Valley Proteins Employee Reviews

Keep looking
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Hill, PAJuly 26, 2017
My advise is to take the time and read ALL the reviews on this company also, they advertise for employment 365 days a year company wide.....Notice any common themes??

The owners are clueless and make public statements thanking employees on how they have made their dreams come true while paying employees next to nothing with very very very expensive health insurance.

Dark, dirty, huge rats and cockroaches.

Bottom line is they pay very little, expect a lot...An average employee will give up on paycheck a month to cover benefits....

Many people ride on the coattails of others while doing next to nothing and receive high praise, don't turn your back because the blame will be directed towards you.
Pros
Cons
insurance, environment, owners, work conditions, Etc
Ok if don't have a family life
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDJuly 25, 2017
When I first started working here it was great, when my wife was having problems with pregnancy they really worked with me and helped us. However upon change of hands at the company they told me to kiss my family goodbye. I wasn't happy with that as I had a newborn.
Worst job ever
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Terre Hill, PAJuly 15, 2017
Over worked and under paid and under appreciated. The amount of money they offer does not counter act the stuff you have to put up with. The best shift is 3rd. Higher up in maintenance does not want to help or get dirty.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Everything else
Could be better, could be worse. Somebody has to do it!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Rose HillJuly 8, 2017
My overall experience was ok. I worked with a few good guys on night shift, but some of the others were snakes!!! My crew was good to work with and knowledgable in the work they performed. On the other crew we worked with during the weekend, there were a few good guys except a couple of know it all's who only walked around all night smoking ciggarettes and drinking soda, and one actually thought he was a lead man for some odd reason. My advice to the Owners is to watch a few of the nightshift guys closely. There is a lot of imbalance....Hire Professionals and not ameatures.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Night shift has no real leadership.
Not a good place to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2017
Jus a bad place to work not a safe place to be working needs to close all doors to the building and rebuild it I never seen a raise in my pay like they promised after my 90 days
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Could have been a real good place to work.
wastewater supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ward, SCMay 10, 2017
This was about the worse experience of my working life. There is a core group in management that looks out for eachother. Getting in to the group will be your first hurdle. I was WW Supervisor for 4 yrs. And have been gone for 3 yrs. There has been 3 supers in those 3 yrs. The Environmental manager is job scared and is in bad health. This means you will get zreo backup and maybe even a slit throat. The setup,from a Supers point of view, isn't worth the money. You WILL be asked to do shaker stuff with the sampling.
Pros
Very good benefits. You are working in the fields with spray irrigation a lot.
Cons
poor management., constantly pestered by the Enviromental manager., falsification of documentation by Environmental manager., Both of the DAF units are nightmares., they are overloaded. they were gutted before I got there so all the solids get blown over the weir., No lower baffles to assist with flotation., I updated as best as i could.
Ok place to work but management is a joke
Driver (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PAMay 4, 2017
Routes are easy and the work is not hard but management is a joke very little comunication from management and training on the routes is almost non existent so you should know what you are doing before you start. Trucks are maintained to the bare minimum
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment
Average work environment
WELDER/FABRICATOR/DIESEL MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 1, 2017
I have performed several job types for this company. It is the typical manufacturing environment. The typical work week rotates so that weekend work is scheduled for approximately 8-10 weeks at a time.
Move On this company has many problems
feather operator (Former Employee) –  Linkwood, MDApril 1, 2017
Prepare for dishonesty among management and working long hours for little pay. The worst place you will ever work. I was promised advancement opportunity and I was given a constantly changing and unpredictable schedules
Pros
I thought I could be promoted
Cons
Your just a number
Terrible
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Rose Hill, NCMarch 29, 2017
Job has no perks of being there, people are not friendly at all. People do not get along. Work conditions are bad. Never get any time at home or weekends.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work conditions
Don't Stop to Apply Here
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 13, 2017
The absolute worst place. Promise you advancement, better pay, and better working conditions. Forget about that. The only people who advance are management who look out for each other. Dedication means zero. When it's your time to go, you are gone. Nasty work, nasty conditions, blood, guts, inclement weather, all hours. "Don't worry, get it done." This is a family owned company owned by two brothers who treat you like dirt. HR is a joke. The HR director shut down the last place he worked. If you already work here, you are already looking for another job.
Pros
The owners get rich on your back.
Cons
The owners get rich on your back.
This place is no good
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCFebruary 28, 2017
The owners wife runs EVERYONE off! Even people who have never done business with them know about how bad she is. They wanna pay as little as possible and expect the best work.
If you can stay away from every one it's not bad
Driver (Current Employee) –  Veribest, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Management is horrible it's not who you know it's who you we'll you know the rest every one in the office is too busy sucking up to virginia to do their jobs buildings are falling apart trucks are. No better will short you every chance they get
Pros
On your own a lot of the time
Cons
Everything else
Valley Proteins
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAJanuary 1, 2017
picked up products from customers and hauled it to plant for processing. Driver of box trailers (eighteen wheelers) and straight trucks. Followed routes to customers and back to plant. Worked with customers to remove products from stores to truck.
Stay Clear of This Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 30, 2016
Clique related environment. If you don't fit in the clique you are nothing. Loyalty and good work mean nothing to those in management unless it serves their purpose. Management is manipulative and underhanded. This company touts that it cares about it's employees and their well being but it does not. All the owners of this company care about is working individuals until they have nothing more to offer to keep their garages loaded with Mercedes, BMWs and Ferraris. They will use you and abuse you then cast you aside.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Use to be a decent place to work, But not so much anymore .
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Straw Plains, TNDecember 24, 2016
A very over managed company, little to no communication between managers, no one knows what the other departments are doing.
under payed for job duty with no appreciation given to the plant employees.
Pros
Plant employees are great people.
Cons
dirty environment, under appreciated
dasdfasf
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ghthreasreagfdNovember 14, 2016
it wasn t good at all. i can say it sucked fat ones... i t reeally did i got tired of ti real quick. havve a good one. i dont care maen hahaha ...ill see you later. thanks alot buddy .
Pros
da fasd
Cons
dfadfa df
Poor and sorry place to work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 26, 2016
The job was cool the only problem was being able to cash my check the bank would tell me insufiant funds my co workers were good people to work with. I learned a lot about chicken
Not a plce you want to be
Maitenance mech/welder and fab (Current Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCOctober 7, 2016
This place is a stink hole work your fingers to the bone then get a boot up you butt cause you didnt do enough. Hire average people that are lazy that they start there pay more than what the people that have been with company 10+ year which makes for a very interesting work place and mangmemt is a big joke
Pros
Paycheck if you want to call it that
Cons
Just bout everything
Horrible Management
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Linkwood, MDOctober 5, 2016
Prepare for dishonesty and working long hours for little pay. Welcome to the worst place you will ever work. I was promised advancement opportunity and I was given a constantly changing and unpredictable schedule.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Proteins. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7