Valley Proteins Employee Reviews in Rose Hill, NC

Machine operator and working on the ramp
Machine Operator working on ramp (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCAugust 19, 2019
I learned how to work most of the machine and how to get along with others very well and my job was machine operator and working on the ramp I really enjoy that.
Cons
Healthcare
Production Supervisor / Looking for Growth / Advancement within the Company.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCJune 7, 2019
Coming from a 20 year background in Maintaining Industrial Safety (OSHA, FDA, Joint Commission, Board Of Pharmacy, ETC), Industrial Manufacturing & Operations / Sales Management for Major Leaders in Fortune 500 Companies. I find myself in one of the Most Interesting Facilities I have ever worked in.
The Diversity in this Workforce has the ability to make Major Impacts on the Facility, Environment & Each Other. They work in conditions that I admit is not for the Faint at Heart but find a way to make it work.

I’m here to Grow not only as a Leader but to show my 20 + years Experience in a Management Role. I’m looking for advancement within a Company making a difference.

I will absorb all the knowledge from the shovel & up.

If there is a problem offer a solution not a complaint. Speak to Management. Some listen to what you say.

I will see if the company is true to there advancement opportunities.

Looking for a Future.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Equipment is Hindering the Rendering Process. Fix the issues & Produce a Quality Product.
Managers dont know the job
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCMarch 27, 2019
Its and a decent place to work at the employees there are good people managers were too, but all of a sudden some started quitting and now the managers there know less than the employees and stay in the office not trying to learn but sure to let you know if you did something wrong and blame others for their short comings hardest part is the 12+ hour shifts and its enjoyable working with people there.
Pros
People and money
Cons
Managers
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you experienced subpar leadership at Valley Proteins. This is not a typical employee experience. The management team strives to guide the company in a direction that is beneficial for both employees and clients. Our managers will be notified of your comments so that they can be more effective in the future. We appreciate your service to the company and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your co-workers.

- Dan
HR Manager

Company lacks in all areas
Cooker Operator/Lead Man/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCMarch 3, 2019
Taking a look back on my journey from Valley I am very glad I worked with and left the company. If i had not worked there I would not have people in my corner that I trust. Which was very few from that company by the way. I worked very hard there each and every day giving it 100 percent even when feeling bad. This company nor the management care about their workers; which is the blood and soul of what drives and makes money. I can recall a lityle over 5 years ago my wife had a miscarriage and i stayed out of work and upon returning 2 days later I had been written up and told the baby was of no kin to me so I had to be written up. Strange right? It was at that point i knew i could no linger stay there becuase I knew at that instance my worth to that company. Being forced to work two shifts becuase they could not hire and keep people. So when I stayed out after being worked into the groundi had been written up on my regular scheduled off days. After all the work and life sacrifices I made to work there I was promoted only to be demoted for a guy off the street that had zero experience in that environment. Gave him a salary and which was double what I was making. The last write up they gave me set it in stone that I would leave there was for quote sabotaging a shut down. If anyone knows the operation how can you sweep out a cooker full of hotdogs with chicken offal? You can not it will only turn to mush and flood out your discharge screws. After demoting me they did not have a supervisor to start up the plant. So when I refused to I was called all kinds pf names  more... behind closed doors. Basically they wanted me to have supervisor responsiblity and run the cooker for $16 hr. I would be a fool to do that. It takes a speacial type of characteristic to work there and the loyal hard working employees that they had will most likely never return. And what they have now is what they dod to themselves. I will not speak on the safety violations its just to much to list. With all of that said dont let my experience stop you from working there. Experiences can vary person to person.  less
Pros
Do work very few in the nation does
Cons
Too much to list
poor place to work for
cooker operator (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCOctober 21, 2018
this is a very terrible place to work for. The management sucks and the work hours as well. You can never have time to spend with your family because you are always working.
Pros
the pay is good
Cons
lack of communication
December 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and I will make sure management gets your review. Our Industry has no shortage of work and our customers are counting on us to be there for them. We strive to be transparent and communicate clearly when overtime is required as soon as possible. I am glad you were satisfied with your pay. We understand great people are working hard for us and we want to provide them with a rewarding paycheck. Thank you for your service with us.

-Dan
HR Manager

There are many good things I could say but the bad started outweighing the good
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCDecember 23, 2017
They send New General Management that don’t have a qlue what they are doing and use them as long as they will stay to run the plant into the ground and the bring in the calvery of long time management to save the day to save face and fix what they see as the problem.
Pros
At this time none
Cons
Micro Managed
February 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback about your personal experience, because we’re always looking for ways we can improve. Your former role as a Maintenance Manager is critical to our operation. Thank you for the time you dedicated to making a difference in our organization. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to HR@VALLEYPROTEINS.COM.

Dan
Valley Proteins - Human Resource Manager

Terrible
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCMarch 29, 2017
Job has no perks of being there, people are not friendly at all. People do not get along. Work conditions are bad. Never get any time at home or weekends.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work conditions
Waste of time
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCSeptember 30, 2016
Never have I worked anywhere with such poor management. I was hired as a manager then told I wasn't. Then told I was a supervisor in training and had the position pulled out from under me without a single word. The management refused to talk to me at all. When crossing the lot they would often times turn around or walk the other way when I was coming and would call other employees to relay a message to me. Childish, ignorant, liars would be a few words I could use to describe them but not even that does them justice. The lesser employees are all great to work with and great people. The health insurance is really expensive. The work environment is very unsafe and unclean. No time off ever. General work days were between 9-15 hours. They will ask you to do illegal things to cut corners. Most of the management are under the impression you have the IQ of a brick and treat you accordingly. The amount of favoritism and childish games is outright ridiculous. Would recommend digging out outhouses over working there.
Pros
Vending machine accepts cards
Cons
Health insurance, less than poor management, long hours with little time off, unsafe unclean work environment, favoritism and very childish adults
24/7 position
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCAugust 24, 2016
It is hard work yet well compensated. work is hard hot and smells, its a rendering facility. The Management is on call 24/7