Valley Proteins Employee Reviews in Linkwood, MD

Terrible company to work for
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDJune 23, 2019
No management support. Extreme cliques. Hostile work environment. Management bullying. Low pay. No support options at the division or corporate level.
Pros
Cons
nothing good about this company
Welcome to the worst place on earth
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDJune 21, 2019
Management sucks job sucks the smell is horrible the owners are a joke you will have no family life work too many hours for little pay very unsafe place to work Hi-Health risk dirty no life outside those fences super hot during the summer freezing cold during the winter management does not know how to talk to their employees backstabbing no-good lying management too many conceited people like I said earlier worst place on Earth
Pros
Zero
Cons
Good pay horrible environment.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDApril 30, 2019
The pay is decent.but you are treated less then human!!! Management encourages friction between the drivers! A lot of preferential treatment from the management from one driver to the next! And a whole lot of he said she said !
Pros
Pay is decent
June 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. We know our associates are working very hard for us, and we strive to offer a rewarding compensation package. It is great to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. It is disappointing to hear that you felt like there was favoritism. Because we are always looking to improve, I will make sure that I share this feedback with the management team. We wish you all the best in your future professional endeavors.

-Dan
HR Manager

Will sell you sunshine but deliver snow storm
Driver (Current Employee) –  Linkwood,MDOctober 15, 2018
Like it has been said, lots of promises but no delivery. Paid by the load but some nights you will spend all night waiting in empty trailers at the plant and only make ten dollars an hour. Serious lack of management communication. It’s a circus with too many ring leaders.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We are working to address your concerns in several ways: We are adding additional trailers to reduce turn around times, our load pay is being enhanced, and we have increased driver pay because we know how hard our drivers are working for us. Thank you for being a driver for our company and we hope these changes provide you with a rewarding experience.

-Dan
HR Manager

Sucks!
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Linkwood, MDMarch 1, 2018
Job sucks! Everyone hates this job. I would not recommend this to others because they would carry stink home with them. Management does not know how to talk to employees.
Pros
At least i got a job! Doesn't pay well!
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you feel management does not communicate well with employees. We’re always looking for ways we can improve, and I will share your feedback with the management team. How the Company makes a sustainable difference is by recycling animal by-products into high quality ingredients for live stock feed and pet food. At times there may be a smell, yet you can go home proud that you are helping the environment. If you would like to provide more feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com.

Thank you!
Dan
Valley Proteins - Human Resource Manager

Ok if don't have a family life
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDJuly 25, 2017
When I first started working here it was great, when my wife was having problems with pregnancy they really worked with me and helped us. However upon change of hands at the company they told me to kiss my family goodbye. I wasn't happy with that as I had a newborn.
Move On this company has many problems
feather operator (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDApril 1, 2017
Prepare for dishonesty among management and working long hours for little pay. The worst place you will ever work. I was promised advancement opportunity and I was given a constantly changing and unpredictable schedules
Pros
I thought I could be promoted
Cons
Your just a number
Horrible Management
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Linkwood, MDOctober 5, 2016
Prepare for dishonesty and working long hours for little pay. Welcome to the worst place you will ever work. I was promised advancement opportunity and I was given a constantly changing and unpredictable schedule.
Don't waste your time
Various (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDAugust 17, 2016
Pay at Valley Proteins is on the level of fast food workers and to be honest, I'd rather go flip burgers than work there again. You're talked to and treated like dirt. This is a company that will go out of its way to get one over on you. It oozes with sleaziness. They don't care about their employees one bit, but they need to realize it's the ones on the front lines, doing all the work that are the ones making money for them.

This company quite possibly has some of the worst management I've ever seen - there were a couple of notable exceptions who were far too good to be working there, but the good ones were few and far between. Management will lie to your face and a lot of backstabbing goes on. The have their favorites and if you're not one of them, you can forget about moving up in the company or getting a raise, no matter how hard you work.

They will find any reason to write you up so they can take your attendance bonus away from you. I loved how some people managed to keep their bonus, even when they missed time.

Awful health insurance - extremely expensive and outrageously high deductible.

Micromanagement to the point that working there just became an impossible nightmare. Corporate was completely out of touch with what was going on at the plants and just made it a jumbled mess of red tape and trying to jump through hoops just to get a simple task done.

Safety violations out the wazoo, but you had a safety person running around obsessing about dumb stuff, instead of the major things that really put the employees at risk.
Pros
It's a paycheck and a pitiful one at that
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits package, horrible management, disgusting work
Horrible
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDJune 2, 2016
Alot of the employees are really great especially the drivers. However I was hired as a supervisor and was supposed to be trained. It never happened the way it should have. Worst working environment and surely some people in management do not know how to treat employees nor do they care about their attitudes. This is part of the bigger picture that makes VP look bad as an employer. Your top people suck!! Micro managing is running your company and allowing dumb stuff to happen behind corporates back is ridiculous! I'm not upset that I don't work there anymore it's a blessing!!!
Pros
Great drivers who do their jobs
Cons
Upper management needs a overhaul
A lot of sneakiness
All (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDMay 4, 2016
Over all not to bad. There are SEVERAL negatives!
Main office does not understand that in this job experience counts more than degees ever will. There are a few management that fly by with being lazy and passing job off to other employees. They do say you can advance however it seems that the hardest working are always over looked while the lazy ones are praised. Seems that lazier you are the more company likes you. Job is stressful and at times very unfair in treatment. The pay could be a lot better! People that been with company make less than new ones. The owners are complete opposites. The one is very rude, valger, unappreciative of everything and has a major ego problem. Money has gone to this man's head and does not understand that it's the employees that have got him where he is.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDOctober 9, 2015
Two different type of driving jobs, raw products and finished products.

-Raw products, you can get 4 loads a day, pay is based on load,

-Finished products, usually 1 load a day, but pay is around the same as the Raw products, could be called in for a raw run.

be prepared to work 12-14 hours a day. Mon-Fri, with Sat on occasion.
Pros
Electronic logs, easy to work with management, easy drives
Cons
a few faulty equipment, dirty bathroom.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDMay 26, 2015
Never have I hooked up a trailer and pulled it all over the yard to include 3 u turns and 5 stop and starts including going over the railroad tracks up onto the road ( a loaded tanker ) and have the trailer pull away from the king pin and some how it was my fault ? That's after passing 2 managers that were standing there watching my hook up and get out to check to make sure it was locked in and waved to me as I drove passed them !!! But I'm the one that gets into trouble because it was something I did.. Shady company and that's all about the bottom dollar and your nothing but a number to them !!!
Pros
Home Everyday
Cons
Bad Equipment and Product