Valley Proteins Employee Reviews

Productive enviironment
TRUCK SHOP MACHANIC/FABRICATOR (Current Employee) –  VERIBST TXJune 5, 2018
Great place to work, family oriented,benefits are great. They also have incentives such as p.A.B. Which is perfect attendance bonus each week. Would recommend to others to apply.
Pros
Benefits, Steady work
Cons
It may smell a bit but nothing you cant get used to
June 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear that we have been able to provide you with a satisfying work experience and that you would recommend Valley Proteins to others. Because we are a family run business, offering great benefits and a weekly attendance bonus is how we try to show our appreciation for all of the hard work our employees are putting in. Never hesitate to provide us with your feedback, so we can continue to bring our A-game to you, every day!

Yep its another day in paradise.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linville, VAMay 8, 2018
Typical day in work, is not a typical day at work. Management is what it is, and will always be! The most enjoyable part was having an office to myself.
June 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We welcome feedback so that we can continue to grow and provide positive working experiences. I am glad you enjoyed your private office! If you think of anything else to share, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com.

Do not work here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 24, 2018
Management will sell you a dream and then no follow through on anything promised. No advancement but will promise there is. There are lot of manager that are full of it. They will treat you like the bottom of their shoe. They treat salary employees different from hourly employees. Management does not know how to talk to employees.
Pros
The relationship that are built with people who treat you with respect
Cons
Terrible place to work! That’s why they can’t keep good employees
June 1, 2018

We strive to provide a positive experience for all of our employees, so it’s disappointing to hear we missed the mark with you. Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your comments along to management so that we can do better the next time. If you think of anything else to share, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com.

Not trust worthy.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2018
I worked for Valley Proteins 1 yr and 3 months (given an very good annual review), when they gave me two weeks notice that my job had been eliminated. Now they have a temp. in the position???

The company had great benefits. However drivers had a hard time getting time off for doctor appointments, school meeting, etc., but they expected drivers to drop what they were doing on days off and come in and work on short notice.
Pros
401, Hsa
Cons
Management always blamed employee's never took any responsibility.
June 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Because we value all of the hard work our team members are giving us, we strive to provide great benefits. It is encouraging to hear that we met your expectations in that area. A lot goes into running each of our locations. I can promise you that your time with us was valued. I will pass along your feedback to the leadership team who will take a closer look at the issues you have raised. If you think of anything else to share, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com.

Very long hours. Horrible equipment
Ramp Technician (Former Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCApril 13, 2018
It was an ok place to work if u dont mind the long hours. The equipment they had was very awful and u had to be very careful when using it cause it was very old.The employees on the shift i work was great group of guys to work with even Supervisor was cool
June 1, 2018

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your coworkers and that your Supervisor was cool. (There’s nothing worse than an uncool boss!) Even so, I’m sorry to hear that some aspects of your time with us did not match our intention of being a great place to work. Please know that providing a safe work environment is our highest priority. We are always looking to improve and your feedback will help us get there; thank you.

great place to work
Still present Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2018
I love working here, I am always learning new information everyday. I am now hired through a Temp agency, we are pushing to hire me on to Valley Proteins, so we are not dealing with the "middle" man.
June 1, 2018

Isn’t it great to love what you do? Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I wish you the best of luck in your new Administrator role, and I hope that you continue to learn something new each day. Thanks again!

Not a great place to work
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  East Earl, PAApril 9, 2018
Management will sell you a dream and then no follow through on anything promised. No advancement but will promise there is. Pay is low for all the physical labor involved and raises are a joke. Insurance is a HSA with high premium and deductibles.
Pros
Flexible time off (without pay), Home Daily
Cons
Insurance, No Loyality to employees, Management lacks backbone.
June 1, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback. As a current employee, I encourage you to speak with your chain of command, and HR will always make time to listen to your concerns. We work hard to maintain a positive, family-like environment. I’m sorry that our efforts are not currently meeting your expectations. I will pass your comments along to the management team so that we can do better. If you think of anything else to share, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCMarch 24, 2018
Enjoying working here great people ,vacation time annual raises, good management, insurance is ok ,get vacation time after a year ,work all holidays except Christmas
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Health insurance is high
June 1, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoy working with the team in Wadesboro, NC! You’re right about the great people we work with. We also work hard to provide competitive pay and benefits that reward the hard work you are doing. I hope you’ll continue to share your thoughts with us as you further your career here.

Productive work place Everton works togehter as a team
Supervisor/ maintenance/ cooker operator (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 3, 2018
A nice environment very helpful on understanding and getting the grasp of your job. Reliable and dependable coworkers that always had your back when u need them
Pros
Lunches
Cons
No breaks
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We love hearing from our team members! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoy working with us, and that your team has your back. Valley Proteins is a great place to work, and we need all of our valued team members to get the job done. If you would like to provide more feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com.

Sucks!
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Linkwood, MDMarch 1, 2018
Job sucks! Everyone hates this job. I would not recommend this to others because they would carry stink home with them. Management does not know how to talk to employees.
Pros
At least i got a job! Doesn't pay well!
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you feel management does not communicate well with employees. We’re always looking for ways we can improve, and I will share your feedback with the management team. How the Company makes a sustainable difference is by recycling animal by-products into high quality ingredients for live stock feed and pet food. At times there may be a smell, yet you can go home proud that you are helping the environment. If you would like to provide more feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com.

Terrible plant and management
Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2018
Very terrible place to work! These people who run this plant don’t know what they are doing! Don’t know how run a plant! The management harasses u daily! Things break every night and they don’t wanna spend money to fix it so they replace it with old parts and it breaks again the next night! People were getting sick because of the nasty product coming in and hey don’t care they don’t give u the right equipment to protect yourself! I wouldn’t wish this job on my worse enemy
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work! That’s why they can’t keep good employees
March 13, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. Please know that I take your concerns seriously and I will be sharing your feedback with management. For three generations, Valley Proteins has been a leader in contributing to a cleaner environment and a stronger economy. But no matter how much we grow, it’s very important to us that we maintain our family-oriented culture. If you would like to provide additional information, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com. We’re always looking for ways we can improve.

Fun
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Was a very exciting place to work. I worked hard everyday and in the end I got well compensated for my actions. The people there are kind and friendly.
March 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your dedication to the Company. I agree, Valley Proteins is an exciting place to work with kind and friendly people. I’m happy to hear your hard work was rewarded during your time with us. That’s what it’s all about! If you would like to share additional thoughts, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com

I hate valley proteins
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 6, 2018
If management went to some of the plants we pick up from things would change and be better but they don't and won't so things will never get better and that's why I'm quitting as soon as I find something else even if you say something they don't do anything Gastonia plant is alright but I don't see no future there as a truck driver for myself they should be paying more more the BS u go through everyday glad I know all driving jobs aren't like valley proteins hopefully I won't be there much longer
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Money, equipment, shop people are lazy
February 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that communication is very important. That’s why I’m sorry to hear we are not meeting your expectations. Please know we work hard to provide a great workplace for our drivers. In addition to ensuring our drivers are home every night, we also offer competitive salaries and benefits. I will share your feedback with our management team, because we’re always looking for ways we can improve. If you would like to provide additional thoughts or concerns, please feel free to send an anonymous email to hr@valleyproteins.com

Terrible place to work
CDL A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Terre Hill, PAJanuary 16, 2018
The only good thing about this job is that they pay for overtime. Management sucks! They throw you under the bus in a heart beat. Once you get hurt you become expendable and they find ways to get rid of you. There's literally no communication what's so ever. Routing sucks. They like to send you places that your truck wont fit into. Their benefits are terrible. Beware of this place!
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Poor routing, no communication, benefits are terrible, management don't care about you.
February 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Glad you are happy with the overtime pay! I agree that communication is very important. we strive to provide a great workplace for our drivers. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to HR@VALLEYPROTEINS.COM

Stay away
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 10, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! Management is a joke at best. They will promise you anything to get you to come to work here but won't deliver on any of it. This is the worst company I have ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Will run you in the ground
February 9, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m sorry you were disappointed by your experience. We move as fast as we can to deliver on our promises. As a family-owned company, please know we value every member of our team and strive to provide great benefits and incentives to all. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to HR@VALLEYPROTEINS.COM

Okay job
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Linville, VAJanuary 5, 2018
It is a good starting job in the maintenance field, learn a lot, but very dirty and way under paid for the work load. Good for someone new and trying to learn, not an old man's job
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Alot of hours, not very safe, very nasty job
February 9, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. I agree that our workplace offers a great foundation for anyone in the maintenance field. I’m sorry to hear you felt under paid. We work hard to compensate our employees and provide incentives for growth. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to HR@VALLEYPROTEINS.COM

Valley Proteins - Human Resource Manager

There are many good things I could say but the bad started outweighing the good
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCDecember 23, 2017
They send New General Management that don’t have a qlue what they are doing and use them as long as they will stay to run the plant into the ground and the bring in the calvery of long time management to save the day to save face and fix what they see as the problem.
Pros
At this time none
Cons
Micro Managed
February 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback about your personal experience, because we’re always looking for ways we can improve. Your former role as a Maintenance Manager is critical to our operation. Thank you for the time you dedicated to making a difference in our organization. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to HR@VALLEYPROTEINS.COM.

Stressful but Rewarding
Corporate office employee (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 18, 2017
I feel Valley Proteins is a very good company to work for. It is at times stressful but the what job isn't. I feel the company/owners value the employees and acknowledge a job well done.
Pros
This company gives Christmas bonuses, pay, team atmosphere
Cons
high stress
February 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your five-star feedback! Like you said, it’s a rewarding environment to work in. We’re a family-owned organization with a pretty incredible team. That’s why every year we look to acknowledge the hard work that everyone puts in by throwing Company picnics and offering bonuses. Thanks for being a special part of it. Why else do you love working here? We would love to hear more. Please send any additional feedback to: HR@VALLEYPROTEINS.COM.

Stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 9, 2017
Valley proteins is a good place to work and has its advantages but the route distribution is not fair unless you are friends with the boss my time spent there was spent doing all the hard stuff that no one else wanted to do I had more time over people and still had to go do the hard stuff every day
Pros
Will always have a job
Cons
Have to be on the friends list.
February 9, 2018

Thanks for sharing your personal experience. We agree that this is a wonderful place to work! We take our staff allocation very seriously, and we work hard to make sure all employees are incentivized appropriately. I would like to learn more about your time with us. We’re always looking for ways we can improve so if you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to send an anonymous email to HR@VALLEYPROTEINS.COM..

Great family run business
Management (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 21, 2017
Valley Proteins is a great place to work. All teams are hard at work doing the best that they can to reach their goals. Each member is essential and the Company offers decent wages and benefits for their efforts. Our rapid growth brings challenges, and the team is eager to take them on. Because what we do is so important to the community and the environment, those that stick with us, stay for a long time.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Team Members
Cons
Customers drive our schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Proteins. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7