Valley Strong Credit Union

Valley Strong Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews
As a student msr, I would show up to my designated period and do transactions for any individual on the campus that required it. From teachers to students, staff members to parents on the campus, any individual that needed to handle a financial transactions, I was responsible for. Although most transactions were check / cash , there was instances where I paid loans for house and cars. The two main things I took away from this program was exerting proper social skills to interact with individuals regardless of commonality and financial transactions / literacy.
I am proud to say I work for Valley Strong CU. I have been with them for 17 years and they have been very supportive in helping me advance my knowledge and career. Great place to work and bank.
They will promote you if you are a good worker with a positive attitude. Culture is great and it is very family oriented. They have core values you must follow. Pay is decent for the job.
Pros
Family Culture
Cons
I found my experience at the Credit Union to be an enjoyable one. I definitely felt like part of a team. Management was very fair with work and compensation.
Cons
Some Weekend work
Good overall culture. Some opportunities to grow. There does seem to be some long tenured managers who may prefer to surround themselves with those with more tenure so new employees have to overcome not being known.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Management only cares about profit and does not care about employees at all, unless they favor you, in which you will be promoted to a position you are not qualified for and given a raise, Co workers were great to work with and friendly but management ruins this company by failing to live up to the company standards. Avoid working here.
This was my first job out of high school which was not bad. The culture and co workers are friendly, I highly reccomend this place for a relaxed environment towards teamwork.
I enjoyed working at Kern Schools very much. The management was amazing and learning new skills there were very easy. I cashed checks, deposited checks and cash. I handled business accounts and did major and minor changes to members accounts such as name changes, removing or adding joint members.
For all the responsibility, the pay is too low. Excellent company to work for, culture is absolutely comfortable and positive. Love going to work everyday.
If you work as a college student while working here you're screwed, they make you abide this 2 day college rule and they expect you to go work here for 3 days for weekdays and 1 day weekend which is terrible and would not work with you. Working here was fun but the people who manage your schedule won't bother helping you it is "quit or not go to college". Coworkers on the branches are very nice and members are very friendly. Many part time workers have no choice but try and schedule their work with school or just quit. Before I started they promised to work with my school schedule but now I just realized that they just screwed me over not worth it if I were you.
Pros
Staff are nice
Cons
Scheduling manager suck
Its a very stressfull job. Hours are great, but dealing with unpleasant people on a day to day basis gets to you over time. I would recomend it if you dont mind that
I believe the employee on the front line and on the phones are the face of the company. They take the most beatings from members they deserve to be paid more and have options to be promoted within the branch.
Pros
The people
Cons
The pay
Great place to work.. not so much as a fast pace environment.. but fun none the less.. great people and this was the best location relative to my work and school..
Pros
paid time off
Cons
long lunch
I enjoyed working as a teller for the credit union. Everyone prides themselves on the quality of work they strive to provide for the community. Everyone is really nice.
Pros
Lots of doughnuts and birthday celebrations
I've never worked for a corporation where everyone is friendly. There's always assistance if needed. Also there are many opportunities to move in the with company.
Pros
awesome environment
Cons
I have enjoyed working for KSFCU. I have been given opportunities to advance positions and learn new roles. I have been able to work with lots of different people who are always great and friendly and knowledgeable. I have had several great supervisors and have served in multiple capacities within the credit union.
Pros
Gained a lot of knowledge regarding banking
Cons
Kern Schools Federal Credit Union is a phenomenal establishment that values its members and employees. I am grateful to have worked at KSFCU and would recommend others to apply and work there as well.
The Credit Union is a great place to work, I've dedicated four years. They do like to promote from within and everyone is very friendly. It's like being with family every day, they are very focused on member service! It's always great to go to work everyday and spend the amount of time I do with people I truly care about and I enjoy my time with them. They offer great benefits and anyone who works for them would agree with that. They are always doing things for their employees and members that let you know they truly care.
A typical day at work was being on the phone for 5 hours straight with members conducting transactions and filing paperwork. I learned a lot of things as far as working with different computer systems, how to multitask, and how to better my customer service. The hardest part of the job was trying to please upper management and levelling up in the company. The most enjoyable part was being able to connect with all of my co-workers.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Horrible upper management
In general the culture life in the CU is one to work as a team to get the job done. Management does have an open policy and are willing to hear your ideas.
Pros
Great team work culture
Working there taught me excellent customer care skills and its fast paced! Good workers, and you have to be prepared for rush hour! part time and full time, they work well with your school schedule
Pros
help is always needed
Cons
strict on overtime
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Strong Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3