Valley Proteins Employee Review

View all Valley Proteins reviews

Hours are not compensated for
Driver (Current Employee) –  AnonamousJuly 26, 2019
They take hours off of my check randomly. Missing 20 hours over the last few months. Getting 10 hours on my next check instead of them cutting a check right then. I have a family to take care of and they don't seem to care. People who are not even allowed on the payroll were messing with my time. The manager at my location tried to fix it but it was hard to even get ahold of HR. The payroll lady would hang up on me. Makes this job feel sketchy. Especially when I work so hard for them. The checks are good when they are correct. I have some good co-workers. I just feel lied to and unappreciated with this last issue. We will see if I actually get any retro hours on my check.
Official response from Valley Proteins
September 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize for the oversight that created the discrepancy with your pay. You did the right thing, you contacted HR and we immediately discovered the problem and it was fixed. Ultimately, this was a training issue and that has been addressed as well. We will continue to work hard to make sure you do not feel underappreciated again.

-Dan
HR Manager

Other Valley Proteins Employee Reviews

Multiple reasons why not to work here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2019
Where to begin,
The work place smells horrible and it will probably take you about three showers before the smell actually comes off. If you have a phobia of cockroaches and rats then you best not even set foot inside. Lets also get to the part where you will work your behind off for whole weeks a majority of the time whether it is brutally hot, freezing cold, or raining cats and dogs and you get only one weekend off a month! So thats family time your not going to get. Basically, when you work here, you give the impression you dont have a life outside of work.The owners/managers forget that you are human and instead think of you as a machine. Speaking of machines, the place is so raggedy and obsolete that something is always breaking down or in need of maintanence which puts more stress on you because its apparently your responsibility to figure out a way to keep things running. Forget about advancement or any kind of promotion. Do not get me even started on the pay! Working as hard as the way the make you work, you should be taking home no less than $1000 weekly but somehow, the taxes are pretty much extortionate and if you know whats good for you, dont even bother trying to get their "health insurance" or any other one of their "benifits" because that will take another chunk out of your check to the point where you take home a measly $500-$600. The work is also unhealthy and dangerous and they will cluck about cleanliness but once your done using cancer causing chemicals, the place gets dirty within no time flat and your hard work was for nothing. The supervisors and managers
  more... are practically bullies and play favorites over there and will turn a blind eye to their favorites making mistakes but will yell and write you up quickly for making the same exact one. Yes, you basically get written up for every little thing and they take away your bonuses and what not for being written up. Not to mention that you will possibly not get along with certain employees who make it their business to give you a hard time. So it will probably be little wonder why you wont be in the best of moods when you get home. You are one person with multiple things to look after and to do within your department but everyone there expects you to perform miracles but somehow that doesnt register with your superiors and they get upset with you when you dont. My advice, dont work here, its really not worth it.  less
Valley Proteins
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCSeptember 7, 2019
A very fast paced place to work. If you work in the office it very stressful and sometimes make you want to quit. They hire people and bring them in making more money than the employees here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Proteins. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7