Patient Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 3, 2018
I worked at Valley Presbyterian Hospital for over 10 years. It was a very comfortable and enjoyable work environment. From working w/the doctors/nurses to registration we all had a good work ethic.
Pros
doctors/nurses had a good working report
Cons
turnover
fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 4, 2018
i intent to work at VPH for a very long time, i enjoy making a difference in patient's lives. the schedules are flexible and the staff are very helpful and flexible.
Better job
Refrigeration Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 4, 2018
Worked as Stationary and HVAC engineer
Operation , maintenance and repairs of boilers ,chillers
heating and domestic hot water medical air medical vacuum , oxygen
sump pumps
Volunteer
Volunteer & Community (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 2, 2018
They had a Volunteer Program at this Hospital and you had to interview to be accepted. This was a great opportunity for learning. They no longer have COPE Health solutions Volunteer program. I was fortunate enough to have gone through the program.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Nothing :-)
Valley Presbyterian Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 1, 2018
Valley Presbyterian Hospital is a community hospital. The management is good but there is room for improvement. The culture within the GI Lab is great and the employees get along well.
busy and plenty of work to do
DISHWASHER AND ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 12, 2018
It was really busy for me because i was one person doing two position and i had to get it done before i left. so their were a lot of times i had to stay overtime.
valley presbyterian
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I work part time II so I work 36 hours in a pay period
I do not receive any benefits
So if I do not work I do not get paid
The unit is sometimes closed so I am put on call or called off
So I float to other units so I can work and get paid
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unit is closed often
great learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I volunteered at this hospital to get familiar with the job as ultrasound sonographer. It was very a great learning experience to study different cases. I worked with knowledgeable mentors.
Fun place to work at
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 19, 2018
The workers who set up the trays are really nice. They want to help teach you and when it is slow they let you go on a longer break especially when instruments are being cleaned.